Hastings Direct Smart Miles Reviews

of reviewers recommend Hastings Direct Smart Miles
Read Hastings Direct Smart Miles Reviews

Tell us how Hastings Direct Smart Miles made you happy
A note for any driver who gets the letter of cancellation, call them and cancel the policy yourself this then shouldn't affect any new policy. insured my daughters car with these, after 2 weeks got a letter stating low score and policy will be cancelled. Very strange has she had a perfect 12 months with Direct Line. Even more strange I own a telematics company and have a separate telematics system fitted to her car to record everything that Hastings telematics box is supposed to. on the information i have it shows completely different to Hastings which is a poor quality product with a value of probably £5.00. If your phone is connected to your in vehicle handsfree for use of car Play or Android Auto and is being used for maybe music streaming or just handsfree connection this product marks you down. Anyway good luck to anyone who uses them, have cancelled the policy with them..and moved on....
Hastings you are one big con. My car has been off the road until today when I took it out for a short drive. Firstly I was stuck behind some muppet in a Audi A3 doing 20 everywhere secondly I drive how I always drive like the first day of using the app you were saying I was a excellent driver and now my score is low and you may cancel my policy. I emailed you in the beginning because the original quote on moneysupermarket.com did not state you have to have this black box and you have lied by photo shopping a picture to show you did advertise the black box in the quote. Bunch of crooks avoid all insurance companies are a rip off anyway welcome to the UK but these crooks are probably owned by the government con artists
Inaccurate reporting! First week or two, I was sat at a constant 85, despite getting all ‘perfect’ drives, it wouldn’t go above 85. Intermittent recording data. Apparently the car hasn’t moved all last week, yet I went to work and back for four shifts. I’ve rang up to enquire about supposed ‘phone use’ even tho the car has CarPlay on it so I can control a lot of functions with the touchscreen or my voice yet the system constantly marks me down for ‘phone use’ Now my overall Average has dropped to 67, yet the car has not moved all week due to having a puncture and not finding the locking wheel nut. It’s just making it up as it goes along. I think I will have a rethink and maybe pay a little more in the way of premium than to have this inaccurate spy in the car.
Pathetic how they score you down for hard braking, what if a child runs out ??? Don’t hard brake then you hit a child, absolutely pathetic I’ve only had the thing active for 5 days and currently on score 13, they said it started at 100 but I never saw it above 29, already had threats of it being cancelled, well go ahead because it’s pathetic it’s just a crafty way of them getting you to switch to them. It shouldn’t be allowed
Every 4 from 5 trips are ¨Recored without phone present¨and information for the trip is missing. Always everything on the phone is switch on before driving - bluetooth, mobile internet, location. As a result my score go lower an lower ...
It’s just not a realistic assessment of real-life driving scores. Almost every single drive I get points deducted for Acceleration, Braking, or Cornerning. I’m not going to pretend like I’m a fantastic driver, but the deductions come from a totally unrealistic expectation of what it means to drive on the road. For example, if I’m on a roundabout with low visibility or pulling out at a junction with a blind corner further up (both of which appear on my daily commute), when I make the choice to go, it’s important to accelerate quickly - especially if a vehicle appears once in the middle of the manoeuvre. What am I supposed to do, reverse back into the car behind me? Every drive I get points deducted for this. My score only gets worse, not better. Even though I know that I’m showing a much higher degree of competency on the road. The only time I was getting a perfect score was the first few weeks on the road when I was trawling around the roads absolutely terrified and making every single choice very slowly. Even things like braking too quickly - regardless of whether you include incidents of someone braking quickly in front of you, the amount of time it wants you to take slowing down very gently is genuinely hard to achieve consistently without deduction. I would not recommend this policy to anyone ever. It’s stressful, unfair, and inaccurate. Once this policy has finished, I will not be renewing, regardless of whether or not Hastings offers the cheapest policy. It is truly not worth your money.
Poor service from Hastings Smartmiles. Black box scores never update regardless of how many hundred miles ive done. Doesnt record journeys and says car is in areas that it isnt. I was on phone to them and my car was sitting outside my house but on their system the car was parked up miles away. Ive been threatened with cancellation but because i have challenged this they have given me a week to improve my score. Currently sitting at 39 for months now, 5000 miles later and its still at 39. Insurance will be cancelled if score doesnt go to 40. No data has been updated so no idea how i can do this. The black box is either faulty or sateliette/gps not reaching box. Gives me massive anxiety now and i am sorry i ever went with this company. Think my next step is financial ombudsman as i am clearly not getting what i paid £1500 for.
