AXA Insurance Reviews

50% of reviewers recommend AXA Insurance

How would you rate AXA Insurance ?

"I'm currently with Aviva and happy with them. When I had a call from Securehealth last year they wanted to arrange a home visit to try and sell me their insurance. I declined and since then the amount of calls I have had have been shocking! I keep on asking them to stop calling me but it falls on death ears. Today yet another call suggesting they come to my business instead of my home. I told them to take me off their data base for the tenth time! I really wish this company did not have my work number as I can't block them. Pushy sales people that don't take no for an answer. I wouldn't use them for that reason alone."
"really bad customer service, ignored emails in relation to a bogus claim and paid out the other party regardless."
"Only putting 1 star as have to put something. They are diabolicaly bad as are Vision the third party (organisers? Still not sure of the point of them... just there to cause you more problems) they insist you go through for repairs. Made me angry and cry and very stressed. Service so bad it seems deliberate. Can't see how anyone can be so bad. Putting formal complaint together but please save yourself the stress and look for another company. Can't put it all here it's been a catalogue of errors but trust me they're awful. I'm being very restrained here but think of the worst words you know, those are the words that this company deserves."
THOROUGHLY DISGUSTED JOHN FROM BEDFORDSHIRE
Verified Reviewer
"Had trade policy with this bunch of thieves. Great until third party hit and rolled sons car. Although proven not our fault AXA made every stage difficult. first said he was not insured, then had to argue to get correct valuation for vehicle and then did not want to pay storage charge for salvage which accumulated because the claim took 8 months of complete time wasting tactics. I had to use ALL my business acumen to stamp on their little tricks. They even sent solicitor threatening letters to release car but i stood my ground and WON. I would strongly advise against using these conning FRENCH b-----ds for ANY insurance."
"Just won't answer phone or reply to e mails."
Geoffrey Irving
Verified Reviewer
"I have had buildings cover for 30 years without a claim. It took me 30 minutes to get through on the telephone, when I tried to make a claim for a water leak. After explaining the situation to a customer service representative, I was passed to another department. I then had to explain the claim fully again to another representative and the phone line went dead. Another long wait on the telephone when I rang again. They then stated I had did not have emergency cover. I have today cancelled my policy."
A
"No renewal discount no dash cam discount very misleading offers, had other Insurance which was much better at it so don't expect these offer when buying atleast."
"All negative"
"Big mistake by joining axa, very poor customer service not polite at all, can't provide any useful information, long delays even when third party accepts the fault, only one number to call takes minimum 45 minutes to answer if they don't cut the call before, don't keep their words, etc. Would ever recommend anyone to join them unfortunately I'm getting depressed by dealing with axa insurance cause even being their customer don't get any kind of support, very sad, just money is important to them"
"After 2 hours on hold i am now extremely p****d off with them, my insurance company also can't get hold of them to get my claim settled, absolute joke of a company and shouldn't be allowed to trade."
"very poor customer service spent hours on the phone,also they never reply to my email stay out of this company."
""Bunch of bastards, paid out the claim. Told me I could change the vehicle and continue the policy. When I tried to do so they basically said they do not want me. What's the point of insurance then? Do not get AXA insurance""
"extremely poor customer service. No one to answer phone lines on hold well over an hour. Never reply to emails. all together better off using someone else. DO NOT USE AXA"
David S Mansworth
Verified Reviewer
"Axa customer treated appallingly After many years with SAGA. I experienced a incident last year where a van caused a crash for cash incident. No damage to me but presented a many thousand claim. And despite my first reporting to Police and fully detailing matter to AXA & their agent SAGA. Providing police report and all letters to & from, and also to the insurers AXA Insurance LTD (SAGA are only agents they don't insure you) they increased my insurance by over 50% (£100) and reduced my NCB this despite it being totally claim free & 11years protected. Which I paid extra to protect NCB. Now left saga and they have left the penalty to file. Although I never made any claim on the policy, they still increased.and marked NCB file. . Beware when insuring with Axa & saga !!! they will accept any claim against you no matter how the evidence is presented to show the claim is fraudulent & dubious. and one way or another get reimbursement from you. . .Avoid SAGA and AXA Insurance. . I bet they won't publish this review."
"Dreadful company that doesn't deliver customer service, long queues to get through to inexperienced advisors. Promise to phone back but never do. STAY AWAY FROM AXA"
"Charged me £114.14 just to remove a named driver from my policy. I changed it online so they had nothing to do but then they hold you to ransom and extort money from you. They even said with making the change online I wouldn't be charged an admin fee so I'm at odds to know how they rip people off for so much. The banks were punished for robbing customers it should be the same on thieving companies like AXA"
Omid Ashrafi
Verified Reviewer
"I had an accident, where a car drove into my car from behind hitting my rear passenger side. I called the claim line but since it was a Sunday, it was an out of office. Spent 45 minutes on the phone explaining what happened. After everything, she told me someone will call me from AXA. After no one got back to me I called them during working hours who mentioned no one has sent anything through to them. Instead, they asked for all the details again. But what is frustrating is that I had to wait for 25 minutes before someone picked up. When the driver hit me, they took full responsibility, but my insurance says this is not the case and their system says this is a split. I called the driver back and he confirmed he was at fault, so I called AXA back and after waiting for 40 minutes nobody picked up and because I was at work I had to hang up. This is not a friendly company at all, their claim line is atrocious and their staff are not as helpful. I am so angry by the way they are treating me, I just don't want anyone else going this experience. Don't go with AXA, they are terrible."
"I have been waiting for a refund of €1,300 for 28 days now, very bad customer service and misleading information regarding the return of the money. I asked numerous times if I could call into the office to get the refund back on my card to which they would not allow - saying it had to go by cheque in the post. Meanwhile I went on holidays for 2 weeks and still no cheque. I contacted them to see what was going on and I was told that I had to call into the office with my card. I called in 5 days later (their weekday opening hours 9-5 don't suit me as I work full time) and 4 days later, the money still is not back on my card. Completely unacceptable and I will never be dealing with them again - a nightmare !!"
"waiting for 75mins on hold before able to speak to call centre"
AXA Insurance is rated 2.94 based on 597 reviews