Friars.co.uk Reviews

of reviewers recommend Friars.co.uk
Read Friars.co.uk Reviews

About Friars.co.uk:

It all started back in 1927 when William Long had the fabulous idea of opening a luxury chocolate shop in the picturesque town of Keswick, in the heart of the Lake District. He probably never dreamed it would still be in the same family nearly 100 years later.

In those early days the shop only opened during the summer months and it is believed William chose to winter in the Madeira sunshine. As you would expect the business has evolved in many ways since then, however certain principles remain since those early days.

Innovation – We were the first to make a prosecco truffle and then shortly after we followed with our fabulous gin truffle. More recently; although Easter eggs are synonymous with Easter, we decided to move away from the main stream and invented our famous hot cross bun truffle.

But all this only scratches the surface; we are also one of the first chocolate makers to start transitioning to 100% biodegrade packagingM as well as pioneering vegan milk and white chocolate...among other things.

Quality – Any new chocolate must meet certain requirements to get past our strict tasting panel. If one of the panel gives a score below 9/10 then we simply won’t offer the chocolate to our customers.

Longevity – We are immensely proud of our historic routes and in this fast moving, ever changing world, we take pride in our tradition and heritage. Our rose and violet creams are the same ones that William sold on that first day of opening, back in 1927. We have survived and prospered over the last 90 years and with the launch of our Ambleside store and an online service, we fully intend to be around for the next 100 years.

After all life is too short, so why settle for ordinary chocolate?

sales@friars.co.uk

6-8 Main Street, ,

Tell us how Friars.co.uk made you happy
Whenever I’ve visited Keswick I’ve always enjoyed browsing round Friars and I was so pleased to be able to order my favourite treat by post as a visit hasn’t been possible for a while Thank you
Dark Chocolate Caramels, Divine.
There was a problem with the next day delivery (item arrived late) - this was no fault of Friars but they refunded me the delivery code straight away. Excellent chocolates and fantastic customer service
Absolutely delicious chocolates - best chocolate gingers and cherry liqueurs you can buy! With same day despatch and prompt delivery. Just keep coming back to order more....
Bought them as thank you present Recipient says it's scrumptious Well packaged Fast delivery
What a beautiful place to shop vegan delights to treat yourself or friends
My recent, initial purchase from Friars went without a hitch, the goods arrived at their destination safely, and on time. The recipient, something of a chocolate connoisseur, reported that in her opinion, the contents compared favourably with any other better known luxury brand on the market. Well done!
Despite it being out of stock, I was notified as soon as it came in. I ordered straight away & it was delivered in 3 days. Superb service. Thank you
Very pleased with the product. Excellent service and prompt delivery.
Once again, easy to order, delivered on time and my vegan brother was over the moon with his wine, prosecco and chocolates. Will continue to use Friars as can't fault them.
I found the service efficient from order to delivery. Chocolates most delicious!! wish you continued success! Thank you.
I regularly buy Dark Chocolate Cherry Liqueuers which are delicious ( I may be addicted to them ) and have occasionally tried other Friars varieties which have all been exceptional . Delivery usually takes a couple of days and the chocolates are well packaged but the aforementioned cherry liqueurs I find irresistible .
Gift set went down a treat with Brewdog lover. He said it was the equivalent of an afternoon tea hamper for blokes. Loved his glass and selection of beers. Been told I buy the best gifts!
We haven't eaten the chocs yet, but the website and ordering process were fine, and the packaging was good. So far, five star.
Beautiful vegan chocolates. Have purchased many boxes. So you my and a lovely treat! Quick delivery, too.
I have so far greatly enjoyed the Dark Cocoa Truffles and some of the caramels so I have some to still enjoy!
Excellent chocolates with equally good service. Would definitely use them again
The items were just what I was looking for as a gift. Despite an issue with my delivery, the customer service was quick to respond and solve the issue promptly.
Gorgeous chocolates arrived well protected in packaging and delivered on time. Will definitely shop with Friars again. Thank you Friars!
Superb chocolates, excellent service, highly recommended!
Friars.co.uk is rated 4.81 based on 9,321 reviews