Hastings Direct Smart Miles Reviews

of reviewers recommend Hastings Direct Smart Miles
Read Hastings Direct Smart Miles Reviews

Tell us how Hastings Direct Smart Miles made you happy
This is the worst insurance company! There customer service is shocking! They have cancelled my insurance because my score is 29! The box doesn’t even know what the speed limits are on the roads! It says I’m on my phone all the time why driving when I’m not! They don’t even call you to tell you your driving policy has been cancelled they just email you! And they won’t give your money back
Want to be constantly worried about your score and being cancelled? then go here! spent more time worrying about my score than driving itself and gave me driving anxiety! these blackbox will never take into account real driving situations or scenarios i.e someone pulls out on you and you get marked down as clearly you're a boy racer. Sent them probably 7 emails well over 2 month ago and heard nothing, funny how they have time to report my trustpilot reviews but not answer support tickets regarding insurance policies.
Cancelled policy based on my drive score. I was never given a reason why my drive score was low, I am an extremely careful driver who had never had a driving penalty. I was contacted on the 23rd April by email (warning my policy would be cancelled on the 14th may). I then phoned Hastings and the lady I spoke to assured me it would not be cancelled and my score was ok, the issue was apparently with data not syncing on their side, and I was told this had been rectified. I was assured my policy would not be cancelled. I found out yesterday they had cancelled my policy without further notice, which is extremely distressing as my car is now left uninsured and Hastings have pocketed 6 months worth of money, the remainder of the policy. I phoned twice today and both times was cut off I had given them my phone number and asked them to call me back in the event of this happening, which neither person did. I would absolutely not recommended Hastings to anyone. You risk being victimised for their poor technology, their customer service is appalling and in this case handling of the case is scandalous, verging on fraudulent.
The app is intermittent at recording trips and says recorded trip but no phone present even though the phone is positioned in the same place every time The tab settings would rather you have a accident than use your brake's to avoid idiot road users that pull out on you or brake suddenly with no warning. The tab is also very sensitive to even moderate acceleration to enter a motorway for example.It's totally unrealistic and dangerous to amble onto a motorway into 70 mph traffic.
Tab only seems to work when it wants , have had problems since day one. Always e mailing to day there going to cancel my policy well go ahead as I won't be renewing it with you .
Ive had no problems with the blackbox scored 100 every journey, wondering how long do you actually keep the blackbox until hastings say you can stop using it?
I had the black box for the first year which marked me down and didn’t go back up after I’d focussed on improving the way I drove. After a year they then said I don’t need a black box, this was fine until I purchased a new car this week and they’ve said that for the same price they’re sending me another box which was NOT part of the policy I paid for.
I got hasting on the 6th of March; around 2 weeks after I was notified that my driving score was low and my insurance may be cancelled. I started watching my driving curves, accelerations, braking etc. In the past two weeks my score is around 85 and overall is 52. I was well chuffed; but just today I got an email informing that my policy is being cancelled because my score is below 0. I have checked my app everyday in the last few weeks and not once my score my been low - still the overall score is above 52 and last 2 weeks score is over 50. Not sure what to do now as they are closed - I have to drop my son to school at 8:30 am and my insurance is cancelled at midnight.
Ive only been using the app and tab since March 2021. It marked me down three times for speeding on a 30mph road, as it thinks its 20mph in places. I have tried disputing it and had an email requesting details and have heard nothing since. I also got marked diwn for accelerating 7 miles in 2.5 seconds! If it wasnt the cheapest (Im on a very low budget) I'd change as it is really making me anxious when driving. I usually have friends or family with me when driving and they think irs a joke. It is so frustrating.
Everything is 90+ but time of day is glued stuck at 0 and it won’t change no matter how long I drive during the acceptable hours. I drove down and back from my Mums (3hr journey) and still didnt increased. I ain’t got a scooby
Hello Thomas, I apologise for any inconvenience caused by this, so we can look into this for you and advise on how to improve this score please call our centre on 01733 308 380. ~Freddy
I'm 48, I have always driven very carefully and never had an accident. But was without a car for many years so got this black box thing as had no no claims. The thing is insanely sensitive. Totally safe braking can give you a fault, normal acceleration gives a fault. Many times this penalised driving to avoid risk. Wouldn't recommend if you have any other options.
