Garden Buildings Direct Reviews

Tell us how Garden Buildings Direct made you happy

Own Driver, Courier
Over 7 Days
Over a week
"My new shed, which cost over £600, was delivered as planned and on time. However, it was of very shoddy quality and made of poor, flimsy boxwood-type timber. Once erected it warped and gaps appeared everywhere. A new replacement front was supplied but this was as bad as the first one. The quality was appalling and I wish I had never ever bought this disaster. I have now had to spend another £250 to strengthen the structure and have replacement doors built. I would advise other potential customers to spend more, and not necessarily much more, to get a good quality shed elsewhere. A total waste of money, added to which very poor unreliable customer service"
Are you Garden Buildings Direct? No one is perfect. Reply to this negative review and show your potential customers that you value the feedback Garden Buildings Direct receives and that when things do go wrong you do your best to put things right. Reply Free
"Worst experience of my life! Delivery was on the 20th of September...14 pieces missing of which was all door and window frames (pretty much the stand out pieces in flat pack). This is when my month of torment started, around 40 phone calls, threatening with return of product and 4 deliveries (incorrect parts, broken or missing) later I had everything I needed on the 17th of October. Trouble putting together as some pieces were warped, but managed to pull it off. Paid extra for a floor that was a complete rip off (worst construction ever), would need to put extra floor over the current one to make it look good. My advice in short, stay clear at a distance from this company to save yourself a lot of pain and money. I would give them negative 10 if the site would allow me!!!!!"
"do not buy from this company wish i had seen all the other bad reviews which are what i have received total rubbish summerhouse a bunch of crooks this company"
"ordered a log cabin as advertised on their web site, it was just what I had been looking for and waited delivery with great expectations. What a shock though when it arrived in the form of a flat pack and not in the form of panels which is normal in the trade. There was no way I could possibly put it together due to my age and infirmity so I decided to return as per their advertised policy in the hope of having my money immediately refunded, but now I am informed that they will be charging me £140 for delivery. The fact that this was not in panel form should have been made clear in the sales description, but wasn't otherwise I would not have ordered, They now hold back in excess of a thousand pounds of my money which as a pensioner of limited means I just cannot afford to be without. They advertise themselves with a philosophy of ' placing customer interest first and foremost and deliver a positive customer experience'. I suppose the only remedy now is to ask trading standards to help, but should I put up with this unnecessary worry and inconvenience"
"Cant give negative stars but absolutely would. Paid £400 on top of my order to have it delivered to Scotland. Turns up a month later, not all the main parts are there. A month later of brain damage from their "helpline" and I still don't have everything I need to build it. Its been sitting a month half built. Utter joke of a company. Avoid like the plague. Can't believe I have given these jokers £1500 of my hard earned to be treated like this. I have demanded refund and "computer says no" from the foreign call centre. AVOID AVOID AVOID!!!"
"Customer Services are appalling - both on-line chat and telephone are laborious and ineffective. A lot of time was wasted trying to get answers. I had no confidence in the company and so decided to look at these reviews - I'm so glad I did and will not be ordering."
"I ordered Carmen Log Cabin. Delivery date was set for 18th September. I took the day off work to be in for delivery. On 16th September i received email from BillyOh stating for unforeseen circumstances the item could not be delivered until 25th September. I do not like being messed about with such short notice. I have then gone online and seen all the terrible reviews this website has had. The terrible reviews are in regards to delivery dates, quality of sheds and customer services. Due to this i have decided to cancel my order. Little did i know how difficult this would be. First of all call centres are based abroad. Unhelpful phone centre which often hangs up after pressing and waiting for numerous time. Emails sent are always replied with it will take 24-48 hours for a response. I have sent numerous emails which has revealed there is no direct email or telephone number for the cancellations team. I have sent near on 10 emails now and each reply states they will forward to cancellation team as a priority and the cancellation team will contact me within 48 hours. I have now waited 72 hours and still no phone call from the cancellations team. I cannot contact anyone to speed anything up and each phone call to call centre results in the same unhelpful information. I believe the company is stringing me along until they can just deliver the shed and run away keeping my money. I do not believe it take 72 hours for cancellation team to make contact. It is very sad that a big company treats customers this way and runs such a bad customer service. I want my refund and to stop being strung along by unhelpful emails. Please think twice about ordering from this company as all they care about is your money"
"The delivery service requires a serious overhaul.. I selected a delivery date on placing the order, arranged to have time off to accept delivery, and with only a few hours notice that date was changed ( to the day before my selected date ). No apology or explanation from the Customer Care Centre. They did however advise that the delivery was the second scheduled on the new date, so I arranged to take the morning off, only for the product to arrive at 3.25pm! What is the point of offering a choice of delivery dates if they are going to be disregarded? And why is the Customer Care Centre not better informed about the reason for changes and the new delivery schedules?"
"Do not buy from this company. The product is substandard, doesn't fit properly, thin low quality wood used in parts, many pieces warped and damaged. Deliveries are absolute chaos - no parts labelled, very hard to identify. Customer service is incompetent. I would strongly recommend you steer well clear"
"Scammers Paid extra to receive item on specific date. Only to be told I'll that day (booked off work) it will be rescheduled to a later date. Tried getting a refund, to no avail through several phone calls and emails. I'm going to do everything in my power to stop anyone from buying here. Through social media etc."
