Budget Insurance Reviews

00AM
12AM

Tell us how Budget Insurance made you happy

Telephone, Live Chat
"I recently had to cancell my insurance because they would not cover my van because i had fitted security film to the side windows , a upgraded security lock , 24hour dash cam, grills to rear window, new seats, alloy wheels, and many other safety features , also upped the price by 20% for no reason"
Are you Budget Insurance? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"Don't keep their promises"
"Changed vehicle 3 months into policy, went from an audi a4 convertible s line to a Ford s max sport, price went from £17 a month to £44 plus the next one off payment £79. Checked price comparison sites and budget and others quoted half what i am now being charged. Will cancel and take the £50 hit ....ohh and don't forget the increase charge for paying monthly."
"Took out two car policies in July 2018, one for my wife and one for me. Wife changed her car in February 2019 from a VW Polo 1.4 diesel to a VW Polo 1.4 petrol model. We both have over 20 years no claims bonus. Monthly premium went from £12.53 to £28.47! No negotiation just a take it or leave it. Will not be renewing with them this year."
"rubbish sent proof of no claims 3 times they kept asking and threatening to cancel eventually I phoned oh god my ear was sore holding line whilst they tried to find policy eventually got it then told my 13 years no claims no good as on another car ?????? the punch line start at zero no claims an extra £48 or cancel at £50 cancelation worst insurer ever dealt with never again avoid at all costs clueless cheating robbers"
"all prices seemed very high compared to go compare also had hidden extras"
"The absolute most incompetent company I have ever come across. All I wanted to do was update my vehicle details. Passed round four different "customer service advisors" only to be told it couldn't be done. Cancelled my policy, went elsewhere."
"Worst insurance company ever!!!! Did a price comparison got a cheap car insurance quote so took the police out declaring a accident I had in feb 18. Had a email 5 days later saying increasing the policy by £120 A’s didn’t declare the accident. After ring then tried saying it’s showing as on my policy not my partners so had to adjust the policy. In the middle of trying to sort it as have a email from old insurance company (elephant who I have never had a problem with and so helpful l wish I stayed with them) hoping to show them the price the policy was always in my partners name and all declared correctly. Actually tempted to just cancel and take a new policy pour after reading all the bad reviews but will after pay £50 plus for the pleasure. Wish I saw the reviews before taking out the policy. Will definitely never use again!!!!"
"After nearly a week of having no TV. And having spoken to 7 different people who have been no help what so ever, who have bot rang back, have not done as promised in the sales pitch on the internet ive cancelled the policy. They only care about your money. Which is made very obvious in the recorded message that goes on and on before you actually manage to talk to someone. Absolutely appalling. Just Rip up your cash and throw it on the bin. Very very very poor."
"Appalled by this company and their "solicitors". Falsified reports, astonishingly inaccurate advice, took years for any progress and despite being bedridden and unable to work as a result of the RTA caused by a drunk driver (also cannot sit or use either hand—severely disabled and in constant pain), £10000 was their settlement. Later discovered they'd falsified a medical report but by then after so many years was too ill to fight, attempted suicide, failed but this company has made life unlivable. Avoid. It is not worth ruining your life for."
"Awful company. Ludicrously overpriced `renewal quote`31% higher than last year. Quick comparison found better cover with £0 personal excess with Halifax compared to £240 with the "Budget" rip-off operation. They also have totally out of proportion fees if you cancel within the 14 day cooling off period, which, frankly should be outlawed. Just another clown show in the insurance business. All comms are from a no-reply email address, they fail to return promised calls and are quick to threaten the involvement of debt collectors. They represent EVERYTHING that is wrong with the insurance industry. Spend your money elsewhere, their management don`t know the first thing about decent, fair & honest treatment of customers."
"If I could give them a zero rating I could! DO NOT USE. repeat DO NOT USE!!! Also note they (BISL insurance) operate under other Insurance Companies names - Coop Eco Insurance, M&S, Direct Dial, ComparetheMarket.com, Beagle street, Lesfurets, Budget Insurance and more, just be sure to look into the name of the company and who underwrite them as chances it could be them! They are worth between £500 and 1Billion but still this is not enough. You can find many reviews online about them but they spend millions probably flooding bad reviews with good reviews so the truth doesn't come out https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2405913 I went through go compare and got insurance for my car. 15 days later, just when it was out of the cancellation period my insurance was cancelled. They claimed I had had my insurance cancelled a year before and not declared. Cue my previous insurance company writes and confirms this was not the case. Cue this company trying to justify by claiming it must have been my partner who is on a company car and therefore was proven to be a case of them grasping at straws hopign I would roll over, accept the cancelation, and as they are probably the only ones who will insure you with cancelled insurance, they expected me to capitualte and pay extra premiums - they have probably done this before. Bad Idea - I got in touch straight away with the ombudsman who wrote them straight away. ALL OVER SUDDEN - oh I didn't have any insurance cancelled but, they can't reinstate my insurance but I can take my business elsewhere they will refund me!!!! In the meantime - I have had a week of no insurance, my children have had 2 wait in the office as I catch the bus home from work and I am waking up an hour later to catch the bus to work - for absolutely nothing!!! DISGUSTING!!!! DO NOT USE AND BE CAREFUL THE WORLD OF CAR INSURANCE IS MURKY AND CUSTOMERS ARE BEING PLAYED SO THESE COMPANIES CAN MAKE BILLIONS - AND FOR WHAT??1"
"We were involved in a hit and run and informed budget even though the cost to repair was less than the excess so we had no intention to claim. This is now classed as a accident with an unknown status for upto 5 years and the maximum claims/accidents on the policy is 3 so now my spouse cannot be insured. It's like a triple whammy, the cost personally to repair my van, the additional insruance cost for the next 5 years whilst this accident is on my record and now my spouse not able to be on the policy. The insurance has now been cancelled several times, due to incorrect information on Budgets system. Have needed to ring every time at our expense to explain again what has happened to get it reinstated then they cancel again. Also they have absolutely no understanding of the Northern Ireland driving license DVA being different from the mainland."
"I had home insurance. Went to put in a claim for a dropped ipad. They refused to pay out they made out the damage wasn’t consistent with a fall. Which is absolute rubbish. My 10yr old fell/dropped it. Accident. I paid extra for accidental damage. Not happy. I would never recommend or never use again!!!! I am fuming!"
"Very good price and information response very good"
"DO NOT USE! - Went through go-compare, got quoted, paid deposit then started policy. Got a letter through saying they were increasing my premium by £500. Shocked I called to query and they told me one of my claims was down by another insurer as a fault claim, not a notification only which I had stated. This was incorrect so I then got the old insurer to update the miss - information and Budget then kindly sent me a letter saying they were only hiking up the price by £490 now. Such a con. I then cancelled, they kept my deposit and charged me £50 'Admin fee'. So they got £250 out of me for absolutely nothing in return.... great business model"
Hi,
We are sorry to hear you have had a bad experience and we would like to look into this for you. Please can you send your Full Name, Date of Birth and Postcode to socialresponders@bglgroup.co.uk.
Thanks,
Budget Social Team.
"40 mins on telephone, with one operator putting the phone down, I was just trying to change registration number, only then to be told they would not insure. Worst customer service ever experienced! Contacted Direct Line in under 10 mins got new insurance with better cover and at at a lower price. As many reviews state, these people are con artists, use at your peril!! AVOID, AVOID, AVOID."
Hi,
We are sorry to hear you have had a bad experience. Please can you send your Full Name, Date of Birth and Postcode to socialresponders@bglgroup.co.uk so we can see what we can do to help.
Budget Social Team.
"Within a week of paying in full for Car Insurance they wrote to inform me of a claim that I never made and hiked my price by £600,00 Despite sending them written confirmation that I had not made a claim from my previous insurer they still wanted to double the premium. I had to cancel and am now wondering how much hassle I will have in getting some of my money back. They caused me no end of worry."
Hi,
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are sorry to hear that you have had a bad experience. Please could you respond to this message with your Full Name, Date of Birth and Post Code to socialresponders@bglgroup.co.uk and we will see if there is anything we can do to help.

