Halifax Insurance Reviews

Read Halifax Insurance Reviews

security@halifax.co.uk

Tell us how Halifax Insurance made you happy
Excellent customer service
Absolutely shocking service from start to finish ive used them twice now both times a $%*$ show first time they insured the wrong property this time I needed to claim the women on the phone prity much told me my policy was useless the person that came out to asses said there was no damage then went on to tell me about the damage that was there I raised a complaint they called me of a with held number I was driving so when asked if I was free to talk I said no just as I was about to explain why the guy just hung up never to call back shocking all round avoid like the plage
Excellent customer service
I searched on confused.com for house insurance and saved over £347 compared to my old insurance. When I proceeded with the offer the Halifax couldn’t offer me a cheaper quote but the reference number I gave them from confused site helped me save a huge amount of money. Would definitely recommend everyone to you use this site. Also I received a £20 petrol voucher.
A freak hailstorm has damaged the top layer of our conservatory roof. I cannot get through on the phone, I had to complete a claim online, this was 21st December, still cannot get through online and no contact. My neighbour had exactly the same incident and he has already had a visit from his insurance company.
Good cempeny
What a load of charlatans. I claimed for damp coming through 3 walls, their answer " the area had not had sufficient millimetres of rain to pay out" ! There's nothing in the policy to say I have to experience a deluge of rain, talk about worming out of paying. Don't touch this company with a barge pole, I wish I hadn't, they are a load of cr.p
I wish I had read the reviews before taking out a Home Insurance Policy with Halifax. I have just been told that my claim for damage to my home contents as a direct result of the recent storms and excessive rain is not valid. Their customer service is a disgrace and it appears that they will go to any length to avoid paying out for claims. My advice would be to avoid this company.
Called today to discuss my renewal price. The agent was really helpful and offered a few options as well as reducing the price.
The policy is a sham, they will do anything to avoid assisting when you need it. I have had a claim free policy for years. My key can open/lock the outside of my front door but I can’t take the key out. Insecure outer locks are covered, but apparently as it will lock it is secure and not covered. Locked door with key in secure? Yes, I am sure the attached home policy would cover a theft in those circumstances, I am off to the financial ombudsman
expensive and if you have to make a claim .they send out a surveyor that works for them and will not sanction the payment. all my banking and insurance is with Halifax for over 30 years first time i have claimed and got refused offed me £25 as a good will jester i refused the offer never go with Halifax.
Very poor service. Notified them of incident on Thursday night. Its process was apparently to send to incident management company who close for the weekend so car hire company can’t release cover car until Monday so no car for three days. Worst still, they started trying to blame the incident company’s processes. I have no idea who they are, I took out my cover with Halifax. Rubbish.
Car insurance did not auto renew and when I tried to renew the premium went up by 33% even though none of the details had changed! Surely something wrong here, but the sales assistants were powerless to honor the renewal premium.
I ve been a loyal customer for over 30 years. Opened an account for my daughter online so she can have a card to shop for me as shops are not accepting cash.

I had to go to the branch with ID to be told they won’t accept anything we took with us. Went back to find them closed. Returned a third time for them to refuse the ID as my daughter has to be there. No compassion, no attempt to compromise or find a solution just simply- well she can’t have an account then. They fell over themselves to offer us a mortgage just a few weeks prior. There were no ‘restrictions’ then and solutions were found on that occasion.

Went online tonight with a different bank. Signed up, rang them, explained my difficulty with out of date passport. They worked with me to find a solution. I scanned the documents and that’s the account opened. 30 minutes and I have no banking history with them. 2 months I tried to open an account with Halifax. They are helpful to make a profitable sale and that is about it.

I don’t usually like leaving negative reviews but after explaining my vulnerabilities and speaking to the complaints department they still claimed it wasn’t their problem.
Re: home insurance
I phoned today to ask a question regarding my daughter starting a baking business from home.
I was asked all the usual security questions but as I couldn't remember whether I paid for my insurance with a credit or debit card, (9 months ago) I could go no further.
I knew exactly how much I paid and on which date and I offered to give the last 4 digits of both my cards, to be checked but no.
No questions allowed. No resolution.
Plan cancel and get insured with someone sensible.
Can not fault Halifax. First home insurance claim so didn’t know what to expect. Fee had an extensive water leak under the floor boards so had to remove half of a relatively newly fitted kitchen to access it. The process was easy to follow online and agents kept us updated. The claim was paid without any issues.
This is the worst insurance service i have ever had to deal with. I made my claim for my phone, they sent me another reconditioned phone, when i received it i couldn't get any reception there was a data error on the phone and the phone kept turning off (clearly hadn't been tested prior to it being sent out). When i called them to advise them that they had sent me a fault pohone within 24hrs of receiving it i was advised that i had to go through their warranty process which is a joke when its their fault for sending me a faulty phone in the first place, my phone should have been replaced immediately without any issues. I have now been without a phone for almost 2 weeks and still not heard anything of when i will be receiving my phone back. it is a joke, you spend hundreds on the policy and excess and this is the service you get for it, its a joke and i will be cancelling as soon as i have my phone back.
Horrendous customer service. We took out what seemed to be a comprehensive home insurance policy. We have attempted to make two claims. We were covered for both scenarios. The first time we were told to go to the expense of fixing the problem ourselves and then they might reimburse us. The second time, they refused to pay for a fridge/freezer which was damaged when the power went out in our home because nobody could confirm it in a report, even though it was impossible for this to happen unless they were there at the time. Absolute cowboys who will use any loophole to fail to provide the service they have signed up to provide. STAY AWAY FROM THESE COWBOYS!!!
Life cover.
So , took out decreasing life cover with Halifax 15 yrs ago as part of mortgage.
Fast forward 15 yrs and i needed to make a claim on the critical illness cover section as I've been diagnosed with 2 different types of cancer.
Called up and made my claim , all went through with no issues.
Get a phone call 2 days later to say they're sorry but my policy doesn't have critical illness cover.
When i took out this policy i was explicit in what i needed it for , as i already had ample death benefits from different sources and my mortgage would be paid by sick pay for a period of 12 months then all i actually wanted was the critical illness cover i was missing .
I'm now having to go through their complaints procedure and i dare say to the financial ombudsman as well.
So far they've only provided documentation that to be honest i could have knocked up on my laptop it 5 mins. They're failed to provide the original documents ( surprise surprise) . At the very least this has been mis sold at worst its down right fraudulent and at a time when tbh i could do without the stress.
Its now been 5 weeks since I've tried to claim and received a text message saying they need another 4 weeks . Surely if they could miraculously provide 1 set of supposed documentation then they should be able to find others just as quick.
I'm beginning to think that if they delay it long enough then I'll die , then they will say sorry you only had critical illness cover .
Total rip off merchants , untrustworthy, dishonest and downright wa****.
AVOID HALIFAX AT ALL COSTS
I have had no claims or alteration on cover but my premium has just increased by over £150 (61%). They told me on the phone that this is not unusual and they could do very little about it. I would advise people to avoid Halifax... most good reviews on here are for purchasers but there are no good reviews when people are making claims which is what you're paying for.
Halifax Insurance is rated 2.85 based on 376 reviews