AXA Insurance Reviews

AXA Insurance have a Customer Happiness Grade of B-. Customers love their prices and customer service but are unhappy with their refunds. Full Insights

49% of reviewers recommend AXA Insurance
4PM
4PM

How would you rate AXA Insurance ?

"Nothing can be said good about them"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 years ago
"Ok but needed to amend policy and took a while to get it sorted"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 years ago
"After explaining i had just lost my job, and sold the car because i could no longer afford one, axa insisted i still pay the policy in full!!! Great company!!!"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 years ago
"Provided a courtesy car when my car was written off by another driver, but then took several months to decide that I was not at fault, despite me having provided them with evidence. AXA failed to investigate the claim quickly, leading to a significant delay in returning my excess to me. I was really disappointed after such an encouraging start to the claim. My details were then also sold on so I received numerous aggressive and threatening calls from accident scam companies. I complained to AXA about this several months ago and have received no communication from AXA since, despite them admitting that occasionally staff do pass customers' details on."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 years ago
"AVOID THIS COMPANY! A terrible company. Beware of windscreen claims, they affect your no claims discount. And in the event of a claim, insist on getting your own quote. They use their own repair centre who charge high rates forcing AXA to write off vehicles."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 years ago
"Far too much information . Did not like having to get information on Line. would have preferred to talk to a adviser to clarify the detail of the policy."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 years ago
"I recently changed my car .exactly the same model just *9 months newer.it went up 80 pound I asked why they could not provide me with a answer .so I sent a email to find out still awaiting your reply from 3 months ago"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 years ago
"Unfortunatly had to make a claim. It was a nightmare messed around with a curtosy car untill i had to contact the body shop to give me one. The car came back and the paint job was poor with paint runs and bleed through marks im paying 15k for the car and the work was unacceptable i payed my 400 excess told the insurance i wasnt happy and theve done nothing further"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 years ago
"have had no need to contact AXA"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 years ago
"As I have had no need to contact the insurer since purchasing my car insurance, I have nothing to compare it with. If the orice is right I will no doubt renew with the same insurer when the time comes. Dr. Peter F. Green"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 years ago
"complete stony silence from axa since online confirmation. no policy docs. luckily no need to communicate."
(Home Insurance) - Posted 3 years ago
"MAKING THE CLAIM WAS SIMPLE., HOWEVER THERE WAS A VERY LONG DELAY BETWEEN MAKING THE CLAIM AND GETTING MY COURTESY CAR, WHICH I WAS TOLD ON THE DAY OF THE CLAIM I WAS ENTITLED TO. I HAD TO HIRE A CAR TO ENABLE ME TO WORK, AND I E MAILED THIS INFORMATION, BUT HAVE NEVER RECEIVED ANY CONFIRMATION OF RECEIPT, NOT ANY REFUND. I ALSO DISLIKED THAT THE MAIN WAY OF COMMUNICATION WITH ME WAS BY E MAIL, RATHER THAN THE TELEPHONE. ALSO IT TOOK 3 AND A HALF WEEKS FOR THE DECISION TO BE MADE THAT MY CAR WAS A WRITE OFF, SO I THEN HAD TO FIND A REPLACEMENT CAR VERY QUICKLY INDEED, AND WAS LEFT WITHOUT A CAR FOR A FURTHER 3 DAYS UNTIL MY NEW CAR WAS READY TO PICK UP. I WILL SAY THAT TRANSFERRING MY INSURANCE TO MY NEW CAR WAS VERY SIMPLE, AND MY PAY OUT CAME PROMPLTLY."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 3 years ago
"I have been trying to contact axa insurance to change my new home address but still not able to contact."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 3 years ago
"AXA took £316.00 from my account even though my card details had changed. It took ages to recover the cash. It appears that, as with some other insurers, if you accept the conditions of the contract (small print) you give them the right to do this even though you may have changed the card. This is, in effect, setting up a direct debit without the DD protocols in place. I wonder how many people have unwittingly paid twice for their insurance like this. There should be controls in place to stop this."
(Home Insurance) - Posted 3 years ago
"all insurance companies are lying swindling scum-bags, Axa just happened to be the least expensive lying swindling scum-bags i could find on the day. having never made a claim in 13 years who ever robs me of the least money are the lesser evil, Axa asked me for an honest review and they got one"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 3 years ago
"Not bad - just try and hit you with fees when you cancel - because they put the price up!!"
"Value for money."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 3 years ago
"I had an exidant on the 20th of April 2014, Unfortunately the case still hasent been resolved!!! SAY NO MORE."
clear_communications
easy_to_buy
providing_your_documents
"Providing proof of No Claims became very difficult on line mainly due to AXA's lack of clarity in their communications."
clear_communications
customer_service
easy_to_buy
providing_your_documents
"hhh ."
AXA Insurance is rated 2.91 based on 612 reviews

Get ready for our phone call!