Friars.co.uk Reviews

of reviewers recommend Friars.co.uk
Read Friars.co.uk Reviews

About Friars.co.uk:

Friars is a family business specialising in luxury chocolate and unique gifts. Since 1927 the business has evolved from a gift shop/cafe to a specialist chocolate and gift store.

Our online business was launched in 2010 and more recently we have opened a second ‘Ye Olde Friars’ high street store in Ambleside to support our flagship store in Keswick.

Our gifts are designed in house so you will not find them anywhere else. We want to make it easy for you to be original, so you can give gifts that taste and look amazing and will be remembered.

We love new products (perhaps because we get bored easily!), so every Valentines, Easter, Summer, Halloween and Christmas we launch a new range. It certainly keeps us entertained and hopefully our customers interested.

Tell us how Friars.co.uk made you happy
These chocolates arrived in time and were liked by the recipient of my gift. I would use them again to send a present to a loved one.
Very prompt delivery (48 hours). I chose 3 taster packs (Mint choc, salted caramel and choc orange) and they were all excellent, I’d certainly consider ordering again. Very pleased to see that the packaging was either recyclable or biodegradable - really impressed.
I looked at various wine sites to find what seems to me the obvious choice for a gift of dark chocolates and drink: red wine. Friars had it, shipped it and made the recipient happy. What more can a "thank you" gift giver want?
Easy to use website, very fast delivery and securely packaged item. Cherry liqueurs bought as a gift - was allowed to sample and they are absolutely delicious.
I have ordered these chocolates a couple of times - they arrive beautifully packed and are so delicious - lots of variety. I would definitely recommend this company for excellent service.
Present for friends and they said it was SO lovely!
Excellent quality product delivered promptly however happy birthday message I included never arrived which is my only negative outcome
Great service, well packaged and arrived on time and more importantly, the chocolates were super tasty.
I recently revceived Milk Chocolate cherry liquers and they are the best ever really full of liquer better than Godiva ones. Because of the heat the first ones melted but with no quibble Friars sent me another box. Would definitely recommend this family firm
I ordered a vegan chocolate selection for my dad for Fathers Day as hes lactose intolerant and he absolutely loved them. Amazing value for money and a smooth and easy ordering process.
I brought my husband the milk chocolate brazils, he said it's the best ones hes ever tasted.
PLEASE NOTE: I marked the item as damaged but the replacement was in perfect condition. Here is the story:
Due to an unfortunate circumstance of a very hot day coupled with a new recruit at royal mail the first delivery of my order resembled a certain brand of spreadable chocolate. I was overjoyed at the customer service response to my contact with friars though. The response was fast, appropriate and showed that this company has a real desire to deliver their product in the best way possible. This is worthy of the 5 star review on it's own, but then the replacement chocolates were tasted. Let me set the scene:

I ordered just 6 chocolates in what I think was the friars tasters range. My plan was for them to be orbiting a pearl necklace in the jewellery box that I present to my wife on our anniversary. They were perfectly suited to this (the none-melted replacements at least). The day comes and she loves the attention to detail and the extra something special. The fruits of our happy marriage so far is 4 children, so of course 6 chocolates wont last long, so I get my wife to taste the first one and she reports that they are delicious. Each child takes a chocolate to share in our special day and then I get to step in and be the hero; offering the chocolate ostensibly left for me, to my wife.

So thanks to Friars, I have been spared the compromise of having to create something out of melted chocolate, the gift-giving turned into a family event, and the chocolate adornment was more than just a filler to the main event.
They delivered when they said they would and product very good, can't really say anymore.
Have visited the shop many times when in Keswick, so was delighted to see I could get some chocolates for my daughters birthday cake. Excellent
Great service, the chocolates were a treat for my daughter and she received them very quickly after I ordered them, and said they were delicious! Thank you .
I ordered online. It was a very quick delivery and the chocolates were lovely. Will definitely use again
Everything was immaculate: we love the Old Friars shop and can't wait to visit in person once again. Meanwhile, we appreciate the connection we can make with Keswick's economy by shopping online.
Really smooth filling exceptional chocolates for any special occasion, thoroughly enjoyed and would recommend
First time I have shopped online with 'Friars' - was looking for some delicious chocolates with a traditional look & flavours for a birthday present. Absolutely delivered on all fronts - beautifully presented & divine flavours - just how proper chocolates should be and look! Will definitely be ordering more in the future. Online site easy to use and the chocolates arrived well on time. Would recommend !
Excellent products and excellent service.
Please continue for many years to come!
Brilliant!!!