HomeProtect Reviews

of reviewers recommend HomeProtect
Read HomeProtect Reviews

About HomeProtect:

We specialise in non-standard insurance
We cover unoccupied homes, listed properties, properties with a history of flood or subsidence, holiday homes, second homes, landlords, people who have had past financial difficulties or convictions, larger homes with more than 6 bedrooms, homes which have lodgers or are on AirBnB and many more!

We’ll protect your property, inside and out… in minutes
Our customers have saved money and set up their home insurance online, even if they've had insurance problems in the past.

Immediate online quote in most cases, even for very complex circumstances
We quote for a wider set of circumstances online than any other insurance provider in the UK.

Take advantage of discounts
You could qualify for a discount if you buy a combined Buildings & Contents policy, if you have a No Claims Bonus or if you have specific security measures at the property.

5 Star rated buildings policies
HomeProtect buildings insurance policies are rated 5 Star by Defaqto, indicating that the policy is one of the most comprehensive home insurance buildings products available.

Useful extra cover included
Benefit from Basic Legal Expenses and Home Emergency cover included in your policy, for no extra cost.

24hrs claims phone line
If the worst should happen, call our dedicated Claims team anytime. We’ll explain what information we need from you and we'll explain what happens next.

marketing@homeprotect.co.uk

CI Tower, St George’s Square

Tell us how HomeProtect made you happy
Great virtual communications with minimal paper usage To be able to do an electronic signature is great
We like to make things easy for you Vanessa! Thank you for your 5 star review. Angela at The HomeProtect Team.
Easy to renew- all online and seamless service
Great to see you had a seamless journey online with us Allison! Were thrilled to have you with us for another year. Angela at The HomeProtect Team.
Although your quote on compare the market was for a basic policy your representative went through the upgrades without pressurising you into buying any of them which was a blessing.
Great to hear Lawrence! Were thrilled to have you onboard. Thank you for your 5 star review. Angela at The HomeProtect Team.
Brilliant company which always gives best quote & service.
That's what we like to hear! Thank you for your 5 star review. Angela at The HomeProtect Team.
Have only just purchased my insurance from HomeProtect, but found the procedure and interaction thus far very straight forward and quick.
That's what we like to hear! Thank you for your 5 star review! Have a great day. Angela at The HomeProtect Team.
I applied for mine on line, it was simplicity itself, easy to follow menu and a great price.
Great to see your online journey with us was simple and hassle free. Thank you for your 5 star review Howard! Angela at The HomeProtect Team.
Brilliant company which always gives best quote & service.
We aim to please! Thank you for your 5 star review. Have a great day. Angela at The HomeProtect Team.
We got there after a long phone call. It was un auto renew and despite over a week before the renew date, the monies had been taken. The customer services was unable to tell me what name was on the card used or if it was Visa etc. 30-40 minutes later she gave me this exact information and then had to get that payment back as this had caused a friend who I borrowed money from the previous year to go into overdraft which meant I had to pay that bill as well as the insurance. The customer care wasn’t up to scratch, not able to sense my distress and didn’t seem to care. We eventually got to a satisfactory end and have taken off the auto renew which I hadn’t asked for and do not have on any other services.
Sorry to hear of the experience you have had. I have passed this on as feedback to make sure it never happens again. I'm pleased we managed to sort things out for you. Angela at The HomeProtect Team.
Quick customer service and always friendly staff over the telephone that are very helpful and polite.
Great to see you had a swift and pleasant experience with us. Thank you for your 5 star review. Angela at The HomeProtect Team.
Easy to deal with and very reasonably priced.
Our property had an issue with subsidence due to a faulty drain. This has been repaired to an insurance companies satisfaction and we are in possession of a structural engineers report stating hat there is o subsidence and no suggestion of a future recurrence but home protect insist on a £2500 excess as there is more likely to be subsidence at the property in the future. Can any one explain their reasoning to me please
Sorry to hear of your disappointment Stuart, that is never our intention. Unfortunately as there has been a claim made, when we run the risk information through our algorithm this is the best price and excess we are able to offer. we will of course review this each year. Thanks Angela at The HomeProtect Team.
Great customer service, good price, happy with set up process
Great to hear! Thank you for your 5 star review. Have a lovely day. Angela at The HomeProtect Team.
Was very helpful and got everything sorted quickly even when I kept changing my mind was very patient
Were always here to help! Thank you for your kind words. Angela at The HomeProtect Team.
Helpful friendly advice and care to get the right cover for my home.
We strive to offer great quality service and products, so its great to see you got just that. Thank you for your 5 star review. Angela at The HomeProtect Team.
Poor experience trying to sort something out by email. Eventually I had to resort to sending documents by post. Many emails unanswered.
Sorry to hear of your disappointment, that is never our intention. Please can you send your policy details and queries to resolve@homeprotect.co.uk and I will make sure any queries you have will be answered swiftly. Thank you Angela at The HomeProtect Team.
The person I spoke to was very helpful and informative , gave me lots of advice plus a competitive price- what more could one ask for.
We aim to please Carol! Great to see you had a 5 star experience with us. Angela at The HomeProtect Team.
Price is the cheapest you'll get for a chalet home.
We aim to offer the best prices around! Thank you for your kind review. Angela at The HomeProtect Team.
Brilliant no fuss service. Very competitive pricing.
Great to hear Steve! Thank you for your 5 star review. Angela at The HomeProtect Team.
My experience with HomeProtect has been awful. I would highly recommend you look at reviews from customers that have unfortunately needed to actually make a claim with this company and have felt lied to and have been left with a disaster on their plate. HomeProtect policies are distrustful and they will try and obstruct your claim. Avoid wasting your money here at all costs and find another company pronto!
Were sorry to hear of your disappointment Emma it is never our intention. We try to be as clear as possible in our policy wording regarding what is and is not covered. Thank you for your feedback. Angela at The HomeProtect Team.
HomeProtect is rated 4.45 based on 2,168 reviews