AXA Insurance Reviews

AXA Insurance have a Customer Happiness Grade of B-. Customers love their prices and customer service but are unhappy with their refunds. Full Insights

49% of reviewers recommend AXA Insurance
1 New Reviews Written
1PM
1PM

How would you rate AXA Insurance ?

"This insurance company is run by theives, do not use this company for insurance, I tried to cancel my insurance early even though I payed for the year 1 month early they charged me £35 these guys are thieves do not us, only god knows what would happen if you had a claim"
"What's the point in declaring that you use your car for commuting purposes if the car insurance company you pay for don't provide you with a courtesty car until 5 working days later? Horrendous. Lazy advisors that try and fob off your claim, e.g "I'll get someone to give you a call back as soon as." Which they don't. You have to constantly contact them for more information, which when you work full time is an absolute nightmare!! Everything is managed by third parties therefore Axa actually have no information or knowledge about your claim. Absolute joke of a company. Also their 'approved repairers' provide even less service than Axa themselves, I didn't even think that was possible. My advise would be to steer clear!!"
"great cover for excellent price"
"Very please item I ordered came very quick and in perfect condition"
"So far I've been waiting for 5 days since my accident for them to call me with a date and garage to take my car to for repairs. I was told I would get a call back 24-48 after my initial call to report the accident, I didn't get the call so I called them....I was told as it's Friday it would be Monday now when I get the call....so I waited....the call hasn't come again so I've called them to ask what's going on....been on hold for 40 minutes so far and I've not spoken to anyone yet! Thought insurance companies were supposed to take the stress out of making a claim...these guys are disorganised cowboys. I'll be going back to Admiral or Direct Line at the end of my policy"
"The most painful experience trying to make a claim. Our car was parked and someone drove into it. Luckily we had a witness. Explained it all to Axa. Weeks later nothing. Contacted them said it was my fault but its ok as we are full comp. I queried why they hadn't contacted the witness and tracked down the other car. They said they had no record of a witness and the other cars details. I gave them the details again. Weeks later I chased them and exactly the same thing. Witness not contacted, other driver not tracked down. I just phoned them regarding the renewal increase and it was because we had a claim that was our fault!!! I was like talking to a brick wall. Utter utter incompetence. Hours of my life on the phone for something that was pretty simple."
"I was unfortunate in the past few weeks and had my car stolen. I’ve never had anything like this done to me before and axa car insurance have been excellent with the claim! They will be getting my business again ***** 5 start rating"
"A client of AXA hit one of our company vehicles and attempted to drive off. After several months they finally accepted liability. We wanted to pursue directly through AXA so, it wouldn't affect our claims experience with our own insurer. They kept hanging up the phone on me, even though their details were given to me by my own insurer. They wouldn't communicate with the bodyshop who did the estimate and the claims handler would not listen to me, talked over me then started shouting at me and hung up. I phoned back and asked to speak to her manager Hafiza who had the same attitude, very rude, condescending and not helpful at all. Apparently they closed the file, I kept on at them and finally got it reopened as the incident was fairly recent. Out of all the insurance companies I dealt with, this is by far the worst experience I've had. Needs major improvement."
"This is the worst corrupted insurance company that I’ve ever had any dealt with"
"Terrible experience had a incident which wasnt my fault ring uo the insurance company to sort it out cause thats what i pay for but now 2-3weeks later im still chasing people around they toke my car still aint got it back they only give me 14day courtesy car so now im at complete loss getting taxi everywhere and i cant help but feel the insurance company just dont care about their customer very unhappy with axa i wouldnt recommend them to anyone."
"Everything, The most unprofessional company I have ever experienced in my life. I work in services and have had an extensive experience dealing with customers myself but this company is the most horrific company I have ever come across, Never have they resolved my issues in a timely manner, Never have they communicated in an acceptable manner, Always having to contact them for updates and constantly having to explain what they need to do as a company rather than the company advising me. I'd rather work for the Devil than working for this company atleast He will be upfront about ruining my life up, I pity the person who has to purchase an type of insurance from this diabolical company or even has the pleasure of working for this scam organisation."
"This is a con. Please do yourself a favour and avoid at all costs. They will promise to call you back but won't, they promise to pass you onto the correct department, they won't BUT they'll do all this slowly so you pass the 14 day cooling off period so you can't get your money back."
"I purchased an insurance policy, when I made a claim I was given the run around. I was first told to call a U.S. Phone number, then U.K., afterwards CZ Republic. Each customer service agent referred me to one of the these 3 countries. After a month of calls and emails I was informed that I would not receive a refund. I would give the company a zero rating, however 1 is the lowest. To improve the quality of service I suggest the agency corespond internally to provide punctual information."
"Contacting the claims team is horrendous, averaging 20 to 50 minutes to answer calls. Still waiting for anyone to call back. Ongoing no fault claim taken over 6 months so far and still not resolved!!!!!!!!"
"Have been trying to contact the claims dept for the past 3 days ... on hold for a minimum of 45 minutes per call; only for the line to cut off "everytime"!! This was a non fault claim and its totally unacceptable that i cannot discuss with a team member to get the claim settled. This is now beyond the joke and i would suggest to any potential customer... "think twice" before engaging this company to insure on your behalf.... you will be sorry !!!!!!"
"2016 my iPad fell of the bed I called to ASK if my policycovered me told NO yet the following year I went to renew with another cheaper company to be told I had been flagged as making a claim This was Making me look bad with new insurance company even though I made NO claim !!!"
"I'm currently with Aviva and happy with them. When I had a call from Securehealth last year they wanted to arrange a home visit to try and sell me their insurance. I declined and since then the amount of calls I have had have been shocking! I keep on asking them to stop calling me but it falls on death ears. Today yet another call suggesting they come to my business instead of my home. I told them to take me off their data base for the tenth time! I really wish this company did not have my work number as I can't block them. Pushy sales people that don't take no for an answer. I wouldn't use them for that reason alone."
"really bad customer service, ignored emails in relation to a bogus claim and paid out the other party regardless."
"Only putting 1 star as have to put something. They are diabolicaly bad as are Vision the third party (organisers? Still not sure of the point of them... just there to cause you more problems) they insist you go through for repairs. Made me angry and cry and very stressed. Service so bad it seems deliberate. Can't see how anyone can be so bad. Putting formal complaint together but please save yourself the stress and look for another company. Can't put it all here it's been a catalogue of errors but trust me they're awful. I'm being very restrained here but think of the worst words you know, those are the words that this company deserves."
"Had trade policy with this bunch of thieves. Great until third party hit and rolled sons car. Although proven not our fault AXA made every stage difficult. first said he was not insured, then had to argue to get correct valuation for vehicle and then did not want to pay storage charge for salvage which accumulated because the claim took 8 months of complete time wasting tactics. I had to use ALL my business acumen to stamp on their little tricks. They even sent solicitor threatening letters to release car but i stood my ground and WON. I would strongly advise against using these conning FRENCH b-----ds for ANY insurance."
AXA Insurance is rated 2.90 based on 613 reviews

Get ready for our phone call!