Flux Direct Reviews

34% of reviewers recommend Flux Direct
11PM
11PM

Tell us how Flux Direct made you happy

"Avoid this car insurance company as suggested by other reviewers. Their strategy is get you onboard with a cheap price and try to get more money from you by so called validation process. When you want to cancel within 1 ton2 days they will charge you whatever they like to charge. I bough a car insurance from them and get a call from them to validate something for me. Finally they told me my car park place is not right so they asked for £50 more and I agreed by 5 mins later when I log to the same website where I bought this policy and changed the parking place the price is the same. I rang back for 2 hours back and forth nobody cares about this and no one could explain why this change cost me £50 which doesn’t show on the broker website. I decide to buy another policy from different company and want to cancel this one. The lady from the cancellation team told me I have to pay £22 on the first day. Then I bought my new policy. The second day morning I called the cancellation team, another lady told me I have to pay £124 pound for one day and 9 hours insurance. I asked her why it’s £23 yesterday only 9 hours later it’s £124. The phone was cut off because I was in the tube. later I called them again the figure changed to £61. They told me the admin charge is £25 and underwriter charge is £36. This company is a 100% scam, they tried to squeeze every penny from you. Don’t go with them in your life if you want them to pay you back. You are day dreaming. I have call recorded , will escolate to FOS if I didn’t hear from them within 5 days. I swear they trained their stuffs to professionally cheat"
Are you Flux Direct? No one is perfect. Reply to this negative review and show your potential customers that you value the feedback Flux Direct receives and that when things do go wrong you do your best to put things right. Reply Free
"Flux direct - It's a biggest scam ever - run faster as you can, worst customer service- instead of listening to the customer issues argue with them and rather than helping them to resolve issues- simply hang up. Flux direct charged me £79 quid for one day after I paid my premium without realising the reputation and reviews left by genuine customers. so I decided to cancel the policy the very next day. I had to pay £79 pounds for a day and i was told if I had received the black box which I hadnt than £159 on top. Please try and find another reputable insurance company and pay an extra £50 quid but do not fall into a trap of the unprofessional, unethical whose aim is maximise profit and not to provide customer service but instead marginalised treating badly innocent customers."
"Flux direct - It's a biggest scam ever - run faster as you can, worst customer service- instead of listening to the customer issues argue with them and rather than helping them to resolve issues- simply hang up. Flux direct charged me £79 quid for one day after I paid my premium without realising the reputation and reviews left by genuine customers. so I decided to cancel the policy the very next day. I had to pay £79 pounds for a day and i was told if I had received the black box which I hadnt than £159 on top. Please try and find another insurance company and pay an extra £50 quid but do not fall into a trap of the unprofessional, unethical whose aim is maximise profit and not to provide customer service but instead marginalised treating badly innocent customers."
"As several others have said, and far far more. Being through, I try to always read ALL of the small print. Highlighting no less than 20 errors in their documentation, it took over three weeks to 'iron out' the disparities and to sort their demands (many of which that no other insurer requests!). These guys were £100 cheaper (on a £400 policy) than the next cheapest, but BOY do I wish I'd paid more and gone with a reputable company. Now I've been charged £70+ for a change of date on the single conviction (SP30) I have because apparently moving the date by a few months makes me more of an insurance risk - despite the 25+ years I've been driving without any accidents ever... Try to cancel and you'll be hit with a £30 charge you aren't aware of before you sign up (as naturally these terms aren't clearly shown before you pay). Do yourself a favour - avoid and go somewhere reputable and save yourself the stress and hassle."
"Big mistake taking insurance out with Flux direct (cheapest quote on mearkat). They wanted so much more information than other companies , don't now why they need pic of driving licences, DVLA records and signed declarations on milage and parking locations .... I asked for a phone back to discuss which never did. Now cancelled my policy and am sticking with my existing insurer , yes I lost £30 handling fee too ! Avoid this company"
