First Insurance Reviews

68% of reviewers recommend First Insurance

How would you rate First Insurance ?

We need a working email address to verify that your review is genuine.

189 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about First Insurance in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
"Poor customer service! They don't inform you of hidden charges! So glad I cancelled and will NEVER deal with them and will inform everyone I know to do the same. Am pursuing a claim with the Financial Ombudsman. They are a complete JOKE!"
Kieran O'Brien
Unverified Reviewer
"Tried to take out a policy, was phoned by a very rude salesperson. completely put me off taking a policy out"
"I had finished my contract 20.01.2017 with first insurance and get new car insurance with other company . but the first calculate new insurance for 2018 and start charging 128 pound my bank account also they refused to give me my no claim bones .they ask for cancellation fee which I didn't sign .they first company is a robber do not wast you money with them."
"First time taking out van insurance, never knew it would be so difficult from start to finish. Now two months later they have penalised me for one word I said wrong, this company has got me into debt, very poor customer service"
"Absolute nightmare, try to keep you on the expensive phone line as long as possible every time. Repeatedly ask for proof of no claims bonus when they’ve been sent it several times. This company was cheap for a reason....rubbish, avoid!"
"We had an accident NOT OUR FAULT Car repaired in quick time had to pay 200 pounds excess up front. Despite many phone calls STILL have not had 200 pounds back. Have jumped through many hoops since August and here we are at Christmas with not even a phone call. I am not impressed."
"I wouldn't recommend this insurance to any one I would suggest that you look for a better insurance company as these are are nothing more than a bunch of cowboys. They failed to take a direct debit then when I phoned up they'd cancelled the policy without getting in touch and tried to get more than double the money that was outstanding and said it was for another policy. I would definitely give the recommendation to use another insurance company if you don't want to get ripped off by these clowns."
"It is okay cool"
Steven C Walker
Verified Reviewer
"Line person sorted out my problems in a very profession and Curtis manor . Enjoyed chatting with this person , he put me at ease and displayed the perfect Rappaport with my good self . Wish more staff were like him ."
" Rubbish renewal, offering me the cheapest quote at £1623 after a year, after starting on £1545 and I haven't any claim made. If you would like to cancel and you are late with 24 hours you have to pay £96 for cancelation. Saying that it was automatic renewal. Did a search on Compare the market and got numerous offers around £700 - 800. Don't waste your time with them."
"I was insured through them with aviva. Tried to charge me £80.00 when I bought a new car to amend my details, aviva don’t charge for amendments. When I renewed it was £140.00 dearer than quote me happy! Guess who was the insurer with quote me happy, you guessed it Aviva. RIP off"
"DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME! Spent 20 minutes putting details in go compare, only to be redirected to their site, spend more time putting more details in, for them to say sorry we cannot process at the moment, call you instantly on an outbound sales call, to spend another 30 minutes while they ask you every question again, to then increase the quote from go compare by 25%. Just an insurance broker."
"Dealt with my claim OK"
"Dealt with my ok"
"Keep pestering me even after I canceled my insurance. I have been with them for over 2 years no satisfaction at all they document upload is sit (they never get it) every single week they phone you up and say it's my fault (it's easy to check your driving license up for them at DVLA as any other proper company have it.) I payed for them £65 over 2 years and now they lift it up £87 a mouth no ideal why I couldn't read they documents on my email about the price till the last minute and they still pestering me WHY I LEFT and they do better deal. NO WAY JOSE. DON'T BELIEVE THEM they lying. (They cancelled my one of my policy without let me know it was a bit of headache at the police station but luckily I proved it!) Thank you very much. Go to compare.com it's better do not go on first central it is a lot's of crap same company as such."
"They quote a price online, ask random questions like how much I paid for a personal registration plate. Then add over £200 to the original quote without any reason... after the pleasure of waiting on the phone for over an hour. Really unprofessional service for a business trying to make a sale ...I can only imagine if I had to make a claim with them. Lucky escape I think - thank you for trying to rip me off First!"
"Rubbish renewal, offering me the cheapest quote at £2000 after a year, after starting on £1000. Did a search on Compare the market and got numerous offers around £600 - 700. Don't waste your time with these clowns."
"""Firstly bad disgusting cutomers service Policy price and details change after taking out the insurance Pathetic company Dont waste your time"
"Not helpful quotes are wrong wish I read review before I paid useless company"
"very bad experience!!!! if you want to avoid problems stay way from them!"
First Insurance is rated 3.69 based on 189 reviews