Bradford & Bingley Reviews

46% of reviewers recommend Bradford & Bingley

How would you rate Bradford & Bingley ?

"My contents premium was much to much compared with last year. As it is paid by direct debit the first I knew was when I saw it on my bank statement (my fault for not reading the renewal documents). I telephoned and after some discussion they agreed to reduce the premium. I agreed to this and they told me the new premium would be taken immediately and a refund of the first premium would be credited at the same time. I thought this strange , why not just refund the difference but they told me this was their policy. sure enough the new premium was taken from my account the very next day but after 10 days so far and several phone calls I am still waiting for the refund of the initial amount. My advice, there are loads of insurance companies out there, go to one of them instead ."
"bradford and bingley quoted me the cheapest and best policy around and i was quite happy to accept i have not had to deal with them since but if i did i am sure they would be very helpful"
(Home Insurance) - Posted 5 months ago
"I don't even want to give 1 star. They don't deserve a single star. Absolutely horrendous company! Do not get insurance with this company. Atroutious customer service, liars, let downs and totally untrustworthy. Rang a week prior to my policy renewal to cancel the policy as I found a cheaper policy elsewhere. I spoke to 3 different staff members who assured me it was stopped, 7th November; my policy was renewed and they took £164 off me!!!! I then spoke to a further 3 members of staff to be told I'd have to wait a week for my money even though it's their mistake. If you speak to SAV then ask for someone else, he promised to ring me back, email me and sort everything for Monday, HE HAS DONE NONE. I have now been told I won't get my money till wednesday. Customer service is awful. They took my money without authorisation and have made this process a nightmare and caused such inconvenience. The problem still isn't solved and I am still having to chase. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY."
"wye did I get this I have never been with you"
(Home Insurance) - Posted 11 months ago
"Very easy to contact although I have had no reason to make a claim any questions are dealt with promptly."
(Home Insurance) - Posted 11 months ago
"Bradford & Bingley refused to refund the remainder of the contents insurance policy I had with them, because I had made a claim. They were only willing to cancel the policy with no refund, when I was not offered insurance by them at my new property without paying for an expensive Structural Survey, other underwriters more than happy to insure without. I still own the previous property, but don't have many items there so when I realised I might as well have the policy as it would cost me no more to have it in place I called up only to be told that it could not be reinstated, I'd have to pay full price to start another if I wanted to. I did not cancel the policy at the end but in fact after just 3 months of an annual policy which cost me over £300 at renewal. They did pay out for a TV I had accidentally broken (I'd paid for accidental damage cover, so would expect this) however with the £100 excess and approx £200 lost due to refused refund that's half the £600 claim already clawed back by the insurance company I'll no doubt be paying higher premiums for years too. My advice is don't pay annually, think twice about claiming for anything that isn't a large claim as it will cost you more not just in the long term but also in the short term."
Lindsey Smith, Wakefield
Unverified Reviewer
"Took out home insurance with Bradford & Bingley while renting but then when we bought our first home and took a policy with our mortgage provider, issues began. Their cancellation charge was so high that I decided to keep the policy despite not needing it, had to pay a £20 amendment fee. Changed my bank account and called them with new card details but they said they couldn't take payment until my original payment had been returned unpaid! Another £20 fee. I'm so sick of their fees and farcical systems that I'd rather take a hit with their £30 cancellation fee than remain a customer. Avoid."
Elanganathan
Verified Buyer
"Excellent service at lower cost"
(Home Insurance) - Posted 1 year ago
"Would not pay out for motorcross when it was the only reason for getting insured and cos it was on the internet i dont have a leg to stand on"
"Highly recommend using this site to find highly competitive products for insurance. I use once a year to keep my costs down and I haven't been disappointed yet. try it out it costs nothing to look!"
(Home Insurance) - Posted 2 years ago
"I was quite happy with the provider as it was easy to fill the form and understand all the details,also the premium was reasonable."
(Home Insurance) - Posted 2 years ago
"I lodged a claim 6 weeks ago and still haven't heard from an assessor. I've ended up fixing the issue myself to prevent further damage which is frustrating. B&B also sent me a survey on how I found their claim service, I gave a really negative review and explained the above however still haven't heard anything!"
(Home Insurance) - Posted 3 years ago
clear_communications
customer_service
easy_to_buy
providing_your_documents
"Easy to deal with and when need to add an item of significant value it was a simple quick easy process via the telephone. As not made a claim cannot judge that side of the insurance."
(Home Insurance) - Posted 3 years ago