Performance Direct Reviews

of reviewers recommend Performance Direct
Read Performance Direct Reviews
do not understand why third issue of car insurance confirmation does not include mileometer reading even though submitted nor why declaration of diabetes (DVLC aware) controlled by medication has been ignored even though you been advised 3 times !
I'm not sure that 'Classic Car' insurance is very fair. Before I took out insurance for my irregularly used second car I was told that I had no NCD as it was a second vehicle, even though I had 10 years NCD on my main vehicle. Now that I do have 1 year of such insurance they refuse to give me 1 year NCD because it is 'Classic Car' insurance which does not qualify for NCD.

Having your cake and eating it I think!
everything as I would expect.
Last year they were helpful and insured me for the year . This year no very pleased I've tried to phone them no answer , tried online chat no answer . They never told me how much my yearly insurance would be and when it was taken from bank I didn't have enough to cover it , nearly £400 . Next year I'll find someone else .
As with many providers massive increase in premium this year will not use next year
Price is competitive but had to make several phone calls as information not correct on paperwork.
Unsubscribing to emails does not work
price had gone up with a bit of haggle got the same as last year
Hello

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

For any further assistance please don't hesitate to contact us.

Hello

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. If you require any further assistance please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Performance Direct
I can't say how good PD is as I have never had to make a claim, hopefully it is better than their use of the English language in their emails etc
Hi Rodney

Thank you for your feedback.

To offer some reassurance, we work closely with our dedicated claims handler to ensure that when a claim is made, our customers are at the forefront but if you require any further assistance, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Performance Direct
Great insurance my second year only problem I have being , I pay mine monthly and I feel I am being ripped off slightly. Because I am paying monthly there’s quite a bit extra add on , I understand you pay a little extra which I have no problem with. But I feel it is definitely on the strong side. Will think about moving on next year !!
1. Renewal quote for my existing car - very good. Cheaper than last year
2. New quote for new car - terrible. Very difficult and very expensive
Hi Richard

Thank you for sharing your feedback, all comments are reviewed and taken on board.

I'm pleased that your renewal was very good however, it is disappointing to read that your new car insurance quote did not meet your expectations. If you would like me to look into this further for you, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Performance Direct
Good service and pricing. Only complaint is we had a minor accident with another car with a different insurer and even before the claim was sorted out, we were called and our premium increased considerably due the accident with the other vehicle. Bit strange, but there you go.
Hi

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

All comments are taken on board and are fed back to the appropriate teams.

However, if you would like me to look into this further for you, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Performance Direct
Average service, nothing outstanding to note. You couldn’t quite match a better quote but you came near so stayed with you for ease.
Hi Marie

Thank you for sharing your experience.

If you require any further assistance, please don't hesitate to visit our Existing Customer pages on www.performancedirect.co.uk where you'll find plenty of helpful information.

It is as expected
Hi Colin

Thank you for sharing your experience, I am pleased we could match your expectations but if there is anything else we can do to assist, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Performance Direct
I didn't seem to get an email to remind me my renewal was due and didn't know the premium had been taken out of my account until I saw it later.
I would have still used Performance as the cost of the insurance is still very reasonable.
Hi Keith

Thank you for sharing your feedback with Performance Direct and apologies that you have not received your renewal invitation.

Please do get in touch with us and we can confirm that your contact details are up-to-date.

Please visit www.performancedirect.co.uk/existing-customers/contact-us.aspx to find the most appropriate way to let us know.

Performance Direct
Had to phone for better price after receiving quotes from internet
Hi Gary

Thank you for sharing your feedback.

If this is regarding a renewal, our renewal invitations are sent automatically and are issued under your current insurer.

Once a customer contacts us, we can then search the market and various insurers to find you the best deal.

I hope the above helps to explain why this process takes place but should you require any further information don't hesitate to let me know.

Performance Direct
While they seem to find good cover I find that their ability to track details on my insurance is highly random. Every renewal I seem to have to fix details they either knew about and have forgotten, entered incorrectly, or not updated when corrected last time. It is a frustrating waste of time. They also seem to think they can use email to send legal contracts and documents, but if I send them a statement they need a phone call or other validation. Good for goose but not gander.

Thank you for sharing your feedback.

Your comments will be taken on board and passed onto the relevant department, however, if you would like me to investigate this further for you please don't hesitate to let me know.

Performance Direct
Good price first year but then at renewal price goes up. Admin fees are doubled. If you call in yo query then these costs are flexible, and can make a difference Still a big on expensive side by comparison
Not having to use their services it’s unfsir to comment on overall performance
Keep sending me Thankyous for renewing after confirming that policy is not being renewed
Hi Hugh

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback and apologies that you feel this way.

If you would like me to look into anything please let me know.

Performance Direct
Would have liked Performance Direct to pre search for cheaper policies without me phoning for a better deal.
Hi

Thank you for sharing your renewal experience with us.

Our renewal invitations are sent automatically and are issued under your current insurer.

Performance Direct
I'm not quite sure spending more money on insurance can make me happy. I still find that having a increase in cost does not justify the work you've put in does not warrant it.
Hi Tim

Thank you for sharing your feedback.

Apologies that you feel this way, if you would like me to look into anything for you please don't hesitate to let me know.

Performance Direct is rated 4.12 based on 737 reviews