insurethebox Reviews

insurethebox have a Customer Happiness Grade of E. Customers are happy with their prices and customer service but are unhappy with their refunds. Full Insights

21% of reviewers recommend insurethebox

How would you rate insurethebox ?

"Terrible experience"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 month ago
"Not a good company"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 month ago
"Been with them for nearly 10 months now. Im not poor but the top up miles are way expensive your better off not getting a black box insurance. Rang them up to cancel my insurance and they said i owe them £400!. I was not happy at all and its because i bought 6000 miles for the full year and I went slightly over. So i kepy buying more miles which cost around £200 for 1000 miles and they will ripp you off when they get the chance to and all they care is about money and not their customers. Not happy waste of money and time."
"Just awfull, their black box from RS connect drains too much power from your battery, so killed 2 car battery's on mine, i was jump starting it over and over untill finally i am told it's a common problem and now seeing other peoples reviews on the net, I am gobsmacked they are allowed to get away with fobbing me off and saying they are not in any way at fault and their product is not the problem. I am now the one with the extra bills to pay for drain tests and new battery's , cancelling my insurace and going to another reputable company. Dont rely on the reviews on compare the meercat sites as on that it says they are a 5 star company.....NOT"
"Nothing to say, very good."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 months ago
"Worst insurance ever"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 months ago
"Both of my sons have been insured with Insure the box, I would never recommend them to anyone. Although initially, you think you may be saving a little money by having a box think again, the minute you need top up any miles they give you a massive bill that negates entirely any money saved. My eldest son has cancelled his insurance early well before he had actually used up his mileage and they have forced him into paying what they guesstimate he "might " have used as extra in the forthcoming months, he is now contacting the financial ombudsmen over this underhand practice. My advice is do not touch this company with even the very longest of barge poles pay a bit extra initially and at least rest assured that you won't have an insurance company like this one rubbing their hands with glee for every mile your Son / Daughter may additionally require."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 3 months ago
"Very hard to make contact even when asking about a possible claim also you have to self monitor your mileage and keep buying more miles.Recently found was minus 212 miles and no email or contact to warn me.,The site hadn't updated and kept telling me i had 87 miles"
"Easy and simple"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 3 months ago
"Okay let me spill tea... I'm a student in college, and I got this insurance as a first starter insurance, I had 6000 miles on my policy, so when my miles were nearly finished I decided to just cancel my insurance instead of going through all that annoyance, I called them up and guess what they said. These people were like 'okay that comes up to £633 for charge and cancellation' I was like how? They had the guts to be like 'well you were supposed to have 3000 miles left, we're charging you for that'.. like I was shocked, the only option that actually worked for me and my bank account was that I keep insurance for a car I can't FUCKING USE.. Its stupid as hell... like the hell how can u charge me for miles I was 'SUPPOSED' to have left, anyways never use their insurance, it was my first insurance I was gullible, and happy the price was cheap... now I know why."
"Always a pleasure never a chore"
"They were quite professional with what they did. Sent me No claim Bonus in 1 day. I haven't had any issues with my driving even so I had reasons to expect them. Great company to start owning car. Would recommend them. 5/5"
"Disgusting service! Definitely would NOT recommend. paid deposit for a hour later they text me saying ive got 4 days to pay the remainder, no reason just out the blue. I phone to be spoken to poorly and advised to appeal to wait 4 weeks to loose the appeal and then still have to loose 100+ Vile customer service!"
"When you claim against this outfit beware. They will pay out less than what has been agreed. Solicitors now trying to retrieve the shortfall. Obviously couldn't care less that people are left well out of pocket due to the actions of one of their customers. What a dishonest heap and the laws of the land should be protecting people from this kind of garbage. Pity you could give a minus rating."
"Terrible customer service. no sympathy at all"
"They canceled my policy on the day they took the 2nd installment and when i called and told them to refund me they said ok we will , and they ditched me .. they said it will take up to 10 days to go back into my account , a month later ; no refund , no contact , no nothing , they are the worst insurance company , they are straight crooks ! give me back my refund ! NNNEVVER EVER EVEN THINK ABOUT BUYING A POLICY WITH THEM !! #thisisillegal"
"Very good"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 5 months ago
"Terrible customer service . pay as you go miles are a joke.This is the worst company I,'ve had ever had to deal with."
"This is the worst company I,'ve had ever had to deal with. it's a night may.Cancelled my policy without any notification. Company like this should me illegal.THERE ISNT A WORD OUT THERE THAT COULD COME CLOSE TO HOW DISGUSTED I AM ABOUT THIS COMPANY"
"Claim was rather straight forward however I had many red flags that I would say was for road behaviour necessary at the time and for this to go against you is a joke.."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 5 months ago