Onequote Direct Reviews

51% of reviewers recommend Onequote Direct

How would you rate Onequote Direct?

We need a working email address to verify that your review is genuine.

73 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00
Stephen

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about Onequote Direct in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
"This company charge to much for cancellations and will not refund any extra's they sell you, even if you have never used them and have months left on the those extra's when you cancel the policy. If you go through them to get insurance I would advice never get the extra's through them, go direct to breakdown or legal companies for these services."
Colette Lamb
Verified Reviewer
"Do not use one quote direct A notification of house move has incurred either an adjusted premium of an additional £130 or a £75 cancellation fee. When asked if they could reduce any of the administration fees they only took off £10. This is after paying for the premium in full back in May. They keep their premiums low by excessively exploiting minimal adjustments to the premiums . I will not be renewing or recommending one quote direct."
"I am very impressed by one quote direct. Providing my cover was easy and clearly explained, then processed without any problem at all. I have had reason to call the helpline on a couple of occasions and was dealt with efficiently and with complete satisfaction by the service provided"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 weeks ago
"policy was up for renewal i informed them way before the date that i wasn't going to stay with them and they still went and took money out of my account that wasn't theirs. Then offer £25 as compensation when they have messed me up with my direct debits! useless company. DO not touch this company! I rather pay extra on car insurance then to deal with theses!"
"This is the worst Insurance company I have ever used. £30 to change your address. this took 30 seconds. My other cars took 1 minute on line and no charge. £50 to cancel if I chose that option. Could not use the card I paid for policy with as it was not my card. Didn't seem to matter when I originally paid. Took 3 attempts to get through due to long waits."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 months ago
"AVOID THIS COMPANY. THEY ARE A COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY. THEY OFFER YOU INSURANCE AND 7 DAYS LATER ADVISE THEY CAN NOT KEEP TO THE AGREEMENT THEY HAVE MADE AND CHARGE YOU £25 FOR THE PLEASURE. THEY TAKE THE INITIAL PAYMENT FROM YOU IMMEDIATELY BUT THEN ADVISE THEY CANNOT CONTINUE WITH THE AGREEMENT AND IT WILL TAKE 5 DAYS TO BE REFUNDED. IT REMAINS TO BE SEEN WHETHER I WILL ACTUALLY GET A REFUND AND AM NOT HOSPEFUL. ALL I CAN SAY IS THEY GIVE BROKERS A BAD NAME. GO DIRECT TO AN INSURANCE COMPANY IF YOU DON'T WANT TO WASTE TIME OR MONEY!!!!"
"None stop hassle from start to finish, BAD BAD BAD company with zero customer care given. cost me loads of hidden charges to cancel even after paying the full amount for the 12 mouths of in one go. stay away and do not use."
"Bad, Bad Bad- cancellation charges over £180. Basically hid charges. Should be bared from operating"
"When I renew my policy no body contact me"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 4 months ago
"Rang to cancel a car insurance policy taken out a month previously; it took THREE separate calls to resolve my issue, which was to be given a clear breakdown of charges BEFORE making the cancellation. In the event they just went ahead and cancelled it and on the third phone call I finally was told that they cannot give a breakdown until you cancel! BUYER BEWARE: From a total of £173 I was left, after charges of £50 (cancellation fee), £25 (comparison website usage fee) and £49.66 and other charges with a total of £23.72. I will NEVER do business with this company again, EVER."
"A total nightmare to deal with."
Cmarston1@icloud.com
Unverified Reviewer
"What a joke this company is . I would rather pay triple the price than every insure with this company again . One word SHAMBLES !!!!"
Craig Marston
Unverified Reviewer
"What a joke this company are , had a policy with them in 2012 which I had nothing but problems with , I left as soon as it expired and went else were. 5 years later they have sent me a letter out of the blue saying that they had made a mistake and that I owe them £145 . They are just conning people . Do your self a favour stay clear of this joke company"
Katherine Ford
Unverified Reviewer
"Gave proof of my NCD and that wasn't good enough so they asked who was my previous insurers and I said "you". I had an email stating my policy was cancelled and my vehicle was no longer insured BUT before they sent the email they took money from my bank. Complete scum it's been so stressful I would NEVER use this company ever!!! Let this be a warning to the unsuspected customers that are thinking of insuring with this greedy, unhelpful company."
"Seriously doesn't even deserve one star, biggest scamming company. Stay away. I was with octagon for a few years no trouble easy to deal with then somehow on the renewal this scamming company had taken over, they had requested more information which was sent before the deadline yet they cancelled my policy anyway with a HUGE cost to me, would not accept that it was their mistake even though the emails proved otherwise. Very stressful and unhelpful, within my first month of renewal almost a £1000 paid out, absolutely disgusting, have taken it to the insurance ombudsman."
"DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. THEY ARE USELESS AND MONEY GRABBING. CHANGED MY CAR WANTED TO SWAP THE POLICY FROM ONE CAR TO ANOTHER. SMALLER CHEAPER CAR AND THEY SAID THEY COULD NO LONGER INSURE ME ON THE CURRENT POLICY. TRIED TO SELL ME A MUCH MORE EXPENSIVE POLICY AND KEEP £75 CANCELLATION FEE WHEN ITS THEM CANCELLING IT NOT ME. DO NOT USE THEM EVER!!! STEER CLEAR"
"If only I could do a minus for the amount of stars! Awful customer service, then demanded an extra £110 on top of the original quote, or £100 to cancel the insurance. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!! WORST INSURANCE COMPANY I HAVE EVER DEALT WITH!!!"
"I would advice everyone that DO NOT buy this company's car insurance. They are absolutely a Scammer. They are a broker and they are not insurer of your car. It looks that when accident happens, they then try to find out who it's the opposite side insurance company, your claim then will refer to the same insurance company. Then the insurance company will find the cheapest options to sort you out. You will find that you can't get a hire car or the process was extremely slow as they don't have pressures from other insurance company. The service was ridiculously poor. They don't deal with your complaints and always find a reason to push you back. I had enough. Will never use this company's service."
"very happy with overall service"
"I asked to taken off the continued renewal list they refused! All other companies do this on asking!! will not use again"
Onequote Direct is rated 2.96 based on 73 reviews