Many Thanks,
Budget Social Media Team
"Both my husband who has a landrover defender and myself who has an Isuzu utah pickup have recently insured with Budget on commercial policies. When checking my policies I realised that neither policies cover any of the insured to drive other vehicles - I questioned this and they said it is because people were using these policies to drive fleet vehicles instead of having fleet policies. I explained that it wasn't fair to assume that was the case with all commercial vehicle users and it makes it awkward for people who may just want a car to use for a day or week. I then asked about hiring a car for a week - I was told that I would have to get a quote from Budget (my insurer) for a year policy and then cancel it - so effectively a time on risk in old terms. I advised that this will be how they get their money as people will sometimes forget to cancel and they can then charge - very sneaky!"
Hello.
We are sorry to hear you have had a bad experience with ourselves, we would like to investigate this for you.
Please can you provide us with your Full Name, Date of Birth and Postcode to socialresponders@bglgroup.co.uk so we can look into this for you.
Budget Social Team.
"Please do NOT USE THIS COMPANY just a bunch of cowboys, unfortunately I missed one d d and within two days, they then issue you with a default notice then send threatening emails to you threatening to do this and that to you and that they will cancel your policy and then put charges on top of charges , the are nothing but thieving toe rags, use this company at you peril and I have the emails to prove it."
Hi,
We are sorry to hear you have had a bad experience and we would like to investigate this for you.
Please can you send your Full name, Date of Birth and Postcode to socialresponders@bglgroup.co.uk so we can look into this.
Budget Insurance is rated 2.55 based on 203 reviews