Garden Buildings Direct Reviews

Sales@Kybotech.co.uk

Parry Business Park, Sutton-On-Trent, Newark, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom

Category:
Business & Office

How would you rate Garden Buildings Direct ?

Alan Collingbine
Unverified Reviewer
"Ordered and took delivery of a 6x4 apex shed from "Gardenbuildingsdirect".(GBD) Paper work arrived with the package very damp and had to dry off before attempting to read them one page in particular was the page which was left blank not signed off for pre-delivery inspection prior to dispatch. Some of the timber components were badly warped and twisted had to use personal skills to overcome the problems. Every stage of the assembly has been met with more snags. would never ever recommend anyone to purchase from the "GBD"."
"Ordered and paid extra for a Saturday delivery, received email on the Thursdayto say that delivery would be Friday, phoned and eventually got a refund for the Saturday delivery. Friday morning received email to say delivery would be between 09.59 & 15.59 at 15.45 received email to say there was a manufacturing fault and that the item wouldn't now be delivered until the following Thursday. Phoned after receiving the email and spoke to call centre in Philippines, was not able to get a phone number from them for Garden Buildings Direct (Kybotech) told them to cancel the order and refund my money as they had now changed the date on my order twice. Fortunately I had paid by PayPal so I raised a dispute with PayPal on the Friday. Phoned again on the Monday and again requested a refund, sent several emails, along with an email via PayPal requesting a refund, did not receive refund Monday so phoned again Tuesday and sent email via Paypal and was told that a refund was being processed. Did not receive the refund on Tuesday so Wednesday morning phoned call centre again, was told payment had been processed and would take 2-3 working days to come back into my account, sent another email via PayPal this time saying I would escalate the dispute unless I received payment that day, payment was back in my account within a couple of hours. Was really disappointed with the way the whole process was handled, couldn't get to speak to anyone in the UK. Having read the problems that other people have had with their purchases I think we had a lucky escape by cancelling before we had actually received the summer house."
"We bought a children’s playhouse, it is unsafe and a danger. We have addressed this with the company stating we’d like a refund but they’re ignoring any correspondence with us. I am not left with a dangerous item where my children should be at their safest in my garden, not only that, but this was a present for them for Christmas and they can’t play with it! Royally getting angry with this company!! Going to have to look into involving the Obudsman and trading standards."
"Bought a playhouse for my son, arrived with a wrong piece, said a new piece would be delivered within 3-working days, we are now 2-weeks on and no replacement piece. Instructions provided are incomprehensible, they are for a different playhouse altogether but they are the only instructions they have to give you. Impossible to speak to anyone, they insist on doing everything via their messaging service online so it takes forever to sort anything. Have now insisted on a refund so we will see how long that takes to come through!"
"Disgraceful"
"Horrendous Do not use this company £3300 for a summer house i Don’t mind paying if it was good quality but it’s terribble, Wood is so warped and badly cut and splitting already Hardly any went in first time and nothing is finished properly cheap nasty quality Bad bad bad"
"Horrendous Do not use this company £3300 for a summer house i Don’t mind paying if it was good quality but it’s terribble, Wood is so warped and badly cut and splitting already Hardly any went in first time and nothing is finished properly cheap nasty quality And pieces where missing and had to wait over 2 weeks to get them Bad bad bad"
"Some boards split and warped on arrival, window and door frames did not fit correctly, construction overlap slots not cut with accuracy, therefore very difficult to actually get each corner 90 degrees. floorboard fitting left a gap, Instructions a joke. the only positive thing I can say after FINALLY resolving all the issues with remedial work is that they are generous with "spare" boards and beading.. they need to be given their joke of quality control. With hindsight I'd have spent the extra money to another company for peace of mind."
"I have written you you many times and included photos of the sub-standard shed that you sent us. I have sent you photos of the substandard roofing felt that you sent, I have sent you copies of the bills for new felt. I have sent you photos of the blown out windows - i have sent you photos of the sagging roof and how it has had to be propped up. You have promised refunds on the felt, wood to support the roof and to board up the windows. You have promised a fix for the roof. But you have done nothing for us. We have asked that you refund the money paid on this sub-standard shed and collect it . Again nothing. You keep emailing me and saying that I'm I'm a valued customer. I think not. Yours in utter dismay"
