HomeProtect Reviews

4.4
Based on 2,433 reviews
Read HomeProtect Reviews

About HomeProtect:

We specialise in non-standard insurance
We cover unoccupied homes, listed properties, properties with a history of flood or subsidence, holiday homes, second homes, landlords, people who have had past financial difficulties or convictions, larger homes with more than 6 bedrooms, homes which have lodgers or are on AirBnB and many more!

We’ll protect your property, inside and out… in minutes
Our customers have saved money and set up their home insurance online, even if they've had insurance problems in the past.

Immediate online quote in most cases, even for very complex circumstances
We quote for a wider set of circumstances online than any other insurance provider in the UK.

Take advantage of discounts
You could qualify for a discount if you buy a combined Buildings & Contents policy, if you have a No Claims Bonus or if you have specific security measures at the property.

5 Star rated buildings policies
HomeProtect buildings insurance policies are rated 5 Star by Defaqto, indicating that the policy is one of the most comprehensive home insurance buildings products available.

Useful extra cover included
Benefit from Basic Legal Expenses and Home Emergency cover included in your policy, for no extra cost.

24hrs claims phone line
If the worst should happen, call our dedicated Claims team anytime. We’ll explain what information we need from you and we'll explain what happens next.

marketing@homeprotect.co.uk

CI Tower, St George’s Square

Tell us how HomeProtect made you happy
Disgusting. Had a claim in since September for a leak. You pulled my floorboards up and took plaster of the walls to dry it off. Took the drying machines away. Then nothing and have left me out of pocket for the drying machines that were used 24hours 7 days. I was promised an electricity refund. Nothing. My plans to have a family Xmas in this room look like they have gone. Wouldnt touch these with a bargepole after this. Still no contact even though have messaged them.
We're sorry to read of your disappointment that is not the level of service we would expect you to receive. We have escalated this to the claims manager and requested they contact you. Angela at The HomeProtect Team.
Straightforward, great price and cover, easy to tailor to your needs.
Great to hear! Thank you for your 5 star review. Angela at The HomeProtect Team.
I haven’t had a bad experience but have paid a lot of money for the Policy, after becoming bereaved and not confident to make a change to what is in place. Friends tell me it is double what they pay. Maybe next year I will be strong enough to negotiate.
Were sorry for your loss. we are always happy to discuss any changes that may bring your price down. Thank you Angela at The HomeProtect Team.
You can tell more about a company when things go awry than when all goes to plan. HomeProtect’s customer service dealt efficiently and politely with my concerns and so redeemed my full faith in their business. The policy I have with them is highly price competitive and their approach markedly more flexible than their competitirs. Once again I was happy to renew with them.
We're thrilled we could help you Ian! Thank you for your great feedback. Angela at The HomeProtect Team.
My policy renewal went really well. One improvement would have been an email acknowledging completion of the process, online works well so happy overall
Thank you for your feedback we have taken this on board. If you're happy we're happy! Angela at The HomeProtect Team.
First time I used compare the market with my daughter found it very clear and informative covering most situations and a good price
We aim to please Jennifer! Thank you for your 5 star review. Angela at The HomeProtect Team.
Have used this company for several years now. Always very helpful if you need to contact them. Would definitely recommend them.
That's great to hear! We're always happy to help! Angela at The HomePfrotect Team.
Having booked my insurance through home protect we were very happy with the support and professional manner that I was dealt with. I have no hesitation of recommending Homeprotect.
We aim to please! Thank you for your 5 star review. Angela at The HomeProtect Team.
Quick, easy and efficient. reasonable price. Very good on communicating progress and issue of policy .
That's what we like to hear Saeed! Thank you for your 5 star review. Angela at The HomeProtect Team.
I bought the policy online, for a competitive price. It’s features suited me best out of what was available. However, I found some of the many caveats could prove extremely frustrating. For example, ‘Accidental Damage Cover’ doesn’t cover accidental damage to certain items in certain conditions, or restrictions on how the contents cover amount is made up in the event of a claim - only X% can be valuables that don’t need to be individually named. It’s so irritating, especially when I know that the total value of my possessions should fall well within the total sum insured. It’s just another example of insurance companies trying to restrict payouts. I really hope that I never need to use this insurance.
We try to be as transparent as we can regarding what is covered in your policy. Thank you for your feedback it has been passed on to the relevant team. Angela at The HomeProtect Team.
Have renewed again with Home Protect which not only gives me a good price for my needs (I own a Grade II Listed cottage) it gave me some valuable legal advice included in the price. Will certainly remain with them if they maintain their level of protection. Their website is simple to navigate, and if you need to actually speak with someone this is very easy to do.
We like to stay loyal to our customers! Thank you for your 5 star review. We are delighted to have you with us for another year. Angela at The HomeProtect Team.
Really easy to talk to and organise
Quick and easy quote, and a competative price - you can add extras eg key cover, home emergency etc but that is your personal choice....I haven't claimed, so can't comment on that experience - but hopefully we never need to discover that experience.....
Fingers crossed you never need to make a claim Ann! Thank you for your 5 star feedback. Angela at The HomeProtect Team.
Excellent service. Minimal increase. All inclusive policy. Would recommend
We aim to please! Thank you for your 5 star review! Angela at The HomeProtect Team.
Very helpful staff who explained the cover I needed to protect a furnished, unoccupied property. The premium quoted was very competitive, in fact is was far better than quotes I received from other bespoke insurance companies. Thank you for your assistance with this rather delicate matter. A 5 star service from employees of a 5 star company.
We are always happy to help Karl! We're delighted you received a 5-star service from us. Thank you Angela at The HomeProtect Team.
Competitive home insurance! Very pleased but hopefully we’ll never need you 😀
We strive to offer the best prices around! Thank you for your 5 star review. Angela at The HomeProtect Team.
This is my second year with HomeProtect and found their online service quite easy to use. The cost of the insurance is very competitive and covered everything I needed. When asking for advice they were prompt and very helpful, as well as being professional. In my view, HomeProtect provide a competitive and fully supportive service.
That's what we like to hear! We like to make your journey as straightforward as possible. Thank you Angela at The HomeProtect Team.
Good price, extensive cover hassle free transaction, everything you want from an insurance company
We like to make your journey straightforward and hassle-free Tony! Thank you for your 5-star review. Angela at The HomeProtect Team.
Pleasant and patient customer service. Felt valued.
Thank you for your feedback Uma. We would appreciate it if you would think about amending your star rating to reflect the service you have received? Thanks, Angela at The HomeProtect Team.
Haven’t had to deal with them yet
Fingers crossed you never have to make a claim! Thank you for your 5 star review. Angela at The HomeProtect Team.
HomeProtect is rated 4.43 based on 2,433 reviews