Only Young Drivers Reviews

0% of reviewers recommend Only Young Drivers

How would you rate Only Young Drivers ?

"cancelled my insurance whilst i was in London , i had to get a friend to get the train down to drive my car back letter dated the 9th May from OYD to say they had cancelled my insurance on the 9th May received the letter on the 12th May (RIDICULOUS) told the policy was cancelled due to black box score even though i had many inaccurate readings and two replacement boxes ; the app registered i was driving when i was on the train!! completely useless and caused nothing but problems - provided only 1 years NCB when it should have been 2 years currently in the complaint procedure."
"Avoid at all costs!!! The app was extremely inaccurate, I noticed that my score was really low so I purposely went on journeys to boost my score making sure I didn’t exceed the speed limit and it was rating my speed -10 which meant I was at more risk of cancellation. I saved myself the time and cancelled it myself.. “14 working days and the money should be back in your account” they said, 3 weeks later and I’m still waiting for my £700 refund.. I have contacted them every day since the “14 working days” mark and I’m still £700 down.. will be taking things further in the morning. Disgusting!"
"They are the absolute worst company ever, ridiculously unhelpful, they cancelled my policy without informing me, I was driving around for 3 days without knowing. They won't inform me of whether or not my refund will actually come and the staff are rude and quite frankly a little stupid. I would never recommend this company. They are literally the worst!"
"Not even worthy of one star! Threatening to cancel my policy after one journey! I had explained it was a new vehicle and different fuel type to my previous so may not be used to it and I was assured that they were lenient with the first few journeys. CLEARLY NOT!!! After checking more reviews online which stated policies had been cancelled and poor notification methods I decided to beat them too it and cancel my policy before they did! Was on the phone for no longer than a minute minimal information taken. 19 days later still no refund. Called to chase this up as I have been poorly and unable to contact them. Was put on hold for 30 minutes!!! In the finish turns out the didn’t have a contact number for me although at the beginning of the call they asked me to confirm my number as security checks so obviously they did!!! I paid this policy in full over £800 and have been relying on this money and have no been left in debt with other companies as unable to pay bills because only young drivers can’t pay their refunds when due!!! WILL NOT RECOMEND THIS COMPANY TO MY ENEMIES!!!"
"I wouldn’t even give it a one star review. Absolutely awful company. I took out insurance, unfortunately had an accident, was stuck on the road with a child for 5 hours. Customer service is useless, and unreachable. Wasn’t even insured through them, and they couldn’t tell me who I was insured with even though I purchased it under the illusion it was with them. Got passed along from company to company and then today had another company call me telling me I made a claim through them but they couldn’t find any details or policy and they weren’t even my insurers , when I told them this the woman on the phone was terribly rude. It’s tragic to say but if I wasn’t insured I would have been recovered much quicker and helped quicker. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY, you’ll end of abandoned and worse off if you do. Quick to take your money and harass with phone calls but when you need to use your insurance your unable too. And that’s the whole point of having insurance in the first place!!! So disappointed with this. I’m £1500 worse off thanks to them. Stuck on the road needing medical attention but couldn’t leave my car, for 5 hours in the freezing cold with a young child.. not even worthy of having 1 star!! The most useless company ever who not only just pass you along from company to company with no idea themselves. Also told me my car was a write off and they will keep it but an honest mechanic told me repairable and can be put back on the road. To use the worst dissaponted is a massive understatement to describe them. I simply cannot deal with how we were left on the side of the road especially with a young child, in such poor weather having to deal with injuries & shock and safety and to on top deal with the stress & anxiety of dealing with this company in such terrible circumstances. 5 hours it took to get somewhere, it’s just disgraceful. Avoid at all costs!!!!"
"worst company ever"
"Terrible terrible service !!! Had my policy cancelled with them and the lack of communication within the company is shocking ! They told me my policy was cancelled by second class post no call no email and I received the document that said my policy was being cancelled on the day it was finished ! I made a claim with them in July 2017 to then be told in February 2018 my case is still not closed even though I paid my excess and collected my vehicle - everytime I have called I am told something different and the details change everytime ! I asked for my no claims certificate and was then told I should have received an email stating that I owe them £155 and they will not issue it to me without the full payment being made upfront - I was then told they had no idea about my claim WITH THEM and that they would need to get information from yet ‘another area’ to update my no claims before sending it which could take a few days - called them the next day to settle the balance only to be given another number to call to get my certificate only to be told apparently they have no certificate for me and to contact my previous insurers - by all means all staff members were nice and polite however no one knows what they are doing and clearly there is no internal communication between departments and lack of training !! AVOID the amount of stress for such a small and simple task is shociking"
