Admiral Reviews

Admiral have a Customer Happiness Grade of C. Customers love their prices and customer service but are unhappy with their delivery and refunds. Full Insights

52% of reviewers recommend Admiral
9PM
9PM
Telephone

How would you rate Admiral ?

"Claims dept Rubbish"
"Terrible company, don't send out renewal digital or physical resulting in me driving without insurance then try and charge an additional £150 for the privilege and then a cancellation fee 1/2 the price of the years' insurance to cancel it. Terrible communication, Terrible customer service only care about the money they can get out of you at every turn even if it is there own mistake they take no responsibility and just try and get more money or refuse refunds."
"Feeling absolutely gutted and mislead! Beware of multi car policies!! Given individual quotes for 4 cars, which all seemed fair and reasonable,when I called to activate the policy, I was given an overall quote, which I stupidly accepted, not until the paperwork for the policy came through and realised I have been overcharged almost £500 on one of the cars, after numerous lengthy phone calls, I was basically told nothing they can do as I accepted it! Devastated is under statement to say the least! 😡"
"The customer service is nice until you run into money problems. They don't care about their customers and situations, as long as they get paid. After a few unfortunate situations I was left out of a job for a short time and fell back quite a bit on my debts as I couldn't pay them. I finally found a new job but my debt by then was too large to manage and left me with not enough to eat or pay rent. I spoke to a government funded agency about starting a debt management plan (DMP), who was so nice and reassuring. After going through the process and telling all my loaners they all agreed that the DMP was the way forward. Barclays, Tesco, AA, HSBC, they were all nice, too, and said they understand and fully agreed on the DMP, saying it was in my best interest and they'd stop the interest ony loans. Apart from Admiral, who nonstop started calling my phone 3x times a day. They kept advising not to get a DMP and said instead I should tell them what I earn and pay out and Admiral will independently agree on what I should pay them and basically said they will work out what I should pay the other companies. How is that fair in any way for the other companies I owe money too? They all agreed, why is Admiral being greedy. My DMP said to not talk to Admiral, as they will on my behalf and agree the amount I can afford to pay. Admiral didn't like this and continued to call me everyday, sending threatening court letters. Eventually the DMP was agreed by Admiral. All was going fine up until I checked my credit rating and found that Admiral have placed a CCJ on me. Now after going through all the forums, everyone says don't worry if you've agreed a DMP noone will go through the CCJ route. I guess Admiral do, they really don't care about your situation and how much you may be struggling. Their top priority is getting as much money from you as possible, even if you're not left with enough to eat/pay rent."
"Have moved address. I rent. Didn’t know the answers to the ridiculous questions about the history of the building like I can assure other renters if not even buyers do. Was told over the phone that it would cost £20 to change address and £35 to cancel and if I didn’t know the answers I may aswell cancel. Was spoken to like absolute rubbish quite clearly an irritable employee on the end of the phone annoyed I didn’t know questions that are so unnecessary and hard to find out like I’m sure she knows all about her house. If you want people to take a policy out with you, who have been loyal and stayed with you even though never needed to claim and you want to charge £20 to change address then clearly your company hasn’t had much education on how the country is using their money these days. Customer service and ease of service is every thing. Had to pay £35 due to moving House as my previous landlord decided to sell- not my fault. Couldn’t provide answers like exactly how old the building is or what is has been previously or exactly what has ever happened to the building as new landlord did not supply me with these like normal landlords wouldn’t. Waste of my money for two years and terrible phone service. I can assure you that you will see that the price over the service isn’t the way anymore people are more cautious with how they spend the little money they have. Wouldn’t use this company again for anything"
"Cancelled the wrong car insurance on our multi car insurance. Then tried to charge us for altering it to the right car."
"Put my insurance up by £325 without telling me and debit it from my account without notice.when I phoned to query this I was passed to 5 different departments all of which couldn’t explain why.Avoid at all costs.not sure anyone knows what they are doing."
"Shockingly bad. If you're currently insured with them through car insurance, look elsewhere immediately. Was unfortunate to be caught doing 49 in a 40 through average speed (cameras were questionable but that's beside the point) and declared my 3 points to Admiral. They hiked my already high insurance as a young driver by a whopping £2,500. They hope that you have had a course or points on your licence so they can hike it up and steal from you like the corporate bandits they are. Most staff are incompetent and are based overseas and they can barely understand a word you're saying, nor can you them. It may seem enticing as they offered me a competitive price however you're better off elsewhere - even staff agreed that the £2,500 hike was daft and, if you read between the lines of what they said, urged me to cancel and look elsewhere too!!!"
"Avoid this thieving company from a distance. Get to them and arrange something, borders on a miracle. Thieves and thieves !!!!!!!!! He can not give a suitable replacement car. It takes a lot of money from the wine insurer and gives you leftovers !!!! Everything is going on for months. You call them and you change to 15 other departments. Why do they hire so many people !!!! And no one can do anything. NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER again.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
"Very slow problem solving, persons are not working properly, laying for the customer, waiting the time. They give too much stress with refund. I have paid money for my car insurance for all year, payment was recalled by the bank, but Admiral was lying for me that money has never been taken from my account. It took half year to get my money back from them. And lots of stressful situations in this."
"After a very miner accident, i have now been without my vehicle for 3 months!!! It has been 'repaired', which was too a poor standard. It then went BACK to the garage to have their work corrected. It came back to me with work still too a poor standard and with things still NOT DONE. My vehicle is now with a different approved garage.  An 'independant' engineer has been to view the damage and unfinished work 4 times now. Not too independant though! They are definitely on Admirals payroll. 2 complaints later and one being prepared for the Ombudsman, I am still without my van!!!!"
