Frank Howard Tools & Fixings Ltd Reviews

95% of reviewers recommend Frank Howard Tools & Fixings Ltd

About Frank Howard Tools & Fixings Ltd: Frank Howard Tools & Fixings Ltd established in 1988, celebrating its 30th Year of trading and is proud to be one of the largest independent tool stockists in Essex.

Situated in Braintree & Chelmsford, Essex and Bishop’s Stortford, Hertfordshire, Frank Howard Tools & Fixings Ltd has steadily grown by recommendation and referrals to become a comprehensive supplier of tools and materials to the building trade, local authorities and industrial market; however we always welcome the keen DIY'er.

Our loyal workforce have a wealth of knowledge and experience so are only too pleased to help and advise the best products to meet your needs.

30 years ago Frank set out to supply quality goods offering good value for money, but above all, service and customer experience second to none. These values are still the forefront of our route to market and your experience is our priority.

Top Brands loved and trusted by the trade

We pride ourselves with the extensive range of Power Tools, Hand Tools and Fixings in an ever growing range. Anything and everything from the Powerful Paslode IM350 First Fix Nail Gun to the Bosch GBH 2-26 DRE SDS to the humble Stanley tape measure.

We offer amazing deals on all the top brands like Makita, Bosch, Festool, Paslode, Metabo, Trend, Stanley, Irwin with many others available.
We are also always up for a challenge, if you don't know who makes it or what it is called but can describe what it does or is used for, we will have a go at finding that live saving tool.

Not only do we have the products, but we have the knowledge as well. Frank Howard has built its reputation on providing outstanding customer service. Our highly trained staff are able to answer any questions you might have on any of our products either face to face, by telephone or email. It has been our focus on providing an excellent service that has grown Frank Howard into the company that it is today and we still stand by these values.

We pride ourselves on having developed positive working relationships with all the companies whose products we supply. We’ve also been providing our services to some of the same customers for the last two decades. Situated in Braintree, Bishop’s Stortford and Chelmsford, Frank Howard Tools & Fixings Ltd has grown to become a comprehensive supplier of power tools, fixings and materials to the building trade, local authorities and industrial market.

Have a look through our impressive collection of power tools & hand tools today and remember, we’re always here to help if you have any questions about any of our products. You can get in touch with us either by visiting one of our stores in Essex or Hertfordshire or by giving us a call on 01376 327 454. Alternatively, drop us an email at web@frankhoward.com and one of our team will get back to you in no time.

ac@frankhoward.com

Anglia Way
Braintree

Tell us how Frank Howard Tools & Fixings Ltd made you happy

"Have never received my order can you call me 07836325415 thanks Keith"
"Can’t fault my item, had slight issues with delivery but company were quick to resolve the issue"
"The item I ordered showed ten in stock so I expected the item within a week? but after two weeks nothing had arrived. Also I never got an email confirmation of the order only a PayPal payment email. I called and was told an email was sent I said I never got it. Through my postcode the order was found and I was told there was a wait for the item. I asked why as it showed stock, I was told some excuse that they have to get the items in. So don’t they hold any stock??? I chased it up again a few days later still no stock. Finally it arrived about three weeks after I placed the order and I was told it would be sent out next day. It didn’t arrived. It was chased again and I was told it didn’t come in after all but was there now and I would get it Monday of last week. Didn't arrive as there were problems with delivery driver, it was chased and arrived Tuesday. But it was the wrong item totally, not even same make. My item was with another lady so I was told and I had her item! They picked up the wrong item same day, yes quick to com that!!! But mine couldn’t be returned as that person it went to was away! So they reordered my item. It was due in Friday and I was due to get it Monday, didn’t arrive, told it came in Monday will get it today Tuesday. So today it came! 12th June ordered on May 20th but though it’s the right make it’s the wrong item again!!!! They arranged for it to be picked up this afternoon again very quick on arranging pick up! But no mention of what they are doing about my item!!!! I said I wanted a full refund and they seemed shocked. So I am waiting I hope for that to be issued. I have already had the postage issued to me after the first mistake. It seems looking at the reviews this company was good to deal with but this review and the previous one seem to imply they have issues now so I woulda avoid buying from them over the web maybe in store? Is ok if they have physical shops?"
"Just had to cancel an order placed on 29th this week. I had no order confirmation emails or any other response from Frank Howard so this morning I go onto their website and used the "Live Chat" that popped up. It said "estimated wait time 2 minutes" but I gave up after 25 minutes (see attached "conversation" screenshot). Then I phoned Frank Howard and chased delivery only to be told that instead of the "1-3 working days" stated on their website, it will now be "the end of June"because they can not find the stock in their warehouse. Alledgedly they sent an email to inform me but obviously this was not received by me. As an ecommerce site owner myself, this shocking customer service really frustrates me. If they sent an email and did not get a response (obviously no one is going to wait another 4 or 5 weeks for a delivery), did they not think to pick up a telephone? So the upshot is I have asked for a full refund which I have to wait " a few days" for apparently! Whilst I appreciate that things go wrong sometimes, it appears that things have gone wrong in every single area of this order. Needless to say, I will not be using them again!"
""I received my Bosch drill and impact driver in good time, but on opening it noticed the seal was very easy to remove without breaking. \r\nHaving examined the drill and battery\u2019s and driver, I could see that the batteries had scuff mark on and that the one battery would not even come out if the drill, I think no it had all been used before.\r\nI sent an email with pictures and details of my issues but received no response. \r\nI have also called and was meant to have been called back on two occasions and after a week I am still waiting , very disappointed and still have no drill to use.""
(Online Store) - Posted 1 year ago
"Sent product in wrong box with no inlays and no response"
(Online Store) - Posted 1 year ago
"Terrible customer service. Ordered something which wasn't in stock but showing on their website. Was not informed at all. Had to call them a week later to find our what was happening. Was initially told it was being delivered the next day, then when it didn't arrive next day was told the truth. They are just a distributor for proper hardware company's (like Tool Bank who they were meant to be getting my item from). Would never buy from them again. Showed no sympathy for such terrible service"
Frank Howard Tools & Fixings Ltd is rated 4.77 based on 209 reviews