Friars.co.uk Reviews

of reviewers recommend Friars.co.uk
Read Friars.co.uk Reviews

About Friars.co.uk:

Friars is a family business specialising in luxury chocolate and unique gifts. Since 1927 the business has evolved from a gift shop/cafe to a specialist chocolate and gift store.

Our online business was launched in 2010 and more recently we have opened a second ‘Ye Olde Friars’ high street store in Ambleside to support our flagship store in Keswick.

Our gifts are designed in house so you will not find them anywhere else. We want to make it easy for you to be original, so you can give gifts that taste and look amazing and will be remembered.

We love new products (perhaps because we get bored easily!), so every Valentines, Easter, Summer, Halloween and Christmas we launch a new range. It certainly keeps us entertained and hopefully our customers interested.

Tell us how Friars.co.uk made you happy
Excellent transaction, and the gift arrived on time. Can't fault it.
Great chocolate. Great company.
Beautiful chocolates delivery super quick recipient was absolutely delighted
Easy to order
Lovely products
Delivery on time
Ordered vegan chocolates for my daughter in lockdown in a different town. It was a surprise gift arrived quickly and perfect. She was absolutely delighted. Thank you
Absolutely delicious!
I first tried ordering from your website. This was not possible because your screen did not match the size of my screen and I couldn't see action buttons at the bottom. I then rang the shop and found the staff very helpful. They took my orders and the recipients of the products seem very pleased. I have yet to try ordering some of your home made chocolates for myself.
Great service
Quick delivery and lovely quality products.
Friars ginger choclates are the best and tastiest since the invention of sliced bread. Thank you
I don't usually write reviews.
But I used Friars because my usual 'go to' supplier, a well known hotel from whom I'd only recently received a sleek looking Father's Day gift which to be honest, was a little 'samey' (is that a word?) couldn't get me the next day delivery I needed for my sister's birthday.
Well... she got them the next morning and here's the thing (I knew she would like the boozy selection), she said they were the best chocolates she had ever tasted. High praise indeed.
Friars... you have a new loyal customer (who eats a lot of chocolate). Cheers.
Shaun Charity, North Wales.
Online ordering easy. Delivery as promised. Delicious chocolates. What's not to like...?
Bought as a birthday gift for my sister.she said they were genuinely the best chocolates she had ever tasted. Not the cheapest at roughly pound a chocolate but possibly the best. She was delighted
Ordered turkish delight and chocolate gardening set. Came well packed.
Good quality chocolate.
I bought the Boozy Chocolates for my Dad for his birthday. He says that while they are good chocolates generally, they could hardly be described as boozy. He says you wouldn't know there was alcohol in them, and solved it by pouring a glass of whisky to drink at the same time!
Hello, thank you for your review. We are sorry that your father was disappointed with the chocolates he received from us. We hope that our customers find our products enjoyable, although unfortunately they may not be to everyone's personal taste. Kind Regards Friars Customer Service
The chocolates were bought as a gift. The recipient was delighted and enjoyed them.
Beautiful chocolates. Bought some as a treat for my husband. He ate the lot almost. I persuaded him to give me some! And only got 2 off him. A big thumbs up from us! Delicious.
The coffee chocs were sent as a present- my daughter was delighted 😁
Overpriced - I had expected two layers- there was only one
Hello Gail, thank you for your review and we are sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the box of chocolates. We do state the weight and dimensions of the product on the listing to give customers an idea of the size but again we are sorry you were disappointed. Kind regards Friars Customer Services
I ordered from New Zealand as a gift for a UK relative, and it was perfect!
Friars.co.uk is rated 4.80 based on 5,396 reviews