Autosaint Reviews

16% of reviewers recommend Autosaint

How would you rate Autosaint?

207 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about Autosaint in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
"Disgusting customer service. Took out a policy which at the time told them I may have to change the vehicle on the policy due to MOT, was told no problem but when I changed the vehicle they wanted another £800 on top of an already expensive policy. When finally cancelled they made it impossible saying “they can match it” even though they can’t. Even when cancelled the pathetically low refund will take 30 days and they will still take money out of account. When phoned up they lie about what’s been said and don’t care about all the bad reviews because apparently that’s the “minority” despite nearly every review being 1 star"
"Warning! Stay away from this company they will mislead you. Tried to purchase insurance from Autosaint. Received an email quoting "call us for confirmation" after taking payment. Didn't receive the policy or documents. They tried to further charge me £175 because I hadn't owned the car for long enough and another £80 for administration. Even though I never confirmed details on the phone at their request. They are now trying to charge me £60 administration fees for cancellation, to a policy I did not agree too."
"Disgraceful and embarrasing insurance company. Lots of hidden charges from nowhere... apparently i owe them £568 for something but i never knew about it. Got charged £700 for extra 4,500 miles and also got told why am i doing 57 in a 30mph zone but infact the road was a 60!! I asked them to send me a report of where i was speeding and they refused!!! keep away from this company. Nothing but a scam!"
"wanting to charge an extra 350 to change the v5, then a 90 admin fee and then a further cost of 100 to cancel the policy even though the insurance cover hadn't even started yet. AVOID!!!!!!!!!!"
"Honestly wish I could give no stars. Never been treated so badly in my life - scum that bully young drivers. Please avoid at all costs honestly been an awful experience with them; they cancelled my policy for doing 33 in a 30, and 23 in a 20. They also accused me of driving up the A2 doing 37 in a 30, however when I persisted to tell them it is a 50 road, they asked me to go and take pictures to prove this and maybe they may reconsider. Not only this, at the beginning of my policy they misquoted me and a week after purchasing my policy they demanded another £420 or they said they had no choice but to cancel. Nothing but absolute bullies!"
"This "Company" is an absolute RIP OFF! Really poor customer service, Constant money grabbers for absolutely nothing. Most young kids use insurance like this and your insurance will only last about 3 months before it gets cancelled. I really do advise everyone to thoroughly look around and NEVER choose these scammers for insurance. Disgusting... Why has this company not been picked up on their constant shitty scams!"
"I wish I'd seen this on 8 Feb, as like you say, every week we are getting emails and they are phoning my son saying he needs to phone them to discuss his driving. They are moaning about him driving the same route to college or to work. Absolute joke. STAY AWAY FROM THEM"
"Insured car for my son, changed V5 over to him and Autosaint wants £350 extra , on top of the £2000 policy. Cowboys and sharks! Dont go near this company!!!!!"
"Customer service communication fine, did the cover online for quickness but had to go through the same procedure on the phone, time waiting and frustrating, also didn't do a lot of shopping and now realise they're expensive."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 month ago
Neil Campbell
Verified Reviewer
"Paid £336 deposit and then a monthly payment £136. £472 then got a letter saying that as we were moving 4 miles down the road to the other side of town they could not continue to insure my daughters car unless we move to another company they use and an increase of £600 on the policy. They said they would cancel the policy if we didn’t take this increase. The reason for them wanting to cancel was a move. Bournmouth Dorset to bourmouth Dorset. If it was an inner city ;hit hole I could understand. Any way complete scam and will contacting off com and the financial ombudsman. As these people think they are untouchable. Worse company I’ve ever dealt with. -50000 stars more if I could be bothered. A very unhappy customer Will tell every one in the airline with kids to avoid these con artistes."
"just like every other one of these reviews i was also conned. there was a reason autosaints was the cheapest insurance quote. they give you cheap insurance and then slam you with awful service and other fee's. after having a black box fitted for just a week i recieved a call every day asking why i was in certain places and moaning i was speeding when my dashboard still shows it as being green. i've now cancelled my insurance after just 3 weeks. i lost a small fortune by cancelling it but i would rather loose that money then give them thieving scum another penny."
"AVOID AT ALL COSTS MY PEOPLE!! it is absurd, they are very very very very controlling and strict and do not understand everyone's situation. IF you got 1 over the speed limit e.g doing 21 on a 20 they will lower your score quickly. do this 3 times and they will cancel! ABSOLUTELY Disgraceful."
"Stay away!!! i was wanting to put more miles on my car, rang to see and they wanted £200 up front and then to put my policy up another £60!!! after paying £349 deposit, i then rang to see how much it would cost to cancel an was told £98, i was fine with that then when i rang back to do so i was then told it would be £180!!!! Rip off!!!... i then went online to see if i can get insurance cheaper (which i did) i rang them and told then how much i was quoted and was told "good for you".....being a first time driver please don't choose this company!! that was my mistake and was half ripped off until i told them to get lost!!"
"Purchased Policy Start of January, to then be told i'd have to pay an extra £2000 if it was being kept at my student address. Then when i cancel they tell me they will refund me £100 less than what i had paid (despite being in a cooling off period). Then to add insult to injury i phone them today (12th Feb) as they said the refund would be in by the 15th at the latest and they inform me that the refund had not yet been processed and that they would do it today but it would take 3-5 days to return to my account, therefore taking it past the original 30 days that they had said. Stay well clear of this company in future, they are con artists."
"Charged me £280 to change over my insurance to a new car ... i will be leaving them as soon as my insurance is up for renewal, absolutely disgusting to rip off loyal customers like that."
"Got a quote for £1700, after ringing them they said it was a mistake and due to a driving conviction it will increase to £4000+, 10 times i have recieved quotes £1700-2200 from these lot. Scam of a company they should be reported to ofcom for false advertising. I would 100% not go with these lot they are a scam!"
"poor service and poor company"
"This company is a scam!!!worst insurance company in the whole UK. They are very controlling with the telematics box. They will call you every week to ask why did you park in certain places or why you have done more mileage and other stupid reasons. They are always looking to get more money out of you with different fees. The cancellation is so expensive that it doesn't even allow you to leave them so you are basically trapped. For peace of mind DO NOT INSURE WITH THEM!!!"
"Very poor service from this insurance. Complete money scam. Was with them for 4 months and they decided to put my insurance up to £500 a month which is absolutely ridiculous because of “bad driving” when it was never speeding or “bad” worst insurance company i have ever gone with"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 3 months ago
"I receive weekly emails providing me with my current driving and speeding score for my black box. The web page for my driving score is easy to use and clearly shows all the information I need, it even gives you tips on how to improve on each category."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 3 months ago