Friars.co.uk Reviews

of reviewers recommend Friars.co.uk
customer service
Read Friars.co.uk Reviews

About Friars.co.uk:

Friars is a family business specialising in luxury chocolate and unique gifts. Since 1927 the business has evolved from a gift shop/cafe to a specialist chocolate and gift store.

Our online business was launched in 2010 and more recently we have opened a second ‘Ye Olde Friars’ high street store in Ambleside to support our flagship store in Keswick.

Our gifts are designed in house so you will not find them anywhere else. We want to make it easy for you to be original, so you can give gifts that taste and look amazing and will be remembered.

We love new products (perhaps because we get bored easily!), so every Valentines, Easter, Summer, Halloween and Christmas we launch a new range. It certainly keeps us entertained and hopefully our customers interested.

Tell us how Friars.co.uk made you happy
Fabulous Best Truffles Anywhere
I have only one experience of Friars having ordered and enjoyed their Rose and Violet creams which were superb. They were delivered promptly and to the correct address (not always the case with other companies and their couriers). So what else can I say, excellent!!!...Keith Tomlinson
Best chocolate ginger I have found anywhere.
Perfect gift. For my sister.... She's loves it but cant get it anywhere anymore.... Thanx. Delicious
The star is for service only. I was so disappointed in my very expensive order. With the exception of their fruit box I was very disappointed in their signature and ginger selection chocolates. We found them distinctly average and overly soft. From the reviews I couldn't believe we were eating the same chocolates. Sadly they are nothing special and for that price I would not buy again.
Hi,

We are sorry that you were disappointed with the chocolates you received from us. We hope that our customers find our products enjoyable, although unfortunately they may not be to everyone's personal taste.

Kind Regards
Friars Customer Service
Two stars is for their service. With the exception of their fruit range which is novel and interesting I was bitterly disappointed by the rest of my expensive order. The signature range, and ginger range with heavy, sickly and simply nothing special. Given the reviews I was disappointed.
Hi,

Kind Regards
Friars Customer Service
Incredible chocolates, the perfect valentines gift, especially the salted caramel which seems to break into a new dimension of chocolate!
Quick delivery and always excellent chocolates Perfect valentines gift!
Arrived in perfect condition and very quickly. Delicious chocolates
Opulent chocolates. My partner hasn’t had sugar in several years. It was lovely to give him a treat that didn’t contain sugar. He absolutely loved them!
Well wrapped in a lovely box and arrived quickly yum yum.
Love these chocolates
bought these heart shaped chocolates to thank my guests for coming to my wedding vow celebration very impressed very good service
Very quick delivery lovely presentation. Very pleased with product was a gift which was much appreciated.
Choice and quality of chocolates are excellent, never fails to delight the recipient. Goods arrive very well packaged and all packaging is recyclable.
Great products, shame about the delivery charge.
lovely chocolate and on time as usual
These chocolates are absolutely DIVINE. I bought a selection box. So tasty. I'm knocking a star off because of the packaging. For a company that supposedly uses sustainable packaging, the box was wrapped in sellotape and stuffed with plastic as padding. Please change this.
Hi Justine,

Thank you for your review and we are glad to hear that you are happy with the chocolates that you purchased from us. The vegan chocolatier packaging is all sustainable and we are moving towards this ourselves. We are currently looking at different options for protective packaging of our parcels as we do want to move away from plastic packaging currently used.

Kind Regards,
Friars Customer Service
Bought my favourite Droste chocolate pastilles, (half dark, half milk) hadn’t seen them for sale in ages. Found them on this website and they were delivered quickly, packed well. Excellent service and excellent product.
Great service lovely choice of goods
Friars.co.uk is rated 4.79 based on 4,211 reviews