Masterquote.co.uk Reviews

16% of reviewers recommend Masterquote.co.uk

Tell us how Masterquote.co.uk made you happy

"what a joke of a company these are, i took an insurance policy out and they asked how many years since i passed my test.. it was 7 years and 11 months.. i passed on the 1st april 2011 but they said i put the 28th feb 2011. I did not put this, i just put that it had been 8 years since i passed as it was the closest to the options they gave me, either 7 years or 8 years. (it was only 30 days off 8 years) they email me asking me for my license pictures and then send an email saying my insurance has now gone up by £155 and a further £30 fee because the info i gave was wrong. i did nt put the 28th feb, they dad as this was the day i took out the policy. This is wrong and i am now in a position where if i cancel i will get charged the £70 fee or if i stay i will get charged a further £155. Avoid these scam artists, they need locking up and if im ever in Gibraltar ill happily wait outside their offices and confront these scum bags in person."
"Got renewed quote 20 increase rang and took off 40 pounds happy with the too full quote from my account said cannot give me 40 back have cancelled first lady said 3 to 5 working days 2nd lady said 28 days to get my money refunded now I have to pay more money out for more insurance appalling do not go with these people rip off"
"Awful company, don't use them."
"Absoloute nightmare, they just keeping uping the cost of home insurance each year, I called to say i cant get into the portal to cancel (believe me I tried & went round in circles) & ive taken insurance everywhere. Apparently it's my own fault that ive not reported the portal before now... Like previous reviewers I've also been threatened with debt collectors if i dont pay my cancellation fee. As i didnt sign & email back my signature for the policy to continue for yet another year i don't think im in the wrong or am I?"
"I received great service from this company and would highly recommend!"
"Terrible experience- I was charged £900 (on an original policy of £300) for not providing no claims discount in time!! Unbelievable! AVOID."
"Overall excellent experience"
"competitive price, knowledgeable staff overall excellent experience"
"Had 3 months left on ins for clio, and tooks a chrisler ypsilon off their system after 2 days, i had to pay £115 f.... fees to close both policies. Guy on the phone did give a s..t and was abrupt. STAY AWAY UTTER DAY-LIGHT ROBERRY.."
"Worse Insurance Brokers I have ever dealt with in my 63 years. Just been threatened with sending a debt collection agency in for the payment of £75 for the cancellation of my Contents Insurance policy which only cost £63.51 in the first place and had less than 6 months to run. All the correspondence had been sent to my previous address for which I cancelled the policy. There was less than 21 days between my cancellation request and their aggressive letter threatening the debt collection agency action."
"THIS IS the worst company with which I had to deal !! They have already deceived me at the very beginning of the contract ! They are notoriously changing the customer's data, thus forcing them to pay a penalty for incorrect entry of data, for example the date of birth, the date of obtaining a driving license. They only record conversations that are beneficial for them. if you sell a car You must expect to pay £ 70 cancellation fee !! Be careful and avoid this company !!"
"Terrible service and communication. Hours spent trying to sort the most basic of problems out. Avoid... You have been warned!"
"Do not touch with a barge pole!!!! Untrained staff, horrific communication... Save yourself the heart ache and frustration... Steer clear..."
"Absolute crooks! Filled out all of my details through one of the price comparison sites, got a very favorable quote from Masterquote which I duly signed up for. Over the Christmas break they emailed me requesting proof of no claims, I was not checking my email during this period but once back in the office I sent them my no claims proof immediately but was still told my premium would be bumped up by £400 pounds!! Whilst posting my no claims on their website I noticed they had not recorded my telephone number. I amended these details and was then told I would be charged £30 for the privilege. A few days later I received a letter of cancellation as they were claiming I had not declared all of my recent claims, which I categorically disputed, only a fool would not declare these as they obviously visible to them. After being offered the option to continue cover at a once again greatly inflated premium I told them to carry on with the cancellation and moved my policy to another company with not issues what so ever. Over the weekend I received a letter of confirmation of settlement, including a £75 charge for early cancellation, more thievery. The letter stated that I had 14 days from receipt to pay and yet on the following Tuesday I was being chased for payment."
"Quite simply avoid at all costs, its as simple as that. Dreadful customer service, ignorant staff and a very unfair cancellation fee. If you pay another insurer 10 times what MQ can insure you for its still a bargain. JUST DON'T USE THEM"
"The worst car insurance experience i have ever had. To keep it a brief as possible, when i cancelled my policy i caught them in a lie regarding someone else not being able to get insured on the vehicle as i hadn't cancelled it yet. They denied they had said this, I requested the call recording to be sent to me and shock horror, the part of the call where they said this apparently had a software malfunction!! I would strongly recommend you do not use Masterquote."
"I had to claim a car accident with them. And the excuses they brought up to not to pay my cover were phenomenal. I had to fight for the smallest things like my courtesy car cover etc. Although finally they have paid, it was a painful experience. The customer service, if you can get through to them on the phone you are as lucky as a lottery winner. Their company is registered in Gibralter where you don't need to have much funds to become an insurance provider. That gives a good reason for their incompetance. I 've left them even before my end of term by paying the extra!!! stay away guys."
"I've had a horrible experience with them as well . I needed to claim on my family legal protection policy . They informed me I didn't take it out . In the end I gave up on the claim and paid up , even though I was in the right . A day later I'm phoned up by them informing me they have re installed the family legal protection at no cost to me . To little to late . I am seriously considering weather to cancel my home insurance with them as it's within the 14 period that you can do this ."
""This company are totally useless!!! Inefficient, inexperienced. The right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing!!!! STEER CLEAR!!!! Avoid the heartache, frustration and time wasting!!! You will never get through on the phone, and this company needs to sort itself out! I cannot stress how useless this company is. Read the reviews!!!!!!!!! DO NOT TOUCH WITH A BARGEPOLE"
"Well, first they got my details wrong and had to reissue the policy after 3 phone calls and 45+ minute waits each call. No one seems to have a note system to see what's been said in previous calls. Then 5 months later I got a new car ... that was hassle to update the details. Then my policy was due for renewal and I had an email stating the documents was in my online portal. Guess what, they wasn't. I emailed them with no reply, So I make ANOTHER call to them with a 30 min wait. THEN they quote £350 for a renewal on my previous policy price. I said no and to cancel the auto renew but specified I need my proof of NCD. They said it's in my portal with my renewal quote (the same quote I never bloody received!) so I asked for it to me emailed to me. Got told sure, no problem. Guess what???? I wasn't emailed!!! I have emailed them again for my NCD but have not had a response in 7 working days. They are absolutely useless and I'm sure they have labels on the phone and their computer mouse so they do not get them confused. But I bet they still do. Idiots. Will NEVER use again."
Masterquote.co.uk is rated 1.68 based on 31 reviews