Foresters Friendly Society Reviews

of reviewers recommend Foresters Friendly Society
Read Foresters Friendly Society Reviews

About Foresters Friendly Society:

Foresters Friendly Society has been helping with family finances since 1834. As a mutual society, we don't have shareholders so our profits are instead distributed to our policyholders in the form of bonuses and also through our Foresters Extras membership package. We take a sustainable approach to savings, investments and insurance.

Third Floor, Enterprise House, Ocean Way, Ocean Village

Tell us how Foresters Friendly Society made you happy
Opened a policy, paid £25 in, went to close policy 34 days after opening (apparently the cut off is close policy within 30days to get funds back) Originally told i had not paid anything into the policy, had to send screenshots of bank to prove i had, they then they changed their story to actually you have paid but you are not eligible for a refund of premiums due to closing policy on day 34 needed to 30days. No apologies for me having to prove i had made a payment to them? This is after i have sent multiple emails and call back requests. Ive placed a complaint but i am not hopeful.. AVOID AVOID AVOID
Hi Alan, thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear you are unhappy and would like to apologise for any confusion caused regarding the first payment into the plan. We will look into why this occurred. The 30 day cancellation period, during which customers may change their mind and request a refund of any money paid, is standard across all financial services organisations. Any cancellation requests outside of the 30 days, regardless of when they occur, are handled as early surrenders. Details about this are provided in the cancellation notice sent to you in your new policy pack and in our product literature. Our Complaints team have sent a response to you in the post which you will receive soon. If there is anything further we can help with, our member services team are available weekdays 9am to 5pm on memberservices@forestersfriendlysociety.co.uk or 0800 988 2418. Kind regards, Foresters
I have two accounts with you where I was saving for my grandchildren I asked if I could change the amount on the two and have tree accounts as we had another grandchild You have been so difgicywith tegards to closing these two accounts that I would never recommend you You have kept our money snd it is really difficult to get this back , as the accounts are in the childrens names as advised by you Can we please close both accounts and have the money out I feel like taking this further , disgusting treatment , you should remember all customers not just your rich ones
Hello, thank you for your review and we are sorry to hear your thoughts. As we offer long-term savings plans, the amount paid into the plan is fixed when they are opened and cannot be changed throughout the plan’s duration. As the plans are opened in a child’s name, they are viewed as a gift to the child, so unfortunately we are unable to pay the plan out to anyone except the child. If you can please contact our Member Services team they will be happy to help with resolving your enquiry. Our contact details are 0800 988 2418 or membersalesandservice@forestersfriendlysociety.co.uk. Kind regards Foresters
With reference to my previous review & your reply, the customer is always right, so remain job´s worth & inflexable & go out of business, you´re not the only FS in the UK.
I´ve had several tax free savings plans over the last 30+ years with the Foresters & have been happy with the returns. As each one matured I successfully started another plan to continue saving to the maximum of 25 pounds per month. I´ve one maturing this month & therefore wanted to start another & was told that it was 25 pounds or nothing, so it´s going to be nothing. I don´t know if this is something to do with the Foresters now only offering tax exempt plans via the Post Office, but they are now very inflexable. So, I´m going to open a plan with the Sheffield Friendly Society as they will accept premiums from 5 pounds to 25 pounds. Obviously, you are not now as friendly as others or as in the past.
David, thank you very much for providing your feedback and for being a member with us for over 30 years. We’re sorry that after such a positive experience you feel let down by the savings options currently offered. As our Member Services team have explained to you, it is correct that it was possible as an existing member to split the £25 monthly savings amount over more than one plan, however since the Foresters Tax Exempt Savings Plan (TESP) was replaced by the POIS Tax Exempt Savings Plan (TESP) earlier this year, we are no longer able to offer this option. As the 5th oldest mutual in the UK our members remain at the heart of everything we do and it has been with all our members’ interests in mind that we have had to make this change to ensure our members get the best possible outcome at maturity of the plan. As a Foresters member, please also remember the additional member benefits available to you, at no extra cost, including discretionary grants to help you to cover the cost of things like dental and optical care. Whilst we may be unable to help with the TESP, we do have a range of other financial plans that you may well be interested in. If you’d like any further details, we’d be happy to discuss this with you either by email membersalesandservice@forestersfriendlysociety.co.uk or phone 0800 988 2418. Kind regards, Foresters Friendly.
You took my money told me that the site should had taken my £50. Then cancelled my account
Hi Lee, thank you for your review. We are sorry you have had this experience with us. If you could please call us on: 0800 988 2418 [or email us: memberservices@forestersfriendlysociety.co.uk] with more information, we will be happy to look into this for you. Regards, Foresters Friendly.