Avoid Avoid Avoid
Never recommend, not helpful at all. Cancelled insurance due to the data not working, now son had to pay more for insurance and when it gets cancelled it goes against them. It's the black box not working. No fault of my son and yet he gets penalised. Wish I had read the reviews before going with Hastings Direct never again!!!!!
This is the worst insurance company! There customer service is shocking! They have cancelled my insurance because my score is 29! The box doesn’t even know what the speed limits are on the roads! It says I’m on my phone all the time why driving when I’m not! They don’t even call you to tell you your driving policy has been cancelled they just email you! And they won’t give your money back
Want to be constantly worried about your score and being cancelled? then go here! spent more time worrying about my score than driving itself and gave me driving anxiety! these blackbox will never take into account real driving situations or scenarios i.e someone pulls out on you and you get marked down as clearly you're a boy racer. Sent them probably 7 emails well over 2 month ago and heard nothing, funny how they have time to report my trustpilot reviews but not answer support tickets regarding insurance policies.
Cancelled policy based on my drive score. I was never given a reason why my drive score was low, I am an extremely careful driver who had never had a driving penalty. I was contacted on the 23rd April by email (warning my policy would be cancelled on the 14th may). I then phoned Hastings and the lady I spoke to assured me it would not be cancelled and my score was ok, the issue was apparently with data not syncing on their side, and I was told this had been rectified. I was assured my policy would not be cancelled. I found out yesterday they had cancelled my policy without further notice, which is extremely distressing as my car is now left uninsured and Hastings have pocketed 6 months worth of money, the remainder of the policy. I phoned twice today and both times was cut off I had given them my phone number and asked them to call me back in the event of this happening, which neither person did. I would absolutely not recommended Hastings to anyone. You risk being victimised for their poor technology, their customer service is appalling and in this case handling of the case is scandalous, verging on fraudulent.
The app is intermittent at recording trips and says recorded trip but no phone present even though the phone is positioned in the same place every time The tab settings would rather you have a accident than use your brake's to avoid idiot road users that pull out on you or brake suddenly with no warning. The tab is also very sensitive to even moderate acceleration to enter a motorway for example.It's totally unrealistic and dangerous to amble onto a motorway into 70 mph traffic.
Tab only seems to work when it wants , have had problems since day one. Always e mailing to day there going to cancel my policy well go ahead as I won't be renewing it with you .
Ive had no problems with the blackbox scored 100 every journey, wondering how long do you actually keep the blackbox until hastings say you can stop using it?
I had the black box for the first year which marked me down and didn’t go back up after I’d focussed on improving the way I drove. After a year they then said I don’t need a black box, this was fine until I purchased a new car this week and they’ve said that for the same price they’re sending me another box which was NOT part of the policy I paid for.
I got hasting on the 6th of March; around 2 weeks after I was notified that my driving score was low and my insurance may be cancelled. I started watching my driving curves, accelerations, braking etc. In the past two weeks my score is around 85 and overall is 52. I was well chuffed; but just today I got an email informing that my policy is being cancelled because my score is below 0. I have checked my app everyday in the last few weeks and not once my score my been low - still the overall score is above 52 and last 2 weeks score is over 50. Not sure what to do now as they are closed - I have to drop my son to school at 8:30 am and my insurance is cancelled at midnight.
Ive only been using the app and tab since March 2021. It marked me down three times for speeding on a 30mph road, as it thinks its 20mph in places. I have tried disputing it and had an email requesting details and have heard nothing since. I also got marked diwn for accelerating 7 miles in 2.5 seconds! If it wasnt the cheapest (Im on a very low budget) I'd change as it is really making me anxious when driving. I usually have friends or family with me when driving and they think irs a joke. It is so frustrating.
Everything is 90+ but time of day is glued stuck at 0 and it won’t change no matter how long I drive during the acceptable hours. I drove down and back from my Mums (3hr journey) and still didnt increased. I ain’t got a scooby
Hello Thomas, I apologise for any inconvenience caused by this, so we can look into this for you and advise on how to improve this score please call our centre on 01733 308 380. ~Freddy
I'm 48, I have always driven very carefully and never had an accident. But was without a car for many years so got this black box thing as had no no claims. The thing is insanely sensitive. Totally safe braking can give you a fault, normal acceleration gives a fault. Many times this penalised driving to avoid risk. Wouldn't recommend if you have any other options.
Hello there, I apologise you feel this way, to find out how to improve your score please call our SmartMiles team on 01733 308 380. ~Freddy
Hastings Direct Smart Miles is rated 3.39 based on 1,902 reviews