Budget Insurance Reviews

41% of reviewers recommend Budget Insurance

How would you rate Budget Insurance?

We need a working email address to verify that your review is genuine.

175 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00
shaun

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about Budget Insurance in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
"Initially the quote was competitive from a comparison site. went a head with the insurance. We tried several times to send my NCD through there link in the mean time getting constant emails about should i fail to provide the required NCD proof by a certain date my premium would go up. 3 attempts later ! still no joy or confirmation from there NCD Department. Bearing in mind in the end after receiving a letter from them saying my insurance quote has gone up from £240 to 446.00 it was then i rang them and even thou my circumstances hadn't changed and my NCD had been sent i was then put through to have my quote looked at again. ANNOYED .COM BY THEN To be honest i was online at that time having the same quote and it still was £275 then i was told it had increased to £446 it was then when i asked the call centre handler why they where quoting online the £275. Then there attitude started i should of provided this and that even thou i had fricking well uploaded them several times and received a split second later confirmation i had sent the NCD. i was basically locked in with them so decided i was within my rights on the cooling off period and decided to cancelled the insurance with them and arranged another insurer for my van. I would not recommend BUDGET to anyone there service is absolutely disgusting. Old Moto "GET CHEAP PAY TWICE !! NEVER AGAIN"
Hi Shaun,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I am sorry to hear that you have had a bad experience . We would like to look into this further for you, please respond to this message with your full name, Date of Birth and post code to socialresponders@bglgroup.co.uk and a representative will be in touch shortly.
Budget Social Media Team
Peter Dennis
Verified Reviewer
"they increased my insurance by £20 a month and when i cancelled it they charged over £95 cancellation fee daylight robbery"
Hi Peter,
Many Thanks,
Budget Social Team.
"WARNING! DO NOT GET CONNED THIS YEAR AGAIN STOP THE CON ARTISTS WARNING!! WARNING!! DO NOT GET CONNED THIS YEAR AGAIN Do not use this company and many others involved in this CON You will get a cheap quote online for the first year, after your first year, they will send you an email 20 days before your car insurance runs out for an automatic renewal great but not great when my original quote for the first year was £380.00 and my automatic renewal £2350.00 luckily I got to read the email before being conned and have gone online and got a quote similar to last year £395.00 from another insurance company funny its Marks & Spencer don't they sell clothes? DO NOT GET CONNED GOVERNMENT SHOULD DO MORE TO STOP THIS, NO WONDER SOME PEOPLE RISK NOT BOTHERING WITH INSURANCE THE ONES WHO SHOULD BE PENALISED ARE THE CON ARTIST INSURANCE COMPANIES."
Hi Jay,
Sophie.
"First payment date changed without my permission."
Hi Ian, We are sorry to hear that you have had a bad experience.
We would like to look into this for you,please email your Full Name, Date of Birth and Postcode to Socialresponders@bglgroup.co.uk and a member of our Social Media team will be in touch.
Many Thanks,
Toni.
"Been with BISL for 10 years for home and contents insurance. Looked around and found I was being charged more than double the average quotations from other companies. Phoned up to enquire and found an apathetic operator who had no interest in my business. Organised my insurance with the top customer rated home insurer (John Lewis) for just over half the price for a much better policy. Phoned to cancel and yet again found another apathetic Operatir who couldn't care less about my loyalty or business. The survey in no way reflected my dispute questions so pointless. Glad to be away and will ensure all friends, colleagues and family do the same."
Hi,
We are sorry to hear you have had a bad experience and we would like to investigate this for you. Please can you send your Full Name, Date of Birth and Postcode to socialresponders@bglgroup.co.uk so we can look into this.
Budget Social Team.
"Would not accept prof of address never phoned back spouse been with them 10 years terrible service"
Hi,
We are sorry to hear you have had a bad experience and we would like to look into this for you. Please can you send your Full Name, Date of Birth and Postcode to socialresponders@bglgroup.co.uk so we can see what we can do to help.
Budget Social Team.
"Looking at the reviews for Budget I see 42.26% are for a one star rating. Surely that tells them something is wrong."
"I took out insurance for a small van that I use to take my dogs to the park in. I arranged to pay monthly. I sent proof of no claims and was told they have received it, but later they told me it had not been received. After numerous phone calls it was sorted. I had full comprehensive insurance. Six months later I changed my van for another van that was exactly the same apart from the new van had a smaller engine. To change the insurance over to the new van the cost had gone up a massive amount. I had to change it to third party and my monthly payments went up by an extra £10.00 a month. I did get a quote from another company that was very cheap for full comprehensive, but to cancel with budget they would have charged me £70.00 for that. I had no choice, I had to suffer paying more each month for my van with a smaller engine than the previous one and also drop down to third party insurance. Would I use them again, never."
"Auto renewed without my permission. Underhand tactics to auto renew unless you call them after the initial purchase. Premium raised from £300.00 previous year to over £600.00 on auto renew. Van has been off the road for 10 months of the year's cover as fault with engine costing £1000 to repair. Money taken from my account has taken me into overdraft and account closed until corrected. In 45 years of insuring vehicles I have never had this problem. Never auto renew as searching for cover always gives a better price. I have 6 vehicles on insurance and will never use Budget again. New customers beware. I will get a sympathetic reply to this complaint but I intend to take this to the FSA and am writing now."
"Keep well away from budget car insurance. Disgusting how prices go up for nothing."
"Wanted to make an amend to car policy to change a named driver from a 57 year old female teacher to a 59 year old female legal advise. Was quoted an increase in premium from £52.80 to £71.82 - an increase of £19.02, (approx 36%) to swap a named driver who does not live with me and would only occasionally drive the vehicle. The main driver and all other details staying the same, Could accept a nominal admin fee not inclined to be ripped off."

