HomeProtect Reviews

4.4
Based on 2,429 reviews
Read HomeProtect Reviews

About HomeProtect:

We specialise in non-standard insurance
We cover unoccupied homes, listed properties, properties with a history of flood or subsidence, holiday homes, second homes, landlords, people who have had past financial difficulties or convictions, larger homes with more than 6 bedrooms, homes which have lodgers or are on AirBnB and many more!

We’ll protect your property, inside and out… in minutes
Our customers have saved money and set up their home insurance online, even if they've had insurance problems in the past.

Immediate online quote in most cases, even for very complex circumstances
We quote for a wider set of circumstances online than any other insurance provider in the UK.

Take advantage of discounts
You could qualify for a discount if you buy a combined Buildings & Contents policy, if you have a No Claims Bonus or if you have specific security measures at the property.

5 Star rated buildings policies
HomeProtect buildings insurance policies are rated 5 Star by Defaqto, indicating that the policy is one of the most comprehensive home insurance buildings products available.

Useful extra cover included
Benefit from Basic Legal Expenses and Home Emergency cover included in your policy, for no extra cost.

24hrs claims phone line
If the worst should happen, call our dedicated Claims team anytime. We’ll explain what information we need from you and we'll explain what happens next.

marketing@homeprotect.co.uk

CI Tower, St George’s Square

Tell us how HomeProtect made you happy
I have been with HomeProtect for a few years now and find their Customer Service Agents extremely helpful. The main reason I am stating this is that they really listen to me and fully understand as a Senior Citizen I rely on their guidance and they have helped me to buy the best insurance for my budget.
We are always happy to help you Sandra! Thank you for your great feedback. Angela at The HomeProtect Team.
Easy to buy a new policy on line but would have been even easier just to let the auto-renewal go through. But it was more expensive - loyalty isn’t encouraged. Saved money by cancelling my policy with them and buying a new one on line from the same company with all the same criteria. More work for them to create a new policy and more work for me to fill the forms in again.
Thank you for your feedback it has been passed on to the relevant team for improvements. Angela at The HomeProtect Team.
It was really straight forward to join and the policy they offer is great.
Great to hear Louise! Thank you for your 5-star review. Angela at The HomeProtect Team.
HomeProtect were very competitive and easy to join when I was struggling to find insurance on a second home. Keep up the good work!
We strive to offer cover that others can't Alan so it's great to see we could do that for you. Thank you for your 5-star review. Angela at The HomeProtect Team.
Although we have not made any claims it seems straight forward enough. We were happy with the policy literature we received.
Fingers crossed you never have to make a claim! Thank you for your feedback. Angela at The HomeProtect Team.
Most of these reviews are reviews on the customer side, I actually worked on the frontline in Customer Services and 1 sales call over 6 weeks on a remote working form home basis in Sheffield. Avantia Insurance/HomeProtect, 1 is a trading style of Avantia Insurance. They use Webhelp/GoBeyond Partners. I am not really impressed with the reviews I have seen anyway but my online training group was more like the Bash Street Kids than a professional group of candidates giving their all in 6 weeks. It was a nightmare. The Reed Screening company lost my character Reference and had to ask for it again. I asked what happened to the first one, possible data breach, sent somewhere else, misplaced file. They stayed silent, never put anything in writing for 4.5 weeks. If we look at the assumption that a Nutritionist what goes in gives you the results outside. A construction company using bad materials. I have been a Business Development Manager 10-15 years of telephone sales, clarity of voice, control a call, a smooth reading voice for the insurance scripts, I would say 4/5 of us out of 14 had that. Fast food workers, students, care workers and we lost 4 in first few weeks. They just want you to get through the course and a body on the line even if they are not up to standard in my opinion. I would have taken on 6 if senior management. I heard swearing down the training line, some candidates were non existent in training, swearing, 1 was doing the home remote working and in a car with stereo playing. WEBHELP have a look at their ratings online and Avantia/HomeProtect trust this company to deal with their training/candidate selection. I feel sorry for the insurance customers long waiting queues on line, lower quality advisors I truly can say getting through to Accounts was the worst (transferring customers), but override team, Referrals, Renewals and calls taking 1 hr plus I now know why. Finally, I they found a reason to get rid of me, my delivery from Webhelp computer equipment in a battered box. I will say 1 final thing for a the advisors its a 6 week course which is never enough, it takes years to master the role (Customer Services) but at least match the candidates. The lady trainer had no control of group at all.
