Dial Direct Reviews

Dial Direct have a Customer Happiness Grade of A-. Customers love their prices and customer service and are happy with their refunds. Full Insights

74% of reviewers recommend Dial Direct
4PM
4PM
Telephone

How would you rate Dial Direct?

"No problems at all. thank you."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 week ago
Are you Dial Direct? Reply to this positive review and show your potential customers that you care about the feedback Dial Direct receives. Reply Now
"I had a no fault claim, when another driver drove into my parked car. The other driver admitted full responsibility. Despite being written to by the underwiter Covea, to say that its not my fault and there's no claim against me, Dial direct doubled my insurance quote and keep saying the claim is open. ( Covea have said its been closed for weeks)They are using the incident to inflate the cost of my insurance. They are also refusing to give me my no claims bonus.Use them at your cost."
"15 minutes waiting to take out a new policy! Obviously not that good so taken custom elsewhere."
"Hope & pray you never need to make a claim with this company. As i write this I have an unsafe / unusable toilet in my home - it is the only toilet in my home and it is in its current condition because of shoddy workmanship by contractors sent by Dialdirect's Home Assistance Helpline. A botched repair left our toilet with pretty bad leak even though the plumber told us it was "fixed" we were left in this state, leaking, for over a week. they have been & repaired the leak another twice since (third times a charm apparently ) we are now left with badly water damaged floor & a toilet that has fixings coming away and the toilet feels loose - moves 1-2 inches side to side. we have been left with unusable facilities & have been told that we must wait a further 8 weeks while they "investigate". they have been "investigating" for approximately 2 weeks now not that anyone has been to look at it, or call to ask me any questions, or ask me to email them the photographic evidence i keep telling them i have. they are only interested in apportioning blame each other After approximately 6 hours on the phone (today alone) arguing with 5 separate companies each passing blame to the next a DialDirect Customer Service representative suggested that I start a new claim on my home insurance (seperate from the home assistance service who caused the damage in the firstplace) & was transferred to new claims where i was cheerily informed that i would need to fork out £350 excess (for water damage) in order to get any work done. I have asked that they come & fix the problem & defer any excess payment until *their* investigation is complete - i dont need an investigation i know it's knackered i have to squat precariously above it every morning. this has been met with nothing but indifference."
"easy to deal with, only wish price hike not in region of 15%"
(Home Insurance) - Posted 2 months ago
Hi Barbara,
Thank you for your review. It is great to hear that you are happy with our service.
We look forward to your continued custom.

Dial Direct Social Team
"As with all insurances, you won't know how good it is until you have to make a claim. Having made no claim, I don't feel able to judge the service I bought. However, I did cancel my policy recently, due to changing vehicle recently and, unfortunately, Dial Direct's quote was a bit higher than others I found on Go Compare. The courteous service and speedy refund made me imagine going back to them in the future. Plus ça change etc., Lawrence."
(Van Insurance) - Posted 2 months ago
Hi Lawrence,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are sorry to hear that we were unable to offer a more competitive quote for you at this time. Your feedback is appreciated and will be used to further improve our services.
Dial Direct Social Team
"Very good service..they are cheaper than a lot of companies..give them a go you might be surprised."
Hi,

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear that we could offer a policy that suits your needs at a competitive price.
We look forward to keeping up the 5 star standard and your continued custom.

Dial Direct Social Team
"Horrified you had save my great uncles a elderly mans credit card details and three digit no on back of a card to collect last payment you should have contacted me regarding payment that was a outrageous will never be using dial direct again And certainly won’t be suggesting you to family or friends Yours sincerely a very unhappy costumer"
(Van Insurance) - Posted 3 months ago
Hi,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I am sorry to hear that you have had a bad experience. If you would like to look into this further, please respond to this message with your Full Name, Date of Birth and Post Code to socialresponders@bglgroup.co.uk and we will see if there is anything we can do to help.

