Computerquote Insurance Reviews

63% of reviewers recommend Computerquote Insurance

About Computerquote Insurance: Computerquote Insurance provides quality insurance for car, home, pet, van, motorcycle, life and travel. We are an established insurance broker dedicated to finding the right cover to suit your needs at the best price. Our friendly and knowledgeable staff, based in Hampshire are happy to assist you with your purchase, adjustments, claims, renewals and cancellations.

How would you rate Computerquote Insurance ?

"I put in a claim for £66 for a visit to the vets. This was for soft tissue damage to my dogs back. The claim was submitted by e mail on the 8/10/2017. I received an e mail on the 24/10/2017 saying they had received the claim and would process. On the 29/10/2017 I received another me mail requesting my dogs previous vets records to be supplied within 7 days or the claim would be cancelled. As the dog is a rescue dog I do not have the information required and e mailed back on the 31/10/2017 stating he was a rescue and I did not have the previous vets information. As nothing happened I called them on the 08/11/2017 asking the status of the claim. The answer that they were waiting for a response about his previous vets name and location, all be it the address I replied to stated that all replies would be dealt with within 2 days. I gave them the name of the rescue centre, and was told by rescue center that they had been in touch and had been given the previous vets name and address. I phoned again on the 10/11/2017 to see how the claim was progressing and was informed that they were still waiting for the information about the previous vet. The claim is for £11 which clearly they are having difficulty paying and are just delaying as long as possible. My advice to anyone considering this taking out pet insurance give this outfit a wide berth, they are not worth getting involved with."
"Couple of years ago prices started to rise and rang up to complain and they came back with the revised quote that was more acceptable. Now give good prices and have problems finding anything less expensive. Luckly not needed to claim for a while so cant comment on the that aspect."
"It was very easy to give you the money for the policy but time will tell if I have to make a claim, hopefully not though."
"the excess is more managable amount"
"Took house and contents insurance out in December,6 phone call later and now in April still had no documents posted to my address."
"Took out the policy and unfortunately my spaniel got an expensive ear infection and they refused to pay out for the sake of a few days when apparently there is a 14 day exclusion period from claims - for which I couldn't see or refer to in any paperwork or documents sent - poor poor customer satisfaction and wish I would of took a policy out somewhere else more reliable !"
Dear Mr Jones
Like many other insurers (such as Tesco and Direct Line) we impose a standard exclusion period for claims in the first 14 days of a new pet insurance policy, to protect from fraud.
I'm sorry that you were not aware of the 14 day exclusion period, which is made clear both within our policy wording documents and on our website.
I hope you find a suitable policy for your pet, kind regards
Computerquote Pet Insurance
"Very reasonable and it offers value for money"
"Any claims we have made have always been dealt with very quickly and it is easy to get the claim form off the internet."
"Very affordable, here's to hoping i don't have to use it though 😀"
"5 houses in our close lost roof tiles in a particularly bad storm. Our neighbours houses are all in the same condition as ours, and one of them even lost a tile from a new part of their extension. To clarify all mortar was intact until the storm hit. Our insurers were the only ones saying that they won't accept our claim. Very poor service indeed and can't even cancel our insurance with them due to having to pay for the rest of the year, as apparently even if your claim is rejected, they class it as a claim. Feel like we are trapped in a company with unjust reasons to reject your claim. All insurers should work to the same principles. We have written to the financial ombudsman and are awaiting a response as we haven't had any response to our emails from this company."
Dear Mrs Simpson, we are sorry to hear of your concerns. From the details given we have not been unable to identify your policy. Please call 0800 389 9949 to advise us further. Dilys Gale, on behalf of computerquoteinsurance.com
"Terrible company !!! got hit by a drunk driver when my car was stationary the drunk driver who then got out the car and ran away then said his car was stolen. police have not helped the said that cant prove anything. So no one can help me I am 6 month down the line no further on with my claim I have lost my job because I have no car and I have a 1 year old daughter to clothe and feed and I am still paying for my policy witch I have no car for. Surly this is not right I feel I am paying a lot of money per month £105 in fact for a service I have not received ."
We are sorry that you have cause to raise a concern, we have not been able to trace your records form the details given so please call us directly on 0800 389 9949 so that we can discuss the issue. With regards Dilys Gale on behalf of Computer Quote
"My springer spaniel ruptured her ligament and cost me £1790 for operation and insurance refused to pay out I feel like this is a Micky mouse company even my vet cant understand why they will not pay out JOKE After I've been with them for four years loyalty means nothing"
We cannot comment publicly on individual cases but we are sorry to hear that you are dissatisfied and a member of the team will be in contact to discuss your claim. With regards Dilys Gale, on behalf of Computer Quote
"Just an update on yesterday received notification of settlement for 3 of my four claims (the largest one not yet authorised) and have noticed that it apparently now takes up to 14 days for the payment to go into your account and not 10. This is totally unrealistic as we all know that money transfers these days are instantaneous."
Dear Mrs Hannibal

We are sorry that our recent claims service has disappointed you. As a loyal and long standing customer, we do value your business greatly.

