AXA Insurance Reviews

50% of reviewers recommend AXA Insurance

How would you rate AXA Insurance ?

"Waited on the phone for 30mins and no one has answered! Kept hold of card details for insurance that isn’t my policy without my consent!"
Dr Gareth Evans
"Great quote. Well designed website. Excellent service all round."
"Everything."
"Somebody crashed into me and got no help from customer services or claims line been sitting with no car for 5 days up to now and i,ve got fully comp proper appalling"
"Do not use. Horrendous customer service."
"axa not sorting anything put"
"After phoning with a problem they did everything to help sort. Thanks."
"AXA's Claims staff are shockingly bad at their jobs or the department is just ridiculously understaffed - it took more than 9 months for them to deal with one claim and over 6 months to deal with another. Refuse to provide a courtesy car for repairs even though I was entitled to it under my policy, lied about witnesses not sending statements and sending allegations to Third Party insurers. The department is supposed to be open from 8-5 Monday to Friday but you still get an out of office message when trying to call after 8am and you have to wait at least 40 minutes just for someone to answer the phone. Worst customer service experience ever!"
"i was trying to report accident they are not taking the phone i think it should be 24 hrs service..seriously this company is amazing"
Russell J Chedzoy
Unverified Reviewer
"had renewal of my car insurance ,went on comparison site site and found it £200 cheaper ,,,,,,, SHAME ON YOU AXA russell j chedzoy you customer for 3 years"
Christine Williams
Unverified Reviewer
"I bought extra insurance from Axa in order to hire a car from malaga airport. When i arrived in Malaga, i was told this insurance was no good and i had to buy their insurance at a cost of £260. Thus the axa insurance was " useless " . No pay, no car was their answer. I contacted Axa and ryanair and the answer I have received is "sorry, nothing we can do" so why are they selling these policies if they are useless. I am an oap, the Ryanair flight was delayed due to snow, I was stranded with no car, and i am very cross that this is allowed to happen and no one cares."
Malcolm
"gr8 prices and easy to get round site all information good"
"Made a small genuine claim for a stolen bag on holiday, AXA have put every possible obstacle in the way, we have complied with all requests including sending photographs of myself and my wife wearing the stolen sunglasses on previous day, as proof of ownership. Now they want receipts for everything in the bag, and the bag itself. This is not only impossible (some of the items are 3 or 4 years old, and the receipts long gone) but also a highly unreasonable expectation for an insurance company to have."
"I am trying to sort out an existing claim however it's over an hour on hold every time before phone gets answered (if it does indeed get answered) you dread phoning them. Awful!!!"
Paul Pattison
Unverified Reviewer
"i had public liability and damaged a very expensive whilst fitting it (4000 ponds) and they found loop hole not to pay out . Why is this allowed even the lady who told me I was not insured agreed they were robbing me and a lot of other people but they are the claims department not the insurer. This is my first claim in 18 years of self employed plumbing ."
Brian Lidbetter
Verified Reviewer
"Bought travel lnsurance made a genuine claim for lost or stolen purse on july2015 , claims person made every excuse not to pay the claim and even said to my wife if she had a photograph of her with her purse in it ,what a joke ,who has a photograph holding up their purse."
"Won't allow mudflaps on a white painted car to protect the paintwork. "Modification""
Ian C
"Awful service, would never ever use again"
Rebecca Bryson
Verified Reviewer
"Absolutely horrendous company! Wrote my car off on 16/2/18, called to offer me a settlement which we accepted immediately, called today 1/3/18 to follow only to be told they've changed their mind and HALVED the settlement offered!! John Daly was rude, arrogant and couldn't have cared less, have had no choice but to go to the financial ombudsman, especially as we were already accepted £300 less than the cost to replace the car. Great insurance if you don't ever need to claim, but if you do, don't expect to see very much without a fight!! Back to RAC who were AMAZING when my car was stolen several years ago."
"Axa seem fine until you try phoning them then they don’t answer. Have just been on the phone 25 minutes, dreadful music, continually interrupted by a voice telling me it would be answered soon. Gave up. They handled the claim well initially but now They will not get information which might be of interest to them. You only find out how good an insurance company is when you need them. I now know."
AXA Insurance is rated 2.94 based on 597 reviews