Budget Insurance Reviews

41% of reviewers recommend Budget Insurance

How would you rate Budget Insurance ?

"Got a great price from Budget Insurance through Go Compare and took out a car insurance policy on that basis. Sadly, didn't check that the price they were charging was 66% more than the price they quoted on Go Compare. On finding the discrepancy though checking my bank balance, I cancelled the policy less than 48 hours after the original transaction and was charged £38 fee for doing so. DO NOT USE - STEER CLEAR - GET A GENUINE QUOTE FROM A REPUTABLE COMPANY !"
Hi Mike, Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I am sorry to hear that you have had a bad experience . We would like to look into this further for you, please respond to this message with your full name, Date of Birth and post code to socialresponders@bglgroup.co.uk and a representative will be in touch shortly.
Budget Social Media Team
"simple and quick no fuss and easy"
Hi Marc,

Thank you for your review. It is great to hear that you found the process quick and easy. We look forward to keeping up the 5 star standard and your continued custom.
Keri
"simple and easy to use no fuss and quick"
Hi Marc,

Keri
"Terrible service. Terrible insurer. I separated with my wife 2012. It wasn’t a great split initially. Shortly after my wife tried to cancel the policy but I was the policy holder and they refused to cancel it. They automatically renewed it each month until we found out she was still paying monthly this year and the price had gone from 200 annually to 1500 annually. We jointly complained as any claim made in that time would be void as I no longer lived there. They have stated they are not in the wrong. When asked about the huge increase in price despite never claiming we had no response. This is now with the ombudsman. DO NOT USE BUDGET. They are crooks."
Hi,

I am sorry to hear that you have had a bad experience. Your recent concerns have been escalated to he Customer Relations Department who will be in touch soon.
Keri.
David Finlay
"good price and no paper work all online no hassle tick a few bits and ur done"
"i had a fault accident 9th feburary 2018 my smart car brabus edition red convertible one of 15 built for the uk. after 2 weeks and over 20 phone call to Covea Insurance i got through to the right dept to be told oh you had 4 accidents not declared. 3 of which were non fault 1 was a fault. all accidents were declared and the policy updated in 2017. i got a hire car for only 4 weeks which could not be extended. i have sent Covea all my documents by first class post these were recieved and the lost to date i have a very low offer pricing by car the same as a standard car. beware i went for the best price something i will never do again despite being 50 years old and max no claims still paying £550 per year insurance as its a edition red brabus.."
Hi Mark,

Budget Social Media Team
"unfortunately we have just had very poor experience regarding our suite that was badly stained during our sons recent 21st b/day after party, when a group of them came back to the house. We were away for the evening after agreeing house rules! however after reporting the incident to BISL on behalf of PO insurance they appointed their loss adjuster on this occasion Cunningham Lindsay. They in turn sent round their local area loss assessor people who in this case were a professional cleaning company to assess whether stains could be removed thus bringing our 2 year old suite back to pristine condition. After close inspection and a series of questions they did their thing and promptly wrote off the suite as there was no guarantee that cleaning would provide a mutually agreeable outcome. After providing the loss adjuster Cunningham lindsay with the cost of suite replacement (ex John Lewis who in turn advised the material had since been discontinued!). The loss adjusters then said they would only replace the 2 main sofas that were damaged and not the footstool or protective arm covers also integral parts of the suite. We were of course most disappointed with their tack but decided to avoid dragging things out and for sake of stress avoidance we would accept their interpretation of policy cover small print? When is a suite not a suite? less our 150 pounds excess. This was on the 12th Feb. After 2 weeks with no payment received i called CL to check on why things had apparently stalled. They advised they were trying to reconfirm the Loss assessors report as to whether the incident could have been 2 separate spills albiet on that same fatefull evening! Nett result was that we were then asked to forward further photos to show relative position of sofas stress and then we were told as the sofas were positioned immediately adjacent that claim was being reassessed as 2 separate claims!! Outcome being that a further excess could be removed from our overall compensation leaving us almost 1000 pounds out of pocket on the cost of our replacement suite! Clearly very disappointed with the outcome and the 'service' and treatment by PO Insurance/BISL's appointed Loss Adjuster Cunningham Lindsay after their stalling and excuses during the numerous progress calls we had to make, before eventually begrudgingly releasing the reduced claim payment after almost a further month on from stating the claim was settled. Can they get away with such shenanigans and do I have a case for the Insurance............... ombudsman?"
Hello Stewart,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Your recent concerns have been escalated to our Customer Relations Department who will be in touch soon to discuss the issues raised.
Budget Insurance Social Media Team
"Initially the quote was competitive from a comparison site. went a head with the insurance. We tried several times to send my NCD through there link in the mean time getting constant emails about should i fail to provide the required NCD proof by a certain date my premium would go up. 3 attempts later ! still no joy or confirmation from there NCD Department. Bearing in mind in the end after receiving a letter from them saying my insurance quote has gone up from £240 to 446.00 it was then i rang them and even thou my circumstances hadn't changed and my NCD had been sent i was then put through to have my quote looked at again. ANNOYED .COM BY THEN To be honest i was online at that time having the same quote and it still was £275 then i was told it had increased to £446 it was then when i asked the call centre handler why they where quoting online the £275. Then there attitude started i should of provided this and that even thou i had fricking well uploaded them several times and received a split second later confirmation i had sent the NCD. i was basically locked in with them so decided i was within my rights on the cooling off period and decided to cancelled the insurance with them and arranged another insurer for my van. I would not recommend BUDGET to anyone there service is absolutely disgusting. Old Moto "GET CHEAP PAY TWICE !! NEVER AGAIN"
Hi Shaun,

