Garden Buildings Direct Reviews

3% of reviewers recommend Garden Buildings Direct
1PM
1PM

About Garden Buildings Direct: Garden Buildings Direct manufacture garden sheds, summerhouses, log cabins, playhouses and other garden related products. We import a large number of products from Eastern Europe and Asia on top of the 120 SKU’s we manufacture in house.<br /> Garden Buildings Direct also operates a home delivery service throughout England, Scotland and Wales.

Sales@Kybotech.co.uk

customer service
Returns & Refunds
refunds process
Difficult
"Billyoh shed a subsidiary company, I recently constructed a large shed for customer ,I couldnt believe the poor materials sweating in plastic ,inch by inch load bearers 100s of bits shocking, I had to spend 80 pounds on slate Batton to reinforce it ,don't buy as absolutely rubbish"
Are you Garden Buildings Direct? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Get Access
"These are really poor quality sheds. Avoid"
"Awful business. 0 stars from me. Got a delivery after 3 weeks of waiting. Many panels and wood pieces bowed. Doors are poor fit. Windows broke entirely only 2 survived. Gaps in the wood and in the T&G panels. Biggest insult I've been told is "sorry" Never ever deal with this company. Build your own shed."
"Absolutely, quite positively the worst experience I've ever had with a company. Not only was the delivery late, missing parts and bowed. The windows have already broken because they are 1mm thick plastic. The side of the shed is damp from poor T&G joinery. But beyond all of that, the resolution made by Garden Buildings Direct was to disassemble one side of the shed and send it back. How about a partial refund for the crappy windows? Or replacement doors? Nope. Send us back a panel so we can 'investigate further' Because the pictures I emailed aren't clear enough? The descriptions I've given aren't enough? You claim "we take complaints seriously with top priority" yet I repeat myself and am told "just send us actual photos of the issues" Sorry, did the photos I send not display the broken windows? Did they not display the holes and gaps in the panels? Did the doors not look bowed and poorly fit? Avoid."
"Delivery on time driver helpful shed absolutely cheap rubbish timber all twisted holes in the tongue and grove no instructions in delivery very disappointed wish I could return it"
"If I could give 0 stars I would. The 1 star can only be applied to a good website which sucked me in to begin with. However, from then on in, I’ve nothing positive to say. I was given a delivery date, based upon which arranged time off work. The day before it was due we’d heard nothing and the website status hadn’t changed. We called the so-called customer service number and was only then told it wouldn’t be coming when expected. So we kept checking the website for updates, again, no changes and no phone calls / emails from the company. Two more calls to their overseas-based CS numbers resulted in repeated, scripted replies using the excuse of missing parts. I requested a UK contact number and was refused. Finally, TWO WEEKS later the website delivery status changed - again, no email, no call and no apology. It arrived exactly two weeks late - just as I was about to return to work - and it the flimsiest, thinnest she’s ive ever laid eyes on. The construction is poor at best - a lot of adjustment has had to be made. The instructions are gobble-de-gook, missing stages out and mixing the order of some stages up. I’ve had to buy extra wood to strengthen the roof and side panels and quite frankly, if I didn’t need something desperately to shelter garden equipment - and if I was not already two weeks behind and really stuck for time - this would have been returned for a refund. In short: not recommended at all, DO NOT RISK YOUR MONEY."
"Have to say I would not recommend this company to anybody on this planet. My father in law bought a large shed from them and as you can see on the recipe he paid a lot so you would for that amount of money expect a high quality shed. Well to say he was robbed is an understatement it is not fit for guy Fawkes to use!!! its thin shoddy and leaks beyond belief I wrote to the company after receiving it and voiced my dissatisfaction to be told "sorry". The shed has had 4 coats of Cuprinol paint but this wood is thin enough to breath through we had to purchase more struts to try and make it more sturdy also boarding it inside but as you can see from the photos it was to little avail. The water is coming in every where so my father in law and husband now have to take all the boarding off and buy shiplapping wood and recover the whole shed. For a pensioner this is not a cheap fix so please be warned before buying any products from this company. I have copied and pasted this to my own face book page also so the story can be seen by many before the company probably take it down."
"Avoid. Ordered a metal shed and a summer house. Delivery delayed by 2 weeks before we even started, poor updates about delivery. I was disappointed but understood. When it arrived the metal shed was damaged and the extra flooring we ordered was missing. I was advised 2-5 working days for replacement parts for the metal shed to be sent and I had to go back and forth to get them to refund the missing flooring. It was so frustrating but I understood mistakes happen. The 5 working days came and went, no update. I had to chase them every step of the way. Eventually I was told the replacement parts wasn’t in stock and wouldn’t be coming back in stock. I asked for their complaints process and ombudsman's details, this request was ignored. I had to chase up, I was then offered a 10% refund. I had to go back and forth advising this was not acceptable as the shed was useless with the warped parts we could not build it. Eventually they agreed to collect and issue a refund, this took a lot of persuasion. They eventually collected and advised a refund would be issued within 5 working days. The 5 working days came and went I had to chase this up. I asked for compensation for all the issues as I lost my deposit with the builder hired to build due to delays, etc. They advised they don’t do goodwill or compensation. It doesn’t end there! The summer house flooring was so flimsy that we’ve had to reinforce it with internal flooring, I paid extra for the flooring from Billy Oh, that was a waste on money! One of the panels was wrong one, my builder had to rectify this. Randomly we have an extra floor panel, there were no screws or nails, it’s cost us a boat load more just to get it right. My builder has advised me it is one of the worst summer house packs he’s had to work with, not good quality and he’s been doing this a long time."
