Autosaint Reviews

Autosaint have a Customer Happiness Grade of C. Customers are happy with their prices, customer service and refunds. Full Insights

17% of reviewers recommend Autosaint
Telephone

How would you rate Autosaint ?

"Awful company and awful insurance I’ve reverently passed my test and went with autosaint as they seemed to be giving us a good cheap deal when my blackbox was installed they said they would email me a link to keep track of it Ive been with them since February and they haven’t sent anything , I worked in a shop and then moved to a full time job because of this they said that I had to pay extra because I was working full time and I couldn’t change my policy to business, they then said I had to buy more miles so when phoned they said I had to pay extra upfront, wouldn’t recommend"
"I would vote -1 if possible. I have been an insurance consumer for 30 years and have never dealt with such an unprofessional company (scam). Please do not go with this insurance company. They prey on young drivers. It costs a small fortune to canel the policy, if you are not happy. I am not impressed with how they have treated my daughter at all!"
"A pain in the ass company to deal with from the moment you pay, i urge people to spend the extra money with a ‘real’ insurance company who dont mess you around and harass you to buy legal or other covers constantly"
"Wish I had read the reviews before taking out the policy. 😡"
"The only reason anyone will ever complain about autosaint is because they are breaking too harshly in areas where there is no need, they are accelerating at a dangerous rate in the environment they are in and if they are breaking the speed limit by 10-20 mph. If u do an emergency stop the box recognizes it. If you go 10% over in 30 zone it won't count you as speeding. People are complaining cuz they are driving like tits"
"Harsh Black Box system, policy got cancelled due to my braking being under their threshold, even though I was braking with plenty of time. I then tested to the system by braking extremely early and slowly, it was showing that it was still under their threshold. DONT USE AUTOSAINT"
"Wanted to change my vehicle a month before my insurance policy expired. Autosaint would not help me out and work with me. Instead insisted on applying charges. Terrible customer service"
"Worst insurance rob you for 10% of your insurance cost + 60£ fees when cancelling"
"It was a hassle to cancel my insurance, the customer service was not very good, plenty of room for improvement."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 weeks ago
"After seeing all the bad reviews, people being charged extra premiums and being treated so badly by this company. I cancelled my daughters insurance, not even 24hrs after taking the policy out. I had payed a £500 deposit, they charged me a £60 cancellation fee and £56 for 1 day of insurance I asked the advisor if she could break down the price for me because it obviously didn’t cost that much for 1 day of insurance and she couldn’t tell me, she just said that’s what come up on the computer (durrr). To top it off I’ve got to wait 30 days for my deposit back. Robbing b######s. Feel sorry for the young drivers who can’t get out this scam. Stay well away from these, they are just out for money wish I’d seen these reviews before paying. P.s they also told me that after the 14 days they would no longer be able to speak with me over the phone my daughter is under 18 sounds like their bullying tactics so I wouldn’t be able to stick up for her when they started wacking up the premiums."
"Auto saint is the worst insurer u can pick... I have a black box fitted and have had no problems with it unless I was actually speeding... I'm very disappointed, I decided to change my car... I rang them the day before and they told me it would be £360 just to change my car... they would do this over my last 3 payments... I brought the car the next day... a different story... I had to pay £380 but instead of over 3 months they did it over 2... I've had to pay £240 a month for the last 2 months.... I recommend avoiding this company.... there are so many out there so make the right choose and don't pick Autosaint.... or fresh insurance as it's the same company"
"I received no premiums or discounts even with my black box! Have to wait a whole year for that and it’s not even guaranteed. Although the box is very lenient, I wish I had received discounts quarterly (like other insurance companies) as I’m still paying a heck tonne and being restricted..."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 3 weeks ago
"in order to cancel my policy they told me i need to pay £500!!"
"Would never recommend this company absolute money grabbers. When my car was in the garage being repaired and also being taken for it's MOT the mechanic drove over the speed limit. For no fault of my own and even though evidence and proof it was not me driving they cancelled my policy 2 days after it's renewal date. Then they have only sent me 1 years no claims bonus when in fact I have 2 but they will not give me this evidence. Utter scumbags. So now for the second time in 1 month I am left with no car insurance and having to fork out money for new insurers and it's all the companies fault. Unfair dismissal and withholding information!"
"Completely rubbish Can not be contacted by phone won’t let me press any of the options, it is a good job I have not broken down"
"I took out this insurance exactly 1 month ago today. I have had phone calls and emails every day stating that I am speeding and breaking too harsh. I have been driving within speed limits and have been driving under the speed limit to ensure I do not get another phone call. They tried saying I was doing 37 in a 30 when the road was actually 40mph. They have stated that I will be cancelled if I do not change how I drive. Which I cannot change it because I have been driving everywhere at 26 mph because I’m scared they are going to cancel!! I have already paid 500 pound within my first month and they still continue to want more money. I cannot stress to young drivers enough to NOT GO with this company !! I wish I had looked at the reviews because now I am experiencing the grief and hassle myself !! They have told me if I want to cancel the policy it will be 360 pound to cancel. They have rang me up today stating that I have been speeding this week when I haven’t drove my car this week at all, it’s been at home for a whole week. When I asked them where this was they couldn’t tell me and said they couldn’t find the documents. Conning and want to bully young people to pay more money."
"Took out a policy with them about a month and a half ago, one with a black box, and initially it was all fine, until recently where my black box scores dipped dramatically, they have issued me a warning, and told me if I don’t improve they will cancel my policy, I have rang numerous times asking them for tips and to check the box is in not broken, but they refuse, will most likely be cancelling my policy and switching insurers"
"What went wrong? Well the list is as long as my arm but here is my main gripe. Rip off Britain at it's lowest. Took policy out for my son (17) got a fair price for 5000 miles. started paying direct debit to find after 3mths it had increased by an extra £40 per mth, what's this I ask them, reply was they had estimated my son would be going over the annual mileage and that it needed topping up. This was done without my consent so I told them to cancel, and I would pay nearer the time as a 1off payment because I would be paying interest on the extra added. Cost to me, £60 admin, WTF, for doing something I would not have agreed to A*holes. Now they contact me 3 mths later that increase of mileage is needed, ok I will pay. 1000miles £70, 2000 miles £280? what! 4 times the cost but only twice the distance, queried this and that is how they calculate cost.(someone needs a calculator) Paid for 3000 miles @£358 with another admin fee of £60, hey I already paid that can you waiver this (she spoke to manager) NO. This company is only out to take your money, god help us if we had an accident, I imagine they would come up with any excuse to avoid paying. STEER CLEAR OR PAY THE PRICE. I have rambled, but I am annoyed we really are powerless when dealing with companies like this who take and do not give be warned!"
"Lady I spoke to was friendly and helpful. Made me fully aware of every part of my policy."
"made 3 calls to the office, each time staff were very helpful (Thank you Ben, Joel & Kim) Nothing was too much trouble and they all apologised for the call queuing time Would highly recommend this service Thank you"
Autosaint is rated 1.78 based on 241 reviews