Peter Dennis
Verified Reviewer
"they increased my insurance by £20 a month and when i cancelled it they charged over £95 cancellation fee daylight robbery"
Hi Peter,
Budget Social Team.
"WARNING! DO NOT GET CONNED THIS YEAR AGAIN STOP THE CON ARTISTS WARNING!! WARNING!! DO NOT GET CONNED THIS YEAR AGAIN Do not use this company and many others involved in this CON You will get a cheap quote online for the first year, after your first year, they will send you an email 20 days before your car insurance runs out for an automatic renewal great but not great when my original quote for the first year was £380.00 and my automatic renewal £2350.00 luckily I got to read the email before being conned and have gone online and got a quote similar to last year £395.00 from another insurance company funny its Marks & Spencer don't they sell clothes? DO NOT GET CONNED GOVERNMENT SHOULD DO MORE TO STOP THIS, NO WONDER SOME PEOPLE RISK NOT BOTHERING WITH INSURANCE THE ONES WHO SHOULD BE PENALISED ARE THE CON ARTIST INSURANCE COMPANIES."
Hi Jay,
Sophie.
"First payment date changed without my permission."
Hi Ian, We are sorry to hear that you have had a bad experience.
We would like to look into this for you,please email your Full Name, Date of Birth and Postcode to Socialresponders@bglgroup.co.uk and a member of our Social Media team will be in touch.
Toni.
"Been with BISL for 10 years for home and contents insurance. Looked around and found I was being charged more than double the average quotations from other companies. Phoned up to enquire and found an apathetic operator who had no interest in my business. Organised my insurance with the top customer rated home insurer (John Lewis) for just over half the price for a much better policy. Phoned to cancel and yet again found another apathetic Operatir who couldn't care less about my loyalty or business. The survey in no way reflected my dispute questions so pointless. Glad to be away and will ensure all friends, colleagues and family do the same."
Hi,
We are sorry to hear you have had a bad experience and we would like to investigate this for you. Please can you send your Full Name, Date of Birth and Postcode to socialresponders@bglgroup.co.uk so we can look into this.
Budget Social Team.
"Would not accept prof of address never phoned back spouse been with them 10 years terrible service"
Hi,
We are sorry to hear you have had a bad experience and we would like to look into this for you. Please can you send your Full Name, Date of Birth and Postcode to socialresponders@bglgroup.co.uk so we can see what we can do to help.
Budget Social Team.
"Looking at the reviews for Budget I see 42.26% are for a one star rating. Surely that tells them something is wrong."
"I took out insurance for a small van that I use to take my dogs to the park in. I arranged to pay monthly. I sent proof of no claims and was told they have received it, but later they told me it had not been received. After numerous phone calls it was sorted. I had full comprehensive insurance. Six months later I changed my van for another van that was exactly the same apart from the new van had a smaller engine. To change the insurance over to the new van the cost had gone up a massive amount. I had to change it to third party and my monthly payments went up by an extra £10.00 a month. I did get a quote from another company that was very cheap for full comprehensive, but to cancel with budget they would have charged me £70.00 for that. I had no choice, I had to suffer paying more each month for my van with a smaller engine than the previous one and also drop down to third party insurance. Would I use them again, never."
"Auto renewed without my permission. Underhand tactics to auto renew unless you call them after the initial purchase. Premium raised from £300.00 previous year to over £600.00 on auto renew. Van has been off the road for 10 months of the year's cover as fault with engine costing £1000 to repair. Money taken from my account has taken me into overdraft and account closed until corrected. In 45 years of insuring vehicles I have never had this problem. Never auto renew as searching for cover always gives a better price. I have 6 vehicles on insurance and will never use Budget again. New customers beware. I will get a sympathetic reply to this complaint but I intend to take this to the FSA and am writing now."
"Keep well away from budget car insurance. Disgusting how prices go up for nothing."
"Wanted to make an amend to car policy to change a named driver from a 57 year old female teacher to a 59 year old female legal advise. Was quoted an increase in premium from £52.80 to £71.82 - an increase of £19.02, (approx 36%) to swap a named driver who does not live with me and would only occasionally drive the vehicle. The main driver and all other details staying the same, Could accept a nominal admin fee not inclined to be ripped off."

Thanks,
Jacqueline Chance
"Low price insurance - at first"
Hi, We are sorry to hear that you have had a bad experience. If you would like us to investigate this further please send us your Full name, Date of Birth and Postcode to socialresponders@bglgroup.co.uk and we will be happy to look into this for you. Many Thanks, Budget Social Team.
"Premium increased by 70% as a result of a minor accident which was my fault but did not result in any claim by me or the 3rd party. Budget wanted evidence to prove it, I duly supplied an e-mail from my previous insurer but I was told that this was inadequate as I could have forged it. Having obtained the evidence in the form they wanted, I was then told that this would have no impact on the premium, meaning that I had wasted my and my previous insurer's time. The net effect is that I'm stuck with a policy which cost 50% more than reputable companies from an organisation which laughably calls itself 'Budget'. Insuring with them was a very stupid mistake which I could have avoided by reading the reviews below. I fully endorse the advice which crops up frequently - Avoid."
Hi,
We are sorry to hear you have had a bad experience and would like to look into this for you. Please can you send your Full Name, Date of Birth and Postcode to socialresponders@bglgroup.co.uk so we can investigate this.
Thanks,