Healthy Pets Reviews

Graeme Fulton
1 review
1 star: Bad
An hour ago
You can cover the rest. We dont care
Took out a lifetime policy for my dog. He is over 8 years old. Had to take him to the vet this year. Healthy pets cover showed we had to pay £117 up front to the vets. This is normal to pay an excess. When they finally decided to pay the rest of the bill it fell £118 short of the total amount outstanding. I called up and was told yea that’s your problem. They make you pay 20% of whatever the bill is plus the excess. I was never told of this or made aware of it at any point. These people pray on people that care a lot about there pets. Its a dirty underhanded trick to get you to part with your money. I wanted to cancel my policy and have them pay the remaining fee to the vets. I was told no and i had to pay £88 of my premium to leave and pay the vet. I’m currently fighting this with the company but expect to be fobbed off. Avoid this company and do not give them a chance to rip off more people.
Always been a very good service, just had a claim approved for my dog, kept informed by text and email of status of claim, as treatment was received at two vets I had a couple of questions which were answered quickly. This is the 4th time (i know unlucky) that I have claimed and never had any problems
A totally inept customer services team.
This resulting in us having to liaise with our vet and healthy pets.
We complained however this was internally investigated and guess what it was not upheld.
We requested how we could take this further and got no response.
Unable to contact the CEO either.
Take your money, and no course to redress issues.
Your choice if this is what you want from a pet insurer
NO NO NO. To healthy pets insurance. After being a customer for over 10 years. We have finally had enough. Insured our dog at 10 weeks old with gold insurance. It just keeps going up and up. It's now over £80 per month. We have just cancelled policy. No bonuses for being a loyal customer- shame on you Healthy Pets - rip off merchants
Lost my pet and they said they would pay for advertising, so I advertised, sent them the bill and clipping out of the paper and they refused to pay because they wanted my vet to write a report that the dog was missing at my own cost which would have been more than the advert and the vet wouldnt have wanted to do it anyhow, how can he verify the dog is lost! He didnt see the dog in the park chase if off. Second appauling response from this company I have had. I have three pets with them and I am going to remove all of them. Working in a veterinary practice I have been extremely disappointed with there lack of concern and response.
What a con!!
I insured my cat with Healthy Pets Insurance and had a really bad experience with this company. I feel completely ripped off!.
They increased my premiums and the type of policy without my consent and when I queried the changes, I was advised that my cat wouldn't be insured for her illness if I reverted back.
They often made excuses not to pay out for illness related treatment and deducted £100 excesses on on-going claims. In my final claim for treatment near to £160, they paid out £44 and I was paying £20 a month premium.
This is an example of an insurance company at it's worse and to be avoided!
Healthy Pets Insurance is by far the easiest to understand, and also the cheapest too. But with the best cover to not compromise the well-being of our much loved pets. Highly recommended . Go on do yourself and your pet a favour, and take out a policy straight away for piece of mind. You definitely won't regret it .
(Pet Insurance) - Posted 2 years ago
Cat
(Pet Insurance) - Posted 3 years ago
Quick and easy, no jargon, just straight forward clear information. Very reasonable rates and as an existing customer, it took less than 5 minutes to add another kitty to my policy. I have already recommended healthy pets insurance to family members and would give them 10 out of 10 for customer service.
(Pet Insurance) - Posted 5 years ago
I have found Healthy Pets excellent for customer services and claims, unfortunately, I had to make a large claim for my dog, and they made everything so easy from filling in the claims form to paying out, Healthy Pets paid the vets directly, so I didn't have any worries or hassle, they were wonderful. I would recommend them to everyone who wants pet insurance, they are great value for money, a lot cheaper than most, but with excellent customer services they really care about your pet, it is so refreshing to find an insurance company that does what it says, without robbing you! Highly recommended, I am insuring another dog with them, would not use anyone else.
(Pet Insurance) - Posted 5 years ago
Have been informed that the insurance will cost me £10 extra to renew this year, which I feel is a bit excessive considering I haven't made a claim.
(Pet Insurance) - Posted 5 years ago
Good and clear insurance policy.
(Pet Insurance) - Posted 5 years ago
Very good company. We made a claim and they dealt with it promptly and paid out without any issues.
(Pet Insurance) - Posted 5 years ago
We got a policy out from Healthy Pets for our cat, we have had to make a claim, we had no problem whatsoever receiving a claim form withih 2 days, and they paid straight to the vet within 2to 3 weeks, we have a received a first class service and would recommend this provider without any hesitation.
(Pet Insurance) - Posted 6 years ago
Lady I spoke with was very friendly, understanding and helpful.
Time to settle the claim that was made was only a matter of days. Excellent service.
(Pet Insurance) - Posted 6 years ago
Initially I was very pleased with this policy. It was easy to purchase and the paperwork arrived in good time. I have never had to claim, so cannot offer any comment in regards to that. I have just this week changed to another pet insurance company, as I was unable to add another cat to my existing policy and was informed that I would need separate policies and separate direct debit for each animal. As I now have 3 cats this is very inconvenient, so I have now switched to a company who can offer a multi cat policy with one monthly payment.

I also found the customer service severely lacking when I enquired about adding another cat to my policy. I received a call from Healthy Pets, but was driving, so asked them to call back the following day. They didn't call back, but instead sent a very abrupt email to say that I couldn't have a multi cat policy. I cancelled my insurance with them and received no further correspondence.
Healthy Pets is rated 3.56 based on 16 reviews