Devitt Reviews

Devitt have a Customer Happiness Grade of B-. Customers love their prices and customer service but are unhappy with their refunds. Full Insights

78% of reviewers recommend Devitt
6PM
6PM

How would you rate Devitt ?

"Bought quote online, insurance started straight away. Price was very cheap which is amazing. Very happy"
"They don't tell you about extra fees for changing things midterm. £30.00 a time !"
"Good prices excellent service so far Abit unhappy that an £30 fee would be inclunded to put cover on my insurance for a passenger on a motorcycle but overall good company"
"Absolutely terrible for motorcycle insurance, if you're thinking of devvit I'd suggest MCE. Better prices and less cheating involved"
"I was with A Quote insurance who were really good however they advised that all their customers were moving over to Devitt. I got a letter from Devitt advising of this and that nothing had changed however after calling them for something else I found out my excess had gone from £200 with A Quote to £700 with Devitt! There was no reason or explanation for this very sneaky and underhand alteration and it was not very open and honest! Luckily I found out before I need to make a claim so I am I the process of changing insurers. Also just prior to this I went on line for some quotes, Devitt were charging me £700+ for an insurance policy where others were charging £200! I queried this and why they were charging me £700+ when others were charging £200 for the same benefits etc (in fact a lot less excess) and they couldn't give me an answer other than to say they could do a better deal and reduce it from £700+ to £500. This is still more than double the other insurance quotes and lets be frank if they could do it for £500 in the first place why were they quoting me £700+ as a supposedly valuable existing customer!"
"I found signing up to devitt was very easy and they give a great specialised insurance over a range of bikes both old and new great cover on all"
"Everything went fine when I signed up for a motorcycle insurance. I signed up via a comparison website and one of the questions was if I had any NCD for any motor vehicle, I did, on a car. So I signed up for a cost of £184.81 (not the cheapest btw, but I thought they would be good because of the rating). They contacted (Donna and Jemma) me stating that my NCD was for a car and not for a motorcycle, I sent a screenshot of the form print stating motor vehicle. They didn't care as according to them the question is correctly formulated, and wanted an additional £132.29. I consider this highly excessive considering a subsequent search for insurance with 0 NCD resulted in only an excess of £41.95 with the same insurer (Not to mention that they're still not the cheapest). They then unilaterally cancelled my insurance."
"saved me 1100 pound"
"Couldn't insure my bike. They didn't warn me when it was about to be renewed and couldn't propose any alternative - so leaving me in the lurch."
"Over the moon great insurance great prices friendly people thank you."
"i have tried to get in touch on a few occasions to add bike to policy put on hold for up to 30 minutes twice they must not want business"
"Cheap, practical and reliable. I recommend!"
"just been on hold for three and a half hours, after I'd found they had auto renewed a policy without asking me. for a vehicle long gone. I'd call it theft. upshot after cancellation fee no refund. with a bargepole do not touch"
"I have been on the phone trying to change bikes for over an hour and I am still on hold this discussing how long I have been trying for I have bought the bike but can't ride home because not insured"
"I have been trying contact Devitt for the past 2 days/ No one answering the phones. This is extremely shoddy poor customer service. I have tried the various telephone numbers. No joy.. Kept on hold for 20 mins at a time. Then I gave up. Not sure on the charge of phone calls. Plus they do not tell you where you are in the queue if there is such a thing as a queuing system in the call centre. This service is not good enough Devitt. Apologies are not enough when you do nothing about the ongoing problem."
"Devitt came up as best value in my motorcycle insurance. Easy and clear sign up process and follow up e-mails with policy documents"
"Insurance was moved automatically by the broker. My husband didn't check the renewal quote. It was only after the payments started that I noticed the massive payment taken. The policy price had quadrupled. When we called to cancel, we couldn't get through. Hung up after 45mins on hold. The next call we requested a call back which took 2 & half hours. We were charged £113.83 to cancel. This isn't owed policy as we paid in advance. It was just cancellation costs! The explanation was unintelligible & the email to explain the charge said nothing about the charge, just proof of no claims. We will never use them again."
"They didnt respond to my NCB emailed to them and cancelled my policy. Spent hours and hours on the call but couldn't speak to anyone. Already dreading the phone charges for all these calls. Absolute rubbish service. AVOID these pricks!!!"
"Relatively good price to insure 2 bikes"
"Easy to use site and a great price to!"
Devitt is rated 4.09 based on 243 reviews