Friars.co.uk Reviews

of reviewers recommend Friars.co.uk
Read Friars.co.uk Reviews

About Friars.co.uk:

It all started back in 1927 when William Long had the fabulous idea of opening a luxury chocolate shop in the picturesque town of Keswick, in the heart of the Lake District. He probably never dreamed it would still be in the same family nearly 100 years later.

In those early days the shop only opened during the summer months and it is believed William chose to winter in the Madeira sunshine. As you would expect the business has evolved in many ways since then, however certain principles remain since those early days.

Innovation – We were the first to make a prosecco truffle and then shortly after we followed with our fabulous gin truffle. More recently; although Easter eggs are synonymous with Easter, we decided to move away from the main stream and invented our famous hot cross bun truffle.

But all this only scratches the surface; we are also one of the first chocolate makers to start transitioning to 100% biodegrade packaging, among other things.

Quality – Any new chocolate must meet certain requirements to get past our strict tasting panel. If one of the panel gives a score below 9/10 then we simply won’t offer the chocolate to our customers.

Longevity – We are immensely proud of our historic routes and in this fast moving, ever changing world, we take pride in our tradition and heritage. Our rose and violet creams are the same ones that William sold on that first day of opening, back in 1927. We have survived and prospered over the last 90 years and with the launch of our Ambleside store and an online service, we fully intend to be around for the next 100 years.

After all life is too short, so why settle for ordinary chocolate?

Tell us how Friars.co.uk made you happy
Ordered a box of 9 macaroons to go with a friends birthday gift. Paid for next day delivery as I wanted them for the Tuesday and ordered after the cut off time of 15.30. They were delivered on sat morning! Well impressed. I can’t vouch for the taste but my friend - who is very particular - said they were delicious and had all gone by the Monday! Excellent service! Would recommend. May get some myself next time!
As described, packed well for safe divery and fast delivery. No comment on taste as they are for Christmas.
Only place in UK to find the absolute best Mon Cheri chocolates.
Yum, yum, yummy yum yum. With sophistication.
Your chocolate is Devine and unique. I bought 3 Christmas presents and received a free sample of 6 chocolates 🍫 they arrived sooner than expected & well packaged. I will be definitely placing another order.
Have bought from Friars before, good service, fabulous chocolate. My daughter loves the vegan Turkish delight.
Brilliant five star service
Bought as a gift so have not tried it myself but it arrived quickly and is beautifully packaged.
The rating l have given is based purely on the service l was given, the delivery time was great. The goods that l purchased are a Christmas stocking filler for my grandson, but if they taste only half as good as the service they will be excellent.
We always visit Friars when in the Lakes and your Home Delivery was just as good.
Amazing service and fantastic products. Ordered, shipped and arrived here in 2 days. Will definitely order again
Such fast delivery - so well packed.
Lovely products - nicer than they looked on the website.
Delighted with everything ✌🏼
Easy to order, quick delivery. Perfect thank you.
Really pleased with the ginger & dark chocolates-they were for a gift & I was worried they might not be delivered in time, but they arrived super-quick!
So pleased with my order, will definitely order again.
Absolutely brilliant range of gifts to choose from
Ordering so easy and quick delivery

Recipients will no doubt love their novelty chocolate gifts
Really fast service and the chocolates look delicious...shame they weren’t for me.
Prompt delivery and goods arrived well packed and in excellent condition. As they are a gift, I cannot comment on taste quality!
Well packaged. Look yummy .Two of my favourite ingredients. Present for my Husband..
Excellent product, good price and arrived promptly.
Friars.co.uk is rated 4.80 based on 6,457 reviews