John Lewis Insurance Reviews

7PM
7PM

Tell us how John Lewis Insurance made you happy

Telephone
"Similar story to others on this site. Long standing customer of John Lewis Insurance - no claims. High spender in both Waitrose and JL stores and on line. Originally moved to JL for reasons of trust and customer service. This year they have lost our car insurance and now property insurance. The reasons for the price increases - 20% in our case for property just do not stack up. I was immediately offered two options by a very polite customer service rep - a £30 JL voucher or the option to reduce my premiums by putting up the excess. Apparently their business model needs to work and it only does by charging these prices - look at it again then! I've spent quite a lot of time researching this afternoon and find comparable cover (disregarding new customer discounts) elsewhere for approximately 45% of JL charge. As I've never made a claim, I have no experience of different companies customer service but I'm not prepared to spend that much more on the remote chance that I might need to find out. Very disappointing - never, knowingly undersold? Really? That might be more difficult to apply to financial products, I accept, but surely JL should be in the same ball park as others."
Are you John Lewis Insurance? No one is perfect. Reply to this negative review and show your potential customers that you value the feedback John Lewis Insurance receives and that when things do go wrong you do your best to put things right. Reply Free
"Quite disappointed that loyalty these days doesn't count. Even though I have been insuring my contents through JL for 5 years now, my content insurance increased by 40% this year. We've never made a claim in our 5 years with them and are in the same property with the same list of contents. Will definitely be looking at quotes elsewhere when it gets closer to the renewal date."
"Despite never having made a claim in 6 years, my premium has gone up by over £100 this year. The reason? More people are claiming for escape of water!!!! I have heard all the excuses now. There is NO incentive to be loyal to an insurance company. I had thought John Lewis would have been better but no. I am wrong."
"For some unknown reason my insurance premium has jumped from the already expensive £296, (Its £150-£200 elsewhere, its only a small semi-detached) to £348, I've made no claims and my circumstances have not changed. I originally chose JL for their customer service and the fact they don't require inane levels of detail about what you need to be covered, does it really matter what type of lock you have on an upstairs window? I also assumed for the extra money, if the worst should happen and my house burned down after being struck by lighting or some such, I'd avoid all the horror stories you hear of being refused a claim due to not having declared you have a cat or something completely unrelated. I just cannot justify spending more and they are completely unwilling to budge without putting my excess up hundreds of pounds, the customer service rep was very polite and apologetic but simply blank refused to reduce my quote, saying to ring back later closer to my renewal no doubt hoping I'll just forget and auto-renew"
"Am at the start of a claim following a robbery. was asked to provide a list of item stolen, and receipts and photographs. Spent considerable time going through documents and getting the evidence, only for RSA not sharing this with the loss adjusters, and having to go through all the information again. the current proposed settlement is missing items from the original list sent through, currently waiting for JL to advise why?"
"I moved my home and contents insurance to John Lewis in November 2016. Last year's premium was increased by 12%. In spite of a clean claims record, this year's renewal premium shows a further hike of exactly 25%. Disgraceful! What have you got say about this John Lewis? (Ive moved on of course...)"
"Like so many others on here, premium on renewal is up more than 25% with no willingness to budge (I've not claimed, thankfully, in the three years they've insured us) I could do without the hassle of changing but the increase is over £200 (I live in London so the cover was already expensive) so will have to. Avoid."
"29% increase in the premium this year.how can J L justify the increase. Are we paying for the 99% loss profit,not me I’am looking for a company who looks after loyal customers. How do J L expect pensioners to pay an extra £60 this year"
"More than 20% hike on house insurance in one year! No explanation (at least not one that made any sense.) This despite my having improved security at the house with new locks. Next year will make sure I leave enough time to shop around. And when a simple question was asked re definition of one of the terms, again explanation not clear..... Simply not good enough"
"Have already spent 20 minutes on phone trying to get help. The slowest emergency service ever!"
"My premium has increased by 16% this year, even though CPI is only 2.3% and RPI 3.2%. This is how JL rewards its loyal customers? They are no better than other companies that try this con trick. Don't buy their insurance!"
"Ha wouldn’t touch them with a barge poll!! There accredited tradesman flooded my home with sewage Boxing Day we still arnt home we’ve been in alternative accommodation ... the damage the company has caused has gone against me even though it was proved it was there accredited tradesman and all I got aoffered was £250... an insult ! They flooded it again .. we lost possessions that cannot be replaced ... I was sick of staying in the local premier inn so found a 2 bed house to rent to start off with and we stayed there ever since .. 5 of us has been a bit much and not once did they offer a like for like living arrangement ... we have a 5 bed.. And they have tripled the price of my policy ! Do not use !!!! Never ever in 16 years of having insurance have ever dealt with the idiots i have dealt with ! It’s like They Employ people that know nothing about what they are doing !"
"Over 23% increase in home insurance although no claims since 2009. No negotiation on price"
"Tried to get away with an inflation busting increase renewal price of over 25% from the previous year, despite a claim never being made. Tried to justify it by saying they now take the number of bathrooms into account (which hasn't changed, it's still one). Not willing to negotiate on the price despite cheaper quotes for comparable coverage and that's how you lose business. Can't recommend, the price is simply not competitive any more."
"Don’t ever buy pet insurance from John Lewis. Initial quote seems fine but example yearly increases: 37% if claim free, 67% if you’ve had one very small claim. Goodness knows what the increase would be if a pet wasn’t generally in excellent health."
"Just had renewal through and prices risen by over 22% on last year's premium but I have not claimed anything. Disgusted with that extortionate price hike so will not be renewing. They will have no customers left at this rate. I was already paying an expensive premium supposedly to get good customer service but this is anything but."
"Massive price hikes when no claims have been made."
"The worst insurance company! Pray you don't have to claim anything broken in your household. Unfortunately, my tv was damaged and now they are using bevalued and using every trick in the book to stop my claim from going through. Never mind I have 'new for old' replacement policy, a month in and I still don't have a replacement. They are trying to reduce their liability as much as possible regardless of the fact that I paid them an upfront premium. John Lewis are crooks!"
"Claimed for removal of wasp nest under the Home emergency cover. Was asked (by 3 different people) for location - roof level to the side of a dormer window. Pest control turn up with no ladders - guy that came out was lovely but had no idea what job he was coming to do! He said it happens all the time as the job description has gone through about 4 different people before it gets to him. You can’t speak to John Lewis themselves as everything is contracted out to CET. There you speak to a call centre who employ a contractor to do the work. Guy at my house rings CET to complain that he’s not been given correct information to do the work only to be told he’s not insured to go up a ladder-first he’s heard of it and he’s been with them for years! He then has to go away and await further instructions. Several phone calls later and I am told someone will ring me with another appointment- for 2 people to come out. Why they couldn’t give me onevthere and then, I have no idea. I have chased it up but as yet, still no appointment..... Hardly the ‘high level of service you would expect’ from John Lewis. Policy is due for renewal shortly and I will be going straight back to Aviva who were excellent when we used them previously."
"I like using John Lewis and I am willing to pay (say) 5% over cheaper insurers in order to have confidence but when it came to renewing my home insurance the excess for things like water damage had increased but worse.. the premium increased by 18% over last year for equivalent cover ... that is an obscene increase. I was able to obtain the same cover from Aviva for £148 instead of the £296 quoted by JL. Did you think we wouldnt notice or something? Very annoyed."
John Lewis Insurance is rated 2.28 based on 197 reviews