Jacqueline Chance
"Low price insurance - at first"
Hi, We are sorry to hear that you have had a bad experience. If you would like us to investigate this further please send us your Full name, Date of Birth and Postcode to socialresponders@bglgroup.co.uk and we will be happy to look into this for you. Many Thanks, Budget Social Team.
"Premium increased by 70% as a result of a minor accident which was my fault but did not result in any claim by me or the 3rd party. Budget wanted evidence to prove it, I duly supplied an e-mail from my previous insurer but I was told that this was inadequate as I could have forged it. Having obtained the evidence in the form they wanted, I was then told that this would have no impact on the premium, meaning that I had wasted my and my previous insurer's time. The net effect is that I'm stuck with a policy which cost 50% more than reputable companies from an organisation which laughably calls itself 'Budget'. Insuring with them was a very stupid mistake which I could have avoided by reading the reviews below. I fully endorse the advice which crops up frequently - Avoid."
Hi,
We are sorry to hear you have had a bad experience and would like to look into this for you. Please can you send your Full Name, Date of Birth and Postcode to socialresponders@bglgroup.co.uk so we can investigate this.
Budget Social Team.
"Diabolical customer service! Any communication between myself, Budget and their independant inspectors was initiated by myself. Neither were aware of reports being sent, conversatioms recorded, payments discussed etc. I was asked to pay excess of £350 14 days after the payment had cleared from my account. Apparently they were not aware I had already paid on the date they asked me to. Yet again my initiated call brought this to light. Im still waiting for a verified payment..... AVOID"
Hi,
I am sorry to hear you have had a bad experience with us and we would like to investigate this further for you. Please can you send your Full Name, Date of Birth and Postcode to socialresponders@bglgroup.co.uk so we can look into this.
Tina Eccleston-Staines C/o Lil-lets UK Ltd
"I have been trying since late Friday evening to take out Car Insurance with this company. The website is constantly down for maintenance. My policy runs out at midnight on Saturday evening (i have been searching for providers and the best policy for 2wks!!!) and now i cannot pay for the service that i want!"
Hi,
I am sorry to hear you have had a bad experience with us online. Your feedback is appreciated and will be used to further improve our services.
If you would like us to investigate this further for you please can you send your Full Name, Date of Birth and Postcode to socialresponders@bglgroup.co.uk.
Yunus Eskisan
Unverified Reviewer
"ABSOLUTE SCAM Took out a policy for my mother for £76.69 per month to realise the date of birth was entered incorrectly as 17/03/1973 instead of 23/08/1973. Phoned up to correct to error to be told change raised the policy price to £106.69 per month. Absolutely Scam. Went on budget insurances websites while on the phone to customer services tostill be quoted £76.69 per month. After asking the operate to explain the difference he stated that quote was for "new customers" and said as an "Existing Customer" for a few hours i would have to pay the extra. When clearly and repeated asked if their company policy was to rip off existing customers he responded "i wouldn't exactly saying it like that" and then when confronted choose not to respond""
Hi Yunus,
