Dial Direct Reviews

Dial Direct have a Customer Happiness Grade of B. Customers love their prices and customer service but are unhappy with their refunds. Full Insights

75% of reviewers recommend Dial Direct

How would you rate Dial Direct ?

"easy to deal with, only wish price hike not in region of 15%"
(Home Insurance) - Posted 3 days ago
"As with all insurances, you won't know how good it is until you have to make a claim. Having made no claim, I don't feel able to judge the service I bought. However, I did cancel my policy recently, due to changing vehicle recently and, unfortunately, Dial Direct's quote was a bit higher than others I found on Go Compare. The courteous service and speedy refund made me imagine going back to them in the future. Plus ça change etc., Lawrence."
(Van Insurance) - Posted 1 week ago
"Very good service..they are cheaper than a lot of companies..give them a go you might be surprised."
(Home Insurance) - Posted 3 weeks ago
"Horrified you had save my great uncles a elderly mans credit card details and three digit no on back of a card to collect last payment you should have contacted me regarding payment that was a outrageous will never be using dial direct again And certainly won’t be suggesting you to family or friends Yours sincerely a very unhappy costumer"
(Van Insurance) - Posted 4 weeks ago
"when my wife had someone go in to the back of her car I rang dial direct .there response no problem .The car was collected on Monday morning by Friday we had been paid out .Would recommend dial direct 5 star people 5 star company."
(Home Insurance) - Posted 1 month ago
"Very impressed I get a thank you message every time my d/d goes out little things make a difference also quotes good"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 month ago
Hi Nigel,
Thank you for your 4 star review. We are pleased to hear you are happy with our service and we look forward to your continued custom.
Dial Direct Social Team.
"Would never use this lot ever. Paid my bill monthly and on November paid December and January together. They cancelled my policy by text mid January so i phoned and they said i cancelled it next day they text to say they were going to cancel so i rang again to be told i now owe money for cancelling my agreement. Now bailiffs are chasing me even though i proved it wasn't me. What a joke of a company. They should be heavily fined for total incompetence. Wake up regulators do your job this lot are a sham."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 month ago
Hi Scott,
We are sorry to hear you have had a bad experience and we would like to look into this for you. Please can you send your Full Name, Date of Birth and Postcode to socialresponders@bglgroup.co.uk so we can investigate this.
Sophie.
"I took my policy out online but I phoned for a paper copy as I like to see what I am buying for £5 they sent it I received it within 2 days although I haven't needed to make a claim with the company the jargon free paperwork makes it look like a simple process"
(Home Insurance) - Posted 1 month ago
Hi Eleanor,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. If you would like us to investigate this for you please can you send your Full name, Date of Birth and Postcode to socialresponders@bglgroup.co.uk.
Dial Direct Social Team.
"Called to change my name as I got married and they explained I would need a brand new policy!!!! Which I thought was weird! New policy meant that I would be £15 extra per month! !! Def won't be using dial direct again"
(Home Insurance) - Posted 2 months ago
Hi Laura,
We are sorry to hear you have had a bad experience and we would like to look into this. Please can you send your Full Name, Date of Birth and Postcode to socialresponders@bglgroup.co.uk so we can see what we can do to help.
Dial Direct Social Team.
"very helpful and easy to fill in all the forms etc , all done in no time"
(Van Insurance) - Posted 2 months ago
Hi Gerald,
Thank you for your 5 star review. We are pleased to hear you have had an easy journey with us when setting up your policy.
Dial Direct Social Team.
"Difficulty in getting policy cover from old car onto new, lady come through in the end after much conversation. Thing I not understand was increase on monthly payments which I thought were high, considering it was a group 6 vehicle, I realized the I would pay extra for change of cover to new vehicle. I not have long before Insurance will be due again, so it will be Go Compare...Thanks"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 months ago
Hi,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.
In order for us to look into this for you, please can you send your Full Name, Date of Birth and Postcode to socialresponders@bglgoup.co.uk so we can see what we can do.
Dial Direct Social Team.
"Not yet had to claim but Ok"
Hi,
Thank you for taking your time to share your experience.
We look forward to your continued custom.
Sophie.
"Hi just to say diAl direct was a third of the price of other insurance companies."
HI Geoff,
Thank you for your 5 star review. We are pleased to hear we have provided you with a policy at a competitive price.
Sophie.
"cheap first year, although they say it was sent, no notification email received regarding renewal, but they happily send a text to tell you the policy has been renewed. When checkin, the premium jumped excessively, +£30 to cancel renewal. phone to customer services to query, with the comment from customer services its my responsibility to remember when the insurance rental is due.."
"Very good service"
Hi,
Thank you for your 5 star review. We are pleased to hear you are happy with the service we have provided.
Sophie.
"Really good except if you have a late payment it's a £15 charge witch I don't agree with apart from that excellent"
(Van Insurance) - Posted 4 months ago
Hi Christopher,

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear that you are happy with our service. Your feedback is appreciated and will be used to further improve our services.

Keri
"I had a car accident earlier in the year 2018 for a Non Fault(rear of my car was damaged by Third party car) and dial direct was following up on my claim . My car was taken for repairs and returned by the repairs centre.Dial direct introduced a Personal Injury solicitor to me and when i called to follow up on my claim,Dial Direct said they dont have info that the accident was not my fault.It was the greatest joke of the year i was on phone for 2 hours and was transfered between departments and other companies. I called Dial Direct severall and they couldnt figure out simple questions.After 3 weeks ,i called them again on 11/04/18,they dont have my updated info on my accident on 12/01/2018.I had complained and was told someone will call me .No one called after 3 weeks. I called the Personal injury Solicitor working with Dial Direct and they confirmed to me that the third party insurance had admitted full liability for the incident and my insurance and underwriter does not have a clue about my info. After expiration of my insurance,i will NEVER go near this company again"
"a problem occurred regarding an accident that was assigned to me but my partner had it and the company despite been given evidence from their insurance would not accept it and my premium is high because of it."
(Van Insurance) - Posted 4 months ago
Hi,
We are sorry to hear you have had a bad experience. Please can you send your Full Name, Date of Birth and Postcode to socialresponders@bglgroup.co.uk so we can investigate this for you.
"All good"
(Home Insurance) - Posted 4 months ago
Hi,
Thank you for your 4 star review. We are glad to hear you are happy with the service we have provided.
Dial Direct Social Team.
"Left Direct-Line in July 2017 after being told that a change of vehicle with current insurer meant a premium increase of nearly £100 No attempt to find me another broker, so declined renewal. Got re-insured with Swinton for about £100 p.a. cheaper. (i.e. about the same as original premium with DL prior to vehicle change) Other than that no problems at all but disappointed at lack of business sense to try and keep a customer. Seemed only to happy to let me go."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 4 months ago
Hi,
Apologies we were not competitive for you on this occasion and for any inconvenience this has caused. If you have any further concerns please send your Full Name, Date of Birth and Postcode to socialresponders@bglgroup.co.uk and we will see what we can do to help.
Dial Direct is rated 4.02 based on 270 reviews