Friars.co.uk Reviews

95% of reviewers recommend Friars.co.uk

About Friars.co.uk: Friars is a family business specialising in luxury chocolate and unique gifts. Since 1927 the business has evolved from a gift shop/cafe to a specialist chocolate and gift store.

Our online business was launched in 2010 and more recently we have opened a second ‘Ye Olde Friars’ high street store in Ambleside to support our flagship store in Keswick.

Our gifts are designed in house so you will not find them anywhere else. We want to make it easy for you to be original, so you can give gifts that taste and look amazing and will be remembered.

We love new products (perhaps because we get bored easily!), so every Valentines, Easter, Summer, Halloween and Christmas we launch a new range. It certainly keeps us entertained and hopefully our customers interested.

Tell us how Friars.co.uk made you happy

customer service
"I've long been a fan of chocolate rose creams but lost my source.To have discovered Friars and their superior chocolates made my dreams come alive. Having been in hospital for 4 months I was so looking forward to a treat and there it was - a box of Friar's delicious chocolate rose creams -"
"The gift box arrived a bit worn at the corners and the bow had loose ends which gave the present a cheap appearance. Also the chocolates arrived in plastic trays and not in their own box. Overall acceptable but not a good first impression!"
Hi,
Thank you for your feedback, I'm sorry the item did not arrive in perfect condition. The ribbon should have been pick up at our end before being dispatched we will pass your comments on to the packing team. We will also pass your comments regarding the plastic to our design team.
Kind Regards
Friars Customer Service
"These are a gift & not given yet but previously ordered at Christmas 2018 & they were fabulous so expect they will be too !"
"I order regularly from Friars. The order arrives within a few days, nicely packaged. Very good service."
"Quick phone call; courteous, helpful staff. Jelly Bellys ordered; arrived in short order. Job done (all with kindness). Thank you."
"I’m always on the look out for white chocolate presents for my husband and came across Friars. Their Eton Mess was absolutely amazing with a beautiful filling. The maple syrup and bacon wasn’t my favourite but as a quirky present, definitely was a win with the hubby. It tasted like salted chocolate to me."
"I love buying my Lint chocolates from Friars because the delivery is quick the chocolate is lush, the chocolate I like I can only find in a handful of shops. The friars are where I would go every time"
"Excellent service, wonderful chocolates - and a great vegan selection! A visit to the Keswick store is always a delight but online shopping is an added bonus for those in-between times!"
"For some reason, unknown to me, chocolate creams have gone right out of fashion over the years and of the few outlets that still stock them, Friars are comfortably the best"
"Excellent chocolates with speedy delivery ....what more can we ask for !"
"I've been using Friars for more than 40 years. Now l'm housebound l continue to use them online and their goods remain good quality. Well-packaged and delivery very quick. I had really good service by telephone previously when l had trouble with registration difficulties."
"Lovely chocolates to give as a gift but sweet rather than chocolatey!"
"Good product (tasty and attractive for kids) plus prompt delivery. The only drawback was that the colorful foil was peeling off some of the chocolates (10-15%?)."
"Every chocolate type I have tried from Friars has been unbelievably good. The chocolate is superb and the flavours deliciously true to their description. Delivery is swift and packaging adequate and minimal (as it should be)."
"Great products, very good service"
"I recently ordered 3 lots of chocolates and I thought they were terrible. I tried 1 of each and disliked them intensly. What a waste of money?"
I'm sorry that you were disappointed with the chocolates you received from us and they were not to your taste. We hope that our customers find our products enjoyable, although unfortunately they may not be to everyone's personal taste.
Kind Regards
Friars Customer Service
"Love the chilli chocolates x"
"Lovely meringues, thanks. Not cheap, mind you, so I would in all fairness expect them to taste a bit special!"
"Lovely items. I ordered some of the packs of six chocolates and they were delicious. My mother in law says Friars' jellies are the best jellies she's ever had and my son loves the building block chocolates. Delivery is always quick and well packed. Great place!"
"Haven’t tried the chocolate yet as they are all gifts. Customer service was good. My only criticism is when I got a email telling me it is despatched it would be helpful if it had a estimated date on it, then I would know when to expect it and make arrangements for the delivery if I’m not in. You ask the question below was the delivery on time I can’t answer that as I wasn’t given a expected delivery date."
Friars.co.uk is rated 4.79 based on 3,063 reviews

Create Free Account Now

Fill the details below & get instant access