"All went wrong, another company legally able to steal money! Try something else! But please not this one!!!"
"Don't know if I'm insured or not terrible website and no help."
"Had an electrical fire in my property 21/08/18. I reported it to Admiral 22/08/18. I've got an appointment for their loss adjusters (Cunningham Lindsey) to come to my property 05/09/18 (the quickest they can offer). Over 2 weeks after the fire even though I told them the smoke damage is making me feel sick / headaches!! They don't reply to e mails. Never phone me, it's always me chasing them."
"Absolutely appalling service and would never use them again. Complete rip off when trying to not to renew your policy and charged an admin fee of £39.50 even though the policy was due to expire. Then a barrage of hourly phone calls by an automated system hassling for the extra money. It is outrageous how these companies get away with it. Had to block the number and still comes through on another number despite the amount being paid online. Would never recommend and never use again."
"Shocking service! Did not ask all questions in quote renewal process and now after the renewal are asking for another £100 and £30 of that is admin charge! If they had done the admin correct in the first place I wouldn’t be in this mess. Avoid avoid avoid! I already can’t wait for my year to be up to change company"
"Their systems are appalling and designed to keep you on hold constantly. They ripped me off for an additional £60 for a speeding ticket that I declared on my online search. The insurance cover ended up costing more than my existing policy. Do yourself a favour and give these shysters a wide berth. Mutiny is justified given Admiral's complete indifference!"
"Not worth the cost-benefit. Customer service not very helpful. Unpleasant experience overall."
"Lost another customer. Have been a year with this company with my second car. It has been set up as pay monthly direct debit from day one until the renewal, when they've sent me a letter thanking for my custom and offering me a new lower premium of £616. As you know, these companies renew your policy automatically and that's fine however this company failed to inform me that they decided to take the full years premium of £616 in one go as opposed to monthly payments. Since I never had that amount of money on my account that day, they have sent me another email saying that my direct debit has been cancelled. Called their customer service today to explain what has happened and the guy told me that "since my direct debit came back unpaid, I now have to pay the full amount, or the policy will be cancelled." He then stated that I will need to pay this by the end of June (and it's August). My last email says that unless this will be resolved before 22 of August, they will have no option it to cancel my policy. I told the guy that I've lost the confidence in their company and want to cancel my policy he said I will need to pay £135 cancellation fee. For what?! I never paid £616 to start with so technically I never had a policy with them in the first place? I need to pay for their incompetence? How is that fair? Dear Admiral Insurance. Its 2018 and there's over a hundred insurance companies on comparison web sites. You don't care, people go elsewhere. Goodbye"
"Admiral are the worst insurance company ever. I have only been with them a few months but have the worst experience ever!!!!!!!!! At the start of the year i was involved in a non fault car crash, in which my car was then taken by admiral. I was first told the car was a write off, a few days later I was given a phone call to say that my car was actually in a state to be repaired. in that I was sent an email notifying me that my car was in a local garage. Straight away i called them to get an estimated date in which my car would be fixed. To only be told by the garage that my car was not there. i called admiral several times to find out what was going on in which no one could give me a straight answer. A few days later, i was notified by them that the garage was too busy to fix my car and that they was sending my car to another garage ( which had nothing but bad reviews ) to fix my car. Due to the back and forth, i was not given a curtsey car and was then made to catch public transport. When my car finally arrived at the second garage at the end of April, i was then told the garage did not have any curtesy cars available, in which admiral hired a vehicle out from a rental company ( a kind deed ). I waited for months and months ( Back and Forth Calling ) for a date in which my car would be fixed but nor admiral or the garage was able to tell me. In this , I notified both that i would be going on a long term holiday in July ( 4 MONTHS AFTER MY CAR WAS TAKEN IN FOR REPAIR ) and that the car would need to be ready before then( bearing in mind the only damage to the car was to the left hand side ). I had raised two complaints in this process in which admiral give me £200 for the inconvenience ( even though i pay £160 insurance per month ). SO, the day before I was going on holiday received a call from the garage to say my car was ready !!!!!!!! ( 4 months down the line ) !!!!!!!!!!! Even though a week before i had been calling them to remind them i was going away. At this point i was fuming, but told them I could collect the car as soon as I got back. It was only then the rental car company called me instructing they needed to pick up the car. in this, it was arranged 4 times with family members that they would come and collect the car in which they failed to collect the car on ALL OCCASIONS THEN, to make it worse, as soon as I got back off holiday i received a call from the rental company saying they need to come and collect the car asap as my insurance company have stopped the payments (WITHOUT NOTIFYING ME OR ARRANGING FOR MY CAR TO BE DELIVERED). I then called the garage, to find out when they was able to deliver my car and was told they were to busy, so i would have to wait until next week. I then called admiral straight after this to ask them to reinstate the payments as i would be without a car, to only be told by staff and supervisors that they will not be doing this because I have had the car for too long(out of no fault of my own) and if i do not give the car back today the outstanding payments will have to be made by myself !!!!!!!!! That same day, the rental company collected the car leaving me with no car until mine is delivered. Oh and i forgot to mention, after all this inconvenience i am still required to pay my full £550 excess. IT HAS NOW BEEN 5 MONTHS SINCE SOMEONE CRASHED INTO ME AND I AM STILL WITHOUT A CAR, EVEN THOGUH I AM THE ONE WHO HAS BEEN DOING ALL THE CHASING UP. SAVE YOUR MONEY AND DO NOT GO WITH ADMIRAL. !!!!!!!!"
Admiral is rated 3.12 based on 786 reviews