"Horrible company, send miss leading instructions, and horrible customer service, do not buy from this company."
"Ordered nearly a month ago and delivery time and date has been changed for the fourth time."
"I recently purchased a small Summerhouse . The quality of materials used for this structure were very poor . Roughly finished, some areas split and flimsy. I paid extra for a red shingle roof but they supplied black tiles . I have been unable to return these and have not received a refund . No hinges, locks or handles were sent although again charged for ! Customer service is appalling . I would NOT recommend this company at all. Very disappointed and has cost extra to rectify ."
"Bought Billy Oh Summerhouse. Returned before accepting delivery. Panels had large gouges and were covered in resin. Support posts were in heat sealed packaging which was full of water. Looked a totally shabby product. Now struggling to talk to them about a refund. Poor customer service. Wish I had known about this site before purchasing looks like were in for a long wait for a refund!"
"We placed an order 3 weeks ago still awaiting delivery we have had no update from them so called today for a refund I was on hold for 20 minutes and couldn’t get through now it says they have technical problems with the phones! It was a playhouse for my daughters birthday which was on 13th August so her birthday surprise is totally ruined I am so upset the service is shocking please do not buy from this company"
"Disgusting company! Terrible "service" ! This company is a joke! Do not buy from them!"
"Please dont get yourself mixed up with these people. I am a 70 year old pensioner. I paid GBD/ Billy Ho £758.00 for what is advertised as a Master tongue and groove shed, hard wearing for established families, more demanding out door activities, stronger built, and a robust build. Believe me it is non of these things. It is very flimsy and doesn't fit together it is not fit for purpose. I put a written complaint in to the director of the firm, he did not have the courtesy to answer. I paid a shed builder £60.00 to put it together and after 4 hours he informed me that it was a pile of s...e and I should return it for my money back. After 30 emails, 12 phone calls, 10 photographs, and loads of stress, I was informed that they would finally pick it up but only if I paid £93.00. I was distraught. I have been left £153.00 out of pocket and no shed. I dont know who has written any good reviews on this site but............"
"Avoid at all costs. Poor quality billy oh pent shed. Spent over £1000 purchasing, getting assembled by my builder and then kitting it out. Roof leaked, was covered in mould and then caved in. Customer service appalling and advised I should try using some sealant. I have had to throw out the entire contents of the shed as they stink of mould and will now have to spend a few hundred pounds on a skip and labour to get the thing taken down. I have requested a refund in numerous emails but advised that I breached the guarantee as it was sited near a fence. Not that that would have caused the roof to leak! Please don’t waste your money like I did."
"Garden buildings direct took my order mid July for the BillyOh tree house. After promising to deliver on numerous occasions, but failing, I had to go on a family holiday. They then guaranteed delivery on 27th August, as all parts were in stock. I've just had an email saying they've sold my item so can't deliver until September as they need to manufacture my item. Considering I've called to complain 5 times and been lied to many more by phone and email I've now cancelled my order. Beware BillyOh from Garden Buildings direct may never arrive."
"Oh how i wish i looked at the reviews for this company before spending thousands of pounds on a log cabin The customer service is in a word useless Major Parts were missing so unable to get the roof on before the deluge of rain we have had in the SouthEast Floor ruined but it was pretty useless before the rain anyway. Promised to get the missing parts to use asap, but that didnt happen. We were willing to keep it even though it got soaked with all the rainfall but after failing to get the parts to us they are guilty of breaching the contract so i have been in touch with trading standards and taken their advice about getting a full refund. Do not buy anything from this company unless you want sleepless nights and a load of hassle. They do not deserve the star i gave them but without putting a star on you cant give a review"
"Dont bother. Its impossible to talk to anyone. Actually managed to chat via "live chat" and then Gennylyn must have fallen asleep. Most ignorant company I have ever dealt with. I'll now be contacting Trading Standards and BBC1 X-Ray to get this sorted."
"What a waste of money, please do not buy from this company. We bought a summerhouse 'Billy oh' and Oh what a mistake. The floor comes in sections and is the flimsiest floor you would see, I had to buy extra sheeting for this to sit on between the 'eazy base' and the floor itself just to give it some strength, after fitting standing on the floor has broken some of the sections so now another load of sheeting has to go on top of that taking away the T&G effect. The instructions for the base are impossible to complete as you have to turn it over then fit joining pieces, more like a krypton factor task, no battons to go along the edge where it keeps breaking, no mention in the instructions that any need to be fitted. Panels needed to be completed by myself, screw the end sections on each end, this seems more like they just couldn't be bothered to fit them, nails missed all over the place and sticking out, the quality of the wood is a joke, warped, full of knots and must annoying rough sawn timber, this is for a summer house not a shed. Driver dropped alot of the parts on to the floor from the van, this damaged several items, although not known until we came to fit them, roofing felt damaged at the edge so when unrolling it to fit it ripped so had to replace that with new. I have emailed the company who have yet to respond, This has come from the above company but seems to have been thrown together by Billy Oh in Workshop, I will be contacting them by the end of the week. Would love to give no starts but can't. So again AVOID this company quality of the material is shocking to say the least."
Garden Buildings Direct is rated 1.14 based on 221 reviews