BG Insurance Reviews

11PM
11PM

Tell us how BG Insurance made you happy

Telephone
"Even 1 star is generous! Well one guy in particular is a complete jobsworth you better hope you don't get him! I took my business elsewhere! I will make sure I tell people to swerve this lot!.. now I know why they came up the cheapest by a long way! - good luck if you use them"
Are you BG Insurance? No one is perfect. Reply to this negative review and show your potential customers that you value the feedback BG Insurance receives and that when things do go wrong you do your best to put things right. Reply Free
Would you recommend us to your friends and family?
"The worst company to insure with keep yourself away from this people"
Would you recommend us to your friends and family?
"Terrible customer service. Received threatening phone call about cancelling our insurance because we hadn't sent them some information that hadn't been requested in the first place. Tried to add an additional driver and after paying the exorbitant fee had exactly the same thing happen again. They're also completely incapable of communicating by email. Won't be using them again."
"Unable to contact by phone, repeatedly sent information they insisted on by fax, e-mail and by post and they still kept asking for information. They never replied to any e-mails except the automated response. Don't use them. If you have a claim you will never be able to contact them."
Would you recommend us to your friends and family?
"They are financial rapists, I insured a car back in May 2017, paid for insurance, I then went to collect car,which unfortunately was not acceptable, due to state of car, I did not remove from dealership i contacted the insurance company to advise and to hold on to the deposit as I was looking for another car, unfortunately I have still not found the perfect car, I requested a refund and still chasing to date, I would not recommend this company to anyone, shop around and go elsewhere, I am in the process of taking legal action against this company, as I am still waiting for my refund I thought they were a reputable company, which clearly is not the case."
Would you recommend us to your friends and family?
"worst car insurance company to insure your vehicle with. Think twice before you insure you vehicle with this company. I got really bad experience with them. This is a fake company. Don't ever give your card details to them online or over the phone. They will take your money from you and will not send any insurance documentation to you.That happened to me two years a go. Finally I had to passed it to my bank fraud investigation team at the end to get my money back from them."
Would you recommend us to your friends and family?
"Very unsatisfactory experience with this company following a complaint."
"Paid to have number plates changed months ago and just had letter from Dvla to say my car not insured ? Insurance paid upfront when purchased Barry granger not open at weekend therefore unable to rectify what is going on now have to bus it to my hospital job till Monday will be sticking to AA insurance from now on totally shocking in 18 years of driving never known an insurance company to be closed at weekends plus iam now officially a criminal for driving uninsured this could have cost me my job as a nurse not a happy customer at all"
Would you recommend us to your friends and family?
"I have took out a policy today with BG - after reading the reviews i am worried now! the process today took nearly 50 mins and I had already put all the information in myself online! the advisor kept putting me on hold - longest time was for 8 minutes and no apology when she came back on the line ! (basics in Customer Service ?) I needed the insurance to start straight away as needed to drive car today , the customer adviser said i was insured but i drove the car today feeling unsure about what she had told me ! I have not had an email yet to confirm my insurance - (8 hours later ! ) so i am just taking her word for it that I am insured ... in the past with other insurance companies i get an email straight away to confirm ! I hope i can come back on this site in a few weeks and say I was wrong for doubting them ! will keep you undated ..."
Would you recommend us to your friends and family?
"The worst customer service ever and to top it all this company does not even have complains department. I was insured with for a year and went with a cheaper and more reliable insurance company who actually cares about their customers. its been two weeks and i have still not received my proof of NCD from them. And they say that cant get in touch with the insurance company they insured me with. I paid up front for the policy. I would never reccommend this company to anyone. A BIG NO !!!"
Would you recommend us to your friends and family?
"Worst insurance company ever. Cancelled policy without even informing me. Avoid like the plague. If you want insurance go to a reputable company than these rip off merchants"
"TERRIBLE company took 190 deposit off me then cancelled my insurance after 2 days said they will refund me 80 back if i agree foe it to be canceled there and then a week latee no money now they say 60 CON men DO NOT GO HERE"
Would you recommend us to your friends and family?
"Asked for share licence number 3 times when it has been sent and been given driver number as well. Did everything I was told and got no help so fed up. Been trying to sort this out for a few months."
Would you recommend us to your friends and family?
"As usual great staff when buying the insurance and definately beat the rest in price but dont get if there is a chance you may need to cancel before exiry date. Had to pay two lots of cancellation fees one from the insurance company and one from the broker. Expected about £80 back got £28 !!"
Would you recommend us to your friends and family?
"Do not use this company . we found them dishonest and the amount of paperwork requied was just not worth the i am now locked into a company i do not trust .Unhappy cuttomer june peggs from suffolk"
Would you recommend us to your friends and family?
"The best price, but the mass of emailed attachments was confusing and contradictory. Also, the customer service don't respond!"
Would you recommend us to your friends and family?
"Having being a previous customer for several years (but went with a different insurer last year as it was a lot cheaper) I stupidly thought it would be straight forward renewing the same vehicle same drivers at the same address but no, after several emails from different people regarding driving licences no claims discount it took weeks, wasn`t worth the hassle for a few pound`s,"
Would you recommend us to your friends and family?
"Good value cover. The only downside is the extremely lengthy phone questionnaire, which duplicates the questions already answered online. Otherwise excellent, very quick to answer the phone, always friendly and courteous. TXT97"
"DO NOT use this company they have completely messed us about and cancelled our insurance without even telling us so now we are going to have to go to court not to mention the expense and stress it has caused us. They are are a complete scam I would warn anyone not to waste your money with them as they might be cheap but it goes to show that you get what you pay for!!!! STAY AWAY"
Would you recommend us to your friends and family?
"DO NOT use this company, we did a quote online whilst away for a month and came back to a cancellation letter as needed some documents? Thank god our car wasn't stolen whilst we were away or we would have been stuffed! Should have walked away then but so desperate to get car sorted and jet lagged we just called them, we backed and forthed with all sorts of documents they wanted. We kept sending they kept not receiving?? Eventually all got sorted, our renewal was then due and we were going to go elsewhere because of the hassle previously but we were already with them and their quote ended up being the cheapest so what's the worst that could happen? We called to renew and were told we had to fill some thing in on line which my husband ended up doing 3 times!!! We had paid our insurance in full and as far as we were concerned we were all sorted and paid for until July 2016, that was until in Feb 2016 my husband who incidentally was driving our 6 year old home from his marshal arts class was stopped by the police for driving with no insurance?? They had cancelled it in December and not even told us, when my husband rang to ask what had happened and why he hadn't received a letter they said they were not a paper based company? Apparently they had emailed him yet we never received that email as it was sent to an old email address and they simply did not care, they have caused us so many problems it cost us £200 to get our car out of the pound, money on new insurance as well as my husband now having to go to court next week to prove we had no idea. They may be cheap but I would advise anyone to stay the hell away from them. We have 7 years no claims, my husband is a teacher and we have a 1 year and 6 year old why the hell would we not have insurance, we are good paying citizens and this has caused us so much stress. We could have accepted liability and had 6 points on our licence and a further £300 fine but that's not fair and why should we just because they couldn't be arsed sending us a letter, calling us or getting a read receipt from the email they sent out. Even the police said brokers are buggers for doing this, do not waste your money on these scum bags! Hopefully we will get justice next week and get back the money they have cost us but honestly I know a lot of people have put on here nice customer service and all that but we can't be the only people they have done this to!"
BG Insurance is rated 4.18 based on 618 reviews