Devitt Reviews

79% of reviewers recommend Devitt
"Couldn't insure my bike. They didn't warn me when it was about to be renewed and couldn't propose any alternative - so leaving me in the lurch."
"Over the moon great insurance great prices friendly people thank you."
"i have tried to get in touch on a few occasions to add bike to policy put on hold for up to 30 minutes twice they must not want business"
"Cheap, practical and reliable. I recommend!"
"just been on hold for three and a half hours, after I'd found they had auto renewed a policy without asking me. for a vehicle long gone. I'd call it theft. upshot after cancellation fee no refund. with a bargepole do not touch"
"I have been on the phone trying to change bikes for over an hour and I am still on hold this discussing how long I have been trying for I have bought the bike but can't ride home because not insured"
"I have been trying contact Devitt for the past 2 days/ No one answering the phones. This is extremely shoddy poor customer service. I have tried the various telephone numbers. No joy.. Kept on hold for 20 mins at a time. Then I gave up. Not sure on the charge of phone calls. Plus they do not tell you where you are in the queue if there is such a thing as a queuing system in the call centre. This service is not good enough Devitt. Apologies are not enough when you do nothing about the ongoing problem."
"Devitt came up as best value in my motorcycle insurance. Easy and clear sign up process and follow up e-mails with policy documents"
"Insurance was moved automatically by the broker. My husband didn't check the renewal quote. It was only after the payments started that I noticed the massive payment taken. The policy price had quadrupled. When we called to cancel, we couldn't get through. Hung up after 45mins on hold. The next call we requested a call back which took 2 & half hours. We were charged £113.83 to cancel. This isn't owed policy as we paid in advance. It was just cancellation costs! The explanation was unintelligible & the email to explain the charge said nothing about the charge, just proof of no claims. We will never use them again."
"They didnt respond to my NCB emailed to them and cancelled my policy. Spent hours and hours on the call but couldn't speak to anyone. Already dreading the phone charges for all these calls. Absolute rubbish service. AVOID these pricks!!!"
"Relatively good price to insure 2 bikes"
"Easy to use site and a great price to!"
"A quick phone call, minimum hassle and I'm covered!"
"great service never had a problem. reasonable quotes and a insurer you can trust. They also have given me lots of perks while being with them such a discount codes for motorbike gear which is very good and help on even selling my bike. perfect service up to now will continue to use! never needed to contact there customer service so i am unable to give a fair review on customer service. But on the company great."
"Great price. Great service and friendly helpful staff. Great range of services."
"Easy to use site."
"Absolute crooks"
"Hussle free and cheap prices. Helpful customer service"
"Super helpful whenever I called up especially when I needed to switch insurance"
Michael Wherly
Unverified Reviewer
"Partly my fault. I took our insurance and then went away for a month. No computer. I came back towards end of July to find Devitt would be canceling my insurance because of not having received verification of my no claim bonus. Now the fault of Devitt: They answer the phone, but when put on 'hold' they do not inform the paying customer of how long one has to wait / how much it is going to cost. I tried, and gave up. The second time it went from blurb to music...on and on. I sent Devitt (via Post Office Money) by First Class evidence of my no claims bonus. A week BEFORE cut off point for the insurance. I am, apparently, without any insurance. During that last week I got two letters, both the same, and both telling me of the implications. So I have declared SORN. Avoid DEVITT and anything to do with Post Office Money."
Devitt is rated 4.13 based on 235 reviews