Autosaint Reviews

Autosaint have a Customer Happiness Grade of C. Customers are happy with their prices, customer service and refunds. Full Insights

16% of reviewers recommend Autosaint
09AM
9AM

How would you rate Autosaint ?

"Quite simply the worst customer service I have ever encountered. 35 mins on the phone. I have sent 6 email replies and they haven't bothered to read them until I phone up! Their messages chasing me for the info have become increasingly threatening - even though they never read the answers. Refused to give me an address to write to. Refused to give me the customer service director's name - they just called him Bob. There is no Bob listed on companies house as a director! I would give zero stars if that were possible"
"This company should be called Auto Snake. They have a basic form for young drivers to fill in. A month later they start asking you for more details and try and find a discrepancy. Then they attempt to add 13% to your premium or lose nearly £500 to leave. Absolute scam and customer service is aggressive, rude and threatening. Never use these brokers stay with the big insurance companies."
"There is a lack of communication and they do not respond to my queries. They charged me £60 for my blackbox installation."
"I had chosen to go with auto saint, bearing in mind I'm a student with not much financial expenditure, and they had offered me a really good premium. They had given me a really good quote to go off with and reassured me that they were the best insurance brokers to go with. I had reached near the end of my policy as well as my mileage limit and they quoted me with over £500 for additional miles. I found this really expensive and was really stressed out as to how I was meant to pay for that as I am a student. Their overall service wasn't very helpful, their costs after you are with them is crazy and extremely expensive bearing in mind that you already pay so much for insurance with them. The amount they ask for is way too Hugh even after you insure with them that it is way better to pay more money at the start of your premium instead of being shocked after."
"Awful awful company my girlfriend had to cancel her policy.. absolutely awful"
"Disgraceful company take full advantage of young drivers with rip off fees and simply awful customer services who really don’t know what they are doing this company should be investigated by watch dog just read all the bad reviews avoid at all costs and compare the market should have nothing to do with them"
"Avoid like the plague. £200+ to cancel my insurance policy."
"Tried to charge £300 for change of occupation from chef to builder and then we were contacted after being on the 12 month policy in our 3rd month. Apparently they had conducted a 60 day test, and assumed we would go over our 10k miles for the year. Therefore, demanded we paid £700 there and then during this unexpected phone call. Terrible."
"Avoid this company like the plague. Their charges for simple changes and cancelling are extortionate and run into the hundreds. This should not be allowed. They may be the cheapest quote at first but they will cost you hundreds of pounds. Their customer service leaves a lot to be desired. I had to help my 19 year old son be rid of this company and he has lost hundreds of pounds just because he purchased a newer car."
"Awful company and awful insurance I’ve reverently passed my test and went with autosaint as they seemed to be giving us a good cheap deal when my blackbox was installed they said they would email me a link to keep track of it Ive been with them since February and they haven’t sent anything , I worked in a shop and then moved to a full time job because of this they said that I had to pay extra because I was working full time and I couldn’t change my policy to business, they then said I had to buy more miles so when phoned they said I had to pay extra upfront, wouldn’t recommend"
"I would vote -1 if possible. I have been an insurance consumer for 30 years and have never dealt with such an unprofessional company (scam). Please do not go with this insurance company. They prey on young drivers. It costs a small fortune to canel the policy, if you are not happy. I am not impressed with how they have treated my daughter at all!"
"A pain in the ass company to deal with from the moment you pay, i urge people to spend the extra money with a ‘real’ insurance company who dont mess you around and harass you to buy legal or other covers constantly"
"Wish I had read the reviews before taking out the policy. 😡"
"The only reason anyone will ever complain about autosaint is because they are breaking too harshly in areas where there is no need, they are accelerating at a dangerous rate in the environment they are in and if they are breaking the speed limit by 10-20 mph. If u do an emergency stop the box recognizes it. If you go 10% over in 30 zone it won't count you as speeding. People are complaining cuz they are driving like tits"
"Harsh Black Box system, policy got cancelled due to my braking being under their threshold, even though I was braking with plenty of time. I then tested to the system by braking extremely early and slowly, it was showing that it was still under their threshold. DONT USE AUTOSAINT"
"Wanted to change my vehicle a month before my insurance policy expired. Autosaint would not help me out and work with me. Instead insisted on applying charges. Terrible customer service"
"Worst insurance rob you for 10% of your insurance cost + 60£ fees when cancelling"
"It was a hassle to cancel my insurance, the customer service was not very good, plenty of room for improvement."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 months ago
"After seeing all the bad reviews, people being charged extra premiums and being treated so badly by this company. I cancelled my daughters insurance, not even 24hrs after taking the policy out. I had payed a £500 deposit, they charged me a £60 cancellation fee and £56 for 1 day of insurance I asked the advisor if she could break down the price for me because it obviously didn’t cost that much for 1 day of insurance and she couldn’t tell me, she just said that’s what come up on the computer (durrr). To top it off I’ve got to wait 30 days for my deposit back. Robbing b######s. Feel sorry for the young drivers who can’t get out this scam. Stay well away from these, they are just out for money wish I’d seen these reviews before paying. P.s they also told me that after the 14 days they would no longer be able to speak with me over the phone my daughter is under 18 sounds like their bullying tactics so I wouldn’t be able to stick up for her when they started wacking up the premiums."
"Auto saint is the worst insurer u can pick... I have a black box fitted and have had no problems with it unless I was actually speeding... I'm very disappointed, I decided to change my car... I rang them the day before and they told me it would be £360 just to change my car... they would do this over my last 3 payments... I brought the car the next day... a different story... I had to pay £380 but instead of over 3 months they did it over 2... I've had to pay £240 a month for the last 2 months.... I recommend avoiding this company.... there are so many out there so make the right choose and don't pick Autosaint.... or fresh insurance as it's the same company"
Autosaint is rated 1.75 based on 250 reviews