MORE TH>N Reviews

80% of reviewers recommend MORE TH>N

How would you rate MORE TH>N ?

"Avoid - first year with them was ok - until i had an accident, they where unhelpful rude and didnt listen to what happened / the facts to then putting the me as at fault on the claim, now on my 2nd year gave them a second chance - was happy with renewal price, until now saved my money to pay a small chunk off to make my monthly payments smaller and she said no i cannot do this either pay in full or stick to monthly set price...i asked why did not recieved a valid reasonably answer and she was very rude. now being told i will charged if i go somewhere else as i have left it to late to change. RUDE UNHELPFUL ONLY CARE ABOUT THE MONEY."
Malcolm Preston
Verified Reviewer
"Speed score so wrong my son has stayed unde the speed limit all day everyday since the box was fitted and gets -4 on the app seriously wrong somehow"
"To be fair I wish i would have read… To be fair I wish i would have read some of these reviews before I purchased this insurance for my daughter Be aware you can only use your car 7 times in a 24hrs period or you lose most of your scores, there isn’t a curfew but use your car after 11pm and you lose all your score. 49 journeys a week would be more fair instead of the 7 journeys per 24hrs I use my car to go to college I come home at dinner and back again so the leaves me 3 journeys for that day so the next day I go over my 7 and yes lose my score Smoothness 10 Speed 10 Because of usage wipes out SO SO unfair"
"Only problems I have had with the box itself is that I don't believe that the algorithm for the average score is correct and I would like to see the algorithm as I believe it is biased towards giving you a low score for positive driving. I also had to pay £330 for 1000 miles top up. That works out at 33p a mile, I understand there would be a charge for top up miles but that is just extortionate, especially considering this is for 'YOUNG' drivers."
"I have my car insured with More Than and was told that if i wasn't sure on the annual mileage it wasn't a problem as i could top my mileage up anytime, however on needing an extra 1500 miles i was asked to pay over £600 extra. I cancelled the policy and went with Hastings Direct who are a much better company who do not try to rip people off."
"Black box doesn't work, almost impossible to contact, don't reply to your emails, scoring something is awful and sometimes feels at complete random, tried the Live chat to ask a question about the scoring whilst the car was having an MOT. and got snide reply ; the list goes on. I wouldn't even give them a star. Stay away from this company, they have no plans on changing and will continue to scam students and the elderly. I can just image the CEO's twiddling their moustaches and laughing menacingly at more misled customers purchase their insurance."
"Cannot praise the staff enough. Is currently dealing swiftly with a claim on our home emergency cover, even though what we thought was a small water leak in the toilet turned out to be a bit more complicated. All staff have so far been professional and courteous. The help and advice has been delivered in a prompt and seamless manner, which has eased the stress on my daughter who is dealing with it all and some of the more unpleasant ‘disinfecting’ tasks. Hopefully this excellent service will continue to the resolution of the problem, I feel confident it will."
"Tried to call you today but you were having system upgrades ,what company has system upgrade during business hours ,also had some fraudulent activity on my account after taking out insurance with you . Also my renewal quote is £200 more than others. Now I know why your called More than ."
"Beware of the smart wheels policy. False readings from the black box accusing of speeds which are not achievable from the vehicle. Notice of cancellation of insurance which you are unable to challenge with the 'customer services'. Eventually sorted by their complaints department but not soon enough. Stress of having a notice of cancellation looming overhead along with trying to find an insurance company willing to take you on so you can stay legal on actually drive to work coupled with the financial strain of having to find the money to purchase new insurance prior to any refund of fund they classed as due! Please do not be tempted by their low price as it will cost you dearly in the long run. Check out other reviews on trustpilot 83% warn against this company, wish I had checked before buying."
"Charge you through the roof for 100 extra miles, near to £600!"
"STAY AWAY AND GO TO A REPUTABLE COMPANY. My son breached the speed limit twice in 5 months and has had his policy cancelled. This is despite me contacting them on several occasions to note that he was completing concurrent journeys, which is impossible, so they removed the additional journeys as the black box was inaccurate. The black box fitter also damaged the electrics in the car and I have yet to get a refund on the garage cost. More Than told me "not down to us, contact the black box fitting company". I explained they introduced them as a third party they had liability. They don't care. Big company who just disrespect every hard working person who gives them massive amounts of money for insurance. They are now "investigating" the black box. I have since cancelled the insurance and gone elsewhere and funny enough they don't want the black box back! Shameful how they took my boy's hard earned money."
"they charge per mile for your insurance and what seems like a good deal initially (£1400 a year) ended up costing £2600 for a years insurance based on 11000 miles. black box is very random and the customer service is unhelpful and rude. i feel that the whole smart wheels system has been set up to extort money from new drivers."
"I have my house insurance with them. They, unsurprisingly, have been reminding me that they would give me a good car insurance deal. So, when it became due, I rang them, went through about half an hour's worth of information-giving and then their system refused me because I live in south-east London! That must be a million or two people who can't get insurance with More Than. What bunch of idiots came up with such a blanket ban with no recognition of the huge differences between areas? Why isn't the ban flagged up for their customer services staff so that customers don't have their time wasted? And, why, given my SE postcode, was I bombarded with sales material when it is impossible for me to get the insurance? It is easy to sum up this experience: corporate contempt for ordinary people."
"Had to have a bump in my car removed wanted to go through a garage and not claim on my insurance. They refused to let me put the courtesy car on my insurance even though I’ve never claimed and spend over £500 plus a year on insurance now I will have no car for 3 days and how will I work especially as I do sales, customer service didn’t seem to care and said tough luck going to cancel car insurance, household insurance and pet insurance now, More Than if your going to play with the big bois then make sure your products are any good. Please everyone stay away from this company"
"Terrible service, never again. Valued existing customer all I wanted to do was swap over policy and get a quote. All 'morethan' wanted to do was charge me for this and that and refused to give me quote unless I paid a fee???"
Alex Carrick
Verified Reviewer
"I was charged 100% over the going rate for car insurance despite 20 years of loyal custom"
"A good price and easily done"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 years ago
"great service x"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 years ago
"everything went ok. whether or if i make a claim we shall see"
(Home Insurance) - Posted 2 years ago
"When I phoned More Than the girl on the phone was very helpful and courteous and explained the whole policy to me."
(Pet Insurance) - Posted 2 years ago