Friars.co.uk Reviews

95% of reviewers recommend Friars.co.uk

About Friars.co.uk: Friars is a family business specialising in luxury chocolate and unique gifts. Since 1927 the business has evolved from a gift shop/cafe to a specialist chocolate and gift store.

Our online business was launched in 2010 and more recently we have opened a second ‘Ye Olde Friars’ high street store in Ambleside to support our flagship store in Keswick.

Our gifts are designed in house so you will not find them anywhere else. We want to make it easy for you to be original, so you can give gifts that taste and look amazing and will be remembered.

We love new products (perhaps because we get bored easily!), so every Valentines, Easter, Summer, Halloween and Christmas we launch a new range. It certainly keeps us entertained and hopefully our customers interested.

Tell us how Friars.co.uk made you happy

customer service
"According to my son and daughter in law, who received a box as a present from us, they are the best chocolates ever and are now 'officially their favourites'"
"Prompt delivery. Great quality products. We'll be buying again."
"Great products, fast delivery and always reliable."
"Chocolates are delicious. Delivered without any problems next day. My Christmas order will be with them soon."
"Really pleased with the service received, the items I purchased were top quality. No complaints at all, I will have no hesitation in using Friars again in future."
"Rose and violet creams are lovely - cant wait for an excuse to order more! They came wrapped in tissue paper - perfect for a gift."
"Great products, swift delivery and as the saying goes you get what you pay for and this applies to Friars."
"Products arrived quickly. They were really well packaged and all of the items (some of them fragile) arrived intact. Friars kept me informed about the delivery, and the products were of a really high quality. I recommend this site without hesitation and will definitely order again."
"Good selection of vegan chocolate and delicious to boot. Quick delivery"
"Hi my order came quick But i ordered fondant creams.And no mint ones were in the box.They sre mixed flavours.But some mint would of been nice for me to try."
Hi Lisa,

Thank you for your review. We don't include the mint flavour in the assorted fondant box as mint is quite a strong flavour which would overpower the other fondants in the box. Also the mint fondants are a different shape to differentiate them from the lime flavour and so wouldn't look quite right in the assorted box. Thanks again for your review.

Kind Regards,
Friars Customer Service.
"Excellent service, product and delivery. All very nicely wrapped and boxed, it’s the attention to detail that makes the difference."
"The candied orange and chocolate slices are wonderful and great value for money"
"Excellent service website was easy to navigate, great packaging and arrived in good time. Cannot comment on how tasty the products are as they won’t be opened until Christmas but both had long best before dates. I am sure the recipients will be delighted with their gift. I would definitely recommend and will be back again."
"Excellent products excellent service"
"Fast delivery. Unfortunately the item arrived damaged but it was quickly replaced."
"Products delivered very quickly"
"Product arrived quickly, well packaged and as described. It was also delicious!"
"Fast and efficient service, had the items I wanted and at a good price so everything good!"
"Did what they said, when they said. Just fine"
"Prompt delivery. Excellent quality chocolates. Highly recommended."
Friars.co.uk is rated 4.79 based on 3,231 reviews