Gabor Shoes Reviews

of reviewers recommend Gabor Shoes
Read Gabor Shoes Reviews

sales@clinkard.co.uk

Tell us how Gabor Shoes made you happy
The wrong colour shoes were sent.
Thank you for your recent review.

We would like to thoroughly apologise you received the incorrect item. This has been an error in our dispatch department, and we will investigate how this has occurred.

Please rest assured this is a very rare occurrence.

I can see you have spoken to our Customer Services Department who have arranged with you the return of the incorrect shoes and sent a replacement pair for you.

We hope this will not deter you from returning in the future and are again sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused.

Nicola-Customer Services
Ordered knee high boots in size 4.5 but when they arrived the leg length was way too long so that I couldn't bend my knee without it cutting into the back of my knee. Please designers, understand that a woman who wears size 4 or 4.5 is probably under 5ft 4 so why make boots in ridiculous leg lengths, boots in this size should have a leg height of below 14in. Also, it would be more beneficial to the customer if Geox could display leg lengths in the description. Other than this, they were a nice quality boot and I would have kept them if the leg length was less.

Thankyou for your review.

We are sorry you found the style unsuitable for you, as size is personal there is no guarantee of the perfect fit.

We appreciate your feedback and we will ensure your suggestions regarding showing the length of the boot are included in the description are forwarded on for future listings.

If we can offer help regarding any of the items we have on sale please do not hesitate to contact us.

Buttons came off after 1 wear

Thank you for your review.

We are sorry to hear about the problem with your purchase.

A private message has been sent to offer further assistance with this issue.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards,
Customer Services
This was the first time I ordered from Gabor online. The Delphino boots size 7 arrived in a box that was already torn and the tissue paper inside was also not in good condition. So from the moment I opened the box my experience unfortunately got off to a sub par start. The right one of the Delphino boots had something wrong with it - the place inside the boot where the heel sits was not level compared to the left boot. There was a bump which made it uneven so effectively it was faulty. Judging from the condition of the box and the wrapping paper plus the issue with the shoe it seemed to me that perhaps I had been sent a pair returned by someone else. To return the boots I wrapped them carefully and posted them yesterday as a tracked parcel via Royal Mail as advised by customer services. The postage cost me close to 5 pounds. I thought initially maybe my poor experience was because I had made the purchase on a website I had never used before (Charles Clinkard) as I had googled Delphino boots and they had my size. I have never used this website before and against my better judgment I made the purchase. However I now realize this company is actually Gabor themselves! When I emailed customer services informing my decision to return the boots I was advised (the reply came a day later) that only if I took the boots to one of their stores miles away I could return them free of charge. Very clunky customer service. In this day and age of online shopping I have never seen this kind of inconvenience. All retailers I shop from include free of charge return postage labels when they ship their products. It is hugely inconvenient for the client to be put through such an onerous and costly return process. I had to leave work early to go and queue at the post office so I could pay for the tracked return. Maybe Gabor needs to learn from its competitors. All in all it was a poor experience and I doubt I will be buying again. By comparison, Fitflop have impeccable customer experience and far superior quality, plus they include a return label free of charge inside their shoe boxes which always arrive in perfect condition. Thank you for the opportunity to feed back. Perhaps you would kindly let me have your response. Kind regards

Thankyou for your review.

Items are sourced from our stores and our warehouse, they may have been tried on or on a display however any quality issues should be raised before dispatching, additionally any packaging replaced or renewed. We are very disappointed this pair arrived with you.

We do offer free standard UK delivery however as customers to return the items at their own cost and the details of this is included in our terms and conditions:

With regards to the concerns raised in your review, on checking with your order the issues with the inside of the boot were not brought to our attention and we are generally sorry for the disappointment that has been caused.

We have sent you a seperate response regarding your return and hope this will restore your faith in shopping with us.

With reference to Gabor, we are Charles Clinkard and we have the licence to operate www.gaborshoes.co.uk however we are not Gabor directly. As Gabor are an overseas company they also do have a UK representative however you cannot make purchases, they represent all the Gabor sellers within the UK.

We appreciate all feedback from our customers as this helps to reflect the different level of service experienced. We are gehnuinely sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Nicola-Customer Services
You have to pay £4:49 to send things back which is a lot considering most companies do it for free now. This will deter me from shopping with you again.
Thank you for your review.

The £4.49 collect + service offered on our website is for up to 10 kilo for people who order multiple items to be able to send several shoes back in one package.

You can return to any Charles Clinkard store free or use Royal Mail or any other courier that you prefer.

I hope that this helps for future reference should you change your mind and order again.

Customer services
I have bought Gabor shoes and found 6 and a half the perfect fit. The shoes I ordered on line were too small and I had expected them to be black but they were navy, not even dark navy, but obviously blue. I sent them back and bore the cost of the postage but this was actually the last straw. Shoes were too tight, the wrong colour and I paid the price. Will not order on line again.

Thank you for your review.

We are sorry to hear you were unhappy with your recent purchase.

You ordered the Gabor Azalea, in the colour Atlantic Metallic Caru, which is blue not black unfortunately.

