Foresters Friendly Society Reviews

of reviewers recommend Foresters Friendly Society
Read Foresters Friendly Society Reviews

About Foresters Friendly Society:

Foresters Friendly Society has been helping with family finances since 1834. As a mutual society, we don't have shareholders so our profits are instead distributed to our policyholders in the form of bonuses and also through our Foresters Extras membership package. We take a sustainable approach to savings, investments and insurance.

Third Floor, Enterprise House, Ocean Way, Ocean Village

Tell us how Foresters Friendly Society made you happy
I haven't heard anything since I put £1000 in an ISA. Also I tried to invest in another monthly policy not realising that tho I am 74 I am in my 75th year so ineligible...silly me.
Hi Jane, thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear about the experience you have had and would be happy to look into this for you. If you could please contact us by email memberservices@forestersfriendlysociety.co.uk or call 0800 988 2418 to provide some further information we’d appreciate it. Kind regards, Foresters.
Hi Jane, our Member Services team have advised that they have sent another policy pack to you by post (it was sent on Friday 25th March). If this still doesn't arrive, could please contact us by email at memberservices@forestersfriendlysociety.co.uk or call 0800 988 2418. Thank you. Kind regards, Foresters.
I invested with Forresters because there was a good cashback offer via Quidco, but this has not tracked and I have had to set up a claim for it to be investigated, so first impressions have not been great.
Hi Alice, Thank you for leaving us a review. We're sorry to hear about your experience via Quidco and have found that on occasion this does unfortunately happen. We can however get in touch with Quidco on your behalf to ensure the claim is progressed. If you could please contact us by phone on 0800 988 2418 or by email memberservices@forestersfriendlysociety.co.uk with your Quidco claim reference number we would be happy to do this for you. Thank you, Foresters
Staff are very helpful but an app to keep track of savings is needed
Lack of online account management is a shame and makes harder for clients to monitor their account balances. Also, been waiting for months my M&S voucher.
Never got the information pack I ordered before actually applying for the LISA. Would also be nice if you had an online account to view your account etc.
Easy to talk to and fast replies
I asked for a LISA to be transferred from another provider, but you failed to do this correctly and promptly.
Hi Georgina, The quality of the service we provide is important to us and we aim to review/improve this as much as we can, based on feedback received from our members, so we appreciate you leaving this review for us. Having looked into this we can see that on this occasion the delay was due to the provider transferring your existing LISA to us, which is, unfortunately, out of our hands. If there is anything further we can assist you with, please do not hesitate to contact us either by email membersalesandservice@forestersfriendlysociety.co.uk or phone 0800 988 2418. Best wishes, Foresters Friendly
New to the Society. Pleased with the non shareholder approach. Seems much more in my interest!
So far it is OK, but the thing I most dislike is that I can not see online the current status of the funds.
Hi, thank you your comments. We understand that some members want to have online access to their savings plan and we are investing in our digital capabilities to enable this service. In the meantime, we are able to provide plan values over the phone and we send out annual statements regarding the plan’s value. For any details regarding your plan, our Member Services team are on hand to answer any questions you may have on 0800 988 2418 or membersalesandservices@forestersfriendlysociety.co.uk. Kind regards, Foresters
Have not received anything in post?
Hi Sarah, thank you for your review. We understand our Member Services team have already been in touch with you about this, but if you do need any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us. We are available on 0800 988 2418 or by email memberservices@forestersfriendlysociety.co.uk. Kind regards, Foresters
I cannot really make a valid comment at present as I have had very little contact from you since my initial investment. I would appreciate online access to my investment so that I can keep up to date with how it is doing. I think it is unusual that you don't provide this in this day and age.
Hi Ian, thank you for your review. We know online account access is something our members have expressed an interest in, and it is something we are looking into. In the meantime, if you need any information about your savings plan or member benefits, please do call us on: 0800 988 2418 or email us: memberservices@forestersfriendlysociety.co.uk Kind regards, Foresters.
I can't find anywhere that I can log on to my account to see what's happening with my money. I have an ISA account with another Friendly Society and it lets me log-on to see my account.
Hi Christine, thank you for your review. We know online account access is something our members have expressed an interest in, and it is something we are looking into. In the meantime, if you need any information about your savings plan or member benefits, please do call us on: 0800 988 2418 or email us: memberservices@forestersfriendlysociety.co.uk Kind regards, Foresters.
From the day of my application to become a Member into the Friendly Society I have received a kind welcome normal letter from the National office with my Member number and my Court. Soon after I wrote several emails to the National office (my favorite contact) asking them for more information but unfortunately I have not received a reply from them to date and I have not even been contacted by the local Court. I trust in this ancient and well organized Society,however I believe they should answer emails and not just phone calls.
Hi Giuseppe, thank you for your review, we are sorry to hear you've had trouble getting in touch. If you email us on: memberservices@forestersfriendlysociety.co.uk with more information we will be happy to get back to you, Kind regards, Foresters.
not a lot of feedback following opening an initial investment with Foresters ? aside from receiving an email to say a pack is on its way it does not seem possible to login online and check progress?
Hi Andrew, thank you for your comments. We know online account access is something our members have expressed an interest in and it is something we are looking into. In the meantime, if you need any information about your savings plan or member benefits, please do get in touch on 0800 988 2418. Kind regards, Foresters.
There is very little communication from them , no statements or updates
Hi Richard, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, and we are sorry to hear you weren’t happy with the service. We do issue annual statements in August. We are planning to offer members online access in the not too distant future, as we know this is something our members are keen to use. If you have any further questions, please email memberservices@forestersfriendlysociety.co.uk or call 0800 988 2418 and we’ll be happy to help. Kind regards, Foresters.
More regular statements please Make it easier to access account info on line
Hello, thank you for leaving us a review. Annual bonus statements have just been issued, but we know online access is something our members want to see, so we hope to offer this soon. In the meantime, if you need any information about your savings plan or membership benefits, please do not hesitate to get in touch at memberservices@forestersfriendlysociety.co.uk Kind regards, Foresters
Very simple and easy to sign up for a plan. Two things need looking at: 1. Identifying if any existing member. My other daughter has a plan. 2. Need to ask for a scan or photo of a document to help confirm claimed identity.
Hi Nick, thank you for your review. We'd be happy to take a look at this for you. Please could you email memberservices@forestersfriendlysociety.co.uk or call 0800 988 2418 with some more information. Kind regards, Foresters.
Opening an account was easy and straight forward. Over the year I have received correspondence but nothing advising me what the value of my investment has become. This would have been usedul.
Hello, thank you for leaving your review. We are currently producing our annual bonus statements which will provide an update on your investment's value. These will be sent out by early August. If you need any other information about your savings plan or membership benefits, please do not hesitate to get in touch on memberservices@forestersfriendlysociety.co.uk. Kind regards, Foresters
Pleased with benefits so far but disappointed with communications. Before lock down we were only notified about social events when they were aleady full.
Hi Kay, thank you for leaving a review. We’re sorry to hear the events you were interested in were full. Do get in touch with your Court Secretary and they’ll be able to update you on future events, as soon as they are able to take place again. Kind regards, Foresters.
Foresters Friendly Society is rated 4.58 based on 495 reviews