FURL Reviews

Read FURL Reviews

david@furl.co.uk

71 - 73 Fairfax Road
Swiss Cottage

Tell us how FURL made you happy
FURL Reviews | 8th June 2019
Margaret Partridge
FURL 5 star review on 30th September 2020
Margaret Partridge
More Photos & Videos
Excellent service and products. Well done.
Our experience was not so good with regards to the customer service we received from the store manager . We felt he just didn’t care and couldn’t be bothered getting my name and email correct . This is a shame as we were going to buy wardrobes along with the table we bought . However it must be said that the director of the company had a totally different approach to customer services .
Hi Bryn, It was our pleasure to deliver and install your Eclipse table yesterday and that you were are able to enjoy it just 36 hours after ordering! I am really sorry that MJ misspelt your name, I know his has apologised to you already and he will try hard not to repeat this mistake again. You have a lovely home and your new table complements it beautifully, wishing you many successful dinners.
I would definitely recommend FURL to family and friends. The team were very responsive and friendly. The Team who delivered and installed were friendly and very quick. The website was easy to use too. I liked being able to design our product and see how it would look before buying and without visiting the showroom.
UPDATE: David refunded me £140 at the same time I was leaving this review - I have amended my star rating from 2 to 3 to reflect that the matter was resolved. However, I'd like to point out that I did order on the link i was provided on chat, I had saved it as a bookmark; and even messaged on chat moments before placing the order to check the delivery timescale as 7 days as it was showing as September on the webpage! Just admit there was an internal error, rather than push back on the customer.

-----
I loathe to write this review but sadly, the lack of communication has left me with no choice.

I contacted Furl in June to discuss their seven day express delivery service as I was in the process of purchasing a property but didn't want to buy the bed prior to exchange of contracts. I was assured that being outside of London (in Brighton) if I could give a little more than seven days notice then I could absolutely receive my order within 24 hours of moving into my property.

Once I exchanged contracts I purchased my bed - on July 15th - paid £100 for express seven day delivery and an additional £40 for weekend delivery so that my bed could be delivered the day after I completed on my flat - Saturday 25th July and I'd only have one night sleeping on the floor. Everyone was really chatty online when I hadn't yet placed the order, but as soon as I did...

Radio silence.

Over the course of the next ten days I rang the number on the website in excess of 20 times, and left several voice mails, each time clearly stating my name and telephone number. I sent several emails and was assured someone would be in touch soon. Moving day arrived and I had not heard a peep from Furl apart from the showroom manager asking me to pay another £125 for removable covers as that is all they had in stock for express delivery; i asked that they did not charge my card this fee until a delivery date was confirmed, as per the service the £140 I had paid for already. I didn't get a reply.

On Monday July 27th I finally received an email from David; informing me he had been away and that I must have mistyped my number when I made my order (I was unable to confirm this as it is not stated on my confirmation, so I took it as fact that I had inverted two numbers) and they'd been trying to call me. Funny how nobody thought to email me? Or to check the multiple emails I had sent or listen to the voicemails; each repeatedly stating my phone number!

Paul, the fitter then contacted me as initially I had been sent an email with an instal date sometime in mid August and I had replied to this email with horror!

Paul agreed to come and set up my bed on Wednesday 29th and he told me that the order hadn't come through to him as an express service - and they'd look into what had gone wrong.

I can't fault Paul - he turned up at 8am on the Wednesday and built the bed - the bed itself is great! Can't complain, fantastic storage, lovely quality - really fab.

Two days later I received an email from Furl and a notification from my bank that £140 had been charged for the removable covers (yes, that's £15 more than I was told AND bearing in mind I had already paid £140 for a delivery service that I did not receive!)

Several emails have gone back and forth with Furl stating that I want £140 (my express and weekend delivery charge) refunded plus £15 for the overcharge on the removable covers - they've admitted they've overcharged me, but haven't done anything about it.. All i got was "I appreciate that we had some communication issues and we did not deliver in 7 days as hopped, sorry about that." from the showroom manager!

I sent a final email to David, 5 days ago stating I wanted a refund for the delivery service I did not receive and for the overcharge of the removable covers, and he has not replied. Therefore I am now leaving this review as I am absolutely furious with the outrageously poor customer service.

Why two stars and not one? One for the bed, and one for Paul.

However, I really wish I had ordered from a mainstream retailer - the king size bed (no headboard or mattress or special fabric covering) plus delivery fee cost me £1670; not a small amount of money at all!