Disappointed as welcome pack has not been received
Hi Nicola, thank you for your comments and we are sorry to hear of the experience you have had. Our Member Services team have arranged for another pack to be sent out which you should receive this week. Please do contact us again if this does not arrive. You can reach our Member Services team on 0800 988 2418 or by email: memberservices@forestersfriendlysociety.co.uk. Kind regards, Foresters."
I have been trying to deposit a lump sum for ages, but your phones are never answered.
Hi Aaron, thank you for your comments. I understand that you have spoken to Laura in our Member Services Team. Please do email: memberservices@forestersfriendlysociety.co.uk or call us: 0800 247 2418 again if you would like to discuss your savings plan with us in more detail. Thanks, Foresters.
Not the best experience so far. Took a policy out 26 feb, email reply straight away that policy details would be posted within 5 days. Called over 2 weeks later thinking i have been conned out of my investment to be told policy docs will be with me in 3 days?!
Dear David, we are sorry to hear about your recent experience with our service. We’d be glad to look into this for you. Please email: memberservices@forestersfriendlysociety.co.uk or call 0800 988 2418 with some more information and we’ll be in touch. Kind regards, Foresters.
£525 in £350 out.??
Hi, thank you for your comments. We are sorry to hear you weren't happy with our service. If you email us with your details and the best time to call you, we will ensure that a member of our team contacts you at your convenience. Our email is: memberservices@forestersfriendlysociety.co.uk or please do feel free to call us on 0800 988 2418. Kind regards, Foresters.
The account itself is totally fine and meets my needs, however the customer service thus far in my experience has been poor.
Hi David, thank you for your comments. We are sorry to hear you weren't pleased with our service. We’d be glad to look into this for you. Please email: memberservices@forestersfriendlysociety.co.uk or call 0800 988 2418 with some more information and we’ll be in touch. Kind regards, Foresters.
I should have received a £65 bonus for opening this account via Topcashback, but they inform me that Foresters is only offering £50. NOT a great start to a relationship with this company!
Dear Julie, thank you for your comments. We are sorry to hear about your recent experience. We will look into this for you and will be in touch shortly. Kind regards, Foresters.
Dear Julie, further to our recent communication, we are glad to have been able to resolve this matter for you. Please do get in touch if you have any questions in the future about your savings plan with us. Kind regards, Foresters
my disable father apply for support fund 2 times they did int help him to get grant
Hi Yusuf, thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear about your experience with us. If you'd like us to look into this more, please email memberservices@forestersfriendlysociety.co.uk or call 0800 988 2418 with some more information. Kind regards, Foresters.
I have recently invested in a Lifetime ISA with Foresters FS, with the website telling me that it was "straightforward financial solutions with a human touch". However, there is absolutely no sense of a "human touch" from any of your communications so far. My corporate pension plan with Aviva is nothing special, but they have an online account where I can log in, and it will give me projections of how much I could get in retirement, and whether I'm on course for my target.....the quarterly communications I recieve from them are large colourful packs filled with info. In comparison, your introductory pack was a lifeless colourless letter, with a cancellation letter and a black and white leaflet, that didn't even contain all the information (it tells me to look up some PPFM). There is no indication of what the regular bonuses have been in the past etc, and you are supposed to be a friendly society. Very dissapointing
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, and we are sorry to hear you weren’t happy with the pack you received. This does contain all of the relevant details policyholders require but we are disappointed you felt it lacked the vibrancy of other materials you’ve seen. As a mutual we are run and owned by our members and try to keep costs to a minimum whilst using our profits to return to members. To help see potential returns, the Lifetime ISA page on our website offers an interactive calculator and provides details on past performance within the FAQs. You can also view the PPFM document here. We are planning to offer members online access in the not too distant future, as we know this is something our members are keen to use. If you have any further questions, please email memberservices@forestersfriendlysociety.co.uk or call 0800 988 2418 and we’ll be happy to help. Kind regards, Foresters.
Old fashioned company stuck in the dark ages. Their internet offering is amateur and basic. The customer service and complaints teams are the same one person. Very unprofessional and will lie just to get you off the phone. Get your LISA anywhere else but here is my advice.
Hi, thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear about your experience. We’d be happy to look into this for you. Please email memberservices@forestersfriendlysociety.co.uk or call us on 0800 988 2418 with some more information and we’ll be in touch. Kind regards, Foresters
a lot of issues with service delivery at your Southampton office
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to hear you weren't happy with our service delivery. We’d be happy to look into this for you. Please email memberservices@forestersfriendlysociety.co.uk or call us on 0800 988 2418 with some more information and we’ll be in touch. Kind regards, Foresters
Foresters Friendly Society is rated 4.58 based on 495 reviews