Hello there, I apologise you feel this way, to find out how to improve your score please call our SmartMiles team on 01733 308 380. ~Freddy
I'm new to Hastings Direct youngdriver insurance. So far I haven't experienced anything terrible with them. My insurance was reasonable price, the app is easy to use and it updates quite quickly. Only frustrating thing is the first day I installed the blackbox I had to drive to pick my partner up which is a couple miles out of my town. The national speed limit applies in most areas but I always do around 55mph as we have a lot of pot holes and road works and in some areas its 40 or 30. I lost points from braking as there is a lot of road works to begin with and there was police and ambulances speeding through the cars which meant I had to slow down and brake quickly otherwise if I continued it would of caused an accident. The second thing to happen was I was in a village called edgcott it is a 30mph zone. I don't do this speed as it has loads of sharp bends so I done maximum of 25mph. A dog walker decided to walk out on a blind bend which also meant I had to slam my brakes otherwise I would of hit him. He did apologise as he knew crossing there was dangerous but apologies don't change my score. In the same area a DPD van reversed out of a garden into oncoming traffic which affected my braking score too. I'm good at braking, its one thing I feel comfortable with and one thing my instructor complimented me on (believe it or not) but its just sad that other people actions can and will affect your driving daily which will affect your score.
Hello Eve, I apologise for any frustration this may have caused, we understand there may be some exceptions to our driving rules however we do need to take into consideration these braking instances. If you would like to discuss this further please call our SmartMiles team on 01733 308 380. ~Freddy
The customer service at Hastings Smart Miles is shocking. Being a new driver, blackbox insurance was on the cheaper end at £1300 for the year. Having spent such a large amount of money you would expect their data and black box to be accurate with regards to speed limits on roads. My speed score dropped to zero within the first week of driving, even though I drove below the speed limit all the time. I rung them up to enquire how this was possible given I was not speeding. This was the first time I rung them. The third time i rung I was told that I should just stick to the speed limit, not drive above or below it??? How is it possible to ensure I do not drive below the speed limit when I cannot influence how other people drive? Another month went by, and my speed score did not increase from 0. I was sent email saying that my insurance would be cancelled if i did not improve my score within a two week period. Again having stuck to the speed limit. I called to enquire again and was told they could offer me data from my last three "speeding" offences. These were two roads that had a national speedlimit. This was just for three speeding offences. I informed them that I would like to see that data from all my "speeding" offences which took two weeks to arrive. I had to manually enter all the data points into google maps which were all on the same two roads. It transpired that THEY had the incorrect speed limit for these two roads. So every time I exceeded 30mph on these two roads I got a speeding offence. Considering this was not my fault, i find it shocking that I was not offered any kind of compensation, such as an increase in my speed score as all of the data they had was incorrect. They would also not take back the warning they sent to me via email. I would not recommend this company to any new driver. Why should I have to inform them of the speed limits in my area? It leaves me with little confidence that any of their other data collection methods are accurate, when they cannot even have accurate data for speed limits on roads.
Hello there, I apologise for any problems you've experienced with this policy, we are unable to comment on the error seen with the road speeds however we recommend calling our SmartMiles team on 01733 308 380 so they can assist and resolve this with yourself. ~Freddy
Been with them for a year, score was 90 for months and months. Final month just around the corner and it drops down to 74. Nothing changed, still drove the exact same way and then for the final month I was going to try and get it back up, andddd they logged me out of my app and emailed me with a renewal quote and locked my score at 74. Wouldn’t recommend, seems a bit shady. They also had no idea what locking wheel nuts, bucket seats, coilovers or a back box are, when I asked on multiple accounts with different people.