"They are an absolute joke, sub standard parts sent, missing parts and doors the wrong size for a play house for my kids. Paid £480 and when my brother who is a builder with 15 years trade experience built it he said he'd never seen anything like it. He made so many adjustments he might as well have built it from scratch himself. Spoke to them millions of times on the phone and on line just get fobbed off with messages just cut and paste from previous conversations I've had with them. Not interested in a refund just ignoring me and im now going to take this further. Don't even believe they are a UK company as all the staff I've been in contact with work in the Philippines. Feel free to contact me if you want to help get some justice with trading standards!"
"Wish I could add images the 10x12 (quality Ha ha)work shop I ordered is a joke, supposed to be tongue and grove (that's a joke) they don't even touch never mind slot into each other the frame was 2x1 and had so many knots just picking it up some of them snapped. Complained, they sent some replacement panels. Had to re-inforce floor and sides as floor that flimsy thought we would go through it, the sides and roof had more holes than a colander. Payed £964 for a pile of fire wood spent another £600+ to make it useable. DON'T BUY FROM THIS COMPANY FALSE ADVERTISING they also go by another name"
"Wish you could have 0 stars, one is too good. shocking customer services. Delivery drivers who cant read or count, x2 means 1+1=2 not 1. Customer service team are rude and unhelpful. Unable to reschedule delivery due poor website and customer service unwilling to help. On my 3rd delivery and must be nearly hour on the phone. All this before I can attempt to build the shed, lets hope it actually is a shed, wouldnt be surprised if its table, would have quicker to build it out of Lego!!!"
"Avoid this dreadful company unless you want to be disappointed. Terrible customer service, multiple delays on delivery. Missing and broken parts when it eventually arrived. Consists of very low quality components. Customer service is non existent. No urgency from GBD to resolve issues. Unable to complete my build. 100’s of similar comments - Trading Standards need to act now to protect consumers from this rip-off business."
"Everything. Wouldn't even give one star. Order unilaterally cancelled because delivery and billing address different, agreed delivery date cancelled then replaced immediately with same date, delivery date rescheduled again, 3 week delivery commitment not met, BillyOh shed not fit for purpose, 'fuss free 14 day return' doesn't work, staff unhelpful and poorly trained, complaints team don't call back, every email sent twice from different parts of the organisation. Delivery driver a nice bloke though!"
"What didn’t go wrong... panels not lining up, missing parts, deliverys not turning up the list is endless. DO NOT ISE THIS COMPANY"
"Awful company, I will not bore with a repeat of all the issues we have experienced, which are poor build, terrible delivery driver, damage, and unbelievable customer “service?????” Just hope you find this prior to ordering, and avoid an identical experience. Don’t believe the glowing reviews that have been posted (created??) elsewhere. The ones here reflect this company perfectly."
"Order late Order arrived with missing parts (recognised by the delivery driver). GBD didn’t contact me to discuss missing parts. When finally getting though their automatic telephone line the customer service team was terrible. I have to keep calling for updates as to when the missing parts would be delivered. I’m still waiting for the parts. Really poor service"
"Do not use!!! I ordered a playhouse for my daughters birthday well in advance. They advertised free delivery within 14 days. I selected my free slot, noting that there were some that you could pay for, but as I had made arrangements in plenty of time, I utilised the free delivery option. A week later my friend ordered the same house but paid for a slot to ensure its arrival for her daughters birthday (they are 6 days apart). I arranged to be in on the delivery day, arranged baby sitters and help to put it together, then 3 days before I got an email simply saying I had a new delivery date scheduled for 2 weeks later - claiming a missing part. We told them it was unacceptable but simply got the 'we'll do what we can to expedite it' response. It would still narrowly arrive in time, however the babysitting and help had to be rearranged for on Grandad's birthday, with him cancelling his plans to do so. I then get another email mere days before stating that it had been put back again... I have now cancelled the order with one very disappointed and upset little girl... want to know what the rub is though? My friend who ordered hers after mine but paid for delivery, has got hers with no problem.... thieving charlatans!"
"Absolutely disgusting that this company are falsely advertising their products and are then in breach of their contract for not delivering the full product on time and in good condition. I ordered a Billy Oh bunny playhouse for my son's birthday, thinking it would be delivered in time as it states on the website free delivery in 14 working days. So we had to choose a delivery date, 5 weeks away at an extra cost of £50. So it wouldn't be on time for his birthday, but we could deal with that. Then we got an email saying they were currently processing our order and would notify us as soon as delivery has been scheduled - no further contact was made. The delivery date arrived and they did deliver - but only part of it!! Several frustrating phone calls & emails later and they have said 3-5 working days for the rest of the parts. Having read all these reviews I am not holding out much hope. I have contacted Trading Standards as this company should not be allowed to trade after breaching their contracts with so many people and churning out shabby woodwork which, by all accounts, isn't fit for purpose and seems to be a complete sham."
Garden Buildings Direct is rated 1.01 based on 117 reviews