Friars.co.uk Reviews

of reviewers recommend Friars.co.uk
customer service
Read Friars.co.uk Reviews

About Friars.co.uk:

Friars is a family business specialising in luxury chocolate and unique gifts. Since 1927 the business has evolved from a gift shop/cafe to a specialist chocolate and gift store.

Our online business was launched in 2010 and more recently we have opened a second ‘Ye Olde Friars’ high street store in Ambleside to support our flagship store in Keswick.

Our gifts are designed in house so you will not find them anywhere else. We want to make it easy for you to be original, so you can give gifts that taste and look amazing and will be remembered.

We love new products (perhaps because we get bored easily!), so every Valentines, Easter, Summer, Halloween and Christmas we launch a new range. It certainly keeps us entertained and hopefully our customers interested.

Tell us how Friars.co.uk made you happy
Great service. Good communication when I contacted them with some questions about my order, and quick dispatch. Was also given the tracking details and was kept informed about where my order was so I knew exactly when it was due to de delivered. Products arrived well packaged with good expiry dates. I was disappointed with the taste of the strawberry Champagne truffles (I thought they'd taste nicer than they actually did) but I loved the white Champagne truffles and the creme brulee chocolates, which both were exceptionally good quality.
Excellent service.... gorgeous chocolate
I ordered these chocolates in time for Christmas, and they arrived in good time.Well packed and most of all delicious they did not last very long. Cheers Robert.
Bought these for my Daughter who always liked the Thornton’s version until becoming vegan and she said they are as good as their’s.
Brilliant service. Bought a variety of chocolates. The dark chocolate Brazils were huge. Nearly had kirsch down my front from the cherry liqueurs which are second to none. Coffee creams-yum. You won’t want to buy any other make when you’ve tried Friars.
Wonderful chocolates and fudge, fast delivery, would definitely order again.
Expensive and not noticeably better than M an S equivalent.
Hi,
Thank you for your feedback, the Asbach Brandy Liquers are a premium brand and the price reflects. We do our best to keep all our prices competitive.
Kind Regards
Friars
Great prices and fast delivery! Would recommend
Excellent customer service and great items too. Will definitely be back!!
Although delivery was said to be 1-3 days in the week before Christmas chocolates just as requested arrived the next day and I was informed by email at every stage. Coted’or bouchées so delicious!
Excellent service. Delicious sweets.
I bought some small red candles for a Christmas pyramid and was very happy with the price and the speedy delivery. I ordered 2 packs of 12 as the cost of delivery at £3.99 was quite steep for one set but I felt the overall cost was good value. These candles can be quite hard to find outside Germany. Note they are about half-an-inch in diameter and about 4 inches high.
I feel conned I bought these chocolates for my mother in law for Christmas as they are her favourite I received 6 chocolate caramels costing 3.95 I didn't see the cost of delivery which was another 3.95 so very very annoyed that I paid 8 quid for 6 sweets it will never happen again
Hi,
Thank you for your feedback and sorry you felt disappointed, however, this is one of our taster packs and we do state the number of chocolates within the product description on our website. We also have a set cost for delivery which we try to keep competitive.
Kind Regards
Friars
Excellent no nonsense service with fast delivery
Quick delivery bought as presents the chocolate games consoles and liqueurs, well packaged and family thought looked great
Brilliant, quick delivery and no problems, considering the time of year took 4 days from order to delivery amazing.
Excellent and efficient service. Chocolates arrived promptly packed in a small neat fitting cardboard box.
Excellent service and the chocolates we’re absolutely delicious 😋
everything about your company and products is excellent
Always wanted truffles since being vegan. Yours are amazing. Thank you. Xx