I am sorry to hear you have had a bad experience and we would like to investigate this for you. Please can you send you Policy Number, Full Name, Date of Birth and Postcode to socialresponders@bglgroup.co.uk and we will see what we can do to help.
William Creighton
Unverified Reviewer
"Took out a policy for life and critical illness insurance in October. Was told would get £100 cashback after 6th monthly payment was made. July now and eight payments later. Still not received cashback. Phoned twice and same answer. You are entitled to cashback we will phone you back within seven days to confirm payment. Lies lies lies"
Hi William,
I am sorry to hear you have had a bad experience with us. We would like to look into this for you. Please can you send your Full Name, Date of Birth and Postcode to socialresponders@bglgroup.co.uk and we will see what we can do to help.
Andrew Little.
Verified Reviewer
"With in about 5 mins of taking out a policy with this waste of space bunch, I rang and said I made a mistake with one of my details, because I was honest with them, they said the first company now refused to insure me, so they gave me a new quote which was about £150 more than the original. Obviously I said no way was I going to accept the,so In that case I'll cancel. So contradicting there web site as the policy didn't go live until the follow day , said they would have to take £38 admin fee, with a promise of a refund 4 days later, of course no surprise as the refund didn't appear. After calling them today was told I would have to wait another 7 days for the refund. I asked for confirmation by email when they refunded the money. I just could not believe the answer when he said they couldn't do this as there system would'nt allow this, what a joke. Have contact there customer services but surprise, surprise havan't heard anything back. So will now be going to ombusman. Avoid this company at all costs, absolute rubbish."
Hi Andrew,
I am sorry to hear you have had a bad experience with us and we would like to look into this for you. Please can you send your Policy Number, Full Name, Date of Birth and Postcode to socialresponders@bglgroup.co.uk and we will have a member of the team contact you regarding this.
Budget Social Team.
"My wife has just made a new claim this afternoon. The person on the Budget Claims hotline took all the relevant details of the accident then was put through to the Underwriters Zurich Insurance who hadn't a clue why we were phoning them and had no details of the accident. Budget never gave her a claim ref number. She was on the phone for nearly an hour and was told to phone the Budget claims helpline again. This time I phoned and told them what Zurich said. The person on the Budget said that they have details of the accident and I asked for a Claim reference number and she said you need to make a new claim as we are broker! Been going round in circles! Worst ever experience with an Insurance company"
Hi, I'm sorry to hear you have had a bad experience, I would like to look into this for you. Please can you email your Full Name, Date of Birth and Postcode to socialresponders@Bglgroup.co.uk and a member of the team will be in contact shortly. Kind Regards, Jasmine.
"So another week on from the below (plus an email sent the same day), but still no sign of the promised response from the Customer Relations Department. Anyone considering insuring with this lot, this is what you can expect. I'm now taking it to the ombudsman / county court. Avoid at all costs."
Hi,
Again apologies for any inconvenience which has been caused by the current issues. We have been in contact to make you aware our Customer Relations Department are currently investigating the matter.
Budget Insurance is rated 2.68 based on 175 reviews