Halifax Insurance Reviews

73% of reviewers recommend Halifax Insurance
Telephone

How would you rate Halifax Insurance ?

"Disgraceful service. Told I have no claim as my leaking roof is a flat bed and is subject to deterioration due to weather change! Then told after a five minute call that this would be recorded as an unsuccessful claim and my premiums would go up. Now have to wait 3 days for customer care to contact me as I am not accepting this."
"The worst insurance company I’ve ever dealt with. They list evidence of a call I made to them requesting legal expense cover and now are refusing to provide this service. Please avoid this sham of a company like the plague."
"Lost roof tiles due to a storm but because the wind over 20miles away wasn't classed as storm worthy they won't cover us! Absolute farce!"
"The worst insurance company I've ever dealt with. Awful staff, awful service, excesses are higher than average and it's almost impossible to make a claim. I've tried to claim for damage to a shower wall after a pipe was leaking behind it - not covered. Damage to ceiling from leaking shower - covered but £350 excess. Asked them to investigate wet brickwork - they won't send anyone. I will never use them again."
"CAR SALARY SACRIFICE - be aware!!! My new car insurance company Halifax have rejected my no claims discount letter as although the letter states I was the sole driver the policy is in my old companies name! I am FUMING!!! I told Halifax to shove it! Surely to god, there are loads of people that are in the same scheme that will buy their own car eventually! Halifax threatened to cancel the policy, so I told him to ##### do it anyway! 🤬 Waleed Hussain, supervisor Halifax Insurance - your moment of fame! I’m off!!!"
"Car insurance, auto-renews. No option to cancel auto-renewal online. No address given for post. 30 minutes of really bad hold to get through to customer service - then it all goes well. Don't seem to have enough handlers, don't tell you how long the wait is, no option to avoid auto-renewal other than by phone."
"I am not usually one to write reviews on companies unless they are acceptionally good or acceptionally bad.. unfortunately this is for the latter... If you expect to get a decent and fair settlement figure when going through a claims process do not go to Halifax for home insurance. Having lost my diamond from my engagement ring I am over 12 weeks into a dispute where they are only offering me just over half of what my ring is insured for. It is valued higher than what it’s insured for too, which makes the situation worse. They are still dragging out the process and saying they need more time. Not happy at all as all I want is a fair settlement figure for a very valuable and sentimental piece of jewellery. They are also holding my engagement ring band until the issue has been resolved. It is my property. Customer service and communication has been very poor. I have on several occasions asked for proof of valuation stating all information in relation to the valuation they have been supplied by Goldsmith’s Jewellers, this has never arrived. I have provided proof on two occasions from a diamond merchant that it’s impossible to come up with such a low figure - they have chosen to ignore this information provided. I could go on with this review but I think this says enough in itself. I hope people will think twice about using this insurance company."
"Terrible service"
"Awful customer service. For a short term / car changeover lots of hidden fees. Paid for a full year of breakdown cover which couldn't be transferred to a new car. Ended up paying 1/3 of the annual price for just 3 weeks cover. Communication was awful, tried to send emails, only seem to act like robots on the phone. Just a corporatation that cares about money and not genuine customers. God forbid making a claim with them. I will never use of recommend again. My information was also sold onto third parties. Which is not ok and a breach of data protection."
"Stay away from these guys at all cost. A Claim from 2013 still not paid out and it’s now the middle of 2018. They tried every dirty trick in the book from the outset to mess us up. Left us in a wet and mouldy property with no assistance. Unqualified, overzealous and unhelpful claims managers. In 2018 we finally got a final decision so we could take the issue to the ombudsman. 5years on we are with the adjudicator who has ruled in our favour, halifax still don’t agree so now we are waiting for the ombudsmans final ruling."
