NCI Reviews

33% of reviewers recommend NCI

How would you rate NCI?

We need a working email address to verify that your review is genuine.

21 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about NCI in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
"Car insurance taken out 24.12.17, company want to cancel contract today and charge me over £100 and keep deposit I have paid"
"I can’t complain is the bests one!"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 months ago
"Awful service. Have been asked question after question about my policy and supplied information for this and now because of NCI not informing myself of specific requirements my policy is now increased by £79 plus a crazy £40 admin fee. Will not be renewing! Not exaggerating honestly pay a little more to another insurer and avoid this like the plague"
"Avoid avoid avoid Scammers and after your money!!!!! Whatever you do avoid this company."
"Do not use this awful company!!! After two weeks of having the policy they irreversibly cancelled. I asked why and asked if they could simply increase my policy if there's a reason problem. The company refused although I had actually sent my licence details to them. This was due to a EXPIRED speeding ticket. My policy has been running two weeks and I paid an annual fee £709 they have said they would refund £400 meaning in just two weeks they think its cost £309?!!!!! I asked if I paid monthly how would they have resolved this and they refused to answer. I've now paid £1600 in insurance. I'm totally upset and I've asked to speak with a manager and their response 'we don't have one' laughable avoid at all costs."
"Terrible company my wife cancelled her policy after 3 months and they demanded rest of policy money and £80 admin costs avoid this company at least Dick Turpin wore a mask"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 3 months ago
"Responsive"
"Horrendous customer service! They cancelled my policy on the 14th day (obviously knowing they could then take a cancellation fee) I paid the year upfront to save money and after just 14 days they took £200 in fees out of my money! I was pushed from person to person all day and out of the 6 different people I spoke to only 1 was nice, the rest were vile, rude and unhelpful! Avoid avoid avoid this company is the worse I've EVER dealt with :@"
"Excellent company"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 6 months ago
John Roullier
Verified Reviewer
"My partner took out a car insurance policy last night, but subsequently realised she was insured as a named driver on my insurance. She paid an initial payment of over £90 at the point of taking the policy out. The policy documents state that there is a Cooling Off Period of 14 days, and that a charge of "£25 or more" can be applied. She received a refund of £9, 12 hours after taking the policy out. Unhappy with that, I called them myself and spoke to a member of their "customer service" team. I explained the situation again, and that I was very disappointed with the offer of a £9 refund. I was met with a wall of legal terms and conditions and told that my complaint wouldn't go anywhere. Frankly disgusting lack of customer care, I will never use this company for anything again."
"Avoid this company. Unfortunately I missed the part in the documents where it asked for a license check code. I sent all my documents by email thinking everything was in hand, even had a reply by email saying thanks for the documents(you would think at this point a professional outfit would notice no check code and mention it in the email reply). I received a generic letter requesting all my documents the day after sending the email but I assumed the email I sent was being processed and the letter was probably sent before that. Next thing I have a letter saying my policy will be irreversibly cancelled and £75 cancellation cost. No email or phone call or voicemail message requesting check code. So you can only assume this is a money making scam. I have no issue whatsoever giving a license check code just missed it in the letter, busy lifestyle etc. Lesson learnt, pay a bit more with a reputable company. Don't cut corners with a faceless, heartless and greedy little outfit!"
"Very disappointed with the company, Felt being cheated. Sold my car last week 30jan and cancelled my insurance same day. Instead of having a refund for unexpired period was asked to pay 32.22 pounds instead. Got a letter today asking for payment and warning of legal action. Very upset with the company and will not recommend them to any one"
Jhamansigh
Verified Buyer
"easy to search"
Peter Gunning
Verified Reviewer
"NCI's aim is to provide competitive quotes through comparison sites and then hit you with whopping extra costs. For the first time I had to provide licence check codes from DVLA and copies of actual licences, this allows them to check you driving record, which is reasonable you may think. However, what they are looking for is any minor discrepancy in your 'compare the market' data and then come the extra's. I didn't know about a speeding fine my wife had incurred last year (SP30, 3 points) and they wanted £150 extra on top of a £400 premium. About £85 more than when priced competitively. To cancel the policy after 34 days I was offered £245! A derisory amount as they charge £75 plus the £50 commission they originally made on your policy! I was very keen to take my business elsewhere but ended up paying £81 odd to remove my wife from the policy. Customer service was pretty good but the hassle and costs 'post quote' will mean I never insure with this company again."
"Ridiculous amount of admin fees taken at any opportunity. Having finished paying for my 12 months insurance, couldn't believe their nerve asking for £75 because I had sold my car. I would suggest you avoid using this broker."
Elizabeth Smith
Verified Reviewer
"Only just taken my policy out with NCI so cant comment on claims but so far they have been excellent. Cheapest price by almost 50%, very friendly and relaxed call."
"So I took out the insurance and paid £184 initial payment followed by £63 in monthly installments. I told NCI I had 6 years No Claim Bonus for which they asked to send proof. I had 6 years NCB in 2011 (which I proved) but since than I have been driving a company car and have been on the fleet insurance. They refused to accept it as it was over years old and cancelled the insurance 6 weeks into the policy without giving me alternative option and now refused to pay me back. So for 6 weeks, I have paid £184+£63+63 = £310 and on top all the stress it has caused. Customer service is so poor that I just don't want to speak to them again. I DO NOT RECOMMEND!"
"I also purchased a parts and labour warranty via my RescueMyCar policy which has been called upon for a clutch and flywheel. The staff have been very professional and helpful. I usually leave very critical reviews, however on this occasion I'm forced to be positive. I would happily renew my policy, even if it's not the cheapest, and that is a first for me. Thanks for a great service RescueMyCar, and please be nice with my renewal quote."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 years ago
"Could not find caravan on your website and its only 3 years old"
"quick simply and easy."