First Insurance Reviews

66% of reviewers recommend First Insurance

How would you rate First Insurance ?

"Got insurance from them one month back, although there was only one claim on my last policy with last insurer and that was settled with them, first insurance try to get more money saying that your claim is not been settled and you have to pay extra 160.00 for policy amendment. Really dont want to go with them next year."
"aaaaaaaaaaaaa"
ROGER WILKINSON
Verified Reviewer
"After using brokers for many years to insure my vehicles i went on a comparison site, after reviewing quotes i decided to take out a policy with First Insurance. I had never used them before and after giving all the relevant information to a helpful staff member and paying i realised a few days later that i had given the wrong commencement date of June 1st instead of May 29th. I telephoned First Insurance to notify them of my mistake and spoke to a lovely lady named Georgia who promised to look into the matter and call me back which she did a short time later and told me that a colleague named Michael would phone me very soon to rectify the problem. He called about 15 minutes later and resolved the situation meaning i was able to use my vehicle from May 29th. I was very impressed with the efficiency of both these members of staff as well as the first person i spoke to and have no hesitation in recommending First Insurance to friends and relatives."
"Got the quote from Gocompare for 1008.79 for FIRST FOR INSURANCE. When called the company next day they asked for £1640. Totally rip off. Spoke to the manager and without any help. Please do not waste your time with these cheaters and liars. They will show less price on gocompare and then when you call them the price will go sky high. I will now speak to gocompare regarding this. They should allow such a company on their website. Good luck people"
Valdemar Ferreira De Oliveira
Unverified Reviewer
"my dear sr or mad; I am very happy whith person I been spooking shis very suity and very cain to me shi been explane very well and friendly thank you so mash"
"Last year in October 2017 had in incident I came to you , your company not help me"
Marktwizc@hotmail.com
Unverified Reviewer
"Have had accident a week after I buy new car now have to pay £85 administration fees plus insurance change over fee you are one of the most expensive I’ve ever used when my insurance is due for renewal I will not use your company some of your staff are quite caring and others hartless out to make as much money as they can for this company I’m not HAPPY at all"
"I selected them as the best price from a Compare site. Then they phoned me and want to spend 30 going over all my details in the Compare site. What a waste of time and the caller couldn't care less when I said I wouldn't have the insurance."
"Yes verry happy"
"They are the worst insurance company i have ever dealt with! They are rude on the phone after they take your money! Their prices do not match with the quotes on confused.com. AVOID THEM!!!! Happy that i left them. uh and yeah until now i still haven't received NCB proof! I would rather pay extra than to go with this rubbish company!!! AVOIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID"
Pissed Of Ex Service Man
Verified Reviewer
"This company is a joke. spoke with allisha to update my driving details for her to tell me that they have cancelled my policy because of an undeclared previous voided policy. ive never had a policy before as you dont need one for sailing around on Royal Navy Ships. will make this statement in the next forces article as they just look at numbers and not custmer service. update your hold music as you have put me on hold for 32 mins so far and im pissed of with it sort your act out before my article gets publised to 132,000 troops."
Pissed Of Ex Service Man
Verified Reviewer
"I found them on a price comparison site. Their quote was the lowest at £646. I couldn't complete the payment on line, so had to call and after 25 minutes on the phone with them, going over exactly the same details I had entered on the price comparison site and changing nothing, suddenly the policy would cost me over £950. A complete waste of my time."
"Ripped me off completely! Sold me a years worth of insurance and it ended 8 months in, leaving me without a years no claims bonus because I had been short changed by them four months, lost a third of a year worth of insurance into thin air!? They didn't make it clear I was being insured for 8 months only and not a year and obviously that would have meant they weren't the cheapest and I wouldn't have gone with them! Rip off merchants! then they have the cheek to call me, text me, email me begging for another "years" insurance. Thanks first. Insurance is already a scam without a third of a year disappearing on me."
"Poor customer service! They don't inform you of hidden charges! So glad I cancelled and will NEVER deal with them and will inform everyone I know to do the same. Am pursuing a claim with the Financial Ombudsman. They are a complete JOKE!"
Kieran O'Brien
Unverified Reviewer
"Tried to take out a policy, was phoned by a very rude salesperson. completely put me off taking a policy out"
"I had finished my contract 20.01.2017 with first insurance and get new car insurance with other company . but the first calculate new insurance for 2018 and start charging 128 pound my bank account also they refused to give me my no claim bones .they ask for cancellation fee which I didn't sign .they first company is a robber do not wast you money with them."
"First time taking out van insurance, never knew it would be so difficult from start to finish. Now two months later they have penalised me for one word I said wrong, this company has got me into debt, very poor customer service"
"Absolute nightmare, try to keep you on the expensive phone line as long as possible every time. Repeatedly ask for proof of no claims bonus when they’ve been sent it several times. This company was cheap for a reason....rubbish, avoid!"
"We had an accident NOT OUR FAULT Car repaired in quick time had to pay 200 pounds excess up front. Despite many phone calls STILL have not had 200 pounds back. Have jumped through many hoops since August and here we are at Christmas with not even a phone call. I am not impressed."
First Insurance is rated 3.59 based on 203 reviews