Lancaster Insurance Insights

Lancaster Insurance have a Customer Happiness Grade of B-. Customers love their prices and are happy with their customer service and refunds.

B-
Happiness Grade
Are you a business owner? See Business Solutions
A-

Price - Excellent

85.00%
Industry Average
" Renewal made easy and at a competitive price, via a polite and efficient phone call. "
- J M Parker
" The agent Tom Eldering was most helpful, he took the time to explore all options for me, he negotiated almost £100 discount, the policy found for me was half the price of other insurers I had spoken to plus gave better cover. Very impressed thank you Tom "
- Kim Williams
" Looks like ALL of the poor reviews are from people wanting to cancel a policy. They need to understand that insurance is an annual contract so don't be surprised if you get charged a fee to cancel. My experience with Lancaster has been great. They came up with a really good price and the service was excellent. "
- Samantha
Write your review on Lancaster Insurance
C

Refunds - Average

63.64%
Industry Average
" I found them fairly straightforward. Yes, I cancelled a policy 6 weeks in and got no refund, but as the total paid was £94 for a year (classic policy) I wasn't expecting much. Most of the £94 will have gone into handling cost and commission - I think they quoted minimum £70 cost from the insurer and their own cancellation fee which exceeded what was left over, the excess being "waived". "
- John M
" To those who have cancelled and received no return premium, contact the actual insurers [Lancaster are only the brokers] and ask how much the refund due is. "
- Ex Broker
" I had this claim open for 6 weeks then I cancelled it because I didn't own the car anymore , I was supposed to get a refund of 75% of the money payd at the start , I still to this day have not received my money . Not happy "
- Austin
C

Customer Service - Average

63.89%
Industry Average
" Absolutely amazing company, they beat all my quotes for my classic car. Really helpful with the sales side of the company. Takes a while to get through to them on the phone. Dani at customer services is brilliant, she helped me with all my questions and was really nice person to just generally chat with. Highly recommend. "
- Joseph Fairey
- Samantha
" Superb service, and great prices "
- John Lannigan