"Nearly 25 minutes on hold then a ridiculously high quote. And they won’t refund any of the balance that I am owed from the insurance I took out when my son was learning."
"Rubbish insurance company.. wish I didn’t go with them.. They asked me to send in no claims bonus proof which o sent to them.. next thing I know they’ve sent me a cancellation with charges. apparantly I didn’t send the information in the right format that they wanted.. letter headed with an expiry date.. They didn’t tell me this or inform me when I sent the. Wrong information. Nobody should go with company."
"Absolutely terrible customer service. Took out a policy for my son. Spent nearly £2000 on insurance eventhough I'm a named driver on the policy they refuse to even speak to me about about a query. Very rude on the phone and kept talking over me. Now have to pay £30 because the box fell off! 😠"
"all OK but you are never that sure until it comes to a claim but not needed to claim so nothing really to say"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 weeks ago
"The whole process was done in a satisfactory and professional manner."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 weeks ago
"Let’s just say it’s a shame I even had to give 1 star. This company is an absolute rip off, they will do anything for money in their pocket. I set up my insurance last year and a few week later they sent a letter out to me advising they needed bills, photo ID or they’d cancel my policy. I sent these to them and then had another letter saying they hadn’t received them so my policy would be cancelled I phoned them up and argued the fact that I had already sent them and they said they would extend the time for me to send them again. I heard nothing back and then had a letter to say my policy would be cancelled FOR NO REASON! This was last year bearing in mind I’ve had two cars since the one that this insurance was for and I’ve now received a letter to say I owe them £183.41 and I can assure you I won’t be paying that till they can prove evidence as to why I owe that! (Apparently it’s cancellation fee but they can lower it to £90 if I pay today so clearly just want more money!)I have since been insured with another company and had no trouble what so ever."
"I wouldn't recommend Flux Direct to my worst enemy. I was insured for a short period by Adrian Flux "their sister company", probably a tax dodge... They cancelled my policy due to apparently not providing the requested documents which I sent 12 times!!! Tried to bill me and I obviously didn't pay as it was their issue not mine "now passed on to a singing and dancing debt recovery company", they have also added a claim to my insurance records which never happened, I have never claimed a thing in my life. Also going back to when my policy came to an end with these crooks I spoke to a very rude woman on the phone and after the call ended she had forgotten to hang up, as I listened I could hear her cursing about me to her colleagues calling me every word under the sun, then realising that I was listening "the f!! ing c!!!t still on the phone oh sh!!!" also there is a Facebook group full of various posts from people who have been done over by this company. Please avoid this insurance company, they are a complete con and a total nightmare."
"A bit expensive but it was expected after a mistake by my previous provider who accidently gave wrong information to me as i was renewing. It was too late to do anything else but accept a more expensive Insurer as my Insurance was due before i received an apology so had no other choice but to accept Flux's offer."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 3 weeks ago
"Setting up the policy was easy and straight forward."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 3 weeks ago
"I found the cancellation charges were extreme. Customer service was slow. Would not reccommend or use again."
"The WORST insurance company I have ever dealt with. Unhelpful, do not explain their 'telematics' policy and then harass you constantly and threaten do cancel your policy and reduce it to third party if the box thing is not charged up enough. I asked them how to charge it if I don't use the car much and they said 'leave the engine running until it is charged'!!!! When I said I no longer wanted the box and agreed with them to up the policy slightly they charged me £165 for 'this box' that I never agreed to in the first place. DISGUSTING MISLEADING SERVICE - they really deserve ZERO stars!"
"Not impressed, misleading info provided, important info not disclosed (has been referred to Ombudsman) cancellation charges excessive, phone reps poor, won't be back!"
"Worse customer service ever. Ripping you off with canceletion fees."
"Short ,this company is atrocious"
"Amazing phone manner. Dealt with amazingly. Couldn't fault Nel one bit - an asset to the company!"
Flux Direct is rated 2.51 based on 355 reviews