Admiral Reviews

55% of reviewers recommend Admiral

How would you rate Admiral?

731 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00
Gary Watts

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about Admiral in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
"WHAT RUBBISH WASTE OF TIME SO CALLED COMPANY. claim to offer insurance and financial services and they are great at taking your money but useless at actually paying out avoid admiral at all costs nothing but a con and and shame they will fine tooth comb any claim to not pay out you would be better off paying more for services than dealing with these sharks, they make DelBoy look legitimate Had to give 1 star rating but trust me they don't deserve it they should have there financial license revoked permanently, Grrrrrrrrr."
"Absolute discrace,got a quote of £1500 for the year with the black box,I got 7 day cancellation notice to sent photo copy’s of the front and back of my licence,which I done in 5 days, now I’m being told I typed in how long I’d my licence for and I now owe £500 which was being paid tomorrow, and got a email to say that my driving score is below 5% because of my mileage and because of “night driving” which according to them is 10pm to 5am when I don’t finsh work until 10pm and start at 6am but says on the email if my occupation disturbes these times to find an alternative policy,but that wasn’t told to me when I was handing over the £1500 to them! Robbing b*stards!!"
"Avoid!! Was insured with them last year and had an accident, it should have been joint liability however the other party claimed I went into the back of him (totally untrue, the damage was on my wheelarch, the sides of our cars scraped). Called admiral to tell them, they haven't fought my corner at all, I offered to send them photos of the damage they said they weren't necessary. This accident happened a year and a half ago and I haven't been kept updated along the way as to how the claim isn't getting along. Stay away!!!"
"Multicar policy. I sold one of the cars so phoned to have it removed from the policy. I was charged £29.50, I expected to be charged, although I did not expect this to make the insurance on my other car increase by £95! (it was originally £350 now over £440). I then looked for cheaper insurance, which I found with Aviva for £260. I phoned the next day to cancel my policy and was charged an additional £49.50!! AMAZING :) Therefore cost £79 to press cancel twice!! I’m sure it’s all in the small print, but £79 to cancel a policy? Really?"
"With police witness and a statement from the other party admitting fault for causing an accident by performing an illegal turn where there are signs stating not to. Admiral came back to me and said they would not fight my case. Avoid at all costs! They will leave you standing."
Lloyd Kilbride
Verified Reviewer
"My premium was increased by £200 because I made them aware on an incident. No claim was ever made, absolute thieves."
"DO NOT BUY ANY INSURANCE FROM ADMIRAL, I bought a house and the boiler went on fire 1 year later and i hadn't realised i had taken out boiler cover, when i went to claim on it they sent out their agent straight away, 4 months later i telephoned to see why it was taking so long and they told me they are not covering the boiler, so after taking out any cover with admiral remember that they misrepresent themselves and do not honour their agreements, DO NOT TRUST THIS COMPANY, DO OT BUY INSURANCE FROM ADMIRAL!!!!"
"Autorenewed my policy and increased the premium , should have gone down due to extra year of no claim bonus."
"One messed up company. Need to train staff ( useless ). Customers always wrong unless agreeing with them. Always fast to take your cash, not so fast to pay when their driver runs you over. Great if you love lazy, useless and greedy people. Need a minus score adding. 32.55% one star says it all... Trading Standards comes to mind."
"Waiting for pay out,3 set dates, Feb/march/April, still no cheque...Apparently they hold YOUR money so Admiral get YOUR interest... Is this not a form of fraud ? Get paid to sit on their hands, while I get an eviction notice..They are full of lies."
Joseph Cave
"Excellent car insurance quote and excellent sales advisor first class service"
"You got what you paid for, they will do anything to hike up your premium, stay away like plague."
Jamie Huxford
Verified Reviewer
"Trying to process my first ever claim with admiral was soul destroying to the point where I got off the phone feeling completely and utterly ripped off. I had an issue where my fridge freezer broke and of course the entire contents of food destroyed along with it. Not to worry at least we are are insured for the contents or so it seemed. Apparently the fridge contents are not covered for reasons unknown even though it's a fridge freezer running from the same power source, if one fails they both will, there's no way around that. Then the real kick in the teeth came along, I could claim for the contents of the freezer but that would be an excess of 175.00. Now I don't know how big you imagine a standard fridge freezer to be but it's 4 smallish food compartments not mc donalds walk in cold store. If you can't or won't cater to the smaller claims why are you charging for them ?, I'd love to hear the reasoning behind such an extreme excess which I believe to be more or less impossible unless your purely living your life on a diet of frozen caviar. A very disgruntled customer."
"You don't answer the phones, then auto-renew anyway. Robbing, cheating gits."
"NOT EVEN ONE STAR .DONT USE AT ALL COST BECAUSE IT WILL COST YOU BIG MONEY IF YOU HAVE A CRASH.Went to one of there recommended repairers and they have done such a bad repair that to repair there work it will cost £14000 yes £5500 more than the original repair bill to which ADMIRAL say they will give use £11.200.so we have a car with seat belts not working but we have to sort out .This has been going on from november 2017 and all of which admiral know we have moved to the south west of france."
"I checked on YOUR website befor putting in my application and it sed i could get my loan at 3.3%. I had my credit check and it was good and got right to end of my application all but a copy of my drivers licence so I phoned to check you got my email and the phone operato sed so your load is at 19%. I went with you because you advertised a (BETTER) rate, now if i go back to my bank where there rates were slightly higher not the ridiculous 19% its not going to do my credit score any good. So thanks admiral loans i will not recommend if anything discourage For your full advertisement and lack of communication (I hope someone of importance reads this)"
"I switched my car from a petrol to a fully electric car and was told that I would have to pay an extra £230. After giving up on the so-called explanation for this I asked if there would be a refund if I cancelled. I was told that I could have a refund but £149 would be charged for cancelling! I questioned whether the little black box could be fitted on my electric car and was assured that this wasn't a problem and they were fitted on electric cars all the time. I've waited all day for the installation guy to turn up and finally called to ask where he was. I was told that he had apparently tried to call me last night (no missed calls), to tell me that they don't fit the little black box on electric cars!! Can't wait for this policy to come to an end as I won't ever be using Admiral again!!"
Mrs Jill Bowers
"Met competitive prices of other quotes."
Norman
"Beware of Admiral car insurance where find out after we had purchase car insurance it was only for 10 months not 12 months after which they sent through a renewal notice again for 10 months. I ever seen this before with any other company."
"The woman I spoke to was called Sam and I just wanted to say that it was honestly one of the best customer services that I have had in a while. She was so nice and friendly and so helpful and made me feel so comfortable when i'm choosing my insurance, Thank you!"
Admiral is rated 3.22 based on 731 reviews