Friars.co.uk Reviews

of reviewers recommend Friars.co.uk
Read Friars.co.uk Reviews

About Friars.co.uk:

It all started back in 1927 when William Long had the fabulous idea of opening a luxury chocolate shop in the picturesque town of Keswick, in the heart of the Lake District. He probably never dreamed it would still be in the same family nearly 100 years later.

In those early days the shop only opened during the summer months and it is believed William chose to winter in the Madeira sunshine. As you would expect the business has evolved in many ways since then, however certain principles remain since those early days.

Innovation – We were the first to make a prosecco truffle and then shortly after we followed with our fabulous gin truffle. More recently; although Easter eggs are synonymous with Easter, we decided to move away from the main stream and invented our famous hot cross bun truffle.

But all this only scratches the surface; we are also one of the first chocolate makers to start transitioning to 100% biodegrade packaging, among other things.

Quality – Any new chocolate must meet certain requirements to get past our strict tasting panel. If one of the panel gives a score below 9/10 then we simply won’t offer the chocolate to our customers.

Longevity – We are immensely proud of our historic routes and in this fast moving, ever changing world, we take pride in our tradition and heritage. Our rose and violet creams are the same ones that William sold on that first day of opening, back in 1927. We have survived and prospered over the last 90 years and with the launch of our Ambleside store and an online service, we fully intend to be around for the next 100 years.

After all life is too short, so why settle for ordinary chocolate?

Tell us how Friars.co.uk made you happy
Helen Bond
Friars.co.uk 5 star review on 30th March 2021
Julie Roe
Friars.co.uk 5 star review on 30th March 2021
VICTORIA TOMLINSON
Lovely box of chocolates , good variety and very tasty. Would certainly buy again,also our grandson really enjoyed his dinosaurs. Delivered promptly as stated
Arrived super promptly to Belfast so my comment relates to delivery only. Cannot comment more fully as they are a gift for daughter’s birthday. Will know more next week!
Bought some butter tablet - very unsure it would be OK - and my husband liked it, high praise!
It was his Easter present as he has gone off chocolate - how dare he!!!!!!
Purchased the Vegan Iconic Easter egg. It cost about £27.00, without shipping. this comes with 6 truffles & a small chocolate block. The egg itself had strange odor. Kind of like crayons. The chocolate had a strange texture & didn't taste great. The truffles were much nicer & the chocolate bar (salted caramel flavor) was okay I guess. Wouldn't recommend & wouldn't buy again. There are definitely tastier options out there at a similar (if not cheaper) price point.
Hello, thank you for your review. We are sorry that you were disappointed with the chocolates you received from us. We hope that our customers find our products enjoyable, although unfortunately they may not be to everyone's personal taste. We will however, pass your feedback on to our supplier. Kind Regards Friars Customer Service
\we like that the packaging is sustainable. We like high coco mass dark chocolate.
Have tried the cherry & orange dark chocolate.
Would like more choice on nuts - hazel & almonds - + chocolate.
Great service and such a lovely variety of chocolates.
Excellent service and absolutely delighted with the vegan range of chocolates. Can highly recommend and will certainly be purchasing again soon.
Exceptional customer service! I realised that with standard delivery my order may not arrive in time for Easter, but when I rang up to pay to upgrade the delivery I found that the customer service team had already identified it was clearly an Easter order and upgraded the delivery for free! Very kind and thoughtful of them.
When the items arrived they were the favourite choice of Easter treat by far in our household, and looked beautiful on our Easter tablescape. Thank you very much Friars, will definitely be ordering again soon. Highly recommend this independent company.
Lovely chocolate and fantastic customer service! My delivery was a day late but this was due to a hold up with the Royal Mail. I called to check where the parcel was and the person on the other end of the call immediately refunded the delivery cost to me and it arrived the next day. Am definitely using Friars again.
Excellent quality chocolates and whish appear to contain less sugar than normal chocolates. Some out of stock items were replaced with suitable replacement. Good communications and prompt delivery. Will use again.
Quick delivery and really lovely chocolates! Especially the peanut butter ones!
Tasty chocolates - speedy delivery :)
I have been using Friars online for some time now, their chocolates have never disappointed, the selection is excellent and the service is always first class, so much so that people I have given their chocolates to have then gone on to use Friars, so the chocolates recommend themselves.
Absolutely delicious chocolate - worth the extra!
Was looking for low sugar chocolate for my wife for Easter, found Friars online. I ordered them a short time before Easter, was delighted they arrived within 3 days. My wife is pleased with the chocolates as they taste good which is not the case with some low/no added sugar chocolate.
Very speedy delivery in spite of the current circumstances. Goods very carefully packed and arrived in perfect condition.
Some of the best chocolates I have ever bought. The gifts that I have ordered have always been delivered on time ... five stars all the way.
Disappointed 😞, Easter chocolate truffles were plain so did not meet expectations.
Hello Colin, thank you for your review. We are sorry that you were disappointed with the chocolates you received from us. We hope that our customers find our products enjoyable, although unfortunately they may not be to everyone's personal taste. Kind Regards Friars Customer Service
Love to visit the shop at Keswick but Covid has stopped us visiting Keswick and other places in the “Lakes” so have ordered on line . Quick safe delivery and wonderful chocolates.
Enjoyed all different kinds we especially love Asbach liquor brandy chocolates.
Keswick was our honeymoon destination over 50yrs ago so have had a long time shopping at Friars.
Hope to get back there soon.
Helen Bond Mrs
Friars.co.uk 5 star review on 7th April 2021
Beautiful vegan chocolates. Would definitely buy again
Friars.co.uk is rated 4.81 based on 8,776 reviews