Friars.co.uk Reviews

of reviewers recommend Friars.co.uk
Read Friars.co.uk Reviews

About Friars.co.uk:

It all started back in 1927 when William Long had the fabulous idea of opening a luxury chocolate shop in the picturesque town of Keswick, in the heart of the Lake District. He probably never dreamed it would still be in the same family nearly 100 years later.

In those early days the shop only opened during the summer months and it is believed William chose to winter in the Madeira sunshine. As you would expect the business has evolved in many ways since then, however certain principles remain since those early days.

Innovation – We were the first to make a prosecco truffle and then shortly after we followed with our fabulous gin truffle. More recently; although Easter eggs are synonymous with Easter, we decided to move away from the main stream and invented our famous hot cross bun truffle.

But all this only scratches the surface; we are also one of the first chocolate makers to start transitioning to 100% biodegrade packagingM as well as pioneering vegan milk and white chocolate...among other things.

Quality – Any new chocolate must meet certain requirements to get past our strict tasting panel. If one of the panel gives a score below 9/10 then we simply won’t offer the chocolate to our customers.

Longevity – We are immensely proud of our historic routes and in this fast moving, ever changing world, we take pride in our tradition and heritage. Our rose and violet creams are the same ones that William sold on that first day of opening, back in 1927. We have survived and prospered over the last 90 years and with the launch of our Ambleside store and an online service, we fully intend to be around for the next 100 years.

After all life is too short, so why settle for ordinary chocolate?

sales@friars.co.uk

6-8 Main Street, ,

Tell us how Friars.co.uk made you happy
Excellent quality
Very easy to order. The delivery was on time. The chocolates were bought as a present and my sister thought they were delicious. Customer care spot on as I asked for a change to my order and it was dealt with very quickly. So thank you.
Loved the taste and the texture
beautifully boxed. quick delivery. excellent communication throughout process. all items are wonderful. highly recommended
Birthday present for my mother arrived on time she loved them will order again first class
I ordered the strawberry champagne chocolates for a present, they arrived super quick and tasted amazing. I can definitely recommend Friars to anyone.
My order was delivered on time and arrived in perfect condition. The contents are exactly as described, and delucious! After such a positive experience I will use this company again.
My query about sell by dates was answered impressively quick. The order was delivered well before the expected delivery date and the chocolates are delicious. An enviable great range of vegan chocolates with great flavours too, quite unlike high street sellers. Some good old favourites too. I was very impressed by the service overall and will definitely use again. Great selection of gift boxes too.
Can always find what I want, good selection, delicious chocolates and easy to use website.
Bought the assorted chocolates as a get well gift which was well received. A little bit of luxury for someone who needed a bit of a lift. Did the trick! Coffee selection was for us and are gorgeous. Beautifully boxed as well and delivered quickly, well packaged so both arrived safely. Will certainly be buying from you again. Thanks
I purchased some macarons as a gift. They were delivered quite quickly and were well packaged. The recipients said that they tasted delicious.
great service and the order came through so quickly aswell!!
Excellent service, quick delivery and excellent product!
Bought a selection of different chocolates for my Dad's birthday and he really enjoyed them! Reasonable price and nicely presented.
I buy these for a friend, as these are her favourite and only Friars make them. They were part of her birthday present.
Great service, super fast delivery. Amazing chocolates.
Unable to review chocolates as purchased as a birthday gift, the birthday has not arrived as yet! Service and delivery were excellent, certainly five stars for that.
The most delicious chocolates we have tasted!
Good quality and delivery. Use Friars for most special occasions.
Absolutely delightful and delicious. It was bought for our Great Grandma's bday. She loves marzipan. Gorgeous packaging too.
Friars.co.uk is rated 4.81 based on 9,554 reviews