"Currently trying to have the following issues rectified for a log cabin purchased from Garden Buildings direct. They have advised 'movement' should be allowed for and basically i need to rebuild the log cabin each time movement occurs!!!! The front of the cabin is contracting at such a pace i question if it was kiln dried at all! 1. Visible movement in doth side walls. Wooden panels are no longer slotted together in a uniformed straight line. Visible movement of both doors. The gap between the doors is greater at the top of the door frames than it is at the bottom. Visible large gap formed where a wooden slat he moved between the door frame and window frame. Visible gap around the window frame is greater at the top than the bottom. Visible bowing of the roof. 2. LHS sidewall End fancier has moved and buckled Side beams warping creating a gap between the panels 3. RHS sidewall End fancier has moved and buckled Side beams warping creating a gap between the panels 4. LHS front corner Interlocking beam completely split in half and other visible cracks 5. LHS front corner Multiple interlocking beams warped and twisted 6. LHS rear corner Movement of multiple interlocking beams 7. RHS sidewall/ roof End fancier has moved and buckled 8. RHS front door The door has moved and the top of the door is higher than the joining door meaning they will not close or lock The top panel of the door has twisted and the top corner is no longer flush 9. LHS front corner Another view of the multiple interlocking beams warped and twisted 10. LHS door Degeneration/ defects in the wood 11. RHS door Visible gap in the door frame larger at the top of the door and narrower at the bottom of the door Wooden panel between the door frame and window frame has moved resulting in a large gap 12. Window – RHS of building Window frame has distorted resulting in a gap at the bottom of the frame. The window will not open or close properly 13. Roofline taken from RHS front corner Visible bowing of the roof 14. RHS front corner Multiple interlocking beams warped and twisted 15. RHS front corner Large gap between interlocking beams due to warping and twisting of wooden panel The level of movement, twisting and distorting is unacceptable and the cabin is no longer fit for purpose. The doors will not close or lock and the window once opened will not close."
"When I ordered this item it stated I would receive a call on 24th Jan to arrange delivery. This did not happen so I called them. Their associate was very polite and understanding they said the items were still being pressure treated and I would 100% receive a call in 3 days. 3 days passed so I called them again. I was told the same thing ‘the items are still being pressure treated and I would receive a call by the end of the week. The end of the week came and went. I called them again and this time explained my frustrations and that I felt it was unacceptable to have to keep chasing them, to be fobbed off and not have any kind of update or accurate feedback from them. By this point its been nearly 5 weeks since I placed the order. Delivery on their website is advertised at 10 days. They said this is only for certain items! Still I have no delivery date. 2 days later I call again and they tell me the ‘people’ they need to speak to are on lunch. 2 hours later I get a call back and they said my item will be deliver in 4 days. I ask will it be AM or PM. They say it’s an all-day delivery but the driver will call before they arrive. I ask what items means all day, 8-5 etc? The associate responds 8am-10pm! I was astonished by this and questioned several times 10pm and the associate said yes that was correct! My order is a log cabin so its not small and off loading in the dark and making noise this late is not very sociably acceptable to neighbours. The day before my delivery the driver called to tell me I was the first drop and he would be at my home for 6am. The delivery arrived at 6am. I was not asked before the delivery arrived if there were access issues or any considerations for the driver/ off load which i found surprising. On arrival the driver abruptly stated the delivery is kerb side delivery only and he would not be off loading the item to any other location other than our driveway. This contradicted the information i had been given in the week as i had explained we were not likely to be home when the items arrived and the associate informed me i can ask the driver to deliver the items to 'a safe place'. Had i not been home the items would have blocked my neighbours driveway and completely covered my own. My husband became a little frustrated and simply asked the guy to off load the items and we would move them ourselves and pointed out that we had not been informed of this at any point. The driver threatened to take all the items away to which my husband said that's no problem and to do what he felt was best. The driver began to off load the items. It immediately became apparent that he had no pallet truck of sack barrow etc and each plant of wood had to be cut from its packaging and carried piece by piece. I find this astonishing and completely unacceptable. There is no way i would have been able to assist the driver in offloading and moving my items to a safe place from the kerb side delivery on my own. This level of service is completely disgraceful more-so because at no point during the 5 weeks and 6 phone calls to garden buildings direct was it mentioned that this is how they deliver items."
