AXA Insurance Reviews

02AM
2AM

Tell us how AXA Insurance made you happy

Over a week
"It is very difficult to contact Axa regarding claims. It took days to report my Claim as I didn’t have enough free time to sit through an hour of being on hold. Now every time I try to update the claim and get a repair My call cannot be completed or I get hung up on! It’s a lot of money to pay for a complete lack of service."
Are you AXA Insurance? No one is perfect. Reply to this negative review and show your potential customers that you value the feedback AXA Insurance receives and that when things do go wrong you do your best to put things right. Reply Free
"WORST SERVICE EVER! They give you a decent quote to insure and then when you have a claim, THATS when they underwrite . As of today it has been SIX months since my car was stolen. YES! 6 months and all I’ve done is produce document and document every week for all this time. I’ve had to fly to another city just to sign a form in person. I got a rental paid for one month which was WAAAAY below the grade of car lost and this company and every single person I’ve talked to there is useless and actually antagonistic in making me work nonstop doing backflips to get them the ridiculous docs they ask for OVER AND OVER. STAY AWAY from AXA!"
"Involved in a car accident, hit by another vehicle. Reported the accident within an hour of it happening to the out of hours service and told it would be passed to claims ready for me to call the next morning. Started ringing at 9.30 am the next day to have to go through the whole thing again as they said they did not have any information. Spent until 3.30 pm trying to sort out what happened next with regard to my claim and also trying to get a courtesy vehicle (on hold an hour each time I rang). It took me to say to them that this would be the last call I would make to them and if nothing was sorted I would put it in the hands of my solicitor before I actually got an answer to the next stage of the claim. During the time I spent on the phone, my car had been moved to a storage company without my knowledge. I had numerous calls from a vehicle rental company offering a courtesy car but had to prove non fault to get one although my policy includes a courtesy car. It was only through the goodness of the car repairer that I got a courtesy car. It has and remains an absolute shambles, I thought I was doing the right thing moving my insurance to AXA as when I was obtaining a quote and setting the policy up it took not time at all to do so. I will never take insurance out with AXA again."
"When ever you ring axa to take out a policy and pay money you will wait less than 3 mins to talk to a member of staff. When you have had an accident you can be on hold for up to 1 hour listening to the most boring pre recorded message.. Should you have an accident out of office hours (inc all day Sunday) you cant even talk to the accident department as its closed. When you are on hold the pre recorded message tells you it is important to report the accident quick, Well good luck with that. My vehicle was damaged by a Deer running in to it, When I rang to report the incident I was asked twice if I had the other parties details."
"I pranged my car and needed repair work to the off side door. It was taken away to New Bridge Accident Repair in Sydenham. I was astounded that they kept the car for five weeks to carry out a three day job which indicated that this garage had organisational problems. When they eventually contacted to have it returned to me, the only availability was during office hours which made it difficult. They refused to deliver it to my work address which is only 5 miles from where I live, so we agreed on delivery on 06/10/18. I stayed home purposely but it did not arrive nor any correspondence since. I have called Axa an astonishing 21 times, but they tell me that they cannot 'get through.' I sent an email to their complaints department but did not receive any further action from them either. I called several times today but no reply from the garage. I have emailed them and said I will be collecting my car on Saturday morning regardless and if they cannot accommodate this request I intend to report the matter to the police. Axa have done absolutely nothing at any stage during my claim and I am furious at the inconvenience this has caused. I have just undergone a hip replacement and cannot get in to the tiny courtesy car provided, and I have no choice but to leave my home for another apartment this weekend and have no car to help me do this. I would NEVER use Axa for anything at all again. Ever. The level of customer service is ZERO."
