Paws and Claws Reviews

48% of reviewers recommend Paws and Claws

How would you rate Paws and Claws ?

"A RIP OFF, ONCE YOU ARE SIGNED UP THEY TAKE YOUR MONEY, BUT YOU RECEIVE NO POLICY AND IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO LOG INTO YOUR ACCOUNT TO SEE IT. THEY DON'T ANSWER EMAILS EITHER.DO NOT WASTE YOUR HARD EARNED CASH."
"I've found their premiums very reasonable compared with other companies and they are very fair and prompt in settling claims. I have had pets for the past 50 years and dealt with various insurance companies for the last 35. I rate P & C among the best."
"Total rip off merchants. I took out an insurance on my pet dog for (accident & illness, and still have the original policy). Now my dog is ill and i have made a claim, they are refusing to cover me, stating that there was a mistake and that i was only covered for accidental death. Absolute garbage.. Please steer clear of this rip off lot.."
"Awful company. They have taken nearly 6 months to settle my claim, and only paid out part of it. Repeatedly lost documentation, repeatedly re-requested information i had given to them, gave me email addresses that didn't work. Purpose of the company seems to be to deter you from claiming, and to minimise the pay out through dragging everything out. Do not use!"
"I would never use Paws & Claws for a pet again. 1. Insurance premiums have been increased by over 22% this year (2018). 2. If you have to make a claim, don't expect a quick response - or even a response. 3. They will claim that your vet has not sent documentation when the vet has copies of the emails sent! 4. If you try to look at your claims history, it will make no sense with missing claim values, wrong dates and weird comments saying 'Duplicate Claim', etc."
"When making a claim The staff don't even know what's covered, so how is the customer meant to know Dental is not covered, even if your dog has an accident, or bangs his mouth. I'd call that an accident My dog banged himself jumping through his dog flap. Paid insurance for years, first time I need help, and there just isn't any!"
"Please do not use paws & claws they will not pay out . They are Ok taking your money . But when My dog needed a MMI scan they have refused to pay out. They are a scam of a company . Please be aware . Very unhappy custermer."
"I made a claim for an injured dew claw on my dog and it has been rejected saying this is a cosmetic procedure. Why would I want to remove my dogs dew claws is they were healthy and the dog is 3 years old. I took the dog to the vets who advised it was the best solution due to a chronic infection because of the injury and my claim has been rejected twice. I will not be renewing my policy and I will pursue this via the insurance ombudsman however I shouldn't have to be going to all this trouble. Disgraceful company."
"Watch out for the terms of business - there is no cooling off period (usually 14 days) on the autorenewal of policies. You have to pay a fee to cancel the policy which is very cheeky and it is not explicit despite being in the terms of business. Such a fee is not ethical in this day and age when people tend to shop around and switch providers. My policy payments went up significantly each time the policy renewed despite making no claims in one year. No reasoning as to why there was such an increase - I wish I had made the time to shop around sooner. Also unable to tell me how much I would be refunded on the monthly premium I had paid. Not ideal - surely someone could hazard a guess?! I would not use them again, nor would I recommend them. For any who use them, make sure you are ready to pay the exit fee which I am informed cannot be waived!"
"Straight forward and clear"
(Pet Insurance) - Posted 5 months ago
"Paws and Claws deliberately sent me unuseable telephone numbers to make a claim after avoiding my emails. I think they are a deliberate con. Please do not use!"
"I would never use this company again every time I have made a claim surprisingly they have not received the claim form I have been with them for the past 6 years and made 5 claims and over a month later on (each claim) be told not received. Even though I have waited and posted the filled in paperwork myself and posted first class and twice were by recorded delivery. My vet as emailed them the forms too and they tell lies that did not receive and also did not receive the faxes. It is terrible enough experience to deal with your injured or poorly pet but then you have to deal with the nightmare of dealing with (Paws and Claws) and it truly is a nightmare believe me lies and endless phone calls. I would warn anyone to stay away from this company and spend your money with a company like pet plan more expensive but no problems at all with my other dog and cat very very helpful. Plus my polices with petplan do not more than double every year. Me personally I would not give them 1 star if the opinion was available. Please all stay away"
"Easy clean up and hardly no smell. Can last up to four days with just scooping out clumps."
"Absolutely dreadful company. AVOID AT ALL COSTS PawsnClaws will employ every dirty trick in the book to avoid paying out. Resending correspondence and then claiming they didn't receive it, constantly waiting for 'updates' from vets, despite the fact I sat and listened to the vet give them everything they need. Even had the cheek to hang up on me when I asked them what had happened tO my claim that I had submitted 3 months prior! USUAL DIRTY CHEAP TRICKS TO NOT PAY OUT. AVOID AVOID AVOID"
"Contacted rr claim for my dog, everything was handled and settled very quickly and efficiently"
(Pet Insurance) - Posted 9 months ago
"Easy to set up and pricing is very good. Haven't had to make any claims yet so can't comment on how smoothly this is dealt with"
(Pet Insurance) - Posted 10 months ago
"Tried to insure my cat. Their website was really difficult to negotiate and I managed to pick the wrong cover. Informed them I would have to cancel and they charged me £30 for the privilege. They could have offered to upgrade the policy to one that suited me but they were quite rude so in a way I think it was a lucky escape and I will be looking elsewhere"
"If I could I would give this company zero stars. They are very quick to offer a low insurance cost to hook the customer but seem to have a policy of either delaying settling in the hope customers will give up or not settling a claim at all. I submitted a claim for less than £100 over five months ago. Since then I've been fobbed off with excuse after excuse. I would advise anyone to go elsewhere even if the policy cost is a bit higher as if you are unfortunate enough to have to make a claim you will struggle to get settlement."
"Stay away don't bother.Was insured 3 paws so that covered me £2500 for the year come to get my dogs treated for ligament damage they will only pay £1000 cheers paws and claws ( cancelled )"
"Don't even bother getting insurance with these waste of time and they will not pay you out"
Paws and Claws is rated 2.84 based on 75 reviews