"Doesn’t deserve ANY STARS. I purchased a Billyoh Penton Corner Summerhouse, Picture in the advert is the only good thing about it. Quality of the product is: it’s RUBBISH Wood is the cheapest/tattiest that can be found, split, rough wood no finish at all. NOTHING fits together properly, gaps all over the place. Flooring is so thin it won’t last. Even the cheap latches were rusting in the packaging. Pricing is misleading price said ONLY €949, it wasn’t EVERYTHING WAS EXTRA. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY TO ANYBODY"
"Delivered only part of the order . Left a note with missing part number to say would be 1-2 days. Over a week later we are still waiting and when we phone up they deny all knowledge of missing part. Had me holding for over 20 minutes then cut me off. We are now contacting the credit card company and will put payment in to dispute as goods ordered are not what we ordered and incomplete order. Do not use this firm if you do so do at your own peril"
"Poor customer service and quality of product disappointing. We ordered a Billy-Oh Gingerbread Max Playhouse, which was due to be delivered within 30 minutes from 11.19 on Tuesday 1st May (text from the driver) however he did not turn up and the company could not locate him as he had turned off his phone. This cost my wife a days' annual leave. After 2 days of aggravation with customer services including being kept on hold for 45 minutes followed by no call backs and an operator who had no clue what to do or how to go about solving the problem, we finally agreed a delivery time of between 1pm and 3pm on Thursday 3rd, they arrived at 10.30am.....very fortunate that someone was at home.​ We commenced the build today and the product has the following faults: Roof panels incorrect sizes Not enough felt to provide secure waterproofing on the roof Felt tacks too small to hold the felt onto the chipboard Chipboard far too thin at 8mm The door has a two inch gap between the top and the roof support beam The door is too small for the doorway, one inch gap all around The panels do not fit together seamlessly on the sides of the house Rough cuts for the "upgraded" flooring Looks nice from a distance, but overall flimsy and unstable feel to the playhouse NOT WORTH THE MONEY"
Xavier Robleda
Verified Reviewer
"bollocks, I wished I read all these bad reviews and comments before ordering my shed. They forgot one gable top... and even the delivery man didn't notice about it. Now the shed is half building the back garden with no roof and we have to cover it with plastic to avoid to be damage by the rain. Looks like a shelter for homeless now!"
John Littlewood
Unverified Reviewer
"Poor quality product, shocking customer service (out-sourced overseas). Guarantee is worthless. Will only communicate with you when you post negative reviews, otherwise they don't want to deal with you. Avoid, there are better out there"
"I placed an order on the 20th Feb for a Billy Oh log cabin workshop 4.5m. X 2.5m fully pressure treated with a 2 week delivery. I actually got it delivered on the 10th April with parts missing and a piece with a large end split over 12" that they even machined and sent to be fully pressure treated and inspected as ok to be sent out. After nearly a week of e-mailing and phoning all you get is sorry but be patient. Checking the parts is not easy and the various screws and nails are all in 1 plastic bag which have to sorted and counted. Sorry i didn't pay a little bit more and used Tiger Sheds who are far superior and their instructions are spot on."
"Before you buy something them Please read this If you want spend your money in this shop think twice its waste money very poor product took them only 8 weeks to send me parcels About 5 phones , 25 emails and open case in Paypal I got everything well almost everything Im paid for shed 270 £ but, because them mistake I spend another 60 £ in BQ for missing parts . After 8 weeks surprise , someone threw missing part in to my garden Conclusion: 2 months time to delivery all parts Extremely overpaid ! Very bad quality Waste time And now after one year look how its nice wet inside : https://ibb.co/gcbuNS https://ibb.co/nq8xbn https://ibb.co/eu38hS https://ibb.co/gs6ThS"
"After a year, the warping and shrinkage has been awful. No point contacting the company, because of the terrible lack of response to issues when the delivered it minus a few key parts. Lots of remedial work needed to address the poor quality wood used. It is a great design, let down by poor materials and poor response from the company. They hide behind their Philippines call centre. Would not buy from them again. BillyO 8x6 Garden Store"
"What a pity I can't award this shambolic bunch on con artists no stars. Their products are of such poor quality it borders indescribable. They are nothing like the website. The build quality is appalling!! Numerous attempts to resolve the matter always met with polite responses, but every time you contact them a different handler deals with the issue. There is no continuity and nobody wants to take ownership of the problem because once they've got your money, clearly nobody gives a hoot. Awful, awful, awful! Do not deal with this shower under any circumstances."
Garden Buildings Direct is rated 1.01 based on 71 reviews