We have however recently experienced a few challenges within our business that has impacted our service delivery. Rest assured, we have now addressed these issues and our service is now returning to the high levels that you have been accustomed to previously.

Further to our email yesterday, your claim payments have been agreed and this will reach you within the next 10 working days.

Kind regards.
Computerquote Pet Insurance
"I have been with this company for approx 4 years and have seen the customer service gradually get worse. The claims are taking way too long and when you ring this is put down to a high influx if claims which has been the same excuse for the last year so I don't buy it just get more staff. Also my vet had to send the claim across 5 times before it was put in the system (this then adds further time to your claim) It used to be be claims take 7 days to evaluate and then 10 and now 20 (working days. 0nce it's been evaluated it then takes up to 10 working days before it goes in your account ridiculous. I pay over 150 a MONTH and still have to wait ages for a payout. I have explained that I have a brain tumour and anxiety to various customer service people and that the time it takes to sort out claims is putting me in financial hardship but makes no difference. Steer clear of this company"
"Moved house & they put one of my dogs insurance up by £10 & the other £5!! For moving house not any illness!! Would not recommend"
Dear Customer, we are sorry that you are not happy with the pet insurance quote for your new address. Our rating system is complex and takes into account factors such as pet age and the claims history from specific areas. In this case you have moved to an area where we typically see a higher number of claims than your old address and have rated accordingly. Your pets would also be older than the original quote at your old address. Your pets would also be older than the original quote at your old address. However, if you had moved from this postcode to your previous one, your insurance quote would have gone down. We hope to give you a competitive quote at renewal.
Computerquote Pet Insurance
"Put in a claim for pet insurance. Have now had 4 emails asking for 'vet details' which have been returned in full each time. Called and waited approx. 20 mins for an answer after 2nd email - eventually filled in 'call back' which never happened! Called and waited approx. 30 mins after 3rd email and eventually spoke to somebody who said they'd sort it all out. A week later - another email asking for same information. Unfortunately you only see how good an insurance company is when you make a claim. SHOP ELSEWHERE!!"
Dear Mr Barnes
I would like to apologise for the poor customer service you received on this claim. I have investigated your comments and regrettably we have requested information from you when we already have it on our system. We are experiencing a high number of calls at present which is why the hold times are longer your call back request was missed. Please be assured that we are working very hard to address these issues, recruiting new staff and training being our priority.
Computerquote Pet Insurance
"Still awaiting a claim for over 12 weeks with more and more hurdles to cross every other week"
Dear Mrs Cockett
I am sorry that you are unhappy with the progress of your claim. In order to progress claims we do require a signed claim forms, details of previous vets and the start date of the condition. Once we have the necessary details I can assure you of a prompt response.
Computerquote Pet Insurance
"Straightforward and simple details allowed me to compare like for like"
"You refused to help with a claim saying the claim was put in to early when it wasn't, will not be using you again when it is up for renewal"
Dear Mrs Mcmillan, I'm sorry that you are unhappy with our decision with regards to allowing your claim. However, we do publish clear guidelines as to when a claim is allowable (for example in our policy wordings) and we have written to you to explain our decision.
We are happy to review the claim but must have further information from the vet. If you would like to us to review the claim please forward the additional information we have requested.
Computerquote Pet Insurance
"By mistake I took out accident only insurance which doesn't cover much at all. My dog tink had a operation to remove a Tumour . Which turned out to be malignant. She now has terminal cancer. My mistake not looking properly at the policy."
Dear Mrs Hawes, I'm very sorry to hear about your pet's illness. In order to avoid customers choosing the wrong policy for their needs we give clear information about the levels of cover offered by each product, both on online and in your policy documents. Aside from your own choice of policy, can you suggest how we could have improved your experience with Computerquote Pet Insurance?
Computerquote Insurance is rated 3.57 based on 88 reviews