@Furl - I have been more than fair, and did say that I would take matters further if we could not resolve this between the two of us. So, if you do not refund the £155 (£100 for seven day express delivery, £40 for Saturday delivery and £15 for overcharging me for the removable covers), within the next 48 working hours, you will leave me with no choice but to contact trading standards and to inform my bank that this is an unauthorised charge and obtain the money back that way. You have my number and my email address, I look forward to hearing from you.
Hello Sam,

We are truly sorry for the frustration the purchase of your bed has caused at an already stressful time when moving house. We've identified number of issues that caused the problems, the main one being that you ordered your bed on our main site not the 7 day 'ready to go' section of the site, and yes following many conversations with you before your purchase we should have noticed this sooner. This combined with you providing an incorrect telephone number did lead us to deliver your bed 4 days later than you would have liked. I am pleased you love the bed and hope you can now enjoy your new home.
I found Furl to be extremely helpful and professional throughout the ordering and purchase process, particularly as we were unable to visit the showroom because of Covid-19.
In addition, the delivery was bang on time and the men carrying out the delivery and assembly of our sofa bed did so very professionally. I would have no hesitation in recommending Furl to others.
Sofa bed is wonderful and just what we ordered. Delivery team was very good and erected and moved it to where we wanted it. We also ordered a hideaway pouffe which is expensive but it does what we require it to do. I have to say though that the feet to the hideaway had to be put on by the delivery team, but no screws were provided, obviously a mistake, but luckily we had screws here that were suitable. I would like to mention, that communication was not always forthcoming, but that could be something to do with COVID.
A quality product
Great communication throughout.
Delivery team very hands on.
Great customer satisfaction
Smooth service. Good communication, I got a call when the team was on the way. The delivery team put together the sofa in no time, was informative and polite and came equipped with masks, adhering to the covid safety measures.

Overall, a very positive experience and the sofa looks well made and is comfortable and a pleasure to sit on.
FURL 5 star review on 31st July 2020
5 stars. We are very pleased with the product and your delivery team were efficient, courteous and good-humoured.
I had excellent service from Furl from the moment I walked into the shop to the point of delivery. Marcin who guided me through the purchase expertly patiently waiting for me to choose the right fabric and accessories. Also a bought a wonderful console table and chairs. They also kept in touch whilst I was waiting for the delivery . When the furniture was delivered the two gentlemen were so helpful positioning and making the sofa, demonstrating how it worked. They are excellent advocates for furl. Thank you all I am will highly recommend you to family and friends.
The bed is excellent, and was made to order to a high standard.
The delivery and assembly of the sofa bed was very smoothly and professionally accomplished - even up our three sets of windy stairs. All the wrappings were taken away and everything was left tidy. The sofa itself looks marvellous and is very comfortable. Slightly concerned about a gap between the seat cushions and the base board, but I have been assured that this will close up as soon as we start sitting on it. The delivery time following my order was very protracted due to the pandemic. I would have liked Furl to keep me updated a bit more regularly over the many months of waiting, but the product is definitely worth the wait. I would certainly recommend.
Excellent service from the start of the process right through to delivery and assembly. I haven’t received personal service like this from a company in a very long time! Paul was exceptional throughout! Thank you
This is the second bed we’ve purchased from Furl, and I’m planning on ordering a third. That in itself should be evidence enough of how highly I rate their product and their service. Thank you Furl!
Unfortunately, our bed arrived with incorrect parts, this was on Dec23 . The guys worked hard to make the bed useable over Christmas including a second visit the next day and promised to come back and fix it afterwards. After not hearing from them I contacted them on the 4 Feb. They then arranged to come out and fix it. At this point we were still missing the strap to lift the bed up. This was promised to be posted to us. After numerous emails and it now being the end of July, I still don't have a strap and my last email has gone unanswered for over a week. The beds are great but at the price they cost I don't expect this run around. Not good customer service furl!!!!
Edit: after posting this, the strap arrived a few days later. Now happy this is resolved. This is the third bed we have had from them over 10 years and we would order again, the beds are wonderful.
Hello Karen,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us here, I’m pleased you love your bed and I’m sorry the strap we posted to you did not arrive. We will send another today by special delivery which should reach you this week. Sorry for the slow reply to your email we are operating with very much reduced staff right now.
The delivery team arrived bang on time. They called ahead to let us know exactly when they would arrive. They quickly assembled the bed and were polite and courteous. They checked we were happy with everything before they left. A number of other companies these days have delivery that are clearly not invested in ensuring the customer is happy - they just want to get the delivery done and get out quickly. We did not feel this was the case with the Furl team !
Your delivery duo were more than kind and thoughtful. I am a granny and they put the beds where I asked them to and took away the plastic wrapping for me. Many thanks.
Great sofa and a proper bed that is in a different league to other sofa beds. The guy that came to instal it was fantastic. Friendly, helpful and informative👍🏼
Love it, love it, love it! Thank you Furl for my fab sofa, armchair and footstool, all delivered and installed to perfection by Joseph and John. Next on the wish list is a new bed! Highly recommend Furl for the amazing customer service, attention to detail and wonderful products.
FURL is rated 4.89 based on 824 reviews