AXA Insurance Reviews

AXA Insurance have a Customer Happiness Grade of B-. Customers love their prices and customer service but are unhappy with their refunds. Full Insights

49% of reviewers recommend AXA Insurance
1 New Reviews Written
10PM
10PM

How would you rate AXA Insurance ?

"Don't bother ringing them they never answer ! My 92 year old father had a claim in November 17 and was emailed in December to be told the claim was settled and now closed. In July 18 a firm of solicitors wrote to him saying axis had not settled the claim with the co -op ( the other drivers insurers ). Therefore could he send them a cheque for £2358.60. It really distressed and upset him, as he always paid in full and thought it was resolved. Have tried ring 3 times in 2 days and been on hol 27, 33 and 39 minutes without being answered the last call being cut off because it was six o clock . What a way to treat your paying customers . Wouldn't recommend them 0 out of 10 ."
"Put a claim in over 2 months ago and not a single phonecall about, put a conplaint in and still no phonecall even though a note has been sent to ring me. Just had to pay out my excess just to get my car back from non fault accident"
"Very bad claim process. Waste of time and money. You need to chase and follow up with them constantly for about 6 months, send loads of documents they request for, and then they will find one small reason (oh, your cash withdrawals were too spread out over a few days instead of one day) and decide not to payout. Other insurance companies would have paid out your lump sum claim when you show proof of cancellation, delay, etc. but here, they ask for your bank statements (?!?!?!)."
"If you want to spend hours and hours waiting on the phone whilst trying to chase up your claim then this is the company for you. Dreadful service, constantly chasing up progress of claim but having to sit on the phone for hours to do so. Avoid them like the plague."
"Poor claims management, nothing actively done on my file for weeks on end. Constantly having to chase to see where my claim is upto. Always placing the delays at the foot of the customer. Seriously avoid, Esure are a far better alternative."
"Forego the AXA insurance and take the insurance from the car rental company at the desk. It will cost a little more, but you will deal with no hassle at all! If someone side swipes or damages the car, you turn it in and hand the key over. that's it. This happened to me and AXA would not pay the claim."
"Don't make the mistake I did. Choose an alternative insurance provider. I was involved in a accident that wasn't my fault and my car is in the garage being repaired. We have a family holiday booked and had planned to drive from Scotland to and from Newcastle airport to catch our flights. Our issue is that when we return from holiday on Wednesday evening they think it's acceptable to ask our family including our son who has special needs to spend the entire night in the airport without the facilities we require for our son until the car hire desk opens the following day. They will not give us any further help. Axa this accident wasn't our fault!! If they had let us use the hire car and park it in the airport parking like we intended to do with our own car before our accident then there would be no issue. Axa has left me with 2 options hire the car size we require for the time we need it for at a cost of £650 Or book our family into a nearby hotel at a cost of approx £300 In a non fault accident you don't expect to have to pay a minimum of £300 out your own pocket for something that wasn't your fault and if you had your own car you wouldn't be paying. To make matters worse when I had my accident I was left with no transport to get home and waited 48 hours for a hire car. I wrote a complaint email to them and got zero help. This company have no respect or willingness to help their customers at a time when they need it the most."
"they will use any excuse for not pay, complete liers"
"Trying to contact with axa insurance it’s nearly 50 minutest. Oh my dear why is so long never experienced..very poor service and also keep increasing insurance premiums each years."
"Just lost 16YEARS no claims due to 2 minor accidents..one of which WAS NOT my fault but AXA DIDNT bother to fight my corner, challenge the third party, collect or even look at info id sent at their request, or do anything that i paid my premium for them to do! By the way.......THIS WAS PROTECTED NO CLAIMS BONUS THAT I PAID AN EXTRA £90 TO PROTECT. Now left with 4yrs no claims after 20+ yrs of driving AVOID, AVOID, AVOID....TOTAL WASTE OF TIME & MONEY"
"Axa took far too much out of a friend's account without notification resulting in him being unable to return some money to me whech prevented me paying one of my bills on time. Axa charges for address change ridiculous plus you still sent notifications to old address so he did not get them. Very unhelpful and left him with no funding to pay for tax & mot ! No logic or common sense!"
"Multiple admin errors compounded by appalling customer service. I spent hours on hold at a time trying to speak to someone and they just don't answer."
"Left with no kitchen for 17 months with 3 kids. Having to email Axa and their many partners in crime who are hopeless to deal with. We still have no cooker after 65 weeks and they left us with no drinking water for 22 weeks. Terrible company to have to deal with so I’d advise against."
"After sending proof of my no claimes discount , I got an email saying due to not sending proof they are putting my car insurance up , £73 rip off !!"
"AVOID AVOID AVOID. They have no loyalties towards customers, & will not fight for you! Rather bend over & allow you to get f***ed Ridiculous service!"
"Waited on the phone for 30mins and no one has answered! Kept hold of card details for insurance that isn’t my policy without my consent!"
"Great quote. Well designed website. Excellent service all round."
"Everything."
"Somebody crashed into me and got no help from customer services or claims line been sitting with no car for 5 days up to now and i,ve got fully comp proper appalling"
"Do not use. Horrendous customer service."
AXA Insurance is rated 2.91 based on 612 reviews

Get ready for our phone call!