Friars.co.uk Reviews

95% of reviewers recommend Friars.co.uk

About Friars.co.uk: Friars is a family business specialising in luxury chocolate and unique gifts. Since 1927 the business has evolved from a gift shop/cafe to a specialist chocolate and gift store.

Our online business was launched in 2010 and more recently we have opened a second ‘Ye Olde Friars’ high street store in Ambleside to support our flagship store in Keswick.

Our gifts are designed in house so you will not find them anywhere else. We want to make it easy for you to be original, so you can give gifts that taste and look amazing and will be remembered.

We love new products (perhaps because we get bored easily!), so every Valentines, Easter, Summer, Halloween and Christmas we launch a new range. It certainly keeps us entertained and hopefully our customers interested.

Tell us how Friars.co.uk made you happy

customer service
"I bought a jar of chocolate brazils as a present for a friend with coeliac disease. The verdict: "I'm not sharing these with anyone.""
"Ordered these as a surprise fir my husband as he is always looking for fondant creams. They were waiting on our return from holiday and he was delighted. I have to hide them as he would eat them all in one sitting!"
"Ordered at 2:30pm Friday, delivered before lunch Saturday with weekend delivery. Excellent service!"
"Faultless. Ordered a 60th birthday gift at 2.30pm, arrives the next morning in a remote part of Cornwall. The recipient, an aficionado of Pontefract cakes, was delighted. Keep up the good work."
"Quality chocolates as always, cherry liqueurs for husband and signature for my dad delivered on time and well packaged. Taste delicious. Nice to give something a bit special and different for fathers day."
"These items were a fathers day gift so I only saw them online. They arrived on time for the occasion and I know from previous purchases that the quality will have been excellent."
"I ordered some chocolates as a gift for a family member. They were delivered on time which was great and as far as I know, have been eaten and enjoyed."
"My father was very happy with his Fathers Day Ginger Chocolates ... very gingery just how he likes them ! Delivery service was excellent , order dispatched the same day as transaction ."
"Lovely treat of a gift! Arrived early and very much appreciated by the recipient."
"The whole cherry truffels are very nice and the marzipan croquant (3 layers) is beautiful. I am not too keen on one of the truffels and the chocolate in itself coating the items. I am afraid, I am a Swiss buff when it comes to chocolate. Verdict: overall quite nice. Not opened the Captain Morgan chocolate bar as yet."
"Great service lovely unique packaging and delicious chocolates"
"Speedy. Service and great tasting chocolate"
"great service fast delivery"
"I ordered Sugared Almonds as they are hard to come by in sweet shops today. They taste just as good as they did when I was a very young girl. Infact they are so nice I've ordered more to share out with my old time friends. I've just ordered my 3rd lot today, they are so more-rish. Nicely packaged, arrived real quick. Cannot fault the company at all. I've also ordered 3 other kinds of sweets from this company as I'm well impressed with them. Well done top marks."
"Very pleased with what we received, the dark chocolate asbach liqueurs were so moreish I've actually just ordered more, there is so many different chocolates to choose from I will definitely be returning to sample more."
"nice little gift, excellent service"
"Would give very good, however on of the bars was very dry of liquid, so like eating a sugar cube. The other bar was perfect. So must have had a bad batch. Andy"
"Beautifully presented. Taste just as good as they look"
"Great item, very fast service"
"Arrived quickly and well packaged as usual. Thanks"
Friars.co.uk is rated 4.79 based on 3,063 reviews

Create Free Account Now

Fill the details below & get instant access