Signing up for a policy with Home Protect was easy and quick. The first time all it took was a single telephone call; renewal was even easier - just a quick exchange of emails! Their policy is easy to read and understand and, most importantly, it is also very good value for money.
We like to make your journey with us as easy and hassle-free as possible. Thanks for your 5-star review Don! Angela at The HomeProtect Team.
Very helpful. Just make sure things are listed as a specific item and you keep all your receipts otherwise you can not claim!
Thank you for your feedback! Have a great day. Angela at The HomeProtect Team.
A good price, hence three stars, but a very tortuous process. Because I run a small business I had to speak to someone in person, which was fine, but then I wanted to compare prices before I went ahead. None of the details of my quote, including the price, were saved, waiting times on hold were dreadful, I was promised a call back which never happened, most people I spoke to were helpful when I eventually got through, but one didn't have a clue. Policy details were not emailed out straight away as promised. The whole process meant me spending most of two days queuing on the phone. Just not acceptable.
Sorry to hear of the experience you have had that is not the level of service we would expect you to receive. I have passed your feedback onto the relevant team. Thanks Angela at The HomeProtect Team.
Very friendly over the phone but couldn’t accurately capture some property characteristics. Was proactive to call back on the same day once clarified.
We like to make sure you are covered correctly. Thank you for your feedback. Angela at The HomeProtect Team.
Good product at a reasonable price. Provides the insurance I require.
That's what we like to hear! Thank you for your feedback. Angela at The HomeProtect Team.
Superb company for a person with a criminal conviction to get insurance with. They treat you like a human being unlike some other insurers. Good price and competitive given my background
We strive to offer cover that others can! Thank you for your 5 star review were thrilled we could help you. Angela at The HomeProtect Team.
Great service
Great to hear! Thank you for your 5 star review. Angela at The HomeProtect Team.
So far so good - not had to make a claim, and that will be the real test if I have to - but so far the process has been simple.
Fingers crossed you never have to make a claim Chris! Thank you for your 5 star review. Angela at The HomeProtect Team.
When I contacted HomeProtect informing them that I needed to make a claim they replied very quickly and made the whole procedure very easy and understandable . Never have I claimed before and their correspondence and very polite staff was just top quality . Put your mind at rest and get insured with HomeProtect you won’t be disappointed and you can relax knowing you’ve got the best insurance you can get . They’re 100% perfection .
HomeProtect 5 star review on 21st December 2021
Sorry to hear you had to make a claim Karen! We're thrilled we were able to make your experience hassle-free! Thank you for your great feedback. Angela at The HomeProtect Team.
Easy website, user friendly, great prices, done in a flash and can add or take away extras you do or don't need.
We like to make your journey easy Dawny! Great to see you had a 5 star experience. Angela at The HomeProtect Team.
Disgusting. Had a claim in since September for a leak. You pulled my floorboards up and took plaster of the walls to dry it off. Took the drying machines away. Then nothing and have left me out of pocket for the drying machines that were used 24hours 7 days. I was promised an electricity refund. Nothing. My plans to have a family Xmas in this room look like they have gone. Wouldnt touch these with a bargepole after this. Still no contact even though have messaged them.
We're sorry to read of your disappointment that is not the level of service we would expect you to receive. We have escalated this to the claims manager and requested they contact you. Angela at The HomeProtect Team.
Straightforward, great price and cover, easy to tailor to your needs.
I haven’t had a bad experience but have paid a lot of money for the Policy, after becoming bereaved and not confident to make a change to what is in place. Friends tell me it is double what they pay. Maybe next year I will be strong enough to negotiate.
Were sorry for your loss. we are always happy to discuss any changes that may bring your price down. Thank you Angela at The HomeProtect Team.
You can tell more about a company when things go awry than when all goes to plan. HomeProtect’s customer service dealt efficiently and politely with my concerns and so redeemed my full faith in their business. The policy I have with them is highly price competitive and their approach markedly more flexible than their competitirs. Once again I was happy to renew with them.
We're thrilled we could help you Ian! Thank you for your great feedback. Angela at The HomeProtect Team.
HomeProtect is rated 4.44 based on 2,429 reviews