insurethebox Reviews

20% of reviewers recommend insurethebox

How would you rate insurethebox?

148 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00
Adam

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about insurethebox in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
"To start with the policy was okay, however after around 8 months they claimed my car had done 21 thousand miles on my portal even though my car had covered around 9 thousand miles from new, I know this is correct as I’m the first owner, this also led me to believe that their information about speeding was incorrect as they accused me of driving over the speed limit on multiple occasions, however I was most certainly not speeding as much as they were making out, they also offer no feedback on where or how you need to slow down and “correct” your driving. So after 9 nearly 10 months of having the policy I decided to cancel the policy which they did with no queries, they also told me they didn’t need the black box back, as I’m a manufacturer trained vehicle technician I decided to remove the black box myself, only to find out that they had cut the live feed in the main wiring lume of my then 4 month old vehicle and soldered into the lume, bearing in mind my vehicle has a cambus system which should NOT be soldered into as it can cause problematic issues, so overall their statistics on my driving were incorrect and I would strongly advise you not to let them near your new/nearly new vehicle as they clearly have no idea of how to work with/on modern vehicles."
Tanatswa Shumbanhete
Unverified Reviewer
"Okay let me spill tea... I'm a student in college, and I got this insurance as a first starter insurance, I had 6000 miles on my policy, so when my miles were nearly finished I decided to just cancel my insurance instead of going through all that annoyance, I called them up and guess what they said. These people were like 'okay that comes up to £633 for charge and cancellation' I was like how? They had the guts to be like 'well you were supposed to have 3000 miles left, we're charging you for that'.. like I was shocked, the only option that actually worked for me and my bank account was that I keep insurance for a car I can't FUCKING USE.. Its stupid as hell... like the hell how can u charge me for miles I was 'SUPPOSED' to have left, anyways never use their insurance, it was my first insurance I was gullible, and happy the price was cheap... now I know why."
Reece Cathro
"Always a pleasure never a chore"
"They were quite professional with what they did. Sent me No claim Bonus in 1 day. I haven't had any issues with my driving even so I had reasons to expect them. Great company to start owning car. Would recommend them. 5/5"
Rachel Matthews
Unverified Reviewer
"Disgusting service! Definitely would NOT recommend. paid deposit for a hour later they text me saying ive got 4 days to pay the remainder, no reason just out the blue. I phone to be spoken to poorly and advised to appeal to wait 4 weeks to loose the appeal and then still have to loose 100+ Vile customer service!"
"When you claim against this outfit beware. They will pay out less than what has been agreed. Solicitors now trying to retrieve the shortfall. Obviously couldn't care less that people are left well out of pocket due to the actions of one of their customers. What a dishonest heap and the laws of the land should be protecting people from this kind of garbage. Pity you could give a minus rating."
"Terrible customer service. no sympathy at all"
"They canceled my policy on the day they took the 2nd installment and when i called and told them to refund me they said ok we will , and they ditched me .. they said it will take up to 10 days to go back into my account , a month later ; no refund , no contact , no nothing , they are the worst insurance company , they are straight crooks ! give me back my refund ! NNNEVVER EVER EVEN THINK ABOUT BUYING A POLICY WITH THEM !! #thisisillegal"
"Very good"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 month ago
"Terrible customer service . pay as you go miles are a joke.This is the worst company I,'ve had ever had to deal with."
"This is the worst company I,'ve had ever had to deal with. it's a night may.Cancelled my policy without any notification. Company like this should me illegal.THERE ISNT A WORD OUT THERE THAT COULD COME CLOSE TO HOW DISGUSTED I AM ABOUT THIS COMPANY"
"Claim was rather straight forward however I had many red flags that I would say was for road behaviour necessary at the time and for this to go against you is a joke.."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 months ago
"Insure the box deliberately offer you a low mileage deal on car insurance and then charge you excessive fees to top up your miles. I paid 1100 for 6000 miles i have already paod an extra 780 pounds in added miles and will pay another 600 before my insurance period is up. Pay the insurance companies that are higher in price as these pwople rip off those in lesser situations financially."
"Good"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 months ago
"Great Price for a student"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 months ago
"It was the best option for me as I am a new driver. It keeps me on track and makes my driving easy."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 months ago
"I am currently 9 months into my policy. I really dislike how the box operates. The box tracks your different areas of driving and monitors And judges with 3 different outcomes. These are red, yellow and green. I dislike how the speed is tracked as being 1 mph over the limit on a road is seen as being 30mph over the limit for that road. Also where the box is shown before you buy it as harsh braking and accelerating is marked different to your speed they are put onto speed. As well as this trying to get through to them takes extremely long. I will most likely not be renewing my policy due to these reasons"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 3 months ago
"Setting up was difficult Having the box fitted was quick and easy Received pointless email with regards to a speed in which was within the speed limit so found irrelevant as they clearly did not know the limit on the road Other than that zero communication"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 3 months ago
"Doubled the premium this year because I've taken them to financial ombudsman and won ..be glad to see the back of them . Don't use them , unless you want lots of hassle further down the line"
"Constantly giving m a red score for speeding, even though I have a dash cam that shows no speeding WHATSOEVER! Then sent an email with wording that was extremely threatening, saying they may cancel my insurance. I have been driving for over 30 years and only took this policy so my son could drive my car, which he hardly ever does, so I think I would know if and when I was speeding! This company are sharks - pure and simple - preying on young drivers who think this is the only way to get insurance. Well they can shove it, as far as they can where the sun don't shine!"
insurethebox is rated 1.95 based on 148 reviews