Friars.co.uk Reviews

of reviewers recommend Friars.co.uk
Read Friars.co.uk Reviews

About Friars.co.uk:

It all started back in 1927 when William Long had the fabulous idea of opening a luxury chocolate shop in the picturesque town of Keswick, in the heart of the Lake District. He probably never dreamed it would still be in the same family nearly 100 years later.

In those early days the shop only opened during the summer months and it is believed William chose to winter in the Madeira sunshine. As you would expect the business has evolved in many ways since then, however certain principles remain since those early days.

Innovation – We were the first to make a prosecco truffle and then shortly after we followed with our fabulous gin truffle. More recently; although Easter eggs are synonymous with Easter, we decided to move away from the main stream and invented our famous hot cross bun truffle.

But all this only scratches the surface; we are also one of the first chocolate makers to start transitioning to 100% biodegrade packagingM as well as pioneering vegan milk and white chocolate...among other things.

Quality – Any new chocolate must meet certain requirements to get past our strict tasting panel. If one of the panel gives a score below 9/10 then we simply won’t offer the chocolate to our customers.

Longevity – We are immensely proud of our historic routes and in this fast moving, ever changing world, we take pride in our tradition and heritage. Our rose and violet creams are the same ones that William sold on that first day of opening, back in 1927. We have survived and prospered over the last 90 years and with the launch of our Ambleside store and an online service, we fully intend to be around for the next 100 years.

After all life is too short, so why settle for ordinary chocolate?

sales@friars.co.uk

6-8 Main Street, ,

Tell us how Friars.co.uk made you happy
I was very pleased with the chocolates that I received and with the delivery. I would buy them again and would recommend the company.
Chocolates ant Prosecco. A lovely present for our vegan friend.
Very reliable and the gifts I have sent have been enjoyed!
Delicious!! Absolutely scrumptious.
Excellent chocolates as usual, following a very competent and swift delivery. T,Batcheer
Excellent products and first class service
Great prompt service
Gift arrived as stated quality of goods excellent
I bought chocolates and treats from here when visiting the lake district, it was that good i ordered more for gifts when i got home, really great chocolate, delivery was prompt too.
The vegan chocolates taste great. Cannot tell the difference from normal chocolate. Never disappointed with Friar's
just love ALL your fab chocolates - you are now my favourite - it is often very hard to choose which one of your wonderful range to order next.
I bought the chocolates for my wife on our ruby anniversary, she is genuinely delighted with them and hence with me!
Ice cream chocolates - flavours exactly as described! Highly recommended
I have been eating your chocolates for about 20 years now and the qualit y has always been consistent and delicious. Only problem is to much choice.
Excellant service and well packaged.
Friars are always extremely good and their staff are very friendly and helpful. I have bought chocolates from them for a number of years and have always been happy with them. I would recommend them to everyone.
Attractive packaging prompt delivery
Absolutely delicious milk chocolate liqueur cherries. My family and I love these chocolates. Friars are most certainly the best we have ever had
Excellent product, excellent service
The caramels were purchased as a birthday present for my sister. It took a while to track down a company that offered hard caramel toffees. Wow what can I say my sister absolutely loved them and has restricted herself to make them last The best comment from her was they are just as good as the chocolate shop that I used to make a special visit to every year for Christmas and they were a small family run homemade shop in Surrey. So I totally recommend the caramels. We will be back.
Friars.co.uk is rated 4.81 based on 9,554 reviews