AXA Insurance Reviews

49% of reviewers recommend AXA Insurance
Telephone

How would you rate AXA Insurance ?

"Absolutely Shocking. Don’t go near them. Don’t be fooled by Lloyds Bank Gold service acc adding travel insurance as a bonus. Non paying con artists. Avoided 100,000euro bill for a Lloyds bank account holder with Brain Tumour !! All because way outs endless boarding pass ?? It’s impossible to avoid expletives but let’s meet the arrogant CEO it’s purely a rip off you’ve got no genuine cover full stop"
"Dreadful company and won't ever use again. Had a car accident but couldn't get a courtesy car when I was entitled to one. Biggest problem is trying to speak to someone, you spend hours and hours trying to get through! I even wrote a letter to them as I had a query and am still waiting for a reply."
"AVOID AVOID AVOID!!! Worst company I have ever dealt with! Worst customer service, great if you’re happy to be on hold for over an hour each time you need to speak with them!"
"Terrible service. Refused to pay out despite my policy documents clearly stating that I was covered."
"My worst nightmare. After giving a list of documents to submit, they keep asking for additional information every month. We are on month 4 now. Simple case, mother broke her hip and had to cancel a trip to go and take care of her."
"Extremely ruded staff. Not helpful at all. I was told to fine all the evidences by myself. Axa did not do anything for me because i already paid them so at the end i had to ombusman and they were grate help. Please please do not buy any policy from axa really shameful not being honest to their customers. Shouting at me on the phone."
David Chiswell
Verified Reviewer
"Don't bother ringing them they never answer ! My 92 year old father had a claim in November 17 and was emailed in December to be told the claim was settled and now closed. In July 18 a firm of solicitors wrote to him saying axis had not settled the claim with the co -op ( the other drivers insurers ). Therefore could he send them a cheque for £2358.60. It really distressed and upset him, as he always paid in full and thought it was resolved. Have tried ring 3 times in 2 days and been on hol 27, 33 and 39 minutes without being answered the last call being cut off because it was six o clock . What a way to treat your paying customers . Wouldn't recommend them 0 out of 10 ."
"Put a claim in over 2 months ago and not a single phonecall about, put a conplaint in and still no phonecall even though a note has been sent to ring me. Just had to pay out my excess just to get my car back from non fault accident"
"Very bad claim process. Waste of time and money. You need to chase and follow up with them constantly for about 6 months, send loads of documents they request for, and then they will find one small reason (oh, your cash withdrawals were too spread out over a few days instead of one day) and decide not to payout. Other insurance companies would have paid out your lump sum claim when you show proof of cancellation, delay, etc. but here, they ask for your bank statements (?!?!?!)."
"If you want to spend hours and hours waiting on the phone whilst trying to chase up your claim then this is the company for you. Dreadful service, constantly chasing up progress of claim but having to sit on the phone for hours to do so. Avoid them like the plague."
"Poor claims management, nothing actively done on my file for weeks on end. Constantly having to chase to see where my claim is upto. Always placing the delays at the foot of the customer. Seriously avoid, Esure are a far better alternative."
"Forego the AXA insurance and take the insurance from the car rental company at the desk. It will cost a little more, but you will deal with no hassle at all! If someone side swipes or damages the car, you turn it in and hand the key over. that's it. This happened to me and AXA would not pay the claim."
Dale Alexander
Verified Reviewer
"Don't make the mistake I did. Choose an alternative insurance provider. I was involved in a accident that wasn't my fault and my car is in the garage being repaired. We have a family holiday booked and had planned to drive from Scotland to and from Newcastle airport to catch our flights. Our issue is that when we return from holiday on Wednesday evening they think it's acceptable to ask our family including our son who has special needs to spend the entire night in the airport without the facilities we require for our son until the car hire desk opens the following day. They will not give us any further help. Axa this accident wasn't our fault!! If they had let us use the hire car and park it in the airport parking like we intended to do with our own car before our accident then there would be no issue. Axa has left me with 2 options hire the car size we require for the time we need it for at a cost of £650 Or book our family into a nearby hotel at a cost of approx £300 In a non fault accident you don't expect to have to pay a minimum of £300 out your own pocket for something that wasn't your fault and if you had your own car you wouldn't be paying. To make matters worse when I had my accident I was left with no transport to get home and waited 48 hours for a hire car. I wrote a complaint email to them and got zero help. This company have no respect or willingness to help their customers at a time when they need it the most."
"they will use any excuse for not pay, complete liers"
"Trying to contact with axa insurance it’s nearly 50 minutest. Oh my dear why is so long never experienced..very poor service and also keep increasing insurance premiums each years."
"Just lost 16YEARS no claims due to 2 minor accidents..one of which WAS NOT my fault but AXA DIDNT bother to fight my corner, challenge the third party, collect or even look at info id sent at their request, or do anything that i paid my premium for them to do! By the way.......THIS WAS PROTECTED NO CLAIMS BONUS THAT I PAID AN EXTRA £90 TO PROTECT. Now left with 4yrs no claims after 20+ yrs of driving AVOID, AVOID, AVOID....TOTAL WASTE OF TIME & MONEY"
"Axa took far too much out of a friend's account without notification resulting in him being unable to return some money to me whech prevented me paying one of my bills on time. Axa charges for address change ridiculous plus you still sent notifications to old address so he did not get them. Very unhelpful and left him with no funding to pay for tax & mot ! No logic or common sense!"
"Multiple admin errors compounded by appalling customer service. I spent hours on hold at a time trying to speak to someone and they just don't answer."
Disappointed
Verified Reviewer
"Left with no kitchen for 17 months with 3 kids. Having to email Axa and their many partners in crime who are hopeless to deal with. We still have no cooker after 65 weeks and they left us with no drinking water for 22 weeks. Terrible company to have to deal with so I’d advise against."
"After sending proof of my no claimes discount , I got an email saying due to not sending proof they are putting my car insurance up , £73 rip off !!"
AXA Insurance is rated 2.93 based on 598 reviews