Friars.co.uk Reviews

of reviewers recommend Friars.co.uk
Read Friars.co.uk Reviews

About Friars.co.uk:

Friars is a family business specialising in luxury chocolate and unique gifts. Since 1927 the business has evolved from a gift shop/cafe to a specialist chocolate and gift store.

Our online business was launched in 2010 and more recently we have opened a second ‘Ye Olde Friars’ high street store in Ambleside to support our flagship store in Keswick.

Our gifts are designed in house so you will not find them anywhere else. We want to make it easy for you to be original, so you can give gifts that taste and look amazing and will be remembered.

We love new products (perhaps because we get bored easily!), so every Valentines, Easter, Summer, Halloween and Christmas we launch a new range. It certainly keeps us entertained and hopefully our customers interested.

Tell us how Friars.co.uk made you happy
Would you like to add photos or videos?
The toffee was not black and didn't taste of anything. The sugar had not melted and there was a tiny lump of toffee in the middle. Not at all like toffee more like a very soft gooey mess. Sorry to criticise but I was looking forward to proper treacle toffee.
Hi Wendy,
We're sorry that you were disappointed with the treacle toffee you ordered from us. We always like to know if there is a problem with our products and we will replace them for you if you wish. We will pass on your comments to our supplier and make them aware of the issue you have encountered.
Friars Customer Service
I haven't received order yet ? I can't comment at this time
Hi Sandra, I have tracked your order and it according to the Royal Mail website the order was delivered on the 16th October. It may possibly have been left with a neighbour. Please contact us directly if you need any further assistance. Kind Regards, Friars Customer Service.
Delivered on time was quite surprised at the discrepancy in the weights. I bought one purchase of 250g and o e off 500 and they were not cheap but you pay for what you get and I wanted American gourmet jelly beans. The bag with 250g!!! Only weighed 224g and my 500g bag only weighed 420g not good practice. So won't be going back. You should get what you pay and get charged for.
Hi Charlotte,
I'm sorry that you did not receive the correct weight of jelly beans. I will pass this information on to our packing department and ensure that this doesn't happen again.
We would always prefer to know if there is an issue with any order and will of course send you a replacement containing the correct weight.
Please accept our apologies for the disappointment and inconvenience you have been caused by this issue.

Friars Customer Service
Immediately started on Jar of Buttered Brazils.
All items were stuck together. Needed strong knife to try to separate them
and to remove from Jar. Gets ever more difficult as get lower into the Jar.
Tasty, although brazils a little soft.
Jar of Chocolate covered brittle very moreish, except not that brittle, and some pieces
did stick to others.
Would probably purchase more of both, if individually wrapped.
Also purchased Derwent Toffee and Black Treacle Toffee, which I have yet to try.
Need to purchase a Hammer.
Hi William,
I'm sorry that you were disappointed with the products you purchased from us. Given the nature of the buttered brazils, they can stick together from time to time but we understand how disappointing this can be. The peanut brittle can also stick together but should still be firm to the bite. We would always prefer to know if there is an issue with any order and would of course replace any items that you are unhappy with.

Friars Customer Service
Was not happy with this item as the description was incorrect. The description clearly said sweet added and there were no sweets in the box
Hi Samantha,

I am sorry if you thought the description of the item was mis-leading. We do not say in the description that jelly beans are included only that the product holds 650g of jelly beans to give an indication to customers the quantity of jelly beans they would need to buy in order to fill the dispenser. We will amend the description to specifically say that there are no jelly beans included in the box.

Friars Customer Service.
The sweets in my opinion were not their usual standard I have purchased them before from you and was delighted but this time am not happy I am having to return them to you witan attached letter explaining why and having to pay postage. Hope you can rectify this order for me.

Yours sincerely

Sylvia Goodman
Hi Sylvia,

I am sorry that you were not happy with the quality of the fondant creams. Thank you for returning them to us, we will look into this as soon as we receive the return and will of course reimburse you for the postage costs incurred, as well as refunding you for the order.

Friars Customer Service.
While my kids were delighted with their chocolate games controllers it was saddened by the fact that one of them was broken as only one was wrapped in bubble wrap the other had been placed on top of it am sure if both had been wrapped better this wld not have occurred although kids were still happy to get them
Hello,

I am sorry that one of the games controllers was damaged on arrival, both of them should have been wrapped in bubble wrap and I apologise that this wasn't the case. The person who packed your order will be made aware of the issue to try and avoid this happening again in the future. We have contacted you via email to offer a replacement or refund, if you could please let us know how you would like to proceed.

Friars Customer Service.
We have always bought a supply of your excellent chocolates every time we come to the Lake District. I ordered four boxes of chocolates in Early February ( allowing reasonable time) to send to family members for Easter. When received the Marzipan selection and the Rose and Violet creams were both best before end April 2017 i.e. less than 3 months self life and not suitable to give for Easter. I am left with an impression that internet purchasers are given the short life stock - not good enough for a firm of your reputation.
Jonathan Birch
Dear Jonathan,

I am sorry that the dates on the 2 boxes of chocolates were end of April and therefore not suitable for Easter gifts. The dates on our chocolate boxes are usually much longer than this with at least 5 months, unless chocolates which have fresh cream in them are included in the selection, then it is only 3 months. The chocolates you received should have had longer dates and I apologise that the person who packed your order did not check them properly. We would always prefer to know if there is an issue with any order and would of course replace any short dated chocolates.

Friars.co.uk is rated 4.80 based on 4,878 reviews