Performance Direct Reviews

of reviewers recommend Performance Direct
Read Performance Direct Reviews
Not impressed. Service was responsive rather than pro active. Told they could not send emails and then followed up with emails threatening to cancel my policy a week after the requested information had been sent in.
Long winded phone call going through everything filled in online took an entire lunch hour and didn't finish everything! Would not recommend as still not 100% sure policy is in place!
Never had a claim with them, so nothing to feedback on there, but I feel I must mention the issues I faced when taking out the policy. I filled in my details, got a quote and took out a policy online for my motorhome directly via the Performance Direct site, with my insurance selected to start immediately.

Despite having a confirmation email, unfortunately it appeared that on checking the MIB database that my vehicle was not insured for at least a week, until I had gone through the entire quote again over the phone with a staff member. It begs the question, why fill all the details in online if it must be done again over the phone to confirm it? The staff themselves were very helpful and fine to deal with, no issues there, but it was a huge waste of time to have to go through all of my details twice, for no apparent reason.

The reason I took out the policy online (as I've done with many other insurance policies with other insurers) is to avoid having to make a phonecall in office hours, something that is not easy due to my job. I'd probably have gone elsewhere had I known this to be the case. I'd urge Performance Direct to re-evaluate this procedure, or at the very least make potential customers aware that this is the case at the very beginning of their quote.
Excellent all round service, Very competitive and can't fault! Easy to arrange with no fuss, thanks again. Regards, Jimmy.
Good competitive insurance.
Very difficult to get hold of on the phone. Took many hours and several occasions of being on hold to get through to anyone.
Thanks for telling me about policy details after I had paid rather than before. I told you I would not accept those conditions that you hadn't mentioned before you took my money but you took it anyway. Then you charged me a massive amount anyway. Worst of all, all this was prior to the time on risk date . COVER HAD NOT STARTED AND YOU WERE NEVER ON RISK. You have contravened distance selling law but the least I have to do with you suits me better than a prolonged hassle.
Easy to use and quick
Competitive and efficient
Excellent value and good customer service to date!
v/good service and very happy with the price can not fault them 5/5
As my Insurance is for a second car that is seldom used, price was the priority. The price was most competitive my only complaint would be that to confirm the policy you must telephone the provider or the policy may be invalid, it took three daily attempts to get through and this resulted in added costs on my telephone bill. Having said that, once contact was made the process was simple and professional. I hope to never need to test a claim process so overall happy with my selection.
I have used Performance Direct before, I have never had any problems with them and their price is competitive !
Whilst we did not renew with Performance direct for our Motorhome Insurance, during the time we were with this company we found them to be efficient, completely trouble free uploading documents, getting our questions answered were no problem at all - YES we would recommend this company in the future
Excellent Service
Everything is fine thank you
very courteous, made renewing policy quite easy, and being reasonably competitive with their quote.
Horrid attitude by the lady who answered the phone and vert doggy ways to concel the fact that you send customer Details - who chose to pay via DD - over to A finance company so that you can get your premium in full upfront and placing those customer on a finance agreement behind their own knowledge; I was personally harassed and rang several times at day and receiving an email a day by the company that you sent my details to provide my bank details as well as my card details in order to finalise the financial agreement which you entered without my consent and/or my knowledge as you simply done it.
Scam, crooks, god knows what else and who else you have handed my personal details to and what for!!! Absolutely scam of hearth and disgraceful business conduct.
We insure all our vehicles with you and have always found polite and helpful people whenever we have a query or renewal. Cannot fault your service.
Very Good, used them twice now, never an issue,
I don’t know. Great service to sign up, but what will they be like when it comes to renewing. Was the great price just a lure as seem to be so common amongst insurance companies?
We shall see in a years time! (Hopefully I won’t need to make a claim)
Very easy to insure