Friars.co.uk Reviews

of reviewers recommend Friars.co.uk
customer service
Read Friars.co.uk Reviews

About Friars.co.uk:

Friars is a family business specialising in luxury chocolate and unique gifts. Since 1927 the business has evolved from a gift shop/cafe to a specialist chocolate and gift store.

Our online business was launched in 2010 and more recently we have opened a second ‘Ye Olde Friars’ high street store in Ambleside to support our flagship store in Keswick.

Our gifts are designed in house so you will not find them anywhere else. We want to make it easy for you to be original, so you can give gifts that taste and look amazing and will be remembered.

We love new products (perhaps because we get bored easily!), so every Valentines, Easter, Summer, Halloween and Christmas we launch a new range. It certainly keeps us entertained and hopefully our customers interested.

Tell us how Friars.co.uk made you happy
Excellent product, excellent service, good prices and speedy delivery and of course great chocolate. Recipient was delighted with the gift. A novel but quality product.
Excellent service .First time I have bought from Friars and I will be buying again from their wonderful range of confectionery.!
These chocolates are rather expensive and I was wary to order them online....but they were really well packed is a strong cardboard box and arrived in perfect condition. The chocolates were exquisite too!
Straight-forward prompt service delivering delicious product: very happy!
Just love these chocolates! I often use Friars to send chocolate gifts to family in Jersey, and they so look forward to getting their goodie box. Great service too!
Always lovely chocolates, well packaged and presented. Never been disappointed.
Excellent service and delicious chocs. I needed these in a hurry for a birthday so asked for next day deliverer. They arrived to save my bacon. Jolly good!!
These little chocolate Easter eggs look lovely and very cute!
Delicious, real, old-fashioned liqueur chocolates from Friars, containing the original spirits and not just a horrible, flavoured paste. Well done Friars and the manufacturers for keeping this great tradition going. Excellent response from Jackie W. at Friars too. Highly recommended. I shall delight many friends by buying these as gifts in future.
Easy to order, nice price, swift response, posted and received immediately. Grandsons says thank you very yummy chocolate 😋 Well done Ange
The chocolates I ordered were fantastic so tasteful. Not often I can find coffee flavoured chocolates but Friars are fantastic. Thank you
Ordered some dark chocolate cherry liqueurs for my Aunty's 70th birthday. I ordered them o the Tuesday night and they arrived by Thursday lunchtime which was good going as she lives in Fort William! She loved the chocolates. Thank you.
As regards the service that Friars provides, I can without hesitation say that it has been unfailingly prompt and reliable. Commenting on the chocolate is a little more tricky, for the simple reason that it is a food product, and people's palates obviously vary very widely, so that needs to be borne in mind. I find that this chocolate goes very well with coffee, for the simple reason that whilst sweet chocolate ruins the coffee, this, being 99% cocoa and savoury, is an ideal accompaniment. (Please remember that this is just one person's opinion). It is also high quality chocolate with high flavonoid content, so it additionally has health benefit.
Delicious chocolates delivered very quickly Will be back for much more just as quickly
Great and quick service. Will use again
Friars chocolates never fail to delight the recipients to whom I have sent selections over the years.
Bought these as a gift for a friend who says these are the best chocolates she’s tasted.
Best dark chocolates that we have ever bought
Excellent choice (my supply of Anthon Berg!) Fast delivery and good packaging.
Wonderful service - the box looked so good - all in tissue paper with the little card- thank you so much
Friars.co.uk is rated 4.79 based on 4,378 reviews