Freevacy Ltd Reviews

of reviewers recommend Freevacy Ltd
Read Freevacy Ltd Reviews
Freevacy are easy to book with and very accommodating, Joyce was able to provide on site training for staff ranging from groups of 3 - 8 and set up BCS examinations (Data Protection and FoI) after training. Resources available are good quality and Joyce is very knowledgeable and tries to keep the content engaging. Overall the training is an enjoyable experience.
The course was supported with pre-reading, delivered in a highly engaging way and gave a great introduction into what is an enormous topic. Having no background in DP I did wonder how the course would prepare me for the final exam. However providing you do the evening reading and review the questions you answered previously, you are set up for success. I would highly recommend Freevacy and Joyce.
A complex subject, jugging the DPA 2018 and the GDPR 2018, explained well, confidently and with practical examples which helped highlight and reinforce the learning. Enjoyed that we were encouraged to be "active participants" in the training. Materials provided were of an excellent standard. I believe I now have a better understanding of these important pieces of legislation and look forward to increasing my confidence as they are used on a regular basis.
I thought the course was good but could have done with more group work activities to break up the style. I also felt that while finishing early seems ideal, my preference would have been to go through topics more slowly and finish at the time expected.
Overall the course was good and informative. Having the exercises after talking through sectiosn weas useful. Once comment for the wording through the course was very gender based he/his she/hers, as we know people do identify differently to these, so a suggestions would be that any mention of these could be changed to them/they/theirs to be fully inclusive.
The BCS GDPR Practitioner Update Certificate course facilitated by Joyce Allen from Freevacy was excellent. The course was taken at the right pace, was informative and the debates were stimulating. I learnt a lot and feel that my knowledge of GDPR/Data Protection Act 2018 has been enhanced by attending the course. John Morgan
I previously attended the BCS Data Protection Course led by Joyce and was delighted that she was the trainer for the Data Protection bridge course. The training was well delivered and engaging, pace was perfect and Joyce has extensive knowledge in the area. There was a good balance between theory and practice which provided a lot of opportunity for discussion which was useful in validating and providing confidence in my own knowledge of data protection.
The DP update course was very informative and delivered in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. This course has bridged the gap, between the knowledge that I gained on my previous 'DPA '98 ' course, with the 'DPA 2018 incorporating GDPR'. It has given me a straightforward approach to the new legislation.
Thanks to Joyce for the training. Good insight into FOI, just waiting on exam results now.
I completed a Data protection practitioner course through Freevacy during February 2019. The trainer was very knowledgeable and enlivened what can be a dry subject with many anecdotes as well as allowing participants to relate their own stories and issues.
Great service and location. Really pleased I choose Freevacy for my course and look forward to visiting again for the follow up!
Great course just what the doctor ordered, very informative and well put across to us lay persons thanks Joyce:)
I feel the training and resources met my expectations. The training was extensive and the trainer was very knowledgeable about the business area.
I think it was a disadvantage to not be supplied answers to the exercise questions we completed, as we could not learn the correct answers. The course could have been more interactive with more revision exercises to help us learn, it was a very tedious format.
At Freevacy we are always saddened when a delegate is unhappy with the process of a course. All courses have very limited time to cover large amounts of information, but discussion is the main element of all our courses, if the amount of discussion and interaction was limited for one delegate, we will make a note and attempt to incorporate even more in future courses.
Freevacy has developed a large number of sample questions in a booklet format.
Dependent on the course undertaken, there is an example answer booklet to request from Freevacy once they have attempted the questions as revision for their exams. The questions and answers are suggestions only based on our experience, but delegates are encouraged to study further and not rely solely on our examples.
This process does not apply to the BCS Data Protection Foundation course as this is a three-day course with an exam at the end of the three days, it would be inappropriate for delegates to attempt to learn suggested questions and answers and should rely on their knowledge gained through the course in the exam. We do however, work through over 60 sample multiple choice questions and discuss each one fully throughout the course giving every delegate the best possible opportunity to understand the exam process and feel confident to take and pass their Foundation exam.
Great trainer. Despite the introduction and definitions starting at a slow pace, the course was really informative and the trainer helpful and engaging throughout.
I cannot speak highly enough of the skills, expertise and methods employed by Freevacy in respect of the courses I have attended. The approach to learning the syllabus is done in such a way that benefit both someone just starting out in their field, or for more experienced professionals. The application of exam techniques and styles is a real bonus when it comes to taking them. I have a 100% pass record with Freevacy and will look forward to more courses with them at the appropriate juncture. Thanks to all the team for providing a relaxing environment in which to learn. J
The training pack and course delivery was very good and informative.
Excellent course materials provided and the trainer was warm, friendly and knew the subject matter inside out. Made the course very enjoyable.
I attended a 5 day Data protection/GDPR Practitioner Course and found it most useful and informative. The training course materials were of very high quality, clearly presented and made a very complex area much more digestible. The Trainer was extremely knowledgeable and could answer all the questions posed by the group in a very comprehensible manner. The only improvement I would suggest is introducing more interactive/breakout group exercises which are aimed at making core syllabus topics memorable. Talking through the workbook and discussing examples is also useful in making sure we cover everything or know where to go to study further but it is a very intense week of study and variety of learning tools and styles might help delegates. For example, use of videos, scenarios, mapping definitions to terms, linking practical work scenarios with theory etc. Some of which we did but maybe do more. However, I appreciate there is a lot to cover and the above suggestion will take time but if delegates read up on the relevant sections before the course then it may be possible to introduce alternative learning styles. It was a course worth doing and I would recommend it to others too. Big thanks to the Trainer.
Freevacy preparation for the BCS FOI exam was pitched well. It has also improved our practical implementation and compliance.
Freevacy Ltd is rated 4.64 based on 50 reviews