Autosaint Reviews

31% of reviewers recommend Autosaint
8PM
8PM

Tell us how Autosaint made you happy

customer service
"Absolutely terrible company! Been with them for 4 years and thought they were good as costs were low. As soon as I called for a quote as changing my car they wanted to charge me almost £300 on top of the annual £480 I paid 4 months ago! When I asked to cancel, they said they’ll only refund me £130 after only having my policy for 4 months. Terrible customer service, staff are very rude"
Are you Autosaint? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"After being with them for 1 1/2 years had no problems whatsoever, very polite costumer service once i left the company due to selling my vehicle, and very helpful all year round."
"Cost was quite high but renewal was alot cheaper. They would dramaticly change my box scores due to a little event. For example if I broke hard once it would drop by 10 points. And take at least 2 weeks to get them back. Go else where."
"Autosaint will often come up as the cheapest and most appealing option on comparison sites but don't be fooled they are a complete COWBOY company. looking back now I would have chosen the more expensive company with less of a headache. the customer service is virtually non existent, staff are rude and don't really know much about insurance themselves. Every little bloody change of policy or miles needs a £65 administration fee. £450 for 2000 miles on a £1200 policy sounds a bit steep if you ask me. I can't wait for the end of this years insurance to get rid of this rubbish once and for all. STAY AWAY!!!!!"
"Had insurance with auto saint for the first year of my insurance and was perfectly fine. So decided to renew with them for my seconds year... its only one month in and I’ve been on the phone to them constantly as they have messed up constantly money wise and I’ve had endless problems. Spoken to many women on the phone and most have been polite other than one or two.. one of the ladies even tried accusing me of lying and laughed down the phone at the issues I was having."
"The worst Insurance company ever. The customer service received from the workers were appalling as they cut the line in the middle of a conversation. Asked to speak to a supervisor and refused to pass the phone to them. Unfortunately they are scammers and money grabbers and none of the workers know their policies as I was told different information from each worker. I would not recommend this company to anyone specially new drivers as I lost out of money and had to cancel my insurance policy."
"Appalling. Even when trying to buy more miles they treat you as a scammer. Business partner's grandson's insurance cost £3300. Over enthusiastic he did the 6,000 miles in 3 months. They quoted £1800 for a further 15,000. He said he only wanted 7,000 so they reduced it to £1600 !! and insisted on talking to his grandfather who was paying despite having card details on system. The old boy had Dementia. Got very confused. then despite the fact that the grandson was speaking to them insisted on calling his mobile which was 15 miles away to verify that he was who he said he was. Grandson seeing how distressed his granddad was cancelled the policy. Refund? £1800 so £1500 for 3 months. He is lucky in that he has a granddad who pays for his insurance. What of some poor kid who is struggling to pay? Switched to Woop. £2450 for 12 months and 10,000 miles. Far better company and much nicer people to deal with. Autosaint treat everyone as a fraudster with constant threats of policy cancellation. Avoid them at all cost they are simply preying on young drivers with their supposed 'help'."
"Administration charge of £65 to add more miles,yet your trying to be young driver friendly, exactly how to you estimate this charge considering what's involved, and a premium tax when this was paid at the beginning of the policy why are you charging this again to add more miles, it's not a new policy, premium credit who finance the insurance whom by the way are totally independent of yourselves haven't asked for this,you rip young drivers off and give them the wrong information, explain this.. A driver has used their 5,000 miles up in 8 months and you suggest they get an additional 1,000 miles at a cost of nearly £200,work out the math, is this really going to be enough for the next 4 months??, just so you can charge them another £65 admin charge and make up the cost of buying additional miles has over 5 days your quote for 1,000 miles has changed considerably. No one should go with autosaint, just pay that extra on a reputable insurance company, because this company will rip you off, and the staff are rude uneducated and to be honest embarrassing to come down to their level of intelligence."
"Been with this company apany for a few years now and they alway seen to be one of the cheapest and always so helpful to talk to... Jason(I think) was super helpful when it came to renewing my insurance"
"Absolutely awful company!!! Received an email telling me that my insurance had been cancelled as they said I was speeding on 3 occasions. I had no second warning; when I spoke to the man he told me they sent the email and would not listen to me when I said I did not receive it!! Conned out of 1400. As a young driver, I cannot afford to find another insurer and when I asked whether I could do anything about it they said no. Do your research before taking a policy out with this company. Never left a bad review on anything. Don’t even deserve 1 star."
"Any responsible (customer focused) business would alter their customers that they were reaching the end of their mileage allowance. Any responsible (customer focused) business would provide the NEW final mileage allowance when processing the allowance increase and not keep it from the customer. Any responsible (customer focused) business would NOT use a premium telephone number and (experience from 5 calls) have them kept on hold for at least 15 minutes, twice longer. Your choice, but we will never use them again or recommend them to anyone."
"I can completely recommend these guys! The gentleman I spoke was absolutely fantastic, very helpful and thorough!! His name was Mohsin and he was a very nice, well mannered advisor. Top marks Autosaint on your staff!! Big thanks to Mohsin 👍"
"Spoke to Debbie this afternoon who was a great help. Just needed to send some documents over and she explained everything to me and where to send it. Very friendly and brilliant service."
"Helped extend my telematics installation date due to my starter motor going on my car. They're great help :)"
"Spoke to Bobbie thismorning reguarding new insurance and she explained everything well in detail and laid all my options out for me being a new driver, very helpful and patient, great customer service!"
"Worst Insurance Company ever! Money grabbers 100%! They take advantage of young drivers who don’t understand how insurance works fully to get the most money out of them and make them feel as if they have no other choice. Changing my car from a group 7 insurance car to group 1 costed me £350 absolutely ridiculous when the new car is cheaper to insure. Lost half of what I paid for in insurance (paid for the year) in less that 3 months? Does not make sense. Strict rules such as lowering the score if you drive at night. They don’t take into account the age of the car when judging the breaking and acceleration of the car so your score decreases. Just horrible horrible AND to top it off it’s going to take me 30 days to get my money back!"
"They are terrible, bad value, the black box is impractical and they don't send you any warnings before you come to the end of your milage, the extra miles are extortionate and they are theiving a**holes"
"Very good customer service From debbi from autostaints"
"Phoned to add amendments to my daughters car insurance, Josh was very helpful & got us a great deal. The only downside for me was I should have checked how much to add commute when we set up the policy 2 months ago as it could have possibly saved me some money. But very pleased with the overall cost & customer service."
"I have already been with Autosaint for my first year of driving and today I renewed my insurance for my 2nd year with them. I spoke with Kim from the renewals team and she just made the whole process so simple for me, she was absolutely wonderful and a credit to the company. She made the whole process so easy for me and explained everything in ways I’d understand as I have absolutely no clue about insurance terminology. Thank you Kim!"
Autosaint is rated 2.30 based on 360 reviews