"Whatever you do don’t go near Halifax buildings and contents insurance. I made my first claim this morning ever. I was flooded out by my neighbour upstairs due to a blocked down pipe, the water went up into his partially blocked sink and came down into my bedroom. I had to phone the fire brigade to gain access to his flat-because he was on holiday. My bedroom, ceiling, carpets and lighting were soaked. I had no electricity all weekend. Because I had never made a claim I had a clause in my insurance which included any excess would be waivered amongst others “flood”. I was informed that I would be liable for £500 excess as I didn't have a flood it was an “escape of water”Also to top it off my premium would go up next year. I think this is one for RIp off Britain. 32 years I have been with Halifax buildings and Contents They pretend to reward you for not claiming then play with words so that you end up the loser. Tell me what is the difference between a flood and an escape of water. My bedroom was flooded out from upstairs. My ceiling might be ready to fall down and Halifax never even offered to send someone out to inspect it when I asked. I was told to source my own tradesman. A case of they take your premium over a 32year period and when push comes to shove they punish you financially Be very careful when you take out Halifax Building and contents it’s not what it seems. I am retired and can not afford extra expense"
"Took out car insurance with this company ....absolutely disgusting customer service and one to definitely avoid .... had an accident where 3rd party hit me on wrong side of road. The underwriters ageas informed me the third party had admitted liability. Halifax unprofessional unable to process information and now claiming I'm due to pay excess and lose my no claims when other party have clearly admitted liability. If you want an insurance company to look after you in a car accident this IS NOT the one ....avoid this company at all costs ."
"Wast of time. Told them we had a leak under floor in utility room. Big mistake. Now they won’t fix it. Cause they wanted to find it!!!!!! Don’t waste your money on this insurance policy....."
"Called monday morning after having my car stolen with my house keys in, had my locks changed by 5pm same day. Cant complain."
"The Home Emergency Policy. The company that does the repairs in incompetent, (HOME SERVICE PLUS 01252313550) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES USE THIS SERVICE!!!!! I HAVE BEEN LIED TO, AND EXPECTED TO STAY IN ON 3 DAYS FOR THE ENTIRE DAY, BECAUSE THEY DO NOT SEEM CAPABLE OF ORGANISING A MORNING OR AFTERNOON APPOINTMENT!!!"
"I called Halifax to cancel my policy on the renewal date. I was assured that the policy had been cancelled yet 5 days later the full annual premium was deducted from my account. After calling to complain I was assured that a refund would be made ‘within 14 days’. I wasn’t happy with this and requested for someone from Complaints Deprtment Management to call me back to discuss the situation. This call has still not been received. I don’t understand how a supposedly professional company can operate in this way - especially when such a large amount of money is taken from my account without authorisation. I would therefore strongly recommend that readers of this review be aware of my experience of this company and be careful about using them for insurance purposes."
"The cost of swapping my insurance over to my new car for the remaining 6 months of my policy was quoted at £280 which is almost as much as I paid upfront for the entire 12 months (approx £320). To cancel the policy a fee of £55 was applied, a high premium for very little work. Despite asking for an explanation a number of times, a clear answer could not be provided. £280 to swap over or £55 to cancel = screwed over either way."
"Halifax Emergency insurance will not fix the leak from a pipe above our dining room as they don't know where it is leaking from. Finding the leak is nothing to do with the Emergency insurance cover, it is up to the Home Insurance to find the leak. Home Insurance says that it nothing to do with them and it is for the Emergency Insurance to find and fix the leak. Bounced from one to another. and finally got the instruction that if I wanted the leak fixed, then I should get my to get my own plumber. So much for having insurance with Halifax."
"Your customer service ethos is none existent and you use any and all options available to you in order to minimise any claim value irrespective of the moral or ethical intricacies of the case. I will never use your businesses again in any way, shape or form."
"I bought a 2015 VW Cabriolet at the beginning of April 2018. I have been driving for 37 years with no accidents or ever claiming on any insurance. I sent them the necessary no claims. Unknown to me they didn't accept it, but didn't notify me and just simply decided to cancel my policy. I was driving my car with no insurance and it was Easter weekend. I only realised as I had been out all weekend, when I checked my emails on the bank holiday Monday. I was absolutely horrified. There was excuse after excuse. I would never recommend this company to anyone!!"
Halifax Insurance is rated 3.78 based on 199 reviews