Dial Direct Social Team
"when my wife had someone go in to the back of her car I rang dial direct .there response no problem .The car was collected on Monday morning by Friday we had been paid out .Would recommend dial direct 5 star people 5 star company."
Hi Glyn,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We aim for 100% customer satisfaction and it is nice to know that we have achieved this with you.

Dial Direct Social Team
"Very impressed I get a thank you message every time my d/d goes out little things make a difference also quotes good"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 3 months ago
Hi Nigel,
Thank you for your 4 star review. We are pleased to hear you are happy with our service and we look forward to your continued custom.
Dial Direct Social Team.
"Would never use this lot ever. Paid my bill monthly and on November paid December and January together. They cancelled my policy by text mid January so i phoned and they said i cancelled it next day they text to say they were going to cancel so i rang again to be told i now owe money for cancelling my agreement. Now bailiffs are chasing me even though i proved it wasn't me. What a joke of a company. They should be heavily fined for total incompetence. Wake up regulators do your job this lot are a sham."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 3 months ago
Hi Scott,
We are sorry to hear you have had a bad experience and we would like to look into this for you. Please can you send your Full Name, Date of Birth and Postcode to socialresponders@bglgroup.co.uk so we can investigate this.
Kind Regards,
Sophie.
"I took my policy out online but I phoned for a paper copy as I like to see what I am buying for £5 they sent it I received it within 2 days although I haven't needed to make a claim with the company the jargon free paperwork makes it look like a simple process"
Hi Eleanor,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. If you would like us to investigate this for you please can you send your Full name, Date of Birth and Postcode to socialresponders@bglgroup.co.uk.
Dial Direct Social Team.
"Called to change my name as I got married and they explained I would need a brand new policy!!!! Which I thought was weird! New policy meant that I would be £15 extra per month! !! Def won't be using dial direct again"
(Home Insurance) - Posted 4 months ago
Hi Laura,
We are sorry to hear you have had a bad experience and we would like to look into this. Please can you send your Full Name, Date of Birth and Postcode to socialresponders@bglgroup.co.uk so we can see what we can do to help.
Kind Regards,
Dial Direct Social Team.
"very helpful and easy to fill in all the forms etc , all done in no time"
(Van Insurance) - Posted 4 months ago
Hi Gerald,
Thank you for your 5 star review. We are pleased to hear you have had an easy journey with us when setting up your policy.
Dial Direct Social Team.
"Difficulty in getting policy cover from old car onto new, lady come through in the end after much conversation. Thing I not understand was increase on monthly payments which I thought were high, considering it was a group 6 vehicle, I realized the I would pay extra for change of cover to new vehicle. I not have long before Insurance will be due again, so it will be Go Compare...Thanks"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 4 months ago
Hi,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.
In order for us to look into this for you, please can you send your Full Name, Date of Birth and Postcode to socialresponders@bglgoup.co.uk so we can see what we can do.
Dial Direct Social Team.
"Not yet had to claim but Ok"
(Home Insurance) - Posted 5 months ago
Hi,
Thank you for taking your time to share your experience.
We look forward to your continued custom.
Sophie.
"Hi just to say diAl direct was a third of the price of other insurance companies."
(Home Insurance) - Posted 5 months ago
HI Geoff,
Thank you for your 5 star review. We are pleased to hear we have provided you with a policy at a competitive price.
Sophie.
"cheap first year, although they say it was sent, no notification email received regarding renewal, but they happily send a text to tell you the policy has been renewed. When checkin, the premium jumped excessively, +£30 to cancel renewal. phone to customer services to query, with the comment from customer services its my responsibility to remember when the insurance rental is due.."
"Very good service"
(Home Insurance) - Posted 6 months ago
Hi,
Thank you for your 5 star review. We are pleased to hear you are happy with the service we have provided.
Sophie.
"Really good except if you have a late payment it's a £15 charge witch I don't agree with apart from that excellent"
(Van Insurance) - Posted 6 months ago
Hi Christopher,

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear that you are happy with our service. Your feedback is appreciated and will be used to further improve our services.

Keri