Friars.co.uk Reviews

of reviewers recommend Friars.co.uk
Read Friars.co.uk Reviews

About Friars.co.uk:

It all started back in 1927 when William Long had the fabulous idea of opening a luxury chocolate shop in the picturesque town of Keswick, in the heart of the Lake District. He probably never dreamed it would still be in the same family nearly 100 years later.

In those early days the shop only opened during the summer months and it is believed William chose to winter in the Madeira sunshine. As you would expect the business has evolved in many ways since then, however certain principles remain since those early days.

Innovation – We were the first to make a prosecco truffle and then shortly after we followed with our fabulous gin truffle. More recently; although Easter eggs are synonymous with Easter, we decided to move away from the main stream and invented our famous hot cross bun truffle.

But all this only scratches the surface; we are also one of the first chocolate makers to start transitioning to 100% biodegrade packagingM as well as pioneering vegan milk and white chocolate...among other things.

Quality – Any new chocolate must meet certain requirements to get past our strict tasting panel. If one of the panel gives a score below 9/10 then we simply won’t offer the chocolate to our customers.

Longevity – We are immensely proud of our historic routes and in this fast moving, ever changing world, we take pride in our tradition and heritage. Our rose and violet creams are the same ones that William sold on that first day of opening, back in 1927. We have survived and prospered over the last 90 years and with the launch of our Ambleside store and an online service, we fully intend to be around for the next 100 years.

After all life is too short, so why settle for ordinary chocolate?

sales@friars.co.uk

6-8 Main Street, ,

Tell us how Friars.co.uk made you happy
Lovely product and excellent service and quality
Excellant service, delivery and of course chocolates. On this occasion they were a gift for a family member who was very happy to receive them.
The product was very well received by the person to whom it was sent. The ordering arrangements worked excellently. In future I plan to order direct from you rather than through another retailer.
This was my first order with Friars, the whole shopping experience from start to finish was excellent, I received regular email's following the process of the order through to delivery which is very reassuring, I wouldn't hesitate to use Friars again.
I was not disappointed with my selection of marvellous chocolates from Friars, what a treat!!
Fantastic chocolates. fantastic service - what more is there to say?
Excellent service kept up to date with progress. Super chocolates
Excellent service and very quick delivery . Cannot vault this firm at all.
My daughter had brought a bag of these back from the Lake District, after trying them just had to order more, they are absolutely delicious and so addictive. So pleased you have a web site. 😍
This is my second box of Floral Creams. Delicious Rose and Violet soft centres covered in thick dark good quality chocolate. I especially loved the Geranium flavour. Would like friars to do a box of that flavour. Excellent service. Thank you.
My order was delivered quickly and the chocolates are delicious. I especially enjoy the box of assorted mint chocs, I can't eat just one!
My go to chocolate makers. Especially for a special gift. Unbeatable service and quality!
Chocolate Brazils brought for a gift and are very nice
Delicious chocolates, beautifully crafted, quick delivery, lots of choice. Great service. Thank you.
Love your coffee cremes!!! Nothing comes near them for flavour. I keep them in the fridge for extra crunch! Good efficient service too - thank you.
Excellent quality product and service. Highly recommended.
Absolutely superb chocolates, also bought a box as a birthday present for a friend who is in total agreement - LUSH!
Good range of luxury vegan chocs for sale
Very nice chocolates. Very quick delivery.
Lovely packaging, super chocolates ,good wine. This present was MUCH appreciated by recipients. Will definitely use this firm again.
Friars.co.uk is rated 4.81 based on 9,318 reviews