Friars.co.uk Reviews

of reviewers recommend Friars.co.uk
Read Friars.co.uk Reviews

About Friars.co.uk:

It all started back in 1927 when William Long had the fabulous idea of opening a luxury chocolate shop in the picturesque town of Keswick, in the heart of the Lake District. He probably never dreamed it would still be in the same family nearly 100 years later.

In those early days the shop only opened during the summer months and it is believed William chose to winter in the Madeira sunshine. As you would expect the business has evolved in many ways since then, however certain principles remain since those early days.

Innovation – We were the first to make a prosecco truffle and then shortly after we followed with our fabulous gin truffle. More recently; although Easter eggs are synonymous with Easter, we decided to move away from the main stream and invented our famous hot cross bun truffle.

But all this only scratches the surface; we are also one of the first chocolate makers to start transitioning to 100% biodegrade packaging, among other things.

Quality – Any new chocolate must meet certain requirements to get past our strict tasting panel. If one of the panel gives a score below 9/10 then we simply won’t offer the chocolate to our customers.

Longevity – We are immensely proud of our historic routes and in this fast moving, ever changing world, we take pride in our tradition and heritage. Our rose and violet creams are the same ones that William sold on that first day of opening, back in 1927. We have survived and prospered over the last 90 years and with the launch of our Ambleside store and an online service, we fully intend to be around for the next 100 years.

After all life is too short, so why settle for ordinary chocolate?

Tell us how Friars.co.uk made you happy
Friars.co.uk 5 star review on 20th February 2021
Linda OBrien
Friars.co.uk 5 star review on 30th December 2020
margaret Campbell
Friars.co.uk 5 star review on 29th December 2020
Beautifully made, delicious chocolate. Such lovely original gifts. Fantastic packaging so all the items arrived in pristine condition and with the little gift cards. Fantastic too to be able to support a Cumbrian firm.
Delicious chocolates with wonderful flavours + great service.
Ordered these for a friends birthday, excellent service and she absolutely loved the chocolates.
Easy to order. Delivered on time. I ordered assorted chocate brazil nuts for my uncle's birthday. He said they were delicious!
Delivery service excellent. Our purchased as gift and arrived well in time. Product delicious nearly all eaten!
I was recently introduced to friars from a friend who bought me cherry liqueurs , my favourite chocolate . They were the nicest I had ever tasted , absolutely delicious . This led me to order some more and try some of there other chocolates which were amazing . Thankyou ,
\Your advert says items 'in stock' but they aren't in stock but unavailable.
this chocolate tastes great and is a good price
Delicious liqueur chocolates. Very prompt delivery.
The white chocolate selection box could not have been a better present for my wife! They are some of the most delicious and sumptuous chocolates that I have ever tasted. Also, thank you Friars for such a superb service - they arrived in double quick time. Brilliant!
absolutely fantastic, we tried to make them last at least two weekends but failed miserably!!
Excellent service and even better chocolates. Will definitely buy more in the future.
Nice tasty chocolates,especialy the coffee
Beautiful , rich chocolates. Delicious- perfect for a gift or a self indulgent treat for yourself
Very quick delivery and the chocolates were awesome
Order delivered as promised. Recipient delighted with chocolates.
I always pop in Friars when I’m in Keswick and have missed the opportunity recently. I needed a couple of gifts and they came up trumps. Quick delivery and lovely sweets.
I bought these chocolates as a gift for my friend. She absolutely loved them, so I gave her your website so she can order too. She said these were the nicest chocolate caramels she has ever tasted.
I bought Chocolate Brazils as a present. They were received quickly by the recipient and they were over the moon. Excellent quality
The chocolates were delivered very promptly and were well packaged. We were given some as a Christmas present and they were so nice that i ordered some as a Valentine gift and also birthday present for our daughter. Highly recommend
Friars.co.uk is rated 4.80 based on 7,911 reviews