Flux Direct Reviews

36% of reviewers recommend Flux Direct

How would you rate Flux Direct ?

"I recently insured my Voltswagon Caddy… I recently insured my Voltswagon Caddy with Flux Direct. All went through fine. This morning, one month from start date, I received a letter to say I owed them £87.40 apparently, to mirror image my no claim bonus from my other car. Nothing about this mentioned when I signed up. I called them this morning, a total of thirty two minutes , being passed from pillar to post. they would not drop the extra charge, They are an absolute rip off company! Read all the reviews you can before signing up with them...I wish I had! I will now duly cancel my insurance with them ."
"Avoid this company. Took an insurance policy with them for my learner cover - fantatic nothing wrong with them at all. 10months later, pass my test insurance my car on full licence cover, had to pay £151 every month and was FORCED into having a smartbox fitted to my car. The smartbox they provide with thier insyurance cover is nothing short of a nightmare. I had sleepless night for a whole year worrying about what 'score' the smartbox was going to give me each morning for my previous days driving. The box told me I was speeding even though I was well in the speed limits. If you don't want a smartbox, to be mugged off or told ypu ha e to pay X amount for a new smartbox - AVIOD this company like a bad smell."
"Very poor company"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 4 days ago
Abdallah Jaddou
Verified Reviewer
"I thought the reviews were perhaps exaggerations and went with FLUX as they provided the cheapest quote. I moved house and wanted to change the address. This company wanted 60% of the original premium on top. I moved less than 200m from the original address. When I asked to leave the address as it is (as I still own the house and would leave the car in its garage) they still wanted an additional £444! This was "officially" marked as a change of correspondence address. I then got a letter confirming the charge, and where the additional premium price should've been, it said "INSERTAMOUNTHERE". Obviously its a mail merge letter and although they state that they get the figures from the underwriter, I have had verbal confirmation from the underwriter stating that the amount is way over what they would charge. Not double, but about 480% more. These people are simply middle-men. Not good ones at that. EXTREMELY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE. REGULARLY ON HOLD FOR AT LEAST 20 MIN TO AN 0844/0344 NUMBER BEFORE SPEAKING TO ONE OF THEIR REPS. THEY ENTICE WITH CHEAP INITIAL RATE. EVENTUALLY, THEY WILL TRY TO RUIN YOUR CREDIT HISTORY AND INSIST ON EXORBITANT FEES. PAY PEANUTS, GET MONKIES. STAY AWAY. DON'T DO WHAT I DID AND IGNORE OTHER REVIEWS. THEY ARE AS BAD AS OTHERS CLAIM."
"DO NOT USE!!!! AVOID WITH YOUR LIFE!!!!! I used FluxDirect to buy myself some PROVISIONAL car insurance on a 1.2 fiat punto. I advised the staff when booking this that I would rarely be driving the car unless it was a weekend, they didn't explain any offers or additions that could of been purchased instead of buying the full everyday cover. I then hit some unforseen circumstances and made the staff aware that I couldn't be able to pay the installments anymore and would like to cancel my policy - they cancelled it and charged me £400 over three months. EVERY SINGLE MONTH once I have cancelled it the money has NOT been taken from the account provided and I have had to ring them and chase them for hours on end to take the money whilst they have sat back and done nothing but send me threatening letters with the courts and baliffs. Once I fibnally got through to them on each day every month, they apologised for the letters and had NO PROBLEM withdrawing the money from the account (The money was sat there for months). Because of all this lack of effort by the Billing department and Customer Services, I have had multiple threatening letters and also now have a seriously damaged credit score. Please bare in mind, the money for the insurance was available, they had just not attempted to take it even after a recorded conversation of them admitting they would. THE WORST COMPANY EVER!!!!!!!!!!"
"This company is rubbish that I ended up cancelling my insurance with then within a month. They were all rude whilst talking to them. Wouldn't recommend them at all"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 week ago
"WORST COMPANY. WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE. AVOID! AVOID! They will ask you 50 million documents and proofs just to end up charging you more or cancell your policy within 7days. I have never had such a bad experience with a company! Adding on that the poor customer service will keep you on hold for hours and no skills at all."
"I would never use this company I used them to insure my car the cancelled 7 days later. I felt like I was getting interrogated, having to sign and confirm about the mileage I am doing and if I I go 1 mile over the contract will be void.. I have never had to do this with any other insurance company. I feel like anyway shape or form they were trying to get money out of me. I would highly recommend not to use this company!"
