Lancaster Insurance Reviews

9PM
9PM

Tell us how Lancaster Insurance made you happy

Over a week
"No way of contacting this rouge company. Been trying for 2 days every hour to speak to someone. They give option to request a call back as soon as a call handler is free, no one ever calls though. No refund for remaining 8 months of policy, funny how cancellation fees come to exactly what you should be due back. Crooks and low life scammers, never again, you’ve been warned"
Are you Lancaster Insurance? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Get Access
"I sold my car with 6 months of tax and insurance still to run. Prompt refund of 6 months' tax from DVLA. However, Lancaster said I was owed no refund. Complained and they refunded £26 as 'goodwill' gesture. The actual insurer AGEAS refused to refund their part of the premium. For some reason, 70% of premium goes on first 6 months. So, as conciliatory gesture, I asked for refund of the 30% balance and still they refused. So have referred matter to Ombudsman."
"dozens of calls pestering me to renew 4 times told them I had done so all ready, still they went on, they do not answer the customer service phone or e-mails unless u ring the number for renewals then strangely they are not too busy."
"The initial quote was very good and I was happy with the price but after only having the insurance for just under 2 months I sold the car and cancelled my insurance it cost me a whole year's premium for two months therefore I wouldn't recommend this company."
"Absolute rip off - I feel mugged!!! I was forced to pay the full years insurance up front as I wanted to cancel the policy. I ended up paying a full years price when I only used it for 4 months cover. I would not recommend Lancaster Insurance for this reason, there are many competitors which only charge a cancellation fee."
"Was always impressed but recently have found always on hold and wrong information sent out to me. Am now seriously considering going elsewhere."
"On renewal forgot to mention an accident my wife had earlier in the year in another car (hit a deer so technically driver at fault!!??) Got a semi illiterate snotty letter from Lancaster demanding to know the details and why I had not told them but also "fining" me £30 (they call it an admin fee) for the mistake. I challenged them on this but they initially refused to waive the £30 so I complained and cancelled the insurance. Complaint was upheld and I did not pay the £30 and have now moved to Hagerty International where you get treated with respect although it is more expensive. Lancaster are cheap (in every sense) but will hit you with "admin" fees that are excessive."
"Sold the car after 7 months they want to Charge me 59.97 it would have been better to leave the policy in place just a rip off. Will not use again"
"Their communication and explaining to you the policy when you start is the worst I've ever known. I was charged £80 for ending contract early. When everything was done correctly I asked them why I was not told this when the policy started I was then told I was when I deafly wasn't. That I was bombarded with threatening letters over the £80. This is the trouble with big companies they can do what they want. Make the rules to suit them. This closing free should've been explained in the very beginning clearly before policy was taken on and asked if I understood. As all this was done over Internet I can't see how you told me and Adam are do you tell me there was a tendency. And what costs £80 to cancel a document what a load of rip-off. And when there is money involved the service becomes very poor then and threatening as it was to me and my wife with debt letters in debt people calling. Personally I still wonder paid £80 today had a principle but my wife was absolutely fed up of people and threatening letters. And no I do not live in Newport so can't even get that right on on your page I live in Chepstow."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 4 years ago