Halifax Insurance Reviews

70% of reviewers recommend Halifax Insurance

Tell us how Halifax Insurance made you happy

Telephone
"Declared points on licence to Halifax - Halifax failed to pass information on to underwriter. Insurance now cancelled."
"Possibly the best money I’ve ever spent. Apart from holdtime - the 24-hour emergency are brilliant!"
"I had a car insurance quote thru GO Compare website. Clicked on buying it now then went through the payment section. Payment Unsuccessful, a message came up. Tried it with another Visa card, still, no luck tried with another bank card still no joy. I decided to ring Halifax Insurance tel number and quoting the Reference number, She took all the card details still no luck. I decided to ring my bank, who advised me that there is no STOP on my account and the payment should be cleared without any problems. All my 3 Banks had sufficient funds available to clear the payment. After making at least 7 attempts, Halifax Insurance agent tells me that they will not be able to insure as more than required attempts have been made. I am free to go to any other insurance company. I went to the Bank of Scotland who comes under the same banking Group (Lloyds Banking Group), and the payment cleared on the first attempt. Halifax should have made the effort to look into their payment system and establish if there is any problem with their system rather than blaming me. In fact, my bank was holding on one phone while I was on another phone with Halifax, but after 30 minutes they decided that they can not hold any longer. All this saga took me nearly three hours which should have been the most 20 minutes."
"I have emergency home cover my boiler as broke down this tea time I have tried three times to contact them on the EMERGENCY number and have been on hold for over one hour first time 40 mins the second and 13 mins the third still can not get in touch so I have no heating or hot water if I get any other tradesman my policy will be void I have to contact them first before having any work done Help"
"You ask - "Sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with Halifax Insurance, What went wrong?" My response - Nothing has gone wrong, I won't allow it to. I insured my house, buildings and contents, last year for £269 and got £50 back after 70 days, happy with that (I was) but, the renewal documents have just arrived in the post and they're asking £297, sounded fair. No cash back offered, that made me try a little experiment. I went on compare the market using an incognito page and reversed the names of me and my partner, her name first, my name second and used the identical criteria that was used last year - same answer for everything. The quote received for identical cover was £129.20 No wonder insurers get a bad rep., they give nothing in return for loyalty and, as we all know, it's much more expensive attracting new business than it is to keep existing clients. Why are some so called marketing gurus so stupid as to try this trick year after year after year. Halifax, you had me, Halifax - you've lost me."
"Or not happy,took out building and contents policy in June unfortunately electrics went haywire Sunday, people came Monday fixed certain things including heating but no hot water 2visits later still no hot water and now home emergency say they are done, although Halifax are trying to do something about it, not too much effort there,we have had to do all the chasing still waiting a phone call, still dealing with incompetence, not sure I would renew policy, never had this much problem before"
"Eventually paid out for the loss of my fiancees engagement ring, after hours of wrangling with them and their valuers Goldsmiths. If you find a reputable insurer at a similar price, I would recommend going with them instead."
"Charge for every adjustment to car insurance policy even when it is their fault. Do not investigate fraudulent claims from other parties even when we had photographic evidence that there was no damage, they simply paid out and then raised our premium. Awful company, they are clearly in the business just to rip off customers. DO NOT USE THEM."
"After reading the reviews on other sites I was wary when I had to ring to change payment date after a technical glitch online . But I have to say the customer service adviser was pleasant , helpful and even rang me back when she had sorted it.so I’m impressed at her efficiency."
"Changed excess with out my knowledge from £150 to £400 only found out when I needed to claim been with them 7 years,disgusting very happy to take your money but don't pay up !!!!!!!"
"Two points 1. I have just moved home, phoned HALIFAX car insurance to change my address I was told that it would cost £25.Earlier my wife phoned HALIFAX and was not charged.After a long time on the phone my charge was wavered, with the following reason,.It is up to the discretion of the operative. 2. Received my insurance renewal,great shock it has risen by 45%. I contacted HALIFAX to ask why, they could not explain .after escalating the call to a manager ,again they did not know ,saying it could be due to various conditions....question to the manager please explain what are the changes, the reply was the same....various possible reasons.I was also told that if I wanted I could cancel my policy.. HALIFAX don’t you want my business?."
"I had to cancel my insurance policy due to selling my vehicle. I was met with a lot of jargon and talk of how much money they could get out of me. Then for 5 days I was bombarded with texts and letters regarding an extortionate cancellation fee. Will never use Halifax for anything again. Not a good experience at all. Also I didn't receive my no claims bonus as promised."
"Disgraceful service. Told I have no claim as my leaking roof is a flat bed and is subject to deterioration due to weather change! Then told after a five minute call that this would be recorded as an unsuccessful claim and my premiums would go up. Now have to wait 3 days for customer care to contact me as I am not accepting this."
"The worst insurance company I’ve ever dealt with. They list evidence of a call I made to them requesting legal expense cover and now are refusing to provide this service. Please avoid this sham of a company like the plague."
"Lost roof tiles due to a storm but because the wind over 20miles away wasn't classed as storm worthy they won't cover us! Absolute farce!"
"The worst insurance company I've ever dealt with. Awful staff, awful service, excesses are higher than average and it's almost impossible to make a claim. I've tried to claim for damage to a shower wall after a pipe was leaking behind it - not covered. Damage to ceiling from leaking shower - covered but £350 excess. Asked them to investigate wet brickwork - they won't send anyone. I will never use them again."
"CAR SALARY SACRIFICE - be aware!!! My new car insurance company Halifax have rejected my no claims discount letter as although the letter states I was the sole driver the policy is in my old companies name! I am FUMING!!! I told Halifax to shove it! Surely to god, there are loads of people that are in the same scheme that will buy their own car eventually! Halifax threatened to cancel the policy, so I told him to ##### do it anyway! 🤬 Waleed Hussain, supervisor Halifax Insurance - your moment of fame! I’m off!!!"
"Very easy made simple to use no awkward questions very easy"
"Car insurance, auto-renews. No option to cancel auto-renewal online. No address given for post. 30 minutes of really bad hold to get through to customer service - then it all goes well. Don't seem to have enough handlers, don't tell you how long the wait is, no option to avoid auto-renewal other than by phone."
"I am not usually one to write reviews on companies unless they are acceptionally good or acceptionally bad.. unfortunately this is for the latter... If you expect to get a decent and fair settlement figure when going through a claims process do not go to Halifax for home insurance. Having lost my diamond from my engagement ring I am over 12 weeks into a dispute where they are only offering me just over half of what my ring is insured for. It is valued higher than what it’s insured for too, which makes the situation worse. They are still dragging out the process and saying they need more time. Not happy at all as all I want is a fair settlement figure for a very valuable and sentimental piece of jewellery. They are also holding my engagement ring band until the issue has been resolved. It is my property. Customer service and communication has been very poor. I have on several occasions asked for proof of valuation stating all information in relation to the valuation they have been supplied by Goldsmith’s Jewellers, this has never arrived. I have provided proof on two occasions from a diamond merchant that it’s impossible to come up with such a low figure - they have chosen to ignore this information provided. I could go on with this review but I think this says enough in itself. I hope people will think twice about using this insurance company."
Halifax Insurance is rated 3.68 based on 212 reviews