Hughes Insurance Reviews

26% of reviewers recommend Hughes Insurance

How would you rate Hughes Insurance ?

"I renewed my policy in April and then decided to change the car in June, I have now tried for 3 consecutive days to add the new vehicle and I get no reply, 15 minute wait the first time, 20 minutes the second time and again today I've been waiting for 25 minutes now. yet if you come through as a new customer funny its 2 minutes! Sort it out Hughes its a disgrace and costing us money to be stuck on hold will not be renewing with them next year!!"
"Disgusting company, spend up 45 minutes on hold to speak to someone, to get a receptionist who cant answer your questions and dumps you abck in queue cold again so you wait to give security details all over again. If you breakdown you do all the work yourself phoning different companies, if you have courtesy car you dont get it if garage dont offer service, if you cancel your policy they lose documents and send constant texts, emails, letters chasing you for bank details ignoring your requests to cancel policy even after you send the certificate of motor insurance back with a cancellation letter and resend by email. Car was scrapped 2 weeks ago and they still chasing me for insurance I cancelled at time, threatening with legal action. Gone to Ombudsman but in all my yers driving never had probs such as with this company."
"After three weeks they canceled my insurance. The reason: because no bonus claims is not my name (the previous insurance I had on my partner's name, but my name is also specified, I being the second driver, I did not have claims). They never gave me any money back. they also charged me for canceling the insurance. Then they asked me for more money to renew my insurance. I do not recommend."
"Worst company to have insurance with, if you have an accident you basically have to do all the running around and they put your insurance through the roof even if your not to blame for an accident, their claim handlers MIS Claim are just as bad, I received a letter from highway insurance nearly a week ago saying claim had been closed as non fault yet MIS Claims know nothing about this and I am asked to provide proof. Hughes just want your money then they washed their hands off it if there is a claim and they just blame MIS Claims for any issues raised, be warned stay away from this mickey mouse outfit."
"this is the second time this has happened to me. Being Charged twice in the same month for my insurance. Just to make people aware of this to always check your bank balance every now and again because now my rent has been declined because Hughes insurance has taking a second payment in the same month for insurance. and now i have a surcharge on my rent. Cant see my self keeping this company on when due for renewal"
"Absolutely rediculous company. After them messing me about from day one after paying for my insurance I was expecting an email with my insurance certificate so I would be able to tax it they sent a letter 4 days later instead asking me to fill out a totally irrelevant questionnaire which also said that once filled in and sent back they would post my certificate in the next 7 days. So i waited patiently and 5 days later they send another letter saying to contact them to prove my no claims bonus was valid (easily could have been emailed) and said they’d send me my certificate in the next 7 days !!! At this point I was fuming, 3 days later the certificate Finally arrived and I got my car taxed was happy to drive and commute to work. But.. it did not end here. With such a pathetic and unprofessional company it was obviously too good to be true! The following day after my first drive I got a phone call from Hughes, they very impolitely (if I may say) told me that my no claims bonus was incorrectand told me that they were withdrawing my insurance. Never never never again will I take anything to do with this rediculous, pathetic and unbelievably unhelpful company. Wish I read the reviews before going with Hughes as everybody else seems to have endless problems aswell."
"After messing up my quote and argued they in the right they overcharged me 600 roughly I paid it and got omsbudman involved and they got my money back... then I blew engine so tried to insure a people carrier it’s called a car in log book I have it insured as a car with previous insurers but they say it a van I get in a accident there’s there way out not to pay clearly no clue how to run quotes muppets"
"Absolute bastards! Rob the poor to make the rich richer! Hope the founder dies in a crash with no cover! Cunts"
"Cancelled insurance for not providing no claims proof which would be fair enough but they made no attempt to ask me for it I just received a letter saying it has been cancelled stay away folks"
"We approached Hughes Insurance last year & again this year for a commercial quotation, we never got a reply. We will not give them a third chance."
"Refused car insurance"
"After Several Hours and several agents on the phone updating info and offered a proposal it was then declined."
"I was looking for isurance for my daughter and me on a car, was looking at quotes online and Hughes insurance came up with a good value quote. I made note of the ref number and phone hughes the next day to confirm the quote and to make sure that my daughter was allow to drive to school on the policy. Everything about the policy check out ok and hughes was payed the full amount. A few days later the policy documents arrived, still everything was correct. A week later got a letter from Hughes asking for conformation of No claim bonus and to fill out a young drivers declaration. I when to my present insurers and cancelled my exsisting policy and got proof of no claims from them. Completed the young drivers declaration and left both round to Hughes. I was then told by a very unhelpful obstructive sales man that I would not be getting insurance due to me having a motorcycle. I explained to him that I had already got a quote and had payed in full for insurance and had policy documents and had left my previous insurers on the strength of this quote, but he just repeated that I would not be getting insurance and that it would be declined. 3 days later I got a letter declining my insurance and demanding my policy document be returned. There no mention in this letter why my fully payed up insurance was declined or any mention of refunds. After contacting the head office to complain, there was a complete lack of interest in helping me get insurance sorted out, Hughes couldn't have care less about me cancelling a policy on the strenght of there quote or not having insurance for my car. I cancelled my policy and got most, not all of my payment back, and proof of NCB from them. I will never be back in Hughes again in my life, I will never use them again, and nor will any of my family, It is unbelievable that you can get a quote, pay for insurance, get the documents and still not be insured, this is a disgrace of a company."
"Came for time for car insurance renewal and they put the price up by £3000!!!! No accidence and almost a decade of no claims. Cannot understand this. Allison their advisor was extremely rude in the phone. Do not recommend this company. Guess thats what you get for being loyal customer."
"Extremely bad insurance company! I was insured with them and my daughter as second drive! Cancelled my policy because my other children drive and their cars are at my house hold! BEYOND REDICULOUS! Didn't give me any money but had a cheek to take £400 deposite and £200 for the moth! Wouldn't recommend and wouldn't be back. Horrible horrible company with an extremely bad name."
"Very Poor still waiting on the phone call"
"Great provider"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 years ago
"A driver had crashed into my insurance company was not very helpful with helping me and I didn't hear anything from them until 3 weeks after the crash, I also did not receive my meerkat ."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 years ago
"Would not think of changing unless fees increased drastically"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 3 years ago
"i found Hughes to be very helpful and courteous, with everything explained clearly. Good service which I can recommend to anyone."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 3 years ago