"I have been in the queue for 100 minutes and still my call has not been taken, the AXA call centre is dreadful, please go elsewhere for insurance"
"My son has his car stolen 3 months today still no car after hours and hours on phone and countless emails still no joy stay away from this company"
"My parents are currently abroad awaiting repatriation. The communication is appalling and their lack of care is contributing to my parents health which is deteriorating daily whilst they wait for someone to pull their finger out and stop fobbing them off. I will hold them entirely responsible for anything else that happens that affects their health. They should not be stuck in Germany but they should be home with us. Absolutely dreadful company that I will do everything possible to discredit for the appalling way that have treated the people I love."
"After having my car written off. Still awaiting a hire car."
"NEVER use axa for travel insurance or anyone underwritten by them. My girlfriend fell ill with meningitis whilst in Hong Kong and needed 3 weeks of treatment. Axa have been absolutely appalling - finding any way of weaselling out of paying and making it confusing and difficult to challenge anything. They made a traumatic experience even more stressful for someone who was suffering from swelling around the brain - which can be made worse from stress. To add insult to injury they have acknowledged their bad treatment of us and offered £100 in compensation but still not dealt with the actual claim which is tens of thousands. We are now having to go through the financial ombudsman. Avoid at all costs."
"Axa have been great through my claimes but there customer services is by far the worst I have ever received I have been waiting a week for a call back and they say they are going to get some one to call me every day .... But they never do .... I was on hold for 1 hour and 40 mins then just got cut off ..... Absolute joke"
"We are a family of 6, of which 4 are young children. Here is our tale of woe, that has involved countless telephone calls, emails, wasted time and cost us a lot of money. We had an escape of water in a small ensuite bathroom last November where the shower tray had cracked unexpectedly. The water travelled as it was trapped underneath the vinyl and continued across the house. It reached the main family bathroom and spilled out where the vinyl there met the hallway carpet soaking it. A lot of water subsequently came through our kitchen ceiling causing the ceiling to crack and bend. We contacted AXA and were initially impressed, they told us they would send a surveyor from BVS to assess the damage within a couple of days. The surveyor offered a cash settlement to fix the repairs and advised us the hall way carpets could be replaced. A company specialising it drying properties was sent out to try and stop further damage, they left dryers on in our home for almost 2 weeks to remove as much moisture as possible. To aid the drying process they removed segments of the vinyl to expose the wooden boards. Unfortunately, this was where things started to go wrong. We had humidity tests done on our kitchen ceiling and bathrooms after the drying company finished and they were still showing high moisture levels a month afterwards. We got a series of quotes for the repairs and found that the settlement would only cover about 10% of the cost. Given AXA didn’t seem to want to accept the quote as “fair” we decided in January that we would get our own contractors in to fix our kitchen ceiling as we wanted to avoid future issues and would reclaim the additional costs later. Our contractors repaired that damage professional and promptly, however we were now £300 out of pocket as the settlement (before the excess was deducted) hadn’t been sufficient. We challenged AXA on this and eventually they accepted the repair cost for the kitchen ceiling was greater than initially believed and increased the settlement amount for this aspect, although we were still out of pocket for it. As AXA didn’t feel the quotes we sent them for the bathrooms were reasonable and we couldn’t come to agreement we agreed that AXA could instruct its own contractors to carry out the repairs, as if additional damage was incurred this would be covered. After several visits to scope the work we were expecting the works to be agreed by the end of February. However, AXA spent over a month negotiating the costs with the contracts and the works weren’t agreed till the later end of March. The expected date for the works during Easter came and went and still nothing had been done. We complained and subsequently the contracts had to do another site visit (why we have no idea!), and a date for the works was agreed for July. However, as they did not order the replacement vinyl they did not turn up nor notify us in advance, which wasted the time we booked of work. A later date at the end of July was agreed, the work should have taken 2 days as per the scope of works, however when the contractors turned up at 8am they did not have all the necessary materials they had to go pick up this, in addition they didn’t seem