AXA Insurance Reviews

7PM
7PM

Tell us how AXA Insurance made you happy

Over a week
"I am trying to sort out an existing claim however it's over an hour on hold every time before phone gets answered (if it does indeed get answered) you dread phoning them. Awful!!!"
Are you AXA Insurance? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"i had public liability and damaged a very expensive whilst fitting it (4000 ponds) and they found loop hole not to pay out . Why is this allowed even the lady who told me I was not insured agreed they were robbing me and a lot of other people but they are the claims department not the insurer. This is my first claim in 18 years of self employed plumbing ."
"Bought travel lnsurance made a genuine claim for lost or stolen purse on july2015 , claims person made every excuse not to pay the claim and even said to my wife if she had a photograph of her with her purse in it ,what a joke ,who has a photograph holding up their purse."
"Won't allow mudflaps on a white painted car to protect the paintwork. "Modification""
"Awful service, would never ever use again"
"Absolutely horrendous company! Wrote my car off on 16/2/18, called to offer me a settlement which we accepted immediately, called today 1/3/18 to follow only to be told they've changed their mind and HALVED the settlement offered!! John Daly was rude, arrogant and couldn't have cared less, have had no choice but to go to the financial ombudsman, especially as we were already accepted £300 less than the cost to replace the car. Great insurance if you don't ever need to claim, but if you do, don't expect to see very much without a fight!! Back to RAC who were AMAZING when my car was stolen several years ago."
"Axa seem fine until you try phoning them then they don’t answer. Have just been on the phone 25 minutes, dreadful music, continually interrupted by a voice telling me it would be answered soon. Gave up. They handled the claim well initially but now They will not get information which might be of interest to them. You only find out how good an insurance company is when you need them. I now know."
"Trying to contact liability department after a clear cut case where third party was on the wrong side of the road and smashed straight into me to get confirmation that I'm not at fault. Currently been on hold for almost 2 hours, yesterday 1 hour and no answer, Monday 2 hours and no answer. No replies to my emails either. Rubbish customer service and would recommend avoiding AXA at all cost."
"the question should be what went right"
"Had an accident with another vehicle (foreign truck driver), not my fault but I am fully comprehensive, I eventually got paid out for my car, but lost £300 excess. This happened in July 2017. I rote a poor review and got £50 has an apology with a promise of the matter getting sorted out, we are now in February 2018 with no finishing date? RAC are now asking me to get in touch with AXA due to them not responding to RAC £150 bill for collecting my car at the side of the road. RAC could not believe how they have been treated. Ill end up paying the bill £150 and deep down knowing Ill never see the £300 excess again. if anyone is reading this, stay well away from AXA car insurance or if you value anything that needs insurance stay well away."
"Leakey roof after storm damage. You would think the house insurance would cover it or the bricks and mortar, we had both with Axa. Nope, never answer the phone and couldn’t even get them to answer the emails or letters we had written. Might as well of thrown the insurance money out of a bus window."
"Put a claim in 5 weeks ago,hit a gate post in the snow but I'm fully comp. so dead straightforward, the approved repairers responded within 24hrs, I've now spent just as long trying to get a decision from Axa as to what they're going to do. No chance of them answering the phone, the only time I got through a little girl in an office told me they'd authorised the repair but that was not true. No idea what to do now."
"for claim car, insurance Minimum six months can go up to 10 years."
"Tried to get though on the phone 3 times last week but gave up due to long waiting times. Currently now been on hold for 2 hours 8 minutes so far!!"
"I used go compare to get quotes. As AXA came up with the cheapest deal I then proceeded to their site to purchase my insurance. All was good until I went to pay for it and an error code came up. I called the company to pay over the phone and was told one story from one advisor why my card was not taken then a totally different story from another advisor that it was nothing to do with my payment details but sometimes they just decide not to insure you. An absolute joke. If you can quote someone based on the details they submitted in go compare then not follow through and provide the insurance then what's the point in quoting to insure the said vehicle in the first place. Wasted my time calling them back twice. Called back my previous insurer and have renewed with them."
"They don't even deserve the 1 star! Completely the worst company dealt with! I thought I was buying Travel Insurance with a reputable company who would be competent and professional in what they do and the service they provide but I was wrong! After being involved in an accident abroad, my family contacted the 24/7 medical claims line. They did not go through any verification process so have for one breached data protection but regardless of that, they failed to provide the medical support and any other support. I was left in another country suffering a serious head injury and skull factory all by myself when I thought I would be covered with this insurance. We have a list of around 15 failings from AXA who in an email have admitted and apologised in their failings however now that an official complaint has been emailed, we have stopped hearing from them. Solicitors will be instructed and we will make sure AXA respond to every call, message and email they have ignored! A total team full of incompetent unprofessional scumbags!"
"I cancelled my insurance renewal and it took them a month to even reply to my email. They only replied after I left a bad review on Feefo. Now they want to charge me cancellation fees and a months insurance becuase they took a month to reply. I have to have debt collectors and small claims court. There are many other problems but I would honestly say they are the worst car insurance company I have ever gone with."
"I've been on hold for 2 hours, 5 minutes and 47 seconds. I've never been on hold this long to any other company in my 33 years and 5 months on this earth. I reckon if I rang AXA on 0330 024 8086 at 8am this morning, I'd still be on hold when the world ends. Putting it into context, I could of played a whole football match or watched a film or two episodes of Peaky Blinders or 4 episodes of Friends or driven to London and back again or just in general did something useful with my life in the time that I have had to wait. And what sums it up... they cut me off. Someone pass me a shovel so I can dig out my will to live."
"A relative bought axa travel insurance through tui. While away one member of the party ended up spending 5 out of 7 days in hospital. It took a while to get compensation for the lost holiday. The hospital bill wasn't paid out by axa at the time. Turns out there was a paperwork era, no-one informed us. One year later the hospital sent bill for £5000. The correspondence and medical requests from Axa assistance were not clear what medical information they required. When GP sent report they said they didn't receive it. You have to deal with a department in Barcelona, Absolute nightmare, Expected to pay for medical reports. No peace of mind which you expect to have when you purchase insurance"
"BE AWARE YOUNG DRIVERS!! App did not record the undertaken journeys: Subsequently, AXA invoked our young drivers policy....... But surprisingly AXA are happy to provide another (more expensive) quotation for a 'new' policy."
AXA Insurance is rated 2.88 based on 644 reviews