It is difficult to determine fit without trying on the item, as different styles within a brand can fit differently due to factors such as width and shape.

We currently do not offer free returns, however we appreciate the feedback regarding the returns policy and will pass this onto the correct department, as we are constantly reviewing our policies to ensure the best service for our customers.

Your return has been received and a refund has been processed accordingly.

If you require any assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Customer Services
I still haven't received my purchase.
HI,

Thank you for your review.

Looking at the tracking on your order, this was delivered to you on the 24th December,

Please can you contact us on 0345 241 7742 or email sales@clinkard.co.uk so that we can look into this for you.

I have also left you a voicemail and we hope to hear from you soon.

Have not recived the shoes yet. Ordered 9 days ago
Thank you for your review.

I can see that your order was placed on the 16th December and dispatched on the 17th.

Unfortunately as it is going from the UK to Norway it will have to pass through customs.

Hopefully your order will be with you very soon.

Customer services
Really good quality boots, but not very well described for a really expensive item being traded over the internet, considering the buyer has to return them at his/her own expense. The cost of which, with full insurance cover was £11, that’s £11 with nothing to show for it just because the width fitting was poorly described.
What would you say a knee length boot being described as extra wide was? Wide foot or leg?
No leg!
Sorry Gabor, very nice boots, but I can’t afford to come back, chances are I will misunderstand your description!

Thankyou for your review.

The Gabor Keates are wide fitting in the foot area and also a Large in the circumference in the calf.

We are sorry if the description was not as clear and we have contacted you via your order to hopefully restore your faith in shopping with us.

We do ask our customers to pay towards the cost of the return and do recommend a tracked service. The Post Office has different services available however you can also opt to use Collectplus which is £4.49 and would cover up to 10kg in weight and ideal for larger items or multiple products.

If you contact us by emailing sales@clinkard.co.ukk then we can of course offer advice and measurements before you make your purchase.

We are available 7 days a week and as late as 8pm Monday to Thursdays,

Nicola-Customer Services
The sizes are wrong and while one just fits (very uncomfortably) the other is at least 2 sizes too small. No consistency and extremely stressful as the boots were for a function last weekend. I had to purchase more from Hotter as I know their sizes are correct.
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

We are sorry to hear of your disappointment with your recent purchase.

Once we receive your return we will notify you via email.

We are pleased to hear you were able to locate another pair of boots for your event and if you require any assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Customer Services
I searched the web with care for I really need wide fit shoes. Finally searched under “walking
shoes:wide fit. Only your “rolling sole” trainers came up but the write up claimed they were equivalent of Gabor H- ideal. They were delivered very promptly and delivery company gave amazingly accurate delivery times. But neither on the shoes or on the box were there any reference to widerfit nor to Gabor H. Never had a pair of Gabor Hs that didn’t say so. I tried them on and they were ok. But after a day’s walking? No confirmation of width. £125 for discomfort. They are going back- and I am having to pay post. Nice one when Gabor’s lack of clear information is the problem.
Boots didnt fit and had to pay £11.00 to return registered post.
Hello

Thankyou for your review.

We are sorry to hear the boots were not a suitable fit. As size is personal, many factors can affect how footwear fits and what will be great for one person may not be for another.

With regards to returns, we do offer free standard UK delivery with dispatch within 5 working days. We ask our customers to pay towards the cost of the return and this can be done either by the Post Office whom offer varying services and it does depend on what option you choose as to what you will pay

Collectplus is £4.49 and covers up to 10kg in weight and is ideal for larger items such as long boots or multiple pairs. You can click https://www.collectplus.co.uk/charlesclinkard and this will take you to the page, you simply enter your email make a secure payment and the label is sent over to you as an attachment.

You can opt for another service and we do recommend tracking for your reassurance.

Additionally we do have stores which can take your return and if you use the link below and pop in your post code this will bring up your nearest Charles Clinakrd store, on checking this you do have one quite close to you this may be an option for the future.

We hope you will return in the future and if further assistance is required do not hesitate to contact us. We are available on 0330 005 0230 7 days a week and as late as 8pm Monday through to Thursdays.

Nicola Waller-Customer Services
The boots were so different from my previous purchase 2 years ago. The sizing was completely different and the ‘lace ups’ were false: there is a zip at the side which is uncomfortable and means you cannot tighten the ankles properly, very disappointing because my first purchase was so successful. Also, I don’t appreciate having to pay £4.90 to return the boots! I won’t be using your service again. Other retailers offer free returns!
Thank you for your review.

We are sorry to hear that the boots that you received did not match the pair that you have had previously. The leather does stretch as little as you wear them and it can feel tighter at first. However with the other things that you mention, this may not be a comfortable boot for you.

With regard to the return cost, we do deliver free of charge but as if customers can return either to a Charles Clinkard store or send back to us. We do not cover the return costs, but would send out an exchange where we would cover the postage.

We hope that you find something more suited to your requirments.