interested in carrying out all the works on the scope and had to be challenged on this. They left our house at 11:30am the same day as they had “finished”. However, their definition of finishing involved them causing thousands of pounds of damage to our bathroom tiles, as they had failed to show due care and attention at our property. In their rush to “finish” the job they had caused more damage than they been sent to fix, they could not connect soil pipes correctly and our sinks aren’t level (they are about 1cm higher on the right hand side). When we complained to the contractor they told us that new scoping would be needed for the tiling repairs so they wouldn’t be fitting the vinyl, so at this point we had been 8 months without proper covering for our bathroom floors! We complained to AXA about this, according the “Claims Manager” the contractors had been trying to “minimise disruption for our family” which was why they hadn’t been there that long. The damage to the tiling was “incidental” and wasn’t the contractors fault. Personally I’m shocked by such a claim as normally if you are experiencing difficulties you would advise the home owner, or stop and inform them after damage is incurred, not carry on and destroy the other bathroom before informing the home owner! AXA is refusing to cover the cost of repairing he bathrooms to their former state, they also want to use their contractors again and follow a suggested plan (which we have been advised by other contractors is unlikely to work without incurring further damage). Apparently AXA has no other contractors who service our area (North Essex) except the ones based in East London so we’re limited to them, or a cash settlement. When told they could use their own contractors again on the provision they agree to cover further damage as a result of the repair attempt I was told that AXA could not agree to this condition. Our only recourse now has to been to seek new quotes for the repairs and once supplied we will be initiating small claims court action as AXA has no intention of fulfilling their contractual agreement."
"Liars - they lie to your face about your claim, timelines of receiving your compensation and even about their systems."
"I need Claims information when previously insured with AXA. No-one picks up with phone...when they finally answer you are on hold for over 20 minutes. (Three times I have been on hold for this period of time!) I have emailed and no-one responds. Appalling customer service!! Still on hold whilst typing this.....!"
"Bad, bad, bad people, VERY poor customer service, if you value your time and your life do not use this company because they don't."
"Broke my ankle back in march which required surgery. We used my fiance's phone no (she lives in the states) for all the paper work during any Dr's appointment, for the ER visit etc. She started getting letters from collection agencies so i called AXA to find out what the problem was. No problems i was told, we are finalising payments etc they said. Finally get an e-mail over a month ago saying that everything was being paid and settled. Fiance recieves a phone call from a debt collection agency 2 days ago chasing chasing a payment, called AXA to find out why it hadn't been paid. They assured me it had and sent me a statement saying everything had been paid and no debt collectors should be calling. Yesterday, another phone call from a different debt collection agency chasing a payment. Called AXA again, low and behold they hadn't paid one of the bills after assuring me everything was settled. I had sent them the bill more than once and the final demands more than once. The amount of stress and worry this put on my fiance is beyond belief. DO NOT USE THEM!!!!"
"Never going to have an insurance with them again. It was just a flat tire and they keep claiming documents from the car hire company that they tell me are not necessary. They will always find the way to avoid paying you. Not imagine if it was a serious accident instead of a flat tire. Take my advice choose a different company"
"Fake. We hired a car via Ryanair and got axa insurance as only option. But the car company did not accept this insurance and therefore wanted us to buy the official insurance or leave deposition on 900 eur, which they would Keep if something happened. Do not use AXA. Their policy is very unclear and they may never repay the 900."
"Absolutely Shocking. Don’t go near them. Don’t be fooled by Lloyds Bank Gold service acc adding travel insurance as a bonus. Non paying con artists. Avoided 100,000euro bill for a Lloyds bank account holder with Brain Tumour !! All because way outs endless boarding pass ?? It’s impossible to avoid expletives but let’s meet the arrogant CEO it’s purely a rip off you’ve got no genuine cover full stop"
"Dreadful company and won't ever use again. Had a car accident but couldn't get a courtesy car when I was entitled to one. Biggest problem is trying to speak to someone, you spend hours and hours trying to get through! I even wrote a letter to them as I had a query and am still waiting for a reply."
AXA Insurance is rated 2.88 based on 622 reviews