Friars.co.uk Reviews

of reviewers recommend Friars.co.uk
Read Friars.co.uk Reviews

About Friars.co.uk:

It all started back in 1927 when William Long had the fabulous idea of opening a luxury chocolate shop in the picturesque town of Keswick, in the heart of the Lake District. He probably never dreamed it would still be in the same family nearly 100 years later.

In those early days the shop only opened during the summer months and it is believed William chose to winter in the Madeira sunshine. As you would expect the business has evolved in many ways since then, however certain principles remain since those early days.

Innovation – We were the first to make a prosecco truffle and then shortly after we followed with our fabulous gin truffle. More recently; although Easter eggs are synonymous with Easter, we decided to move away from the main stream and invented our famous hot cross bun truffle.

But all this only scratches the surface; we are also one of the first chocolate makers to start transitioning to 100% biodegrade packagingM as well as pioneering vegan milk and white chocolate...among other things.

Quality – Any new chocolate must meet certain requirements to get past our strict tasting panel. If one of the panel gives a score below 9/10 then we simply won’t offer the chocolate to our customers.

Longevity – We are immensely proud of our historic routes and in this fast moving, ever changing world, we take pride in our tradition and heritage. Our rose and violet creams are the same ones that William sold on that first day of opening, back in 1927. We have survived and prospered over the last 90 years and with the launch of our Ambleside store and an online service, we fully intend to be around for the next 100 years.

After all life is too short, so why settle for ordinary chocolate?

sales@friars.co.uk

6-8 Main Street, ,

Tell us how Friars.co.uk made you happy
First time buying from friars. Purchased 4 items as gifts. One arrived damaged and was replaced but missed the birthday I’d planned it for. Can’t say I’m that impressed with flavours. I’d rather hotel chocolate , won’t be using again I’m afraid as expensive and disappointing
Hello Jayne, thank you for your review. We are sorry that you were disappointed with the chocolates you received from us and that one of the products was received damaged. We are pleased that this was able to be sorted for you but apologise that this did miss a birthday. We hope that our customers find our products enjoyable, although unfortunately they may not be to everyone's personal taste. Kind Regards Friars Customer Service
Very unusual flavours. I specially like dark chicks. Bit expensive but ration myself to 1 after dinner which stops me being glutton. Look forward to it all day
The first time I've ordered and will be ordering. They are now on my list of 'posh' chocolates for special occasions
Friars, Independent family business provider of excellent quality and service to back up the product. I have used them for a present before so had no hesitation in returning to them. If you are looking for quality and value then look no further than Friars.
Was very pleased with the service - the buying was very simple (got horror stories about trying to purchase sometimes) the parcel arrived on time and the price wasn’t too bad.
Some of the best vegan chocolates I’ve ever tasted. Loved the peanut butter ones . Thank you!
Quick delivery exellant chocolate .
I absolutely love Friars chocolates. I’m a regular customer (as my credit card confirms!!!), but suggested to a very pleasant young man - extension 3- ( everyone is young at my age) that age related chocolate gifts - ie. with packaging in shape of birthday years - would be wonderful. Please think about it!!!
I ordered a lovely vegan selection box of chocolates. They were all delicious and very good quality. If you're on the fence about ordering, I'd say go for it! This is the second or third time I've ordered from here and the service has been great! quick delivery and a great product.
Excellent service from the second the phone was answered, follow email re delivery details. 100% Thenk you
Excellent. Really good chocolates.
Great chocolates- very tasty. You would never think they were vegan!
Arrived very well packed and in great condition. Bought as gifts so hopefully they will taste good too!
A surprise gift for my daughter. Appreciated too . An excellent choice.
Lovely Chocolate. Been to the shop before so knew it was a quality product. First time ordered off internet for a birthday present. Brilliant service. Highly recommend
This was for my sister in laws birthday and was just perfect for her
Excellent service and wonderful chocolates
Fantastic Chocolates as Always
Amazing vegan chocolates! Quick delivery and great service.
Delicious