Friars.co.uk Reviews

of reviewers recommend Friars.co.uk
Read Friars.co.uk Reviews

About Friars.co.uk:

It all started back in 1927 when William Long had the fabulous idea of opening a luxury chocolate shop in the picturesque town of Keswick, in the heart of the Lake District. He probably never dreamed it would still be in the same family nearly 100 years later.

In those early days the shop only opened during the summer months and it is believed William chose to winter in the Madeira sunshine. As you would expect the business has evolved in many ways since then, however certain principles remain since those early days.

Innovation – We were the first to make a prosecco truffle and then shortly after we followed with our fabulous gin truffle. More recently; although Easter eggs are synonymous with Easter, we decided to move away from the main stream and invented our famous hot cross bun truffle.

But all this only scratches the surface; we are also one of the first chocolate makers to start transitioning to 100% biodegrade packaging, among other things.

Quality – Any new chocolate must meet certain requirements to get past our strict tasting panel. If one of the panel gives a score below 9/10 then we simply won’t offer the chocolate to our customers.

Longevity – We are immensely proud of our historic routes and in this fast moving, ever changing world, we take pride in our tradition and heritage. Our rose and violet creams are the same ones that William sold on that first day of opening, back in 1927. We have survived and prospered over the last 90 years and with the launch of our Ambleside store and an online service, we fully intend to be around for the next 100 years.

After all life is too short, so why settle for ordinary chocolate?

Tell us how Friars.co.uk made you happy
Friars.co.uk 5 star review on 30th December 2020
margaret Campbell
Friars.co.uk 5 star review on 16th December 2020
Dennis Blackford
Friars.co.uk 5 star review on 9th December 2020
Friars.co.uk 5 star review on 4th November 2020
Lingjie Wu
I bought these chocolate s as Christians gifts, so far everyone who received them have said how lovely they were. So im going to order some for myself! Delivery was very quick and they all come packed up very well. Thankyou Frairs.
I bought chocolate coated marzipan, chocolate coated Brazil nuts and fudge as a present for my parents this Christmas. They said the marzipan was delicious, nuts were lovely and fudge was ok.
Friars chocolates are exceptional.
Fast delivery of delicious sweets.
Great product ordered a chocolate games controller for a teenager for xmas who is obsessed with his Xbox he absolutely loved it.Also the chocolate was lovely he said .great packaging as there was no breakage promp delivery
I sent lots of different Friars liquor chocolates to my mum for Christmas and she absolutely loved them. The delivery was all on time and she was very happy with the chocolates.
The chocolates are a present for a friend so I shan't eat them. However the service was excellent!
Friars service and delivery time we're good but I personally did not like the taste of some of the Kokoa range chocolates, which I discovered were made with (plant based) sweeteners - and tasted a bit artificial.
Hello, thank you for your review. We are sorry that you were disappointed with the chocolates you received from us. We hope that our customers find our products enjoyable, although unfortunately they may not be to everyone's personal taste. Kind Regards Friars Customer Service
The dark chocolate truffles were very nice. Unfortunately the milk chocolate ones had a very ‘chlorinated’ after taste. Very disappointing for the price paid as a Christmas present.
Hello David, thank you for your review. We are sorry that you were disappointed with the chocolates you received from us. We hope that our customers find our products enjoyable, although unfortunately they may not be to everyone's personal taste. We will however, pass your comments on to our production team. Again, we do apologise for any disappointment caused. Kind Regards Friars Customer Service
In December I bought a box of milk chocolate Irish Cream Truffles for an Xmas present. They were very well received and they are absolutely delicious! I couldn't recommend too highly. 10 out of 10 to Friars!
Unfortunately the first order didn’t arrive, perhaps a postal issue. Emailed them and they arranged for another to be sent out. Fantastic service and will definitely order from you again.
We used to purchase a very similar product from Guilberts of Bristol but they no longer sell this type. Therefore, I was delighted to find your product, which we greatly enjoyed over the Christmas period. We will no doubt order again in the future. Regards Paul and Mary Winslade
I wish I had found this chocolatier before as the quality looked excellent and I was satisfied with the range of products on offer.
All the chocolates I purchased were gifts and the feedback I have received so far suggests that the recipients of these gifts are very happy with what they received.
I will be using this company again.
Bought these violet creams for someone who is something of an aficionado. Purchased retail from various suppliers in Cardiff in the past but we both think these are superior
Very nice chocolates apart from the strawberry and champagne which tasted synthetic.
I ordered a selection of chocolates as Christmas gifts for associates of our company. They were all received and really enjoyed. The selection was loved. Thanks and will definitely use Friars in the future as they offer vegan alternatives. :)
Deliciously tasty. Fantastic customer service(!! from Ell) and ever so quick delivery even during Christmas/ lockdown. Thanks so much for having a great selection of naughty vegan treats.
Good choice of goods and quick delivery
Ordered for a gift so didnt see / taste the items purchased myself , however recipient loved them so thanks very much
Excellent service and communication. And the chocolates are superb too!!
Friars.co.uk is rated 4.80 based on 7,534 reviews