Admiral Reviews

51% of reviewers recommend Admiral
06AM
6AM

Tell us how Admiral made you happy

Telephone
"One of the best insurance company I ever had. Very friendly and helpful customers service"
Are you Admiral? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"Been with Admiral for a few years and went through the usual nonsense each renewal where the price gets put up till you call and get it back to a cheaper price than the previous year. In December my wifes car got rear ended. Other party's insurance took complete responsibility and covered all costs. Admiral though it would be a good idea to charge us an additional £180 for insurance for an accident that was not our fault and cost them nothing. Total greedy scum company just looking to boost their profits. Tell me how a person is going to be involved in another accident after their car has been rear ended? Looks like it's a case of guilty until proven innocent, even then you won't get that extra cost back. Just such a greedy company."
"Had my car insurance with Admiral for two years, they sent a renewal quote through which was only £50 cheaper than last year. I looked online and found quotes £300 cheaper so I called them to let them know I wouldn't be renewing. After a quick chat over the phone with someone on the renewals team, they were able to bring down my quote to match the ones I had received online. Really lovely team member and really helpful"
"Absolutely shocking company who do not have their clients best interests in mind."
"after 1 year they given more expensive renewal even no accident. send different prices by email and give different over the phone fake......."
"Burglar smashed the door at my house. I have opened clame with Admiral two weeks ago. Today had to cancel my insurance because call them many times required new door. They totally ignored me every time I call them. Just told me to pay £350 access for installed new door and send company but this company explained that the door isn't cover by the insurance. Absolutely rubbish service."
"I called them and asked to be connected with the legal helpline, which I have paid for, just to inquire about a minor damage while unparking and they opened a claim, although I told them I might not even claim. So they sent me a quote for AUTO-renewal £600 more expensive than this year (£1500 in total for 10 months). They are ripping me off because I am a foreigner. Really dissatisfied with admiral."
"9 months of insurance and many years and I received letter saying I was in default... i didn't no about this I don't keep track on payments... 1 payment didn't go out 2 weeks later they want the remaining £231.91.... I said I get paid in 2 days i can only apoligise and look back this never happened once... I will pay my arrears and set back up... No I was told pay in full or lose your policy..... gone with new cheaper insurance"
"Admiral doubled my premium for 3 points. Never had an accident or made a claim. Their prices are ridiculous"
"Have had nothing but problems with the admin side of Admiral. Emails take weeks to come through. Or they tell you you're insured but it turns out, due to an automatic computer function you're not actually insured for 7 months."
"No problems whiled insured, although never made a claim. However after they were unable to provide me with the proof of no claims discount. Took 4 calls, much holding and almost a week for them to sort it out."
"Our car was stolen and admiral staff made me feel at ease. I was really emotional and they took time to let me explain what had happened. The claim was settled very quickly. The information which was asked of us was clear and explained well. It helped so much. We have been to hell and back. We really appreciate your staff kindness and good communication every step of the way. Thank you Aisha Abdi"
"I want to say how impressed I was with the service provided by Admiral. I had an accident 3 weeks ago which resulted in the car being declared a write off. The whole process was handled during this time, very professionally and efficiently. They arranged a courtesy car for me which more than exceeded my expectations. The staff whom I dealt with were amazing as they were extremely helpful and very polite. The payout for my car was actually more than what I had paid originally. So a big thank you to the team who effortlessly made my accident experience totally stress free! The premium I had paid was worth every penny for the service I was provided by Admiral and I will most definitely use them again in the future."
"We received a letter saying that one of our drivers was involved in an accident and they were processing a claim against us. The details they have divulged to us (name and vehicle details, which I am sure is against GDPR policy) do not belong to anybody at the company. We called and were told to email and let customer services know and they would let us know what to do... if anything! I have sent 3 emails now and they have not acknowledged a single one apart from the automated reply that someone will contact me soon. Obviously not chasing their customers claim otherwise we should have heard by now what's going on. If this was my insurer I would avoid like the plague!"
"admiral car insurance are criminals . A scratch on my car I reported a scrape that was not my fault and they slammed £300-400 a year to my yearly policy at renewal which was just weeks after the incident . Also they took no claims bonus away from 3 to 0 years and printed it on the certificates as third party damage ! No claim was ever made from either side . Surely that is illegal ?? They are total bandits and con merchants AVOID AT ALL COSTS !!! They clearly dont value their customers at all"
"Admiral charge ridiculous fees for changing your address.. even when you move to better area and have 30 years no claims they add over £200 to add to your stress of moving.. well done admiral you are robbers.. when this policy ends I will never insure with you again and I advise other customers to beware"
"Had a accident which was none fault, it was all settled renewal time my renewal quote went up over £500? Called and the explanation was “ we find anyone that was involved in an accident is more likely to have another!” Absolutes robbing bleeders!"
"great sevice with my multi car and home insurance also van insurance as a first timer with the van really great prices very helpful and pleasent on the phone as well will be going back for more again when insurance expires."
"Excellent Service My case was pursued an dealt with, with up most professionalism. My case ended up with a solicitor called Sarah Trusz. Always keeping me up to date. Called back when I needed some advice. Waited with me till I was satisfied that nothing more could be done. Ms Trusz is a credit to Admiral Law. I'm so blessed to have had her fight my case. She was kind, friendly and always had the time to explain things that confused me. Therefore....I Highly recommend this company."
"Been with Admiral going to 3 years now and on a multi car insurance. Had an accident since April with just few dents on the driver side of car. Admiral insisted on using its approved repairer who has had the car since April. As at today, the car is still with the repairer ( M& A Coachwork) almost 8 month just to repair body work. I have complained to Admiral and no action has been taken. I am now thinking of starting legal action."
Admiral is rated 3.09 based on 824 reviews