Hello there, I'm very sorry you feel this way and I appreciate your frustration. If you would like to discuss your score and how to maintain it please call the SmartMiles team on 01733 308 380. ~Freddy
We had a brand new box delivered and so as a parent I drove a 40 minute round trip left the house at 10 am and returned well within the time limit and yet only scored 90 for time of day?? I was under the speed limit at all times to the point that lorries were passing me by and yet my speed still came out at 40! I feel that this box is horrendous and how anyone can score within the recommended scores is impossible.
Hello there, I'm very sorry for any confusion caused by your Driving Score. If you would like to discuss how to improve this score and how we measure it please call us on 01733 308 380. ~Freddy
This has got to be the worst company I’ve ever been insure with. I moved area to be closer to my partner and they added a fee of £1062. I cancelled my policy as I pay monthly and the amount of interested added on to the monthly fee was ridiculous. I then revived and email telling me I was due a refund of £897.82 and it would be in my account but the next 14 days. After the allocated two weeks I revived another email telling me that I owed Hastings money. I called too see what had gone on and spoke to 3 people I was told by one of the employees that she couldn’t help me, once I was transferred the second employee rudely ended the phone call and once I rang Hastings back I spoke to a man who was quite rude to me. After he put me on hold for 40 minutes he told me there was nothing he could do to help me. I asked him to transfer me through to someone who could help me, he just said no and that he has told me everything that I need to know . The day after I received a text from Hastings asking me to call them . Once I was on the phone they decided to tell me I owe them £277 even though the first agreed refund figure was £897.82 and the second email I received said that I had an outstanding balance of £168. Even though my bill for this month has been paid. I have been getting absolutely hounded for the money that they claim I owe them yet when I had a problem the other day it was so difficult to speak to them and they didn’t want to know. They’ve demanded a full some of money even though I’ve told them that I can’t afford it as my other bills have gone out already and I’m not left with very much; they have absolutely no compassion and are constantly demanding money off me. The absolute worse insurance company. The way I’ve been treated and spoken to is disgusting. I will never be using them ever again.
Hello there, I am very sorry to hear this and I apologise for any distress caused by this situation. So that we can rectify this please call our SmartMiles team on 01733 308 380. ~Freddy
This is the worst insurance company I have ever encountered. The black box is a scam which is quick to deduct points from your score but hardly ever improve your score, no matter what you do. My score was 36 somehow and it needs to be 40 and they have now cancelled my policy because of 4 points, and given me a week to find a whole new policy. STEER CLEAR OF HIS SHODDY COMPANY WITH THEIR SHODDY BLACKBOX.
Hello Agnes, I'm very sorry you feel this way. If you would like advice on how to improve your score or discuss your policy, please call on 01733 308 380. ~Freddy
The smart miles box is very frustrating for a young driver as penalises them very quickly and harshly but the score is very slow to go up , if at all when they are driving properly . If it goes in the red it’s very hard to get out and stay out so they will Inevitably cancel your policy , collecting £200 for doing so !!!!! If you even touch the brake the score goes down , time of day is quick to go down but rarely goes up ! Have had a shocking experience and they won’t help you out .
Hello there, I'm sorry if you were unhappy with your SmartMiles policy experience. If you would like to discuss your driving score and how to improve this please call our SmartMiles customer service team on 01733 308 380. ~Freddy
I am with Hastings Direct now, and have a Fiat 500. I am a new driver and am due to renew come October 2020. I check my scores religiously , and my score for speed as remained at 40 for some time now. Every other score is green so am happy with that. I have read that if my score drops below 40, my policy will be cancelled & I will struggle getting a policy elsewhere ? Is this true? Can someone let me know please.
Hello there, Sorry for any confusion regarding your driving score. If you would like to discuss this and find out how we measure this please call our call centre on 01733 308 380. ~Freddy
HORRENDOUS CUSTOMER SERVICE! Not to mention being ripped off money because the blackbox does not work! They will charge you a big cancellation fee through no fault of your own.
Hello Baxter, I'm very sorry you feel this way. If you would like to discuss the black box or anything relating to your SmartMiles policy please call 01733 308 380. ~Freddy
Hastings Direct Smart Miles is rated 3.40 based on 1,893 reviews