"Unable to cancel if you have given your credit card number to them and they will try to find ways to let you pay more and more and more........."
"Once I'd agreed to take out my insurance with this company they then requested photocopies of my driving license and written signed confirmation to say that my car was garaged overnight, every night, which made me wonder if my car happened to be out one night and happened to get stolen, would my car be covered. I will not be renewing my insurance with this company."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 weeks ago
Rachel James
Verified Reviewer
"AVOID, AVOID, AVOID!! My 17 year old Daughter took out a learner policy with them and when she passed her test had to pay £155 for the privilege of cancelling. Horrendous, aggressive customer service representatives. His name was Stuart apparently (he refused to tell me his name for about 15 minutes). I made a complaint and had random figures that meany nothing to me. It is complete extortion and daylight robbery!!! They took the direct debit payment then sent my 17 year old daughter a "lovely" email stating she owed £85 and if it wasn't paid within 10 days they would send a debt collector! She is under age for credit and the credit agreement is in my name and how disgraceful to treat a young girl this way. If they had informed of how to pay the extra £85 I would have done so. The email I had told me to continue with the DD as agreed and no mention that I had to pay within 10 days. BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU SIGN UP TO!!! "Stuart" kindly informed me it's my own fault as I took the online policy and should understand what i'm signing up to. I have cancelled with other insurance companies in the past and just paid the usual £30 cancellation fee. DISGRACEFUL!!!"
"They are a good insurance company.As a learner driver they were a good value for money and was quiet cheap. But after renewing my insurance it is more expensive than others. However I have renewed with them for my insurance as the customer service is great and they are very helpful and they will help you if you have any queries which speaking to other insurers they don’t do this as well"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 weeks ago
"i moved home ,went to update my address next minute policys cancelled ,new policy needed to be started or i would receive 401.00 refund I'm entitled to , then refund not added to new price , get pushed from pillar to post , absolutely shocking .would not recommend or use again"
"Good quote and good service so far"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 3 weeks ago
"They cancelled my insurance, retained my deposit, retained the first months payment then tried to offer me my insurance policy back once I had obtained insurance from another company. Since then they have sent a debt of over £300 to a debt collector in my name saying that I cancelled on them! This is unethical and should be illegal. Getting a third party to bully someone for money they don’t owe is the action taken by Flux Direct. BE WARNED! THEY WILL RIP YOU OFF AND USE INTIMIDATION TO OBTAIN FURTHER PAYMENTS FROM YOU THAT WERE NEVER DUE! FLUX DIRECT I WILL SEE YOU IN COURT!"
"i wouldn't recommend flux direct to my worst enemy The quote offered on the comparison sites is cheap for a reason ...... Poor call centre experience on the phone for an hour before deciding to cancel flux direct staff giving misleading information and appearing to not know what they are doing the results being flux direct wanting to increase policy cost from initial quote. When you object and wish to cancel you are put on hold for several minutes before the cancellation team swear blind that it was your fault and refuse to accept any responsibility for their poor communication (even referring to recorded telephone interaction you had but neglecting to divulge the important parts that put them in the wrong). I asked for a copy of the transcript and was told it would be £15. I got a better deal with a rival company within minutes of cancelling with these cowboys Beware."
"Avoid this company if you are learning to drive. They are misleading and will rip you off. In very small print you discover after you pass your test that you will be charged a % of your premium if you are paying monthly, to cancel and take out a new policy - which you HAVE to do the minute you pass. I was warned by a friend and failed to listen. Use at your peril they are a terrible company"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 4 weeks ago
"Very expensive as they where the only modified van insurance company I could find."
(Van Insurance) - Posted 1 month ago
"Every thing seems ok but I have had noclaimsso I have had no contact just waiting for renewal in August see what the price is"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 month ago
"Very good, pleasant to deal with"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 month ago