Friars.co.uk Reviews

of reviewers recommend Friars.co.uk
Read Friars.co.uk Reviews

About Friars.co.uk:

It all started back in 1927 when William Long had the fabulous idea of opening a luxury chocolate shop in the picturesque town of Keswick, in the heart of the Lake District. He probably never dreamed it would still be in the same family nearly 100 years later.

In those early days the shop only opened during the summer months and it is believed William chose to winter in the Madeira sunshine. As you would expect the business has evolved in many ways since then, however certain principles remain since those early days.

Innovation – We were the first to make a prosecco truffle and then shortly after we followed with our fabulous gin truffle. More recently; although Easter eggs are synonymous with Easter, we decided to move away from the main stream and invented our famous hot cross bun truffle.

But all this only scratches the surface; we are also one of the first chocolate makers to start transitioning to 100% biodegrade packagingM as well as pioneering vegan milk and white chocolate...among other things.

Quality – Any new chocolate must meet certain requirements to get past our strict tasting panel. If one of the panel gives a score below 9/10 then we simply won’t offer the chocolate to our customers.

Longevity – We are immensely proud of our historic routes and in this fast moving, ever changing world, we take pride in our tradition and heritage. Our rose and violet creams are the same ones that William sold on that first day of opening, back in 1927. We have survived and prospered over the last 90 years and with the launch of our Ambleside store and an online service, we fully intend to be around for the next 100 years.

After all life is too short, so why settle for ordinary chocolate?

sales@friars.co.uk

6-8 Main Street, ,

Tell us how Friars.co.uk made you happy
Amazing chocolates and quick delivery. Excellent
Opened all the chocs. Except the ice cream box, they are for Christmas. The others are really lush my family tell me. Very impressed. Thanks.
Excellent service. I ordered the items I wanted and got them delivered when they said they would be. I would recommend them to anyone who wants superior chocolates for Christmas.
Super chocs and service -
Fabulous chocolates. Haven't eaten these ones yet as bought for Christmas. However I bought them last year and they were fantastic. Too lovely to buy all year if you are watching your weight! Excellent service and fast delivery. Thank you Friars.
I bought their products as gifts, I found the service satisfactory, the delivery prompt and the recipients enjoyed their chocolates. What more can one say?
Quick delivery, excellent product and very tasty! Friars is number one for a reason
Ordered some chocolate I had trouble getting elsewhere & these where delivered quickly in time for a birthday gift
I love boozy chocolates, and this was the best I've ever tried, I will definitely order again!Special awesome treat! Thank you!
Dark chocolate gingers - yum! Very gingery, which many other brands are not.
Absolutely delighted! This was for a birthday present and our friend was thrilled that we had found his favourite chocolates. Thank you Friars.
Great service. Chocs are a lovely gift for a birthday etc. Lovely to continue to support Keswick shops.
Excellent chocolate, excellent service, just order something, you'll see what I mean
Amazing chocolates - pricey but well worth the treat
Absolutely delicious! I would definitely recommend. I will be ordering again!
Excellent quality dark chocolate liqueur crate, arrived promptly & intact. I have been using Friars frequently when I want high quality chocolates as gifts & I have never been disappointed
Great choice of gifts at reasonable prices. Very quick delivery and the recipients of the gifts I have sent so far have been delighted and tell me they are delicious!! I sent the selection Box of nougat and the salted caramel chocolate box. I will use Friars again as it’s a great convenient way to post a wee gift to someone who lives a distance away.
Arrived quicker than expected and the chocolates are delicious
Friars always delivers the goods! Straightforward to order, delivery on time - and above all their chocolate is sublime. No hesitation in recommending Friars
Excellent! I wholeheartedly recommend!❤️👍