How would you rate
Garden Buildings Direct?
"I placed an order on the 20th Feb for a Billy Oh log cabin workshop 4.5m. X 2.5m fully pressure treated with a 2 week delivery. I actually got it delivered on the 10th April with parts missing and a piece with a large end split over 12" that they even machined and sent to be fully pressure treated and inspected as ok to be sent out. After nearly a week of e-mailing and phoning all you get is sorry but be patient. Checking the parts is not easy and the various screws and nails are all in 1 plastic bag which have to sorted and counted. Sorry i didn't pay a little bit more and used Tiger Sheds who are far superior and their instructions are spot on."
"Before you buy something them Please read this
If you want spend your money in this shop think twice its waste money
very poor product took them only 8 weeks to send me parcels About 5 phones , 25 emails and open case in Paypal I got everything well almost everything Im paid for shed 270 £ but, because them mistake I spend another 60 £ in BQ for missing parts . After 8 weeks surprise , someone threw missing part in to my garden
Conclusion: 2 months time to delivery all parts Extremely overpaid ! Very bad quality Waste time
And now after one year look how its nice wet inside :
"After a year, the warping and shrinkage has been awful. No point contacting the company, because of the terrible lack of response to issues when the delivered it minus a few key parts.
Lots of remedial work needed to address the poor quality wood used.
It is a great design, let down by poor materials and poor response from the company. They hide behind their Philippines call centre.
Would not buy from them again.
BillyO 8x6 Garden Store"
"What a pity I can't award this shambolic bunch on con artists no stars. Their products are of such poor quality it borders indescribable.
They are nothing like the website. The build quality is appalling!!
Numerous attempts to resolve the matter always met with polite responses, but every time you contact them a different handler deals with the issue. There is no continuity and nobody wants to take ownership of the problem because once they've got your money, clearly nobody gives a hoot.
Awful, awful, awful! Do not deal with this shower under any circumstances."
"I ordered a 5 x 4 mtr freya log cabin.
1.Delivery driver was meant to ring 1 hour before delivery. He turned up whilst I was out and when I got home he tried to say my phone had gone to voicemail.
2.delivery driver put all separate pieces on my driveway.it looked like a huge bonfire. He said good luck it takes us 2 days to build in the factory, I suggest you get a builder to help you but even then it will take them a week.
3. My son and I started to build it. Incidently i am actually in the building trade. The instructions were very poor and tiny writing and blurred printing so I rang technical help number. I got someone in the philipines who could hardly understand me. She said look for the bar codes on the wood. There were no bar codes on any bits of the wood. I rang back. 30 mins on hold she said she would send better instructions via email. Same poor instructions arrived. None of parts corresponded. Somehow we muddled through with the jigsaw puzzle. Then we got to the roof. The joists didnt fit into the pre cut sections. Theres big gaps where theyre meant to stot in.the roof t&g is split and has holes in it. There's no barge boards to finish off either. I paid for better flooring but that's flimsy too. Poor customer service. Poor product that's not worth what ive paid for it . Impossible to get replacement parts. Im having to buy more wood from local yimber store to finish it off .
Stay away from this company. Product poor. Non existant instructions. Parts not labled. Delivery appalling. Customer services unable to understand what you are telling them."
"If I could give this sham of a company 0 stars then I would ! DO NOT, whatever you do, give them your business - trust me.
I ordered my log cabin over 7 months ago and I still do not have all the parts for this. To put this in perspective, I ordered a cabin from another company, and it was delivered, all parts were there, and it was up inside 6 weeks, and the quality is a world apart from the poor standard this company supplies.
1. Delivery was delayed multiple times, even when the final delivery was arranged and honoured, I was still receiving emails saying there was a technical fault, so it is clear this is not a well established company, with a good chain of communication in place. Eventually got delivered 2 months after initial order.
2. Quality of delivery was the worst and most unprofessional I have ever seen. For a start it was £199, then was delivered on 2 separate lorries, neither of which was sufficient, and neither had a driver who had a clue about what was on the back of the truck. All the wood and doors etc. were uncovered and had travelled in rain all the way from Nottingham, some bits were rotten, bowed and broken! There was no product listing with the driver and they had no clue what was mine. The second guy took over 6 hours to unload the thing bit by bit, as there was no winch, and the wood was all separate, as oppose to being nicely packed. The driver even took pictures and sent them to me of the broken bits, and said the company is a shambles. I also found out that the first driver used his mate to help with the delivery, clearly illegal as he is not with the company. The amount of health & safety breaches were probably in the 50's !
2. I could tell the quality of this was not worth the over £6000 I had paid, and so we move onto the next eventful 5 months.