"I passed my test last feb 2017. I decided to go with OYD as they were offering a good deal and as a first time driver it was an offer i had to accept. Which was taking on a blackbox. Now in some cases this is great but it caused me nothing buy hassle i was having to phone them every other month so complain about problems. Just after christmas i got an email of cancellation because apparently they hadn't been getting readings from my black box. I phoned to try get an explanation and all i got back was we shall investigate and get back to you. Only yesterday (15/01/2017) i phoned to say i wont be carrying on my policy with them and this morning i have an email with them saying everything was fine with my blackbox they've been getting readings all along. Shambles of a company charge you a load just to change a few simple things. Wouldn't advise this company at all and quite frankly don't think they should be in use anymore!"
"Worst car insurance provider I have ever used... In the 12 month I needed to make 3 changes to my account - address, adding business mileage, adding a named driver. They charged me £25 every change! I told them i was going to be late paying one month due to banking issue, they said no problem we will collect again in 7 days. 10 days past no collection of payment, only to receive a letter saying insurance would be cancelled. Finance company refused to reinstate payment plan even on instruction from insurers. Finally long wait times. I’ve always had to wait 30 mins - 1 hour to get through to anyone. Total joke !!"
"wow, shocking business, very convoluted...operating as...licensed by... avoid at all costs. They are part of a very large company, AUTONET. I would complain to them directly. My guess is this brand won't be around in 12 months time, not under this name anyway. They are making money by conning already pressured young drivers, ethically and morally bankrupt. My suggestion is that whoever took the time to write the reviews here should report them to the ombudsmen http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/, who will take action if they receive enough complaints, and the people that have lost out financially could well recover their money and then some."
"The app what they give you to track your driving is set to give you low scores even if you drive well. I made several test runs ensuring that i don't go over the speed limit at any given time and they still gave me a -10 (the worst score) for speed for the whole journey. They either want you to drive as some 90 year old granny, or this is how they get money by increasing premiums by next year. Please take my advice - avoid this company at all cost!!!"
"Got to be the worst company to deal with by a long shot. takes two hours and then the price over the phone changes for hundreds. waste of my time"
"Wouldnt even bother insuring your car with them, absolutely ridiculous customer service, spent hours on hold for nothong to be resolved, went through a cancellation and they still took over £200 out of my account without telling me, with no chance of a refund, avoid at all cost."
"Had this policy for two and a half months I did all the required action for my insurance to be valid for them to send me a letter two and a half months later saying my insurance is cancelled because when I sent the required documents they could not open the pictures I send due to their software and they have now taken the deposit and 2 months insurance and can't refund my deposit or done the documents in the 1 month required time I was quoted by the manager by telephone today !!! Would rate 1 they are compulsive liars as they said they contacted me by letter and email and I received nothing before the letter of cancellation today STAY AWAY"
Angie Shannon
Unverified Reviewer
"If we could score them 0 we would. Horrendous problems with the tracking app. My son is in the army and they keep trying to cancel his policy as he hasn't used his car for a period of time because he was out of the country in excercise. He had an accident last week as a new tyre he had fitted blew. They told him his car was a write off and that they would be in touch with a settlement figure. Fast forward 10 days and now it turns out they won't pay as they want to push the claim to the garage that fitted the new tyre. He has paid them almost £3000 over the last two years for comprehensive insurance and it's been a complete waste. No one can tell us when or if he will get any money back to clear his finance off. Steer well clear, I've been a long term customer with LV who own only young drivers and will NOT be renewing with them."
"Stay well away! It's like they want the app not to work so they can cancel your insurance and take a premium. They practically cancelled without telling me! I had a message in my junk mail telling they had tried contacting me several times! I had 1 txt not even a phone call. Also had 2 smart driver divices sent out because first one wasn't working and I'm guessing the 2nd wasn't either. Absolute con!"
Very Poor Company Tried To Get In Touch To 'reorder Another Box Of Them No Reply Through Emails And
Unverified Reviewer
"Grrrr really annoyed now it has affected and brought my insurance up."
"It's ridiculous I can drive 100 miles and it doesn't record any driving even with my signal full with 4g and location turned on. Then what's worse only young drivers get in contact to cancel my Insurace cause I apparently haven't been using the app. Get it fixed properly or don't use it at all for heaven's sake"
"DO NOT USE ONLY YOUNG DRIVERS. I would not even give this company a 1 star rating but I have to to leave a review. This is by far the worst insurer in the country had i of known this would cause me so much stres I would have paid more and gone elsewhere. My app is undeveloped and believes I am constantly speeding and driving when my car is parked and I have turned my Bluetooth off. Yesterday I apparently managed 48 miles within 3 minutes. Customer services are rude and untrained, there are no procedures in place when you call to complain just just get put on hold and nothing is dealt with. I have been complaining about the service and the app since November 2016 it is now almost 5 months later I have spoken to 2 managers who advised they were looking into it and will contact me later in the day who have then never contacted me since. Save stress, time and money. Go elsewhere."
"Useless device its not working they complain that you did t activate the application bit the application show you an error that don t let you use it. after all this shits they charge you with extra money if you move in another city. Shitty servicesc DON T USE THIS COMPANY IS USELESS BELIVE ME"
Only Young Drivers is rated 1.13 based on 24 reviews