Onequote Direct Reviews

44% of reviewers recommend Onequote Direct
11AM
11AM

Popular Questions:

How can I contact Onequote Direct?

Tell us how Onequote Direct made you happy

Telephone
"Complete cowboys. They will stall setting up your account for any reason. they will ask for more documentation than any other company. If you don't provide one immediately, they will try and cancel your policy. they will cancel your policy without warning, depsite the finance company they use advising otherwise. They also tried to setup a recurring card payment AFTER my policy was cancelled, for the same amount as the regular Direct Debit. It was only after I noticed what they were doing that I realised I'd used them several years ago, and they'd tried a similar tactic then. It seems they're in the habit of cancelling policies extremely easily, and retaining the deposit. AVOID!"
Are you Onequote Direct? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"Disgusting company that rips people off!! Do not use this company unless you want to be ripped off then ignored. Tried ringing to speak to them, on hold for over an hour and still no answer. This company is a disgrace and have been reported to the independent watchdog for fraud."
"The worst insurance ever Always problem when you contact them with simple thinks. Very bad experience on the phone about 25 minute and then they cancelled my policy because, change the address costs me a £58 Customer service v bad not v helpful and not cheap"
"Beware of higher than normal cancellation charges (ask about them when you get your quote, and your cover might not be that cheap)."
"Terrible company and even worse customer service! Just rip off merchants, never had such a bad experience with insurance!"
"Shocking customer service and an insurance company that I had to spend hours on the phone(at my expense) with just to sort out their mess. Then to top it off they told the finance company that I was deceased!!"
"Got insurance for a car i was buying but sale didnt go through. Was still charged for cover even though i never bought car. On top of this they fleeced me of other small amounts like for example day on cover for a car i dont own. So many rip off companys about now and biggest laugh is they are all registered with the Fca."
"I was very disappointed with the service. I got my insurance online which was quite expensive anyway because they said my car is expensive. I gave all details online including 2 claims I had 4 years ago. next day they called me and asked me for £300 more because of these claims. I was furious and asked them to cancel my policy. They deducted around £50 before giving me refund which I still haven't received. Staff were rude and were not listening. I will never recommend their service to anyone as they have hidden charges."
"No issuses friendly service"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 11 months ago
"I've lost almost £200 in a month I've never met an insurance company like this they cancelled my policy and took a cancellation fee as well. Please take my word for it and stay well clear of this insurance company"
"Absolute shower of idiots. Took two payments. the dayafter, they cancelled my policy. Then said they would not accept ncb from Ireland. Good luck getting my money back. Disgusted!"
"this is the worst I have come in30 years of motoring 4 hour on phone at least 20 email to send them driving licence they tell you they don't get it so you have to phone back in cost me 40 pond for phone calls i got address wrong they charged me 70 pond for changing it i canceld policey and went some ware else they told new insurer thay canceld policy i had to pay 2 hundred pond more because ihad insurance canceld just a joke they don't give a monkey"
"I have used a number of insurers over 40 years and moved to this company as their renewal price was the best. When I changed my car they could not insure it with the same company even though it was the same make and model. They found another company which was twice the price. I left and had to suffer cancellation charges through no fault of mine. Worst customer experience ever and still no explanation as to why the refusal to insure the car with existing company but could find another at higher cost."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 year ago
"Entirely non professional customer advisors. The woman name Ann who seemed head of customer service was very rude and start shouting while speaking over the phone. They are coned never ever recommend them"
"This company charge to much for cancellations and will not refund any extra's they sell you, even if you have never used them and have months left on the those extra's when you cancel the policy. If you go through them to get insurance I would advice never get the extra's through them, go direct to breakdown or legal companies for these services."
"Do not use one quote direct A notification of house move has incurred either an adjusted premium of an additional £130 or a £75 cancellation fee. When asked if they could reduce any of the administration fees they only took off £10. This is after paying for the premium in full back in May. They keep their premiums low by excessively exploiting minimal adjustments to the premiums . I will not be renewing or recommending one quote direct."
"I am very impressed by one quote direct. Providing my cover was easy and clearly explained, then processed without any problem at all. I have had reason to call the helpline on a couple of occasions and was dealt with efficiently and with complete satisfaction by the service provided"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 year ago
"policy was up for renewal i informed them way before the date that i wasn't going to stay with them and they still went and took money out of my account that wasn't theirs. Then offer £25 as compensation when they have messed me up with my direct debits! useless company. DO not touch this company! I rather pay extra on car insurance then to deal with theses!"
"This is the worst Insurance company I have ever used. £30 to change your address. this took 30 seconds. My other cars took 1 minute on line and no charge. £50 to cancel if I chose that option. Could not use the card I paid for policy with as it was not my card. Didn't seem to matter when I originally paid. Took 3 attempts to get through due to long waits."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 year ago
"AVOID THIS COMPANY. THEY ARE A COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY. THEY OFFER YOU INSURANCE AND 7 DAYS LATER ADVISE THEY CAN NOT KEEP TO THE AGREEMENT THEY HAVE MADE AND CHARGE YOU £25 FOR THE PLEASURE. THEY TAKE THE INITIAL PAYMENT FROM YOU IMMEDIATELY BUT THEN ADVISE THEY CANNOT CONTINUE WITH THE AGREEMENT AND IT WILL TAKE 5 DAYS TO BE REFUNDED. IT REMAINS TO BE SEEN WHETHER I WILL ACTUALLY GET A REFUND AND AM NOT HOSPEFUL. ALL I CAN SAY IS THEY GIVE BROKERS A BAD NAME. GO DIRECT TO AN INSURANCE COMPANY IF YOU DON'T WANT TO WASTE TIME OR MONEY!!!!"
Onequote Direct is rated 2.70 based on 87 reviews