Hughes Insurance Reviews

27% of reviewers recommend Hughes Insurance

Tell us how Hughes Insurance made you happy

Telephone
"I tried to take out house insurance with them but they never called back when they promised to, as the new business teams were always "busy" and they left me to do all the chasing. Don't want my business? Then I'll go elsewhere."
"Just took out my first car insurance with Hughes (have house insurance with them). A guy called Conal from the Kennedy Centre, Belfast branch could not have been more helpful. Got me a better rate than my 9 years with my previous insurer and was so professional about the whole thing. An absolute pleasure to work with - not sure if they're all as good as Conal 'though!"
"We had car insurance with Hughes for about 14 years stayed with them,had to cancel due to getting a mobility car,sent me letter say they owed me over 200pounds then another letter saying they made mistake,and that I owed them asked them to look at it again so now they moved it to debt collection im so annoyed with this they are useless will never use they again and advise people to be carefull I just wish I had of took it to get advice over letter they sent saying they owed me but due to health I just left it."
"Hello, I was just speaking to one of your workers in the payment sector and she was extremely helpful, her name was Lesley. She helped me will my payments and I thought I'd right a nice review. Yours sincerely David Boyle."
"they miss-sell you a policy and then when you cancel bill you £160 for less that 10 days insurance. Email sent to Financial services authority...let them deal with this"
"Tried to charge my pensioner mother £800+ for insurance for her small car. It had even gone up from last year by over £150 despite no claims. I got better cover online for less than £400. Absolute con men!!"
"😮 . It’s as simple as this everyone. Take out your insurance with them. Give them your money foolishly. Think you have insurance. ?😂 This company is a complete disaster from incompetent staff who are rude the lies over and over again. Trained too be nice the get new customers.after that complete disaster. So I took my money back 😂 https://gocardless.com/direct-debit/guarantee/ follow link ring your bank take your Money back it’s really that easy"
"I have had a terrible experience with these people. I would say to anyone who has felt they did not hold up to their professionalism, or your complaint was not dealt with correctly... I ask all people mistreated or missold car insurance to conduct the Financial conduct authority. Insurance companies need to be held accountable. In addition, these people have lied to and have caused me a major inconvenience and serious stress."
"I'm very happy with hughes as my insurance company. Wouldn't change them at all. Just one problem that the app keeps logging me out but I try to log back in and won't let me. This only happens sometimes. Other than that everything is 100%. Staff are friendly for helping me set up my first year policy. Highly recommend!!"
"Got insured with Hughes 10, months ago on the telematics app. It is the worst app ever never works properly always breaking. When I ring I spend near an hour waiting to get through Nd when I ring they try to resolve it and say you haven't got Bluetooth on or location even tho I do they know nothing . Then the other day I made a change of veichle and was insured for 8 days they rang and said they weren't insuring me on it and wanted a independent engineer report. I then changed back to my previous car . 2 days after that they rang me saying tbere is problem with my car asked size of wheels and wanted a measure ment of spoiler and I had explained to them I sent the pics 10 months ago and there never was a problem they don't have a clue I wouldn't recommend them they really are bad bad company and staff haven't a clue what's so ever"
"I renewed my policy in April and then decided to change the car in June, I have now tried for 3 consecutive days to add the new vehicle and I get no reply, 15 minute wait the first time, 20 minutes the second time and again today I've been waiting for 25 minutes now. yet if you come through as a new customer funny its 2 minutes! Sort it out Hughes its a disgrace and costing us money to be stuck on hold will not be renewing with them next year!!"
"Disgusting company, spend up 45 minutes on hold to speak to someone, to get a receptionist who cant answer your questions and dumps you abck in queue cold again so you wait to give security details all over again. If you breakdown you do all the work yourself phoning different companies, if you have courtesy car you dont get it if garage dont offer service, if you cancel your policy they lose documents and send constant texts, emails, letters chasing you for bank details ignoring your requests to cancel policy even after you send the certificate of motor insurance back with a cancellation letter and resend by email. Car was scrapped 2 weeks ago and they still chasing me for insurance I cancelled at time, threatening with legal action. Gone to Ombudsman but in all my yers driving never had probs such as with this company."
"After three weeks they canceled my insurance. The reason: because no bonus claims is not my name (the previous insurance I had on my partner's name, but my name is also specified, I being the second driver, I did not have claims). They never gave me any money back. they also charged me for canceling the insurance. Then they asked me for more money to renew my insurance. I do not recommend."
"Worst company to have insurance with, if you have an accident you basically have to do all the running around and they put your insurance through the roof even if your not to blame for an accident, their claim handlers MIS Claim are just as bad, I received a letter from highway insurance nearly a week ago saying claim had been closed as non fault yet MIS Claims know nothing about this and I am asked to provide proof. Hughes just want your money then they washed their hands off it if there is a claim and they just blame MIS Claims for any issues raised, be warned stay away from this mickey mouse outfit."
"this is the second time this has happened to me. Being Charged twice in the same month for my insurance. Just to make people aware of this to always check your bank balance every now and again because now my rent has been declined because Hughes insurance has taking a second payment in the same month for insurance. and now i have a surcharge on my rent. Cant see my self keeping this company on when due for renewal"
"Absolutely rediculous company. After them messing me about from day one after paying for my insurance I was expecting an email with my insurance certificate so I would be able to tax it they sent a letter 4 days later instead asking me to fill out a totally irrelevant questionnaire which also said that once filled in and sent back they would post my certificate in the next 7 days. So i waited patiently and 5 days later they send another letter saying to contact them to prove my no claims bonus was valid (easily could have been emailed) and said they’d send me my certificate in the next 7 days !!! At this point I was fuming, 3 days later the certificate Finally arrived and I got my car taxed was happy to drive and commute to work. But.. it did not end here. With such a pathetic and unprofessional company it was obviously too good to be true! The following day after my first drive I got a phone call from Hughes, they very impolitely (if I may say) told me that my no claims bonus was incorrectand told me that they were withdrawing my insurance. Never never never again will I take anything to do with this rediculous, pathetic and unbelievably unhelpful company. Wish I read the reviews before going with Hughes as everybody else seems to have endless problems aswell."
"After messing up my quote and argued they in the right they overcharged me 600 roughly I paid it and got omsbudman involved and they got my money back... then I blew engine so tried to insure a people carrier it’s called a car in log book I have it insured as a car with previous insurers but they say it a van I get in a accident there’s there way out not to pay clearly no clue how to run quotes muppets"
"Absolute bastards! Rob the poor to make the rich richer! Hope the founder dies in a crash with no cover! Cunts"
"Cancelled insurance for not providing no claims proof which would be fair enough but they made no attempt to ask me for it I just received a letter saying it has been cancelled stay away folks"
"We approached Hughes Insurance last year & again this year for a commercial quotation, we never got a reply. We will not give them a third chance."
Hughes Insurance is rated 2.09 based on 33 reviews