Admiral Reviews

52% of reviewers recommend Admiral
02AM
2AM

Tell us how Admiral made you happy

Telephone
"Poor customer service Scrapped a car that they don’t own"
Are you Admiral? No one is perfect. Reply to this negative review and show your potential customers that you value the feedback Admiral receives and that when things do go wrong you do your best to put things right. Reply Free
"Admiral send all non fault accident claims through an accident management company (auxillis). You have to use them if don’t want to claim against your own policy and lose your excess and no claims. This company’s charges are ridiculously high. The £300/ day hire car charges enforced for the period of my car repairs have been rejected by the at fault insurance company, and I find myself heading to court to settle. How is this fair when you are hit by a third party who admits liability! It’s all because of the crazy prices they charge. However cheap the renewal costs are don’t I use them. They won’t support you when you need to claim"
"Their claims process is poorly organised. So many different departments involved. I was passed on to several different staff members, and there was poor communication between them. My policy was cancelled before they had any discussion with me about a settlement. I was not informed of the policy cancellation date. I was treated as though I was at fault for the incident which I wasn’t. Poor handling of cases, poor communication and poor treatment of their paying customers!!"
"They Send me my policy they wanted more details I Send all the details. Then they threaten to cancel my policy so I said cancel it so they will not give me a full refund. 07775920098 Policy No. P64231971"
"Were very friendly and personable both times I phoned up with a query for my insurance renewal quote. They seem to genuinely want to help people get the best deal and I ended up saving a lot of money!"
"Beware of sharing info Also they work 4 company together and give you different price with different name"
"i am leaving Admiral after 7 years, what a disgusting money grabbing greed hungry company, that do not care a god dam about there customers. I have been paying £158 month with £1000 access and now come my renewal they want to hike it up an extra £70 per month on top of what of what I hav been paying because I got a little dent in my door and got in fixed through there poxy insurance, which resulted in me paying £1100 and them £700 totalling £1800 to fix a small dent in car door , that is whjy the n are raising my insurance. I hope all customers leave the rip off company and the go BUST."
"Claims dept Rubbish"
"Terrible company, don't send out renewal digital or physical resulting in me driving without insurance then try and charge an additional £150 for the privilege and then a cancellation fee 1/2 the price of the years' insurance to cancel it. Terrible communication, Terrible customer service only care about the money they can get out of you at every turn even if it is there own mistake they take no responsibility and just try and get more money or refuse refunds."
"Feeling absolutely gutted and mislead! Beware of multi car policies!! Given individual quotes for 4 cars, which all seemed fair and reasonable,when I called to activate the policy, I was given an overall quote, which I stupidly accepted, not until the paperwork for the policy came through and realised I have been overcharged almost £500 on one of the cars, after numerous lengthy phone calls, I was basically told nothing they can do as I accepted it! Devastated is under statement to say the least! 😡"
"The customer service is nice until you run into money problems. They don't care about their customers and situations, as long as they get paid. After a few unfortunate situations I was left out of a job for a short time and fell back quite a bit on my debts as I couldn't pay them. I finally found a new job but my debt by then was too large to manage and left me with not enough to eat or pay rent. I spoke to a government funded agency about starting a debt management plan (DMP), who was so nice and reassuring. After going through the process and telling all my loaners they all agreed that the DMP was the way forward. Barclays, Tesco, AA, HSBC, they were all nice, too, and said they understand and fully agreed on the DMP, saying it was in my best interest and they'd stop the interest ony loans. Apart from Admiral, who nonstop started calling my phone 3x times a day. They kept advising not to get a DMP and said instead I should tell them what I earn and pay out and Admiral will independently agree on what I should pay them and basically said they will work out what I should pay the other companies. How is that fair in any way for the other companies I owe money too? They all agreed, why is Admiral being greedy. My DMP said to not talk to Admiral, as they will on my behalf and agree the amount I can afford to pay. Admiral didn't like this and continued to call me everyday, sending threatening court letters. Eventually the DMP was agreed by Admiral. All was going fine up until I checked my credit rating and found that Admiral have placed a CCJ on me. Now after going through all the forums, everyone says don't worry if you've agreed a DMP noone will go through the CCJ route. I guess Admiral do, they really don't care about your situation and how much you may be struggling. Their top priority is getting as much money from you as possible, even if you're not left with enough to eat/pay rent."
"Have moved address. I rent. Didn’t know the answers to the ridiculous questions about the history of the building like I can assure other renters if not even buyers do. Was told over the phone that it would cost £20 to change address and £35 to cancel and if I didn’t know the answers I may aswell cancel. Was spoken to like absolute rubbish quite clearly an irritable employee on the end of the phone annoyed I didn’t know questions that are so unnecessary and hard to find out like I’m sure she knows all about her house. If you want people to take a policy out with you, who have been loyal and stayed with you even though never needed to claim and you want to charge £20 to change address then clearly your company hasn’t had much education on how the country is using their money these days. Customer service and ease of service is every thing. Had to pay £35 due to moving House as my previous landlord decided to sell- not my fault. Couldn’t provide answers like exactly how old the building is or what is has been previously or exactly what has ever happened to the building as new landlord did not supply me with these like normal landlords wouldn’t. Waste of my money for two years and terrible phone service. I can assure you that you will see that the price over the service isn’t the way anymore people are more cautious with how they spend the little money they have. Wouldn’t use this company again for anything"
"Cancelled the wrong car insurance on our multi car insurance. Then tried to charge us for altering it to the right car."
"Put my insurance up by £325 without telling me and debit it from my account without notice.when I phoned to query this I was passed to 5 different departments all of which couldn’t explain why.Avoid at all costs.not sure anyone knows what they are doing."
"Shockingly bad. If you're currently insured with them through car insurance, look elsewhere immediately. Was unfortunate to be caught doing 49 in a 40 through average speed (cameras were questionable but that's beside the point) and declared my 3 points to Admiral. They hiked my already high insurance as a young driver by a whopping £2,500. They hope that you have had a course or points on your licence so they can hike it up and steal from you like the corporate bandits they are. Most staff are incompetent and are based overseas and they can barely understand a word you're saying, nor can you them. It may seem enticing as they offered me a competitive price however you're better off elsewhere - even staff agreed that the £2,500 hike was daft and, if you read between the lines of what they said, urged me to cancel and look elsewhere too!!!"
"Avoid this thieving company from a distance. Get to them and arrange something, borders on a miracle. Thieves and thieves !!!!!!!!! He can not give a suitable replacement car. It takes a lot of money from the wine insurer and gives you leftovers !!!! Everything is going on for months. You call them and you change to 15 other departments. Why do they hire so many people !!!! And no one can do anything. NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER again.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
"Very slow problem solving, persons are not working properly, laying for the customer, waiting the time. They give too much stress with refund. I have paid money for my car insurance for all year, payment was recalled by the bank, but Admiral was lying for me that money has never been taken from my account. It took half year to get my money back from them. And lots of stressful situations in this."
"After a very miner accident, i have now been without my vehicle for 3 months!!! It has been 'repaired', which was too a poor standard. It then went BACK to the garage to have their work corrected. It came back to me with work still too a poor standard and with things still NOT DONE. My vehicle is now with a different approved garage.  An 'independant' engineer has been to view the damage and unfinished work 4 times now. Not too independant though! They are definitely on Admirals payroll. 2 complaints later and one being prepared for the Ombudsman, I am still without my van!!!!"
"All went wrong, another company legally able to steal money! Try something else! But please not this one!!!"
"Don't know if I'm insured or not terrible website and no help."
Admiral is rated 3.11 based on 793 reviews