Post Office Limited Reviews

73% of reviewers recommend Post Office Limited

How would you rate Post Office Limited ?

Disgruntled
"Had to take P.O. Money through their complaints procedure then subsequently to the Financial Ombudsman. This was because they issued me with a new credit card (which worked) then inexplicably sent me a replacement card (which didn't work). They kept assuring the ombudsman that my card DID work. After many weeks which included P.O. Money sending me yet another card (which didn't work) & offering me some compensation which I rejected, they eventually showed themselves to be a little bit economical with the truth to the Ombudsman, I was awarded an improved offer which I accepted. I won't be using P.O. Money for anything in the future."
"Not happy with the automatic review policy and the lack of review reminders that you get. Also had an increase of nearly 40% on the previous year, way above the standard. I would not recommend them."
J Sandilands
"No hassle no hidden costs"
"Post Office 116-120 Seven Sisters Road, Holloway London, N7 6AE Absolutely diabolical service, took 29 parcels on 12/03/2018 to send away and they sent 28 and one went missing. Counter staff claimed she had accidentally put it in the bag without putting a label on it and her colleague beside her became irate and got involved and said she’s not to blame. Is this human error, theft or incompetence? I don’t know but I certainly won’t be going back for more bad service."
"Local post office, Weyhill road Andover. Sold 50 normal letter stamps instead of large letter...16 of my parcels went with inadequate postage and cost me £25 in customer charges. Represenative at fault, would not take blame...complained post office and apparently 12 normal letter stamps is adequate compensation."
"ordered 2000 2nd class stamps next day delivery. order accepted. next day i get an email saying that because my order is a large one they want confirmation that i really want the stamps. no warning on website or in order confirmation email that large orders will be held up. very inconvenient for me. very poor service."
"Haing used other services (even China post!) I have never had a problem. I go in to send a box at the Wigan Road Branch in Bolton (Dean) and I ask for a receipt. As my postage was prepaid by the company the item was to be sent to they said I don't get a receipt. I was hesitant but the item needed to go back that day. As suspected the item goes missing. NO CCTV AVAILABLE, NO PROOF OF POST OUTGOINGS WHATSOEVER. BASICALLY NO PROOF. Royal mail says I should get a receipt, yet, I since recorded them saying not everybody gets a receipt. They then accused me of not asking for a receipt (do I need to ask?? Yet I did!) and of losing it myself. They can't provide proof of my post whatsover. A company that sends post everyday apparently does not track it? Not even for their behalf? Having worked for a few companies in retail, they record outgoings. How are you supposed to operate not knowing what is coming and going?? Everything they said they said I was lying. FOUL PLAY FOR SURE! Be careful. People know how to work the system and make your items disappear!"
"Been trying to get through on the claim line for nearly an hour... no answer, just a constant hold message.. obviously, my call isn't important to you as you've now stated 50 times or more!..."
"They wanted £600 for car insurance, I got it for £250 what rip off merchants."
"insured the car with post office sent everything they asked for was told we would have a discount sent 2 bank acc nothing bk phoned them a few times still no money bk will never use post office again n will definately tell our friends never 2 use post office car insurance disgusting n disgraceful rate from 1 /10 1 being poor i rate it 1"
"Took out van insurance in Oct 2017 and declared a no fault claim but in Dec 2017 was charged extra £101 as Post Office insurance said it was a fault claim. Sent confirmation and emailed the proof which they kept losing, staff would give out wrong info and not call back when promised. Loads of other problems but will take all day to write down. Completely out of pocket going with this company and the incompetence is beyond a joke."
Stephen Paul Young
Unverified Reviewer
"I paid £65 2 months ago to be added to my wife's car policy. I now no longer drive and we have been told that instead of getting a £40 refund, I'll have to pay £95 to longer drive! Original policy was £240. With these 'adjustment' costs the policy has cost £400. Shame, real shame as we have been using the Post Office for over 40 years up until now. We won't do in the future!"
Alison Ingham
Unverified Reviewer
"My washing machine has broke and keeps tripping the electrics. Have been told it is now dangerous to use. I'm a single mother with a 3 year old. I have been told I am not able to claim on my contents insurance. It's a joke. They are happy enough to keep taking the monthly payments though. Soon as I can I am canceling the policy. Will never recommend"
"Cancelled car insurance as sold the vehicle. Cancellation fee of £55 demanded within two days. Useless and annoying customer service"
"I rang to inform them I didn't want to renew policy - as lease car was going back, there were 2 days left on the EXISTING policy the lady said she would cancel the policy and there was nothing to pay - 1 week later rude phone call followed by threatening letter demanding I pay £20.86 for 2 days cancelled - at that rate that means my insurance policy should have be £3,650 a year - rubbish customer service and now I have to pay or have a debt collection agency charge me even more - so they have got me over a barrel - needless to say they will never ever ever get another penny from this lady!"
"Terrible company. They cancelled my insurance despite sending them the information they requested. They claimed it never arrived but screenshots prooved it was sent. Despite this they refused to rectify and said that I would now have to inform insurers that I had been cancelled insurance. Thanks for that Post Office."
"Tried to insure my van, but they won't cover me if I carry a propane gas bottle for plumbing. Let's hope there's no plumbers out there with van insurance through the Post Office!"
"""awful slow service when dealing with a very simple and non expensive claim. the automated service sent me around the departments, the agents did not listen to my issue, i heard about regulation a million times. never again - roll on renewal!"
"£35 for myself and my wife and son for a week in Spain seemed a bit expensive but we decided to buy. Told in branch that because I have asthma there may be a small additional charge of around £4. Rang the helpline to declare my asthma and was charged an additional £17. Way to expensive with excessive hidden costs."
Annoyed Would Be Poster
Verified Reviewer
"Our village Post Office has been closed to be replaced with a convenience store counter. Tried to drop off a letter mid afternoon and was told they don't have collections! The remaining Post Box in the village is collected at 9.00am which loses a full day. Utter madness and a massive step backwards."
Post Office Limited is rated 3.86 based on 211 reviews