3. THE CUSTOMER SERVICE - is SHOCKINGLY BAD !!!!
The call centre is based in the Philippines I believe, and they have no clue about satisfying the customers, let alone caring. I suspect judging by the lack of communication between them and the company producing the terrible products, that they are left to fire fight complaints with no real power. I have made call after call and sent email upon email with little or no valuable feedback or response from anyone.
I was told at one point that they could not see the emails I had sent, so gave me another email address (the same one I had been using).
4. In line with the above I have still not received the replacement parts I requested (there were 4 of them), however, since then, there are so many rotten parts of wood because I suspect they had been left in some damp warehouse before they reached me, that loads of it is unusable.
And in any case I would not have faith that even if I had all of it, that it would stand the test of time anyway.
5. I have delayed builders who were on standby to help build this and cancelled many times due to the replacement parts not turning up. They have also looked at the quality and compared it to my other one and said this is nowhere near as good (that's the polite version).
6. Based on all the above, my latest intelligent conversations with the "Help Centre", have revolved around me requesting a full refund because of the disgusting lack of respect for me as a customer, along with all points noted above. They then love to quote the 14 day no returns policy... Ok, is that 14 days where I have the full product and can make a decision based on this fact?! I have never had it in full, and made multiple calls and emails to back this up. Every other company I can think of, would apologize and offer a full refund, and then sort out their mess of a company and do business properly and professionally.
- Next stop Trading Standards
So just a recap to implore you not to buy anything from here:
Shoddy and illegal unloading which makes a mockery of Health & Safety
Multiple Damaged parts
Terrible Customer Service
Lack of Professionalism
Lack of Communication
THE WORST COMPANY YOU WILL EVER DEAL WITH"
"This is the most flimsy shed I have ever seen and had, I ordered the 8 x 8 Billy-oh Expert workshop, and comes in 4 foot sections ( so one person can carry it through gates ), so plenty of ill fitting Joints, nothing fits flush, and the size of the framework is only 25 - 28mm square, I've had to use extra wood to fill in joints that don't fit, use plenty of "Gripfill" adhesive filler for all the joints and clear silicone sealant to hopefully keep everything water tight, but I have my doubts. Double doors are a joke with no cross bracing..I even "upgraded" the floor and roof panels to 11mm T&G boarding from them, and I've even had to spend another £117 on it to have 6 No. of 18mm OSB 8 x 4 sheets to reinforce the inside of the shed as its so flimsy. I had no problems with the company who sold the shed to me, and was delivered when stated, but the quality of the shed timber and build quality is diabolical...DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON ANY OF THESE SHEDS."
"Doesn't even deserve a one star. got a text on morning of delivery saying between 22.38 and 06.00!!!!!!!. Got text then at 19.36 saying traffic permitting would be with us in half an hour. They never showed. Difficult to get through to customer services, call centre somewhere in India with poor English and bad phones you can imagine. Was told initially that they had tried to ring but phone went straight to answer phone I disputed this then they said nowhere safe to leave it. Husband was here all day. Now being told delivery is going to be next week, like we can just keep taking days off in the hope that it will be delivered. Save your money spend a little more and get a decent company to buy shed from."
"This is an awful service and I recommend you save yourself the headache and go elsewhere. The shed was delivered into the neighbours garden despite the deliverer being shown where to put it. As the customer, you have the responsibility for ensuring that all parts have been delivered - I've never known a company make the customer responsible for the product they have paid for. We have had numerous issues over many weeks now with getting it assembled with the assembly people being utterly unreliable, almost never showing up on the time or day agreed and phoning us to cancel at the last minute. I would strongly advise you go elsewhere."
"Shockingly bad product and even worse customer service. These people obviously have non existant quality control with an absolute multitude of flaws in the product, to name a few; Base either too large or side panels too small to fit correctly, unseated tongue and grove with daylight showing through panels; splintered and holed walls; screws at all angles protruding and splitting wood; flimsy materials; and on and on.
An abolutly useless customer service with a crackling line and VERY broken English, poorly understood, and no product knowledge.
Due to poor construction and ill fitting panels I doubt if this shed will last a couple of years, even though I had to supplement with additional timber at additional cost.
My advice, steer clear of this outlet, simply money wasted on what could only be classed as firewood."
"I bought a small plastic garden store advertised as '5x3' feet. It turns out to be considerably smaller than advertised (like 4.5 x 2' feet). I let them know and they initially sounded keen to get things sorted, but then wanted to charge me money to collect to item that was no good to me as they had falsely described it. When i refused to accept this they actually began making up stories about me telling a rep on the phone that I wanted to keep the item after all - I have experienced poor customer service before but rarely ever a case like these guys where they seem prepared to bare faced lie to avoid meeting their consumer rights obligations. Disgusting! I wish I had seen this site before I bought and avoided GBD altogether."
