insurethebox Reviews

20% of reviewers recommend insurethebox

How would you rate insurethebox?

We need a working email address to verify that your review is genuine.

137 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about insurethebox in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
"Claim was rather straight forward however I had many red flags that I would say was for road behaviour necessary at the time and for this to go against you is a joke.."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 days ago
"Insure the box deliberately offer you a low mileage deal on car insurance and then charge you excessive fees to top up your miles. I paid 1100 for 6000 miles i have already paod an extra 780 pounds in added miles and will pay another 600 before my insurance period is up. Pay the insurance companies that are higher in price as these pwople rip off those in lesser situations financially."
"Good"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 week ago
"Great Price for a student"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 weeks ago
"It was the best option for me as I am a new driver. It keeps me on track and makes my driving easy."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 3 weeks ago
"I am currently 9 months into my policy. I really dislike how the box operates. The box tracks your different areas of driving and monitors And judges with 3 different outcomes. These are red, yellow and green. I dislike how the speed is tracked as being 1 mph over the limit on a road is seen as being 30mph over the limit for that road. Also where the box is shown before you buy it as harsh braking and accelerating is marked different to your speed they are put onto speed. As well as this trying to get through to them takes extremely long. I will most likely not be renewing my policy due to these reasons"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 month ago
"Setting up was difficult Having the box fitted was quick and easy Received pointless email with regards to a speed in which was within the speed limit so found irrelevant as they clearly did not know the limit on the road Other than that zero communication"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 month ago
"Doubled the premium this year because I've taken them to financial ombudsman and won ..be glad to see the back of them . Don't use them , unless you want lots of hassle further down the line"
"Constantly giving m a red score for speeding, even though I have a dash cam that shows no speeding WHATSOEVER! Then sent an email with wording that was extremely threatening, saying they may cancel my insurance. I have been driving for over 30 years and only took this policy so my son could drive my car, which he hardly ever does, so I think I would know if and when I was speeding! This company are sharks - pure and simple - preying on young drivers who think this is the only way to get insurance. Well they can shove it, as far as they can where the sun don't shine!"
"I dont agree with the information that is given every mounth with insure the box."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 months ago
"Firstly they don't tell you that if you underestimate your annual mileage, you have to buy more miles from them at an extortionate price, or you are not insured. Secondly, it took me two months to get proof of no claims discount from my old insurers and when I sent it in to Insure the Box, they will only apply the NCD from the date I sent it in. This company is a total con, aimed at vulnerable young people that believe they can make great savings if they get a black box fitted. In truth, you are far better off and it will cost you far less to pay a bit more and go with an insurancy company without a black box."
A Very Dissatisfied Customer
Unverified Reviewer
"When you ring them it takes 1/2 hour at least to speak to someone,my son was in a non fault accident 3 weeks ago (a van ran into the back of him).the car was total loss and offered him £2150,but he didn't realise that there was a £1400 excess which they deducted ,so we asked for the car back which cost him another £320 and left him with next to nothing to purchase another car.so as of now (3 weeks) on we still don't have the vehicle back,not enough money to buy another and told it may take months to get our excess back if at all .they are a bunch of lying robbers,please don't make same mistake we did and insure with another company."
"Constantly receiving red scores for speeding - month after month with threats of cancelling insurance policy within menacing emails. Miles seem to be going without justification. I've driven only 4 thousand miles according to my car, however the portal states that I have driven over 5 thousand miles and that my mileage on the policy will run out soon. (6000 in total at the start of policy) Have read other reviews stating that a non fault claim is a nightmare. Will not be renewing with them."
"Constantly receiving red scores for speeding - month after month with threats of cancelling insurance policy within menacing emails. Miles seem to be going without justification. I've driven only 4 thousand miles according to my car, however the portal states that I have driven over 5 thousand miles and that my mileage on the policy will run out soon. (6000 in total at the start of policy) Have read other reviews stating that a non fault claim is a nightmare."
"Constantly annoy you for further documents and every time they contact you they keep saying their going to cancel the policy, even after driving speed limits I would always be told am speeding and my policy is going to be cancelled. Would never recommend them to anyone"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 3 months ago
"Terrible company. They take your deposit, delay start of insurance then lie about it. Been to court today as was caught driving with no insurance as they didnt correctly sort out policy start date. Luckily for me it was thrown out of court as the way i was treated by ITB was disgusting!!!!!"
"Happy with the box and the customer service, it's just getting hold of them that's the trouble, I had to wait 2 hours over the phone to get through, hung up in the end, and 30 minutes on live chat! Wouldn't use this company again due to not being able to get through to them"
"when I started my policy I paid £1600 for the pleasure of having a black box installed as I assumed it would be nice having someone looking over my shoulder keeping an eye on me BUT NO - I moved house from what I know was a rough area and was shafted for another £473 just for moving to a safer area, "you need to pay this or your policy will expire sir" I was backed into a corner that only had one way out as a first time driver, I will not recommend them to my friends or family as I feel that I was shafted"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 4 months ago
"Disgusting service, very bad and inaccurate knowledge."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 4 months ago
"Don't really here off them"
insurethebox is rated 1.93 based on 137 reviews