Autosaint Reviews

16% of reviewers recommend Autosaint

How would you rate Autosaint?

We need a working email address to verify that your review is genuine.

197 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00
toby

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about Autosaint in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
"just like every other one of these reviews i was also conned. there was a reason autosaints was the cheapest insurance quote. they give you cheap insurance and then slam you with awful service and other fee's. after having a black box fitted for just a week i recieved a call every day asking why i was in certain places and moaning i was speeding when my dashboard still shows it as being green. i've now cancelled my insurance after just 3 weeks. i lost a small fortune by cancelling it but i would rather loose that money then give them thieving scum another penny."
"AVOID AT ALL COSTS MY PEOPLE!! it is absurd, they are very very very very controlling and strict and do not understand everyone's situation. IF you got 1 over the speed limit e.g doing 21 on a 20 they will lower your score quickly. do this 3 times and they will cancel! ABSOLUTELY Disgraceful."
"Stay away!!! i was wanting to put more miles on my car, rang to see and they wanted £200 up front and then to put my policy up another £60!!! after paying £349 deposit, i then rang to see how much it would cost to cancel an was told £98, i was fine with that then when i rang back to do so i was then told it would be £180!!!! Rip off!!!... i then went online to see if i can get insurance cheaper (which i did) i rang them and told then how much i was quoted and was told "good for you".....being a first time driver please don't choose this company!! that was my mistake and was half ripped off until i told them to get lost!!"
"Purchased Policy Start of January, to then be told i'd have to pay an extra £2000 if it was being kept at my student address. Then when i cancel they tell me they will refund me £100 less than what i had paid (despite being in a cooling off period). Then to add insult to injury i phone them today (12th Feb) as they said the refund would be in by the 15th at the latest and they inform me that the refund had not yet been processed and that they would do it today but it would take 3-5 days to return to my account, therefore taking it past the original 30 days that they had said. Stay well clear of this company in future, they are con artists."
"Charged me £280 to change over my insurance to a new car ... i will be leaving them as soon as my insurance is up for renewal, absolutely disgusting to rip off loyal customers like that."
"Got a quote for £1700, after ringing them they said it was a mistake and due to a driving conviction it will increase to £4000+, 10 times i have recieved quotes £1700-2200 from these lot. Scam of a company they should be reported to ofcom for false advertising. I would 100% not go with these lot they are a scam!"
"poor service and poor company"
"This company is a scam!!!worst insurance company in the whole UK. They are very controlling with the telematics box. They will call you every week to ask why did you park in certain places or why you have done more mileage and other stupid reasons. They are always looking to get more money out of you with different fees. The cancellation is so expensive that it doesn't even allow you to leave them so you are basically trapped. For peace of mind DO NOT INSURE WITH THEM!!!"
"Very poor service from this insurance. Complete money scam. Was with them for 4 months and they decided to put my insurance up to £500 a month which is absolutely ridiculous because of “bad driving” when it was never speeding or “bad” worst insurance company i have ever gone with"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 month ago
"I receive weekly emails providing me with my current driving and speeding score for my black box. The web page for my driving score is easy to use and clearly shows all the information I need, it even gives you tips on how to improve on each category."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 month ago
"The worst car insurance to have ever come across. Controlling due to the fact that i am pregnant and have rights by law to be where i want and when i want. This company is a scam and should have read reviews before i put my trust in them"
"because of black box they cancelled my fucking insurance and i paid 781 for deposit they just gave me 134 pound refund rest of them they said cancellation fee blabla. if you want to do insure your car with auto saint please don't even think about it. Thanks"
"very controlling with telematics box, have to tell them about taking the car away for more than a week beforehand, cant wait to leave will not renew."
"Giving 1 star is generous!.. completely rip you off at every chance .. always charging for changing slight things on policy.. upgrading with extra mileage is very expensive. They can change with a click on their p.c but charge you stupid money..I can't wait to leave .. don't insure with them!!!"
"I have been insured with auto saint since October and not had any major problems within this time. Whenever I have had any questions or queries I have rung up and been dealt with almost straight away and always had my problems resolved by the customer service team. I also rung to change my number plate as I just got a private registration and they couldn’t have been more helpful with this. The only problem I have had since been insured is my dashboard going down and not updating quickly, it usually takes a day or two to update which is abit annoying. Other than this there are no problems with this insurance company and I think it is a great company to be insured with for my first years car insurance. However, other insurance companies do money back for good driving or more offers which autosaint doesn’t offer much but the insurance company alone are very good!"
"Really happy to talk to me did everything i asked, was brillaint! Best person I've spoke to from fresh insurance!"
"Absolutely horrible company. Staff are not helpful, charged me more than £120 to change my address on a piece of paper! Now they want to charge me another £1600 for extra 3000 miles although I already have paid £1300 for my insurance, so extra miles are way more expensive than the actual insurance! AVOID AT ALL COSTS"
"Its good if you live in the city where traffic hardely moves and bad if you live in the country where your pulling out onto 60mph roads as you get rated down on accceleration where you dont want to be rear ended! If you dont work on your car in the year as testing breaks after replacing brought my ratings right down and never budged up afterwards. So perfect if you drive like a oap but not for general driving"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 months ago
Disgusted Customer
Unverified Reviewer
"Absolutely disgraceful service! DO NOT TOUCH WITH A BARGE POLE! Extremely rude, incompetent staff! I would’ve got more helpful information from the company cleaner! Their website is filled with lies as is the whole company! The company refused to come to my place of work even after stating this is no problem on the website! DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY! Extortionate cancelling fees, help yourself out and look elsewhere!"
"Whole insurance company is useless and they only care about your money - do not recommended to anyone"
Autosaint is rated 1.75 based on 197 reviews