"terrible service. ordered my shed windowed they delivered one without windows so time booked of work to put shed up wasted. one week later replacement panel arrives only for it to be the wrong one again. more wasted time. spoke to them yesterday promised to bring correct panel within two days. phoned today only to be told its not going to arrive for another 6 days. also missing hinges. don't use this company I really wished if I hadn't 😔"
"Very poor company - 10 x 8 heavy duty shed delivered without me knowing, a week early.. i wasn't there to check delivery, fixtures missing, no screws or nails, no instructions! Nothing fitted together, knot holes everywhere on the wood, even though i paid for a upgrade on the floor it was very weak & i had to pay another £60 to strengthen. Wrong guttering delivered won't fit onto the shed, when complaining long waiting for someone in the Philippines. Still awaiting someone to get back to refund for the guttering.. never, ever buy from this company."
"Shed was delivered with a damaged roof initially, we had the replacement sent out for next day delivery after fighting for it and my fiancé took the day off work on the Saturday to build the shed. We managed to put the base and walls up then came to put the roof on, only to find out that two of the panels for the roof were not the correct ones and were both too narrow and too short to fit on the 10x6 shed. There is a storm forecast for this week and we have no roof on the shed, our mechanical and electrical equipment is now at risk of damage and the flooring we have chosen to put in the shed and would be perfectly fine in a shed with a roof is now at risk of severe damage if it rains and still this company is making excuses as to why they can't send out the correct panels next day despite them having done it once and there being a lot of same day couriers about. The customer service are obviously just reading through a script and trying to get them to understand the severity of the issue is one of the hardest things I have done for a while. DO NOT RISK THIS HEADACHE!!!! Even trying to get through the customer service is a nightmare, if you choose the wrong phone option it hangs up on you!!!"
"The shed itself was OK for the price, but the size given on the website was totally misleading. I had built my own base using their measurements, but what they didn't say (unless it was hidden in the small print) was that the measurements included "overhang". So my base was too long by about 8 inches. At no point have they admitted that their advert is misleading, which has just made me more annoyed. Will not use them again, and am actively seeking sites like this to spread the word."
I have ordered my log cabin with your company. Problems with the address, long waiting on the phone to speak to somebody that was just the begging... I paid to be fit it as well. Company asked me to send you the picture of the base which i did. Nobody emailed me back that is gonna be any problem. Delivery arrived and the builders said the base hasn't got good level for the Cabin to be fitted. They said is impossible and suggest to send it back and call once I gonna fix the base. Why nobody come before to checked the level or asked for a better pictures?
I contacted different company to check if I can put any different log cabin . They came messier and they are ready to do it.
I called to get the refund which I have right for. Again 10 min on the phone with the music. They said I need to go to my account and press refund which I did. A week ago gentlemen called me and said I will be charged around £ 300 for the cost. I understand that and I agreed . You have records of your conversations and you can check that . This morning somebody called me and left the massage that you gonna charge me another £700 pound! I called back they didn't know who it was and they could not give me any explanation. Lady said somebody will contact me on Monday because is weekend! Bad customer service!and wrong information all the time! I paid £2700 for cabin and £1400 for fitting and now you want to keep £1000 because of your mistakes ?!
I hope somebody who cares for customers is reading this one now and will contact me soon if not I have to contact my lawyers and pass the case to them !
This is the email I have send to the company. Nobody even respond to me. In the end after 2 months of fighting on the phone They took £700 from me just because they came and parked for 30 min. After they said the base is not level and they gone.
Very unprofessional team. Avoid and never buy from them if you want to see the money or product.
Sent from my iPhone"
"Booked a half day from work on delivery day to build the shed. Shed arrived and I queried with driver about possible missing parts! Driver was clueless as had never built one but was confident 11 parts were delivered and needed. Discovered after driver left that we had no floor panels and 2 sets of roof panels instead of one. That meant another unhappy customer somewhere as we had their roof as well as ours! Customer service USA call centre with horrendous back ground noise. Missing part will be sent in 3-5 working days. Not happy we have a shed parts sat in our garden that we can't assemble and I have no more holiday days to book. Complete waste of half a day holiday."
"""A very poor company that was very difficult to contact, as they use an offshore call centre and you cannot contact the people responsible for the issues. It cost more in time and effort to get a refund for a poor product delivered in the first place, than was ever anticipated. My biggest lesson would be to totally review a company before placing an order,"