Kind regards

Customer services
They took a lot longer than other retailers to arrive.
I decided to return them as they were slightly too small.
They were over £50 (£140) and so I emailed you to ask what was the best way to return them, as on your website you say returns are only insured to that amount, I didn’t have a reply so decided to take them to the post office and send them recorded delivery which cost me over £11!
I don’t think I would order from you again as I think it was a costly would be purchase.
Thank you for your review.

Our delivery service is free and we do advise that it can take up to 6 working days to receive your order, however most are much sooner than this. You can pay for a delivery which would ensure that your order is with you quickly if you prefer.

We are sorry to hear that the item that you ordered was not suitable and that you had to return it to us.

We are also sorry to heat that you did not receive a reply to your email, we do reply to all emails within 24 hours so I do not know why you have not been replied to.

With regards to Collect +, if you buy a label from our website, it covers up to 10 kilo and gives you £50 insurance. You can however go into a Collect + store and purchase a label and also extra insurance so that it will cover the full cost of your return should it go missing or be damaged in transit.

Alternatively you can choose any courier of choice or take back to any Charles Clinkard store. There are several not too far from you where you could take your return for a full refund.

This may help for future reference.

Customer services
i had to pay to return the boots that didn't fit this proved very costly when the same boots are i notice available on amazon prime with free returns at the same price

Thankyou for your review.

We offer free standard UK delivery and ask customers to pay towards the cost of the return.

Items can be returned via a Charles Clinkard store and you can find the location for these by using this link-https://www.charlesclinkard.co.uk/map

Collectplus is £4.49 and covers up to 10kg and is ideal for larger items as well as multiple products.

Of course you are welcome to use an alternative however we do recommend a tracked service for your reassurance.

With reference to Amazon and the prime option seen, we are unable to comment as the terms and condition of this do differ.

We appreciate your comments and are sorry you are disappointed, we will ensure your feedback is given to the relevant department.

We ask all customers to leave a review as this helps to reflect the different levels of service our customers experience.

If further assistance is required do not hesitate to contact us,

Nicola-Customer Services
2 things 1. delivery was poor and your customer service was unable to support said it was up to DPD but that is a shame as when ordering online delivery is essential part of my experience. 2 am returning both pairs as although the right shoe size the calf reach was insufficient and couldn’t do up the zip
- I can assure you I do not have an unusual sized calf circumference! Again a shame as the boots were beautiful. All in all after waiting for them to be delivered only to discover they did not fit it was a poor experience

Thankyou for your review.

We have looked into this for you and can see there was an issue with delivery which was down to DPD.

As the parcel was in their hands we hoped this would be resolved quickly for you and are sorry this has caused disappointment.

With regards to the style not being suitable, as size is personal it is difficult to confirm an item will fit and the best way is to try for size.

The two pairs ordered were two different calf cirumferences and we are sorry to hear neither were suitable for you.

We have contacted you privately to offer a resolution and hope you will consider returning again for your Gabor purchase.

Nicola

Customer Services
I haven't received my product yet

Thankyou for your review.

We are sorry you have not had notification of delivery,

We have contacgted you to provide further details regarding this.

Nicola-Customer Services
As I am between the sizes - I ordered 2 pairs shoes with the view of returning 1 pair .

It was clear very visible in bold writing “ UK Free Delivery on All orders “ however, returning message was very small , you have to search properly to find the points that customer is paying for returning postage ... simply I did not notice . it should be also bold , visible message about returning policy.
Usually , for shops which offer free delivery – returning is free , if I knew I have to pay returning postage I would think twice before ordering 2 pair shoes or go to the nearest store which is selling Gabor’s brand.

I am really disappointed with the service – will return the shoes and will ensure I never order anything from your store.

thank you .
J. E.

Thankyou for your review.

We offer free standard UK delivery with dispatch within 5 working days and also with no minimum spend.

Our delivery and returns policy is included next to the product description and links provided to highlight how to return an item, we are sorry if this was not clear and will ensure your comments are passed back to the team who take care of the website.

We have stores across the country and if you copy and paste this link-https://www.charlesclinkard.co.uk/map you will be able to see which stores are close to you, additionally you can take your items into a store to return them for a refund/exchange-there is no charge for this service.

We appreciate your comments however are disappointed to hear you will not return to us for your Gabor items, we have contacted you seperately and hope to restore your faith.

If further assistance is required please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kindest Regards

Nicola-Customer Services
Whilst theses boots were a great fit and the leather was very soft it was VERY thin. I expected better quality for the price.
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

We are sorry to hear you were disappointed with the quality of the shoes.

We will of course pass your comments onto the manufacture.

We hope you find another style within our range.

With regards,
Customer Services
Although I knew I had to pay for returns plenty of other online retailers do not charge. I shall not be ordering from Charles Clinkard again.
Thank you for your review.

We do deliver free of charge and ask customers to cover the cost of returns.

However you can buy a label from our website which is a tracked recorded service and it is only £4.49 for up to 10 kilo of returns. This enables you to send several items back at once. You can also take your returns back to any Charles Clinkard store.

Hopefully the above information will help if you do decide to order from us again in the future.

Kind regards, Janice Ruddock Customer services