First Insurance Reviews

66% of reviewers recommend First Insurance

How would you rate First Insurance ?

197 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00
Marktwizc@hotmail.com

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about First Insurance in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
Marktwizc@hotmail.com
Unverified Reviewer
"Have had accident a week after I buy new car now have to pay £85 administration fees plus insurance change over fee you are one of the most expensive I’ve ever used when my insurance is due for renewal I will not use your company some of your staff are quite caring and others hartless out to make as much money as they can for this company I’m not HAPPY at all"
"I selected them as the best price from a Compare site. Then they phoned me and want to spend 30 going over all my details in the Compare site. What a waste of time and the caller couldn't care less when I said I wouldn't have the insurance."
"Yes verry happy"
"They are the worst insurance company i have ever dealt with! They are rude on the phone after they take your money! Their prices do not match with the quotes on confused.com. AVOID THEM!!!! Happy that i left them. uh and yeah until now i still haven't received NCB proof! I would rather pay extra than to go with this rubbish company!!! AVOIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID"
Pissed Of Ex Service Man
Verified Reviewer
"This company is a joke. spoke with allisha to update my driving details for her to tell me that they have cancelled my policy because of an undeclared previous voided policy. ive never had a policy before as you dont need one for sailing around on Royal Navy Ships. will make this statement in the next forces article as they just look at numbers and not custmer service. update your hold music as you have put me on hold for 32 mins so far and im pissed of with it sort your act out before my article gets publised to 132,000 troops."
Pissed Of Ex Service Man
Verified Reviewer
"I found them on a price comparison site. Their quote was the lowest at £646. I couldn't complete the payment on line, so had to call and after 25 minutes on the phone with them, going over exactly the same details I had entered on the price comparison site and changing nothing, suddenly the policy would cost me over £950. A complete waste of my time."
"Ripped me off completely! Sold me a years worth of insurance and it ended 8 months in, leaving me without a years no claims bonus because I had been short changed by them four months, lost a third of a year worth of insurance into thin air!? They didn't make it clear I was being insured for 8 months only and not a year and obviously that would have meant they weren't the cheapest and I wouldn't have gone with them! Rip off merchants! then they have the cheek to call me, text me, email me begging for another "years" insurance. Thanks first. Insurance is already a scam without a third of a year disappearing on me."
"Poor customer service! They don't inform you of hidden charges! So glad I cancelled and will NEVER deal with them and will inform everyone I know to do the same. Am pursuing a claim with the Financial Ombudsman. They are a complete JOKE!"
Kieran O'Brien
Unverified Reviewer
"Tried to take out a policy, was phoned by a very rude salesperson. completely put me off taking a policy out"
"I had finished my contract 20.01.2017 with first insurance and get new car insurance with other company . but the first calculate new insurance for 2018 and start charging 128 pound my bank account also they refused to give me my no claim bones .they ask for cancellation fee which I didn't sign .they first company is a robber do not wast you money with them."
"First time taking out van insurance, never knew it would be so difficult from start to finish. Now two months later they have penalised me for one word I said wrong, this company has got me into debt, very poor customer service"
"Absolute nightmare, try to keep you on the expensive phone line as long as possible every time. Repeatedly ask for proof of no claims bonus when they’ve been sent it several times. This company was cheap for a reason....rubbish, avoid!"
"We had an accident NOT OUR FAULT Car repaired in quick time had to pay 200 pounds excess up front. Despite many phone calls STILL have not had 200 pounds back. Have jumped through many hoops since August and here we are at Christmas with not even a phone call. I am not impressed."
"I wouldn't recommend this insurance to any one I would suggest that you look for a better insurance company as these are are nothing more than a bunch of cowboys. They failed to take a direct debit then when I phoned up they'd cancelled the policy without getting in touch and tried to get more than double the money that was outstanding and said it was for another policy. I would definitely give the recommendation to use another insurance company if you don't want to get ripped off by these clowns."
"It is okay cool"
Steven C Walker
Verified Reviewer
"Line person sorted out my problems in a very profession and Curtis manor . Enjoyed chatting with this person , he put me at ease and displayed the perfect Rappaport with my good self . Wish more staff were like him ."
" Rubbish renewal, offering me the cheapest quote at £1623 after a year, after starting on £1545 and I haven't any claim made. If you would like to cancel and you are late with 24 hours you have to pay £96 for cancelation. Saying that it was automatic renewal. Did a search on Compare the market and got numerous offers around £700 - 800. Don't waste your time with them."
"I was insured through them with aviva. Tried to charge me £80.00 when I bought a new car to amend my details, aviva don’t charge for amendments. When I renewed it was £140.00 dearer than quote me happy! Guess who was the insurer with quote me happy, you guessed it Aviva. RIP off"
"DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME! Spent 20 minutes putting details in go compare, only to be redirected to their site, spend more time putting more details in, for them to say sorry we cannot process at the moment, call you instantly on an outbound sales call, to spend another 30 minutes while they ask you every question again, to then increase the quote from go compare by 25%. Just an insurance broker."